Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bertha the Toaster posted:

You're all doing it wrong, I'm going to download Walsh's lovely film. I'm not going to watch it, but I'm going to download it. Over and over.

If its up for 24 hours, how many TBs of Musk's can I waste in that time?

Thank you - yt-dlp. I couldn't remember what the name of that package was. youtube-dl is no longer working for me (probably thanks to Youtube fuckery).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Advertisers love doing the footwork for the platform they're giving money to

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kazil posted:

lmfao elon stepping in with the daily wire must be what finally made Ella Irwin lose it
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1664422151271899136

https://twitter.com/PDXFato/status/1664422553631457281

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Censorship is BACK baby

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bertha the Toaster posted:

You're all doing it wrong, I'm going to download Walsh's lovely film. I'm not going to watch it, but I'm going to download it. Over and over.

If its up for 24 hours, how many TBs of Musk's can I waste in that time?

Wouldn't your ISP just cache it after the first time?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Over HTTPS which is encrypted? I doubt it. Unless Musk is paying for caching servers, do you think he's doing that?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

https://twitter.com/AriTeman/status/1664406364498558976

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao elon doesn't want to lose his last advertisers, and his new right wing frens just don't get it because all they care about is owning the libs

How tragic :sickos:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol "What's the price for free speech? We'll pay it."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

crucially, ari, the advertiser is choosing those billboards - they don't get spammed out wherever they can by an algorithm that doesn't care if places a brand next to something that might harm the public's perception of it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Please God let this end with Matt Walsh eating a ban for disagreeing with Birdsite Godlord after he goes full ragebaby because his lovely hate film isn't forced upon everyone on a lovely website :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

kazil posted:

lol "What's the price for free speech? We'll pay it."
well, supposedly twitter has ~$1bn in debt servicing per year, and using the high estimate of 444,435 twitter subscribers the price of freedom is about $187 a month.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Please God let this end with Matt Walsh eating a ban for disagreeing with Birdsite Godlord after he goes apeshit because his lovely hate film isn't forced upon everyone on a lovely website :allears:

Someone needs to show Musk that video of Walsh in his car parked next to a playground where he talks about how the genetically perfect child-conceiving union is between a 16 year old girl and a 25 year old man like they did in the middle ages and see what one-word reply that nets out of him.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Ghostlight posted:

well, supposedly twitter has ~$1bn in debt servicing per year, and using the high estimate of 444,435 twitter subscribers the price of freedom is about $187 a month.
That's only debt servicing, it doesn't include the cost of keeping the servers running and the coders coding, which would easily run another billion? Two billion?

Basically, lol. And lmao.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The blue checks are revolting (and also they're really mad at musk), so he has to make sure they know he is still a hateful piece of poo poo
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664442091798159361

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I sure hope Elon's run all these decisions by his new CEO first, wouldn't want him to get in trouble or anything

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/1664400899488493568

Hmm why does this sound familiar

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1616590989145313283

lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

I sure hope Elon's run all these decisions by his new CEO first, wouldn't want him to get in trouble or anything

Has there been any indication that she's actually taken over Twitter yet, because it still seems like Elokg is still running things.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

kw0134 posted:

That's only debt servicing, it doesn't include the cost of keeping the servers running and the coders coding, which would easily run another billion? Two billion?

Basically, lol. And lmao.
yeah, and most subscriber estimates are closer to half that :cheerdoge:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Chuds losing their poo poo about this

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1664436614213562368

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1664440042662809600

https://twitter.com/HockeyLearning/status/1664439996244193281

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how does birdmovie uploading work? do you have to prep uploads? or did people really just drag and drop the best rips of the mario movie or other new release?

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Twitter’s CDN edge will cache it but it still costs them money

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone needs to show Musk that video of Walsh in his car parked next to a playground where he talks about how the genetically perfect child-conceiving union is between a 16 year old girl and a 25 year old man like they did in the middle ages and see what one-word reply that nets out of him.

I was going to say, didn't this guy out himself as a pedo? That's usually the end.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Animal-Mother posted:

I was going to say, didn't this guy out himself as a pedo? That's usually the end.

He was Josh Duggar's best friend and went to bat for him about how unfairly he was treated after he was convicted of being a serial child molester. You do the math on that one.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I love how Elon thought he could hang with the chud crowd when he was always bound to be eaten alive by them

You can't be a single issue chud these days, no matter how much it stings his tiny walnut heart that GROOOOIMES and his child betrayed him on the altar of gender flexibility, you can only get so far by bashing on trans folks alone

He advocates electric cars, which chuds hate. He wants an all in one platform for the world to use, but advertisers and anyone whose brains aren't entirely ruined don't want to use his cat blending streaming service anymore. He wants to be a political mover and shaker but anyone who gets near him becomes a laughing stock to the point Trump and Desantis knows he's a poison pill. The man is the definition of opening his mouth and removing all doubt. It's incredible just how much he owns himself, day after day, until he's less of a corncob and more of just a lovely withered kernel.

I quite honestly think the ball is rolling and can't be stopped now - his beloved Catturd hates him, a ton of influential right wing personalities are openly breaking down every time he tries to course correct his rhetoric to scrape back his investment as it spirals down the drain, and, well, we're having a great time watching it all happen.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

How long till being rightly called a "pedo" to them is same as being called a racist. I guess now? Im sure theres alot of guys on twitter right now who do nothing but tweet very strong opinions on the subject

.random
May 7, 2007

Internet Old One posted:

Twitter’s CDN edge will cache it but it still costs them money

You might be able to cache bust by appending a query parameter to the URL like ?v=123, ?v=124, … for each request, buuuut it depends on the CDN and it probably won’t work so ignore me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if I see elon on tha street ima slap that bitch

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Renreeja posted:

How long till being rightly called a "pedo" to them is same as being called a racist. I guess now? Im sure theres alot of guys on twitter right now who do nothing but tweet very strong opinions on the subject

This is why they're working overtime to make "groomer" a thing and a smear against LGBTQ+ people; it's a pre-emptive smoke screen to cover up how many chuds turn out to be pedos.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinatown posted:

if I see elon on tha street ima slap that bitch

He’s honestly not doing too bad for a guy who died of congestive heart failure in 2019. :shrug:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nine-gear crow posted:

Has there been any indication that she's actually taken over Twitter yet, because it still seems like Elokg is still running things.

3 weeks ago, he said she'd take over in about 6 weeks

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
loving LOL. “Please love me!!!”

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664447257419083777?s=20

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

3 weeks ago, he said she'd take over in about 6 weeks

So Eklon still has about three weeks left to grease up the glass cliff for her. Got it.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Totally clear, concise and sensible tweet as usual, sir

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's weird how much these people want to believe they are oppressed.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

watching matt walsh for 95 minutes and thinking you're owning anyone but yourself.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

He’s honestly not doing too bad for a guy who died of congestive heart failure in 2019. :shrug:

open hand, full wind up, and follow through

:haibrower:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm hearing people say it's due to bills or a broken system, but I'm betting the translation engine is actually turned off because pride month just started and he got orders from overseas

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Murdstone posted:

It's weird how much these people want to believe they are oppressed.

They believe "oppressed" people have it sooooooo easy

Just be black/gay/trans/female/poor/etc! You'll have the world handed to you on a silver platter! And if anyone objects you can just shriek and say you're being oppressed and the world will grovel even more!!

Sounds like heaven!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
dril-victory-wine-tweet.png