Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Really feeling for the poor MIC after the gov came in and told em 'just rent seeking boys, I want to see stingers at 100x the price and I don't want to see a single coin spent on cost basis'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Idk I feel for him.

I just want to be the pensioned out guy who oversees a state owned cannon foundry like it's 1750.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Isnt the modern equalivent of that getting a do nothing job with BAE or Lockmart?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

KomradeX posted:

Isnt the modern equalivent of that getting a do nothing job with BAE or Lockmart?

Except they don’t actually make cannon, plus they won’t be remembered 300 years later for also making bronze church bells that are considered masterpieces.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

o7

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Except they don’t actually make cannon, plus they won’t be remembered 300 years later for also making bronze church bells that are considered masterpieces.

No American officer wants that though. They have the same brain parasites as every Suburban psychopath has

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Don't underestimate the variety of different brain parasites possessed by the officers of the American military. I'm sure plenty love tradition, maybe not quite ff level but still.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Weka posted:

Don't underestimate the variety of different brain parasites possessed by the officers of the American military. I'm sure plenty love tradition, maybe not quite ff level but still.

The brass itself is simply a bunch of politicians, but I could see a lot of mid-level/upper-mid officers still believing in the system (and that is probably why they won't go much farther than their current rank).

Caudle is a 4-star full admiral though, and he absolutely knows how the system works.

This is him taking an obvious problem, waving his hands about to cast some blame, and then the entire system will move on forward as always.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 11:54 on May 27, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jlosc9/status/1662082215159779329?t=zrxNGKhVLD1AFxjQE60hpA&s=19

No healthcare

OR ELSE

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sitting next to 4 sailors on shore leaave and I cant wait for the Chinese to sink their ship

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ardennes posted:

The brass itself is simply a bunch of politicians, but I could see a lot of mid-level/upper-mid officers still believing in the system (and that is probably why they won't go much farther than their current rank).

Caudle is a 4-star full admiral though, and he absolutely knows how the system works.

This is him taking an obvious problem, waving his hands about to cast some blame, and then the entire system will move on forward as always.

Oh for sure, I just believe in American frosted flake.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Its probably safe to extrapolate this to all nations in the US's sphere of influence

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wonder if they updated this since the 80s

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Where's the al qaeda guy?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

soviet microdistricts are the most useful form of housing that can be turned into fortifications imo :v:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

KomradeX posted:

groverhaus if he was in a volkssturm

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

yellowcar posted:

groverhaus if he was in a volkssturm

Griz
May 21, 2001

building code is 40 pounds per square foot load capacity in residential buildings, sandbags are like 50lb each so putting two layers on the floor will probably break the building

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Danann posted:

soviet microdistricts are the most useful form of housing that can be turned into fortifications imo :v:

Yeah, brutalist concrete towers make for most efficient housing and also fortresses.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Griz posted:

building code is 40 pounds per square foot load capacity in residential buildings, sandbags are like 50lb each so putting two layers on the floor will probably break the building

I'm sure it wont matter once a tank shoots the building or just drives through it

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Griz posted:

Assuming 18" x 30" sandbags I get around 27 psf so it should be just fine, load em up

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Danann posted:

I disagree, I would prefer a Scottish castle

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/05/31/suspected-chinese-spies-posing-as-tourists-discovered-in-alaska/70260712007/

Apparently Chinese tourists are just wandering their wqy onto Military bases. This one might actually involve spies

Weka
May 5, 2019

Imo the best house to defend is a small hut in the deep bush.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Spending months preparing my house with landmines for a 16-room war of attrition against the impending 8 man invasion force just after me

Oh wait, now I get it

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The best use for the house is repeatedly selling it to yourself to drive up the price and taking out loans based on the inflated value. Then use the money to repeat the process and dissolve society so there is no organizing force to oppose you. You’ll have to employ mercenaries to replace some social functions and they may have to fortify random houses. You’ll just have to hope they don’t realize they have no future, regardless of whether or not they die in some wrecked hovel.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
look at cspam, most of us know we have no future and we're not doing anything anyway so i don't think it's an issue

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/defense_news/status/1663663248892215301

ah well time to make more spare parts to make up for losing spare parts

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

why am I working in any industry that isn’t defense

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

poisonpill posted:

Cause you didn't learn how to program a killbot

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

poisonpill posted:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

KomradeX posted:

Cause you didn't learn how to program a killbot

Neither did Lockmart but that hasn't stopped them from selling killbot maintenance contracts.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/defense_news/status/1663663248892215301

ah well time to make more spare parts to make up for losing spare parts

happens to the best of us tbh

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

poisonpill posted:

yeah that's pretty dumb!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The parts were sold off to pay for someone's dacha

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Probably because you aren't a plucky antifascist anarchist

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Why $19.49? Do you have to pay tax and it adds up to 20 bux?

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

Why $19.49? Do you have to pay tax and it adds up to 20 bux?

lol probably you have to pay tax and it adds up to 21.13. It looks cheaper than 19.50 or 20 I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
At first I thought it said 1 million worth of parts and I was like ok, so a box of machine screws or whatever overpriced poo poo got misplaced. But 1 million individual parts? Lmao