Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

can you post your list please

### OverHealing!!
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 2x (1) Fan Club
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Funnel Cake
# 2x (1) Idol's Adoration
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Dreamboat
# 2x (2) Mana Geode
# 2x (2) Shadow Ascendant
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Heartthrob
# 2x (3) Holy Nova
# 2x (3) Sunfury Clergy
# 1x (4) Ambient Lightspawn
# 2x (4) Cannibalize
# 1x (4) Fight Over Me
# 1x (4) Heartbreaker Hedanis
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
#
AAECAZCaBgbipAW/xAXIxgXMxgX0yAWr+gUMougDhJ8Ey6AEhoMFn6QF4KQFucQFx8cFoukFguwF+/gFyPoFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I’m still only in plat; but I really, really like the new paladin weapon in pure paladin. I cut the 2x Garden’s grace and 2x 3/3 buff and added 2x horn, 2x 3 attack + lifesteal spell. Being able to burst for up to 34 damage without any minions on the board is so loving ridiculous when it’s in an already strong pure paladin package

Edit: I’m so loving tempted to cut order in the court and put something else in, maybe 1x garden or the 3/3 divine shield buff. Now with the weapon you often want to fish for your low cost weapon buffs late in the game so order becomes a bad option.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 2, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think people are kind of sleeping on the new Hunter secret. 2 mana summon a random 3 drop isn’t great but 2 mana at the start of your next turn summon a random 3 drop and give it charge changes things

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
drat, Totem Shaman is a lot of laughs. I didn’t have too much luck with the previous version but the one floating around after the miniset is just…absolutely wonderful.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Shockeh posted:

Who in the possible loving gently caress thought ‘Let’s give DK Rush/Lifesteal/Cleave, it’s just not enough of a health slog already’

yea it's annoying as poo poo. you can tell some devs just have a constant hardon for dk / control bs and are thinking let's keep finding new ways to extend the games - let's see if we can make them last an hour!

between renethal, fizzle, plus all the other removal / lifesteal / lifegain random rear end card generation they have, it really is the worst.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The first time that I ended up seeing Elite Tauren Champion, my opponent played it against me from an empty hand on turn six and then immediately exploded it into their own face on turn seven. I'm sure there's something you can do with him that is interesting but probably gonna hold off on that craft for a while.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

The first time that I ended up seeing Elite Tauren Champion, my opponent played it against me from an empty hand on turn six and then immediately exploded it into their own face on turn seven. I'm sure there's something you can do with him that is interesting but probably gonna hold off on that craft for a while.

This miniset is definitely not a full purchase for me, mainly because the one epic card and 3 of the 4 legendaries seem pretty underwhelming. Granted, the last legendary (Magatha) is absolutely nuts good, but for the most part it’s just strong commons and rares that I’ll get from festival packs anyway

Ol' Limber Legs
Nov 20, 2002

PLEASE KILL ME NOW

The Lord Bude posted:

I’m still only in plat; but I really, really like the new paladin weapon in pure paladin. I cut the 2x Garden’s grace and 2x 3/3 buff and added 2x horn, 2x 3 attack + lifesteal spell. Being able to burst for up to 34 damage without any minions on the board is so loving ridiculous when it’s in an already strong pure paladin package

Edit: I’m so loving tempted to cut order in the court and put something else in, maybe 1x garden or the 3/3 divine shield buff. Now with the weapon you often want to fish for your low cost weapon buffs late in the game so order becomes a bad option.

Also only at platinum but I’ve been having fun/getting wins with your concept. I don’t play enough to really compare its success to “regular” pure paladin but it’s different enough that it’s not feeling stale to me after playing pure paladin all last month.

List:

### Puure! 2
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Feast and Famine
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
# 1x (5) The Purator
# 2x (6) Horn of the Windlord
# 1x (7) Anachronos
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) Lightray
# 1x (10) The Garden's Grace
#
AAECAZ8FBtq9BIbiBKHiBK+TBYSWBYWlBQzJoATi0wSA4gS/4gTy7QSrkwWBlgWNlgXAxAXBxAX26AW1ngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Ol' Limber Legs posted:

Also only at platinum but I’ve been having fun/getting wins with your concept. I don’t play enough to really compare its success to “regular” pure paladin but it’s different enough that it’s not feeling stale to me after playing pure paladin all last month.

List:

### Puure! 2
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Feast and Famine
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
# 1x (5) The Purator
# 2x (6) Horn of the Windlord
# 1x (7) Anachronos
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) Lightray
# 1x (10) The Garden's Grace
#
AAECAZ8FBtq9BIbiBKHiBK+TBYSWBYWlBQzJoATi0wSA4gS/4gTy7QSrkwWBlgWNlgXAxAXBxAX26AW1ngYAAA==
#

Glad to see it! I still don’t know what I want for that last card. Order in the court is occasionally good. Garden’s grace I think is bad without more holy spells to reduce cost. The totem is decent.

Nothing else really stands out to me.

The deck took me all the way from bronze 10 to diamond 5 with maybe 3-4 losses but it’s definitely more of a slog now.

People definitely don’t expect me to be able to pull up to 40 extra damage straight out of my rear end for an OTK and I imagine I made a few of them poo poo themselves.

It’s insane to me that they decided to give ‘better doomhammer’ to a class with multiple cheap weapon buffs and also give it a nifty big minion removal feature that addresses a weak spot of pure paladin. The deck was already decent.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 4, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

6 of my 7 games this morning were against Hunters playing the exact. same. deck.

love the matchmaking system

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Really, Blizzard?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

They've been doing that for a while

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Color Printer posted:

They've been doing that for a while

Well, first time I've ever seen it.
And now I got an offer for a bronze package.
Feeling so special ❤

I bet plat or diamond will be where the REAL value's at.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 5, 2023

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

For some reason, it doesn't always do it (I think?????), is the thing. Marketing shmarketing psychological nonsense, I'm guessing. :shrug:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Well, first time I've ever seen it.
And now I got an offer for a bronze package.
Feeling so special ❤

I bet plat or diamond will be where the REAL value's at.

ehh at plat+ it offers you Golden packs and random golden legendaries in the package

not really good value unless you're going to whale out for goldens

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah the better deals are in the lower tier offerings (that are given to basically everyone) the others are just progressively more 'whaley'. I don't think any of them really beat the fairly regularly offered 20 standard or current set packs and 2 legendaries for ~20bucks deal that floats in and out of the store

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

How the gently caress are you even supposed to counter blood DK now that they have a million lifesteal effects? This is worse than before they nerfed discover.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Lord Bude posted:

How the gently caress are you even supposed to counter blood DK now that they have a million lifesteal effects? This is worse than before they nerfed discover.

Its ridiculous but it feels like you either beat them by turn 5 or you lose. Past that, gnome muncher comes out and/or the banshee thing that summons more minions.

Obviously you've got life steal before that and arcanite ripper and blood tap but turn 6 feels like around where you're just hitting them for as much as they're healing every round.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

It's still early in the miniset so maybe the meta will shake out differently, but I'm seeing a pattern emerge where Paladin, Hunter, Demon Hunter and Death Knights all now essentially have a "do over" mechanic where they can nullify the first 6 turns of play - meaning that if you've invested any resources in the board up to that point, you have effectively wasted them and your opponent is massively ahead.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Blood beats decks that just want to play a normal game of Hearthstone by building a board and riding it. It loses to decks that can kill it quickly (Undead Priest), decks that outpace its removal tools (Big Demon Hunter, Big Druid), decks that can one-shot it (Enrage Warrior, S’theno decks), and decks that can outvalue it (currently only Control Priest).

I don’t think it’s really overpowered or anything, but it’s certainly infuriating to play against as someone who likes normal games of Hearthstone.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Reminds me a lot of Druid Ultimate Infestation decks along with the “Summon 1/5 Taunts for every enemy minion” spell. going wide against Blood DK is gonna get punished, but then Patchwerk can also come down and remove your big threat too. Not great!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Excelzior posted:

I want to find a way to Holy Wrath this sucker into the opponents face for an OTK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5Kx8BxcMc

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hollow Hound feels like a mistake.

Also I'm sure it makes sense that Anachronos wipes out the deathrattles on Nellie's but I didn't expect it.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 6, 2023

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hollow Hound feels like a mistake.
They seem to be very resistant to accounting that keywords are multiplicative in power - Rush might be worth 0.5 Mana, Cleave might be worth 0.5 Mana, but Rush & Cleave together is 2.0 Mana.

Having three complimentary keywords together? Huge.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Finally got enough cards to build a decent frost DK deck and I am now part of the problem. :toot:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Pure Paladin is busted and I love it because doing Doomhammer math is fun :thumbsup:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm actually considering getting out of the Pure package primarily so I can run Instrument Techs. I feel like the Pure package is mostly geared towards value and Horn enables you to just go balls to the wall aggro?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm actually considering getting out of the Pure package primarily so I can run Instrument Techs. I feel like the Pure package is mostly geared towards value and Horn enables you to just go balls to the wall aggro?

That's an interesting idea. Losing Class Action Lawyer would be tough though since it's the only way to answer an early must-remove minion. Maybe that makes Dance Floor necessary.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Interested to see the results. Countess and class action lawyer are so good though. Actually I think it’s the latter I’d miss more.

Actually it would be interesting to see the horn in a mech pally deck.

Edit: Pureator as well - that combination of taunt and draw is amazing. That would be a big loss.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 7, 2023

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I tried just swapping some cards out for the Techs in the usual Pure Pally list and that didn't go so well. Then I tried them in Mech Pally and they feel like a better fit, though I'm still not that sure how much the Techs actually help the deck. Would have to play more games to see probably.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’m happy retaining the pure package; but I’ve decided that the final card (replacing order in the court) should be leviathan. Getting to pull your final combo pieces from both the front and back of your deck is really good.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

If they really wanted to capture the Diablo experience for this Tavern Brawl, you should only get a single common card for beating it but there should be a chance of getting a Standard Pack. And you should be able to replay the brawl any number of times for the same reward.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

9 of my last 10 standard matches have been against DKs, jesus loving christ. Really over Blood at this point.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 8, 2023

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Had anyone been able to get the Fel/Shadow/Unholy event quest to advance? I played Fel spells and unholy runes, nothing doing.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

If they really wanted to capture the Diablo experience for this Tavern Brawl, you should only get a single common card for beating it but there should be a chance of getting a Standard Pack. And you should be able to replay the brawl any number of times for the same reward.

Thief priest is fun for this brawl. Steal all his baloney cards

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just Mechathun and skip all of phase 2

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Steamcleaner is also good for phase 2.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

fanny packrat posted:

Had anyone been able to get the Fel/Shadow/Unholy event quest to advance? I played Fel spells and unholy runes, nothing doing.

I went so far as to play Necrotic Mortician to guarantee the spells were "Unholy Rune" cause I thought I was missing something? But no seems broken. This is my deck, it should work? But nope.

### Custom Death Knight
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 2x (1) Plagued Grain
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Dark Transformation
# 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
# 2x (2) Plague Strike
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 1x (3) Photographer Fizzle
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Blightfang
# 2x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
# 2x (4) Tomb Guardians
# 2x (5) Army of the Dead
# 1x (8) Lord Marrowgar
# 2x (9) Stitched Giant
#
AAEBAfHhBAiPzgPlsATHsgSW1AT47ATipAXNpQWs0QUL+Afw4wT/4wSN5ASQ5ASS5ATT8QTV8QSH9gSy9wSYgQUAAA==
#

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is there a record for most gold achieved in BGs

because uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I had a max of 31 gold and was playing on phone and still had 17 leftover by the end of the recruit phase. AP(irate)M is not possible to full extent on mobile lol