Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Guy who's always sniping threads during a meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger posted:

guy who is drinking a cup of coffee during the meeting.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

guy who starts the irl meeting drinking a cup of coffee, and walks out for five minutes in the middle to get another cup

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

guy who starts the irl meeting drinking a cup of coffee, and walks out for five minutes in the middle to get another cup

power move

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
the two guys in a slow, obviously seething contest of one-upmanship over having the cleverest "this is fine" zoom background

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

guy who says the meeting will be a quick call to troubleshoot a bug and it turns into two and a half hours

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
peep who mysteriously wasn’t shitcanned like his far more competent cohort was

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dude(ette) who appears more disheveled every time you meet but always has their camera on

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

guy who looks like leisure suit larry with an advanced male-pattern baldness

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

peep who mysteriously wasn’t shitcanned like his far more competent cohort was

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

dude(ette) who appears more disheveled every time you meet but always has their camera on

so this is how i find out my coworkers post in the pos

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Raluek posted:

I just ignore the update prompt until it gets pushy and forces a restart, ruining my workflow and making me grumpy for the rest of the day

can’t really recommend it

If you piss microsoft off by not restarting your PC for a few days, there's a full-screen modal you get that has like three options on it, and I'm pretty sure that whichever one you pick then it will restart your PC without permission.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

~Coxy posted:

If you piss microsoft off by not restarting your PC for a few days, there's a full-screen modal you get that has like three options on it, and I'm pretty sure that whichever one you pick then it will restart your PC without permission.

never seen this, i habitually delay update reminders for weeks via settings when it asks about hours. some policy on a work machine maybe?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

~Coxy posted:

skill issue

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

it's my personal machine, I'll take a screenshot next time I see it
(and record which button I press for the class action)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

person who says they won’t make a meeting and can it be recorded please, then joins meeting 1 minute before the end anyway and demands a full recap

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

person who says they won’t make a meeting and can it be recorded please, then joins meeting 1 minute before the end anyway and demands a full recap

lol. same person who demands a meeting be recorded then never watches the recording

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

OldAlias posted:

lol. same person who demands a meeting be recorded then never watches the recording

would never be me. nope

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i would never try to operate under the illusion that i might watch a recording of a meeting.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i actually had to review a meeting recording for information once and i was also in the entire meeting

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

i would never try to operate under the illusion that i might watch a recording of a meeting.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

post hole digger posted:

lmao imagine paying attention to a meeting you’re in, let alone watching a recording of one

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

well-read undead posted:

lmao imagine paying attention to a meeting you’re in, let alone watching a recording of one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

well-read undead posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i once got a shout out for my dedication and hard work during a global town hall, which i almost missed because i was playing slay the spire on my other monitor

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

jesus WEP posted:

i once got a shout out for my dedication and hard work during a global town hall, which i almost missed because i was playing slay the spire on my other monitor

you’re doing it right

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
all our trainings have moved from in-person classes to recordings of said classes, and are now becoming recordings of teams calls.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

At my old job I would say a secret word in the middle of a recorded meeting and told anyone who asked about a recording that I’d give them a dollar if they told me what the word was. I did this for about three years and one person actually got a dollar from me. My boss hated this schtick but I hated recording my meetings so it was important to irritate her so she’d see it my way.

Type of peep at meetings: me, see above.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
when the useless contractors finally lost their contact at my last job they dropped like twelve hours of recorded videos on us"for reference" and that's the worst bytes/information ratio I've ever seen in my life aside from mine posts

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who gets really offended if you suggest we should meet over im instead of over webex

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

guy who asks for a recording of your meeting because he’s gonna jack off to it :jackbud:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
guy who, in the middle of an IM conversation, calls me on the phone and explains the same thing we were just discussing all over again as if we weren't just halfway through talking about it five seconds earlier.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
last week i had a meeting of three people and right after the dude directly voice called me to amend his answer to a question that was asked in the meeting (literally would have been maybe a 32-character im if he was being extremely polite)

the only way i would call a person directly after meeting with them for an hour is if it was part of some elaborate saw-style murderdungeon helltrap

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
maybe these people like talking to you

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
guys who asks for a recording of your meeting then earnestly watches the whole thing, takes notes, and asks follow up questions.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

well poo poo, if we're going there:

santa claus
easter bunny

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

guys who asks for a recording of your meeting then earnestly watches the whole thing, takes notes, and asks follow up questions.

This coworker does not exist

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

This coworker does not exist

thank you, cap

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

when the useless contractors finally lost their contact at my last job they dropped like twelve hours of recorded videos on us"for reference" and that's the worst bytes/information ratio I've ever seen in my life aside from mine posts

I had the pleasure of handing over an integration to the support team and they made me run a KT session on MS Teams which they recorded. It basically consists of me clicking through pages of the wiki in ADO and reading them out loud.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Raluek posted:

guy who, in the middle of an IM conversation, calls me on the phone and explains the same thing we were just discussing all over again as if we weren't just halfway through talking about it five seconds earlier.

hello guy who works with my coworkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i discovered auto transcription in chime today which gives me an excuse to pay even less attention