Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Scratch Monkey posted:

In america our Cadbury bunny ads were a particularly weird sort of horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

By popular demand posted:

If ever was a reason for wearing a chainmail glove "I'm too dumb to even fold my fingers" is that.

A chainmail glove will not prevent your fingers from being crushed (and likely amputated) through the glove. And that cleaver would probably cleave right through the flimsy chainmail used in chainmail gloves, tbhq. Edit: might be enough to save you if you just catch the edge of your finger, though.

I'm hoping it's a fake hand. I'm doing my best to convince myself it's a fake hand.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 1, 2023

holttho
May 21, 2007

What's that old IRA saying? "She needs to get lucky every time, but we only need to get lucky once?"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

holttho posted:

What's that old IRA saying? "She needs to get lucky every time, but we only need to get lucky once?"

I never heard that and I grew up in N. Ireland.

More 80's UK advert madness. This was for a discontinued soft drink called Quosh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3s8F1r-Yds

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

holttho posted:

Today we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky once. You will have to be lucky always.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Valko posted:

More 80's UK advert madness. This was for a discontinued soft drink called Quosh.
I would have IMMEDIATELY wanted some Quosh if I had seen this as a child

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

What even is that? Some kind of fish? I’m sure it’s meat but the yellow color is throwing me off

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

RatHat posted:

What even is that? Some kind of fish? I’m sure it’s meat but the yellow color is throwing me off

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This 90s anti-drug ad freaked me out a bit when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqjFnTIYf8

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That would scare the living poo poo out of me as a kid. I had trouble sleeping after Trilogy of Terror.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RatHat posted:

Its normal bread with a thick crust

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Wee posted:

Its normal bread with a thick crust

Normal bread isn’t usually filled with pink stuff

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Doesn't really seem like that sharp of a knife.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Yeah that looks like a big chunk of snake.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

koshmar posted:

Normal bread isn’t usually filled with pink stuff

It's just normal, innocent bread.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

UwUnabomber posted:

Yeah that looks like a big chunk of snake.

Ohhh yeah that looks like what it is

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I think it's chicken, specifically something called "White cut chicken".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIX8it0BIao&t=860s

The bones are left in, that's why a big rear end cleaver is being used.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
it's not running away or anything though, I don't think you need to hold the thing down while you whack it

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Valko posted:

finger clippin good

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Valko posted:

It's definitely white cut chicken. I have it pretty frequently and it would absolutely be better without the bones.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

By popular demand posted:

I hope the voice actress never got horny mail because I'm sure nowadays she would have had.
:stare:

She got the job after recording joi vinals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKsLLoU1JFo

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

McGavin posted:

It's definitely white cut chicken. I have it pretty frequently and it would absolutely be better without the bones.

for whatever reason in SE Asia they like picking around bones to eat stuff, and for most Europeans / Americans it's really annoying.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The reason I was given was that the bones add flavour, but when they're whacked with a cleaver like that they have a tendency to splinter into tiny shards, which you will inevitably bite into no matter how carefully you eat. I'm firmly in the "do not whack bones with a cleaver" camp.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

McGavin posted:

Once you've done it a few times, separating the meat from the skeleton of a chicken takes like 2 minutes, tops.
People are loving weird.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I know a guy who ate chicken bones and all.

He was a joiner (carpenter) and sometimes he'd get a couple of chicken drumsticks from the hot food counter for lunch. You'd be sitting in the back of a van at lunchtime and hear *CRUNCH*SNAP*CRUNCH*. Look over to see what was going on and he was chewing up bones like a hyena.

I don't come from a culture that typically serves meat on the bone. In fact, I was serving him drinks one night and he demanded I take the lemon out of his G+T. I heard some other barman down the street served him a G+T with lime. He had a fit and shouted and the bartender "Take the fuckin' cucumber out of it, If I wanted soup I would have asked for soup!"

He wore a cowboy hat, button up shirt, and trousers at all times - even when he was up a ladder hammering nails into wood. My point is, he was a bit of an oddball.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

McGavin posted:

The reason I was given was that the bones add flavour, but when they're whacked with a cleaver like that they have a tendency to splinter into tiny shards, which you will inevitably bite into no matter how carefully you eat. I'm firmly in the "do not whack bones with a cleaver" camp.

Absolutely, bones are kept aside for to make stock from and not to add sharp objects to the food!

Fumble posted:

She got the job after recording joi vinals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKsLLoU1JFo

I keep forgetting there's nothing new underneath the sun.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Inzombiac posted:

Once you've done it a few times, separating the meat from the skeleton of a chicken takes like 2 minutes, tops.
People are loving weird.

But if you took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, now, would it?

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

PainterofCrap posted:

But if you took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, now, would it?

I prefer "Spring Surprise".

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
:nws:

Sorry.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Valko posted:

I know a guy who ate chicken bones and all.

He was a joiner (carpenter) and sometimes he'd get a couple of chicken drumsticks from the hot food counter for lunch. You'd be sitting in the back of a van at lunchtime and hear *CRUNCH*SNAP*CRUNCH*. Look over to see what was going on and he was chewing up bones like a hyena.

I don't come from a culture that typically serves meat on the bone. In fact, I was serving him drinks one night and he demanded I take the lemon out of his G+T. I heard some other barman down the street served him a G+T with lime. He had a fit and shouted and the bartender "Take the fuckin' cucumber out of it, If I wanted soup I would have asked for soup!"

He wore a cowboy hat, button up shirt, and trousers at all times - even when he was up a ladder hammering nails into wood. My point is, he was a bit of an oddball.

Have you told this story elsewhere or does every fiftieth member of this forum have a weird guy eats chicken weird story

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Have you told this story elsewhere or does every fiftieth member of this forum have a weird guy eats chicken weird story

It's the first time I've told it but I would like a link to more.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So a quick google search and apparently eating chicken bones is just a thing :shrug:
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-people-eat-even-the-chicken-bones

And apparently if cooked right, and your eating the right bones it's seems it not bad for you (although eating the wrong bones can apparently and you know entirely understandably, be super dangerous!):
https://practicalcooks.com/can-you-eat-chicken-bones-are-there-benefits/

So yeah, very much in the would not recommend category, but apparently still a thing people do.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm certain I can picture the movie you're talking about, but I can't find any evidence it exists. I'm pretty sure you've incepted me :tinfoil:

https://youtu.be/hjr0ziHwraw

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Oh no! The cursed doll I locked in my luggage is escaping! Better wait for it to get tired then slowly open the luggage!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
It's white cut chicken, the bone shards keep petulant Whitey's away

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The bone shards are there to cut whites.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

RatHat posted:

Hotdog omelet

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
the bone shards prick your gums and the blood seasons the food inside of your mouth like ortolan

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

wanna meet that dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Dick Burglar posted:

A chainmail glove will not prevent your fingers from being crushed (and likely amputated) through the glove. And that cleaver would probably cleave right through the flimsy chainmail used in chainmail gloves, tbhq. Edit: might be enough to save you if you just catch the edge of your finger, though.

I'm hoping it's a fake hand. I'm doing my best to convince myself it's a fake hand.

Yeah, if a forklift was using a massive cleaver, sure.

I had to use one years back to trim cow hides at a processing plant I work at very briefly. The amount of times the knife would go straight through the hide and *ting* off my thumb and I would feel almost nothing was noteworthy, given that if I wasn't wearing it, I wouldn't have a thumb.

Bit of a cursed job, especially when you cut through an abscess or someone throws a testicle at you.