Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

UHD posted:

i'm like 80% sure, apart from some datamining i haven't bothered to look for, that charlotte will be a catalyst

There was a cut scene that zoomed to a book at her waist so this checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

leaks are suggesting charlotte is actually a catalyst tho

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Lobsterpillar posted:

There was a cut scene that zoomed to a book at her waist so this checks out

that's what clued me in. won't know until she's official tho.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So C0 Mona or a C2 Xingqiu for a hyperbloom team?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mona so you can use xq with xiangling

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

So C0 Mona or a C2 Xingqiu for a hyperbloom team?

The meta is nahida + xingqiu + shinobu

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it's epic that paimon and itto share a birthday

which is apparently right now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

it's epic that paimon and itto share a birthday

which is apparently right now

Yeah, it's great. The two biggest idiots in the entire game, forever connected

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's just two cryo heralds and a hydro herald. How bad could it be?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

It's just two cryo heralds and a hydro herald. How bad could it be?

haha.

One of the things I never learn is every time I build a cool new team, I get excited to take them to floor 12 just to see them hard countered by element checks or boss gimmicks.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

That is some weird rear end team building comp too. I don't know what would be good against both of those shields. Hydro counter is cryo, cryo is pyro, there's no good melt team...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

That is some weird rear end team building comp too. I don't know what would be good against both of those shields. Hydro counter is cryo, cryo is pyro, there's no good melt team...

I took the 2 team solution. I had to swirl pyro to get the cryos down in any reasonable timeframe, bennett+xiangling just werent doing it.

Shout out to solo* al haitham chasing the thunder manifestion around for two and a half minutes.

(nahida C3R1, cyno C2R1)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 1, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And Paimon's bargain pulls get me...

...Sayu is a playable character?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

delfin posted:

Yes. Most people own Jean and Jean is mostly a little better so Sayu doesnt see that much usage in abyss but there's nothing wrong with her kit (4Venerer, full atk build). For overworld she's amazing I use her every day. Hold E to start rolling and even if you release you keep rolling.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

delfin posted:

She's one of my favorites - super super cute, and super fun to roll around as.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Early on you could also infuse Sayu with cryo and roll over water while freezing it but they patched that out. :mad:

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

delfin posted:

Sayu is a great pull, congrats! Huge QoL upgrade for overworld/traversal stuff not just with the rolling but also carrying claymore for rock breaking etc. Plus I end up using the burst surprisingly often for healing in a pinch.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

Early on you could also infuse Sayu with cryo and roll over water while freezing it but they patched that out. :mad:
Can you not anymore? There was a minigame focused around that a year ago or so.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

I just tried it by running over a cryo slime and then zipping over a lake and it still works

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I thought they got rid of that or at least made it so clunky and useless that they may as well have. Huh.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

free Trapt CD posted:

Sayu is a great pull, congrats! Huge QoL upgrade for overworld/traversal stuff not just with the rolling but also carrying claymore for rock breaking etc. Plus I end up using the burst surprisingly often for healing in a pinch.

Sayu's roll and Kirara's box, alternated, are indeed a godsend for overland fast travel.

Today's project: the Golden Wolflord for Yue Jin. I've at least located him and have access to the island.

EDIT: Trip report: Attempt #2 worked. Albedo isn't all that effective at busting geo skulls but he got the job done eventually.

delfin fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 1, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

I thought they got rid of that or at least made it so clunky and useless that they may as well have. Huh.

it sometimes gets stuck

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

you do kinda hitch a bit every so often as you roll along the lake but you can and do still move forward. unless it glitches I guess.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kft9wENbMTE

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

drat man Does Kirara join the all time 4 star greats club with fish?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
you cannot tempt me from Kazuha and Al with your siren meow!

(i threw one pull since i had a guarantee for 4* and got a chong con, seems like a sign to not bother to me)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Dropped all the pulls into the Yoi banner and failed to get the catbox yet again, so genshin impact is a bad game, actually <:(>

I did get a Yun Jin con and a rust copy to bring one to R5, tho, so I'm taking this as an omen to stop pulling before something (un)fortunate happens. No Yoi for me, thanks. Maybe next time...

delfin posted:

Sayu's roll and Kirara's box, alternated, are indeed a godsend for overland fast travel.

Today's project: the Golden Wolflord for Yue Jin. I've at least located him and have access to the island.

EDIT: Trip report: Attempt #2 worked. Albedo isn't all that effective at busting geo skulls but he got the job done eventually.

If you can avoid having her get merked in a single hit, Yun Jin herself is pretty good at the wolf skulls. One fully charged skill can one-shot them

Cat Plus Plus
Apr 8, 2011

:frogc00l:
I was going to save after dumping last of gems into Baizhu last month and only getting Keqing, but I figured might as well use the 5 stardust ones now and see what happens.

4th: Yae
5th: Kirara

:shepface:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
My plan was to use my newly acquired kirara but two runs of 12-1 made me bring out zhongli for the first time this year.

I'll probably bring something else bot next clear. Maybe its time for 1.X team of hu tao + chongyun to see some play again.

Kale
May 14, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

She's one of my favorites - super super cute, and super fun to roll around as.

Hayate no Gotoku~

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
What kinds of builds are we using on Kirara? At the moment, I'm using 2p Tenacity and Vourukasha for HP for shielding, and am testing out Sapwood Blade now that I finally figured out how to get its blueprint.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i don't know if it's optimal but i loaded up my kirara with EM (2x Wanderer's and 2x Gilded, Xiphos’ Moonlight) because i'm using her as an onfield bloommaker in nilou's team. i have no idea if that's good and correct but it sure is entertaining.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

No Wave posted:

Can you not anymore? There was a minigame focused around that a year ago or so.

I think it freezes slower than Sayu can roll so it's not quite as fast as it could be. If I remember right they also used Ayaka or Mona in that mini game?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lobsterpillar posted:

I think it freezes slower than Sayu can roll so it's not quite as fast as it could be. If I remember right they also used Ayaka or Mona in that mini game?

It was both for sure. One version had ayaka and the other had sayu

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah for Sayu's version there were cryo slimes sitting around for her to start her infusion off of.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yeah these Zero Hour Invokation characters were still pretty easy to predict even with them hiding behind those fake stage names based on personality types alone. Like who else is going to show up in the duels besides those characters when you factor in who doesn't have speaking lines in the event story. The sudden switch to actual dice rolls instead of just fixed omni dice making it more of a free for all but even match that they did with Ayaka and Collei was most unwelcome though. Lot of salt out there for the Ayaka match in general.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kale posted:

Yeah these Zero Hour Invokation characters were still pretty easy to predict even with them hiding behind those fake stage names based on personality types alone. Like who else is going to show up in the duels besides those characters when you factor in who doesn't have speaking lines in the event story. The sudden switch to actual dice rolls instead of just fixed omni dice making it more of a free for all but even match that they did with Ayaka and Collei was most unwelcome though. Lot of salt out there for the Ayaka match in general.

The omni dice solved the worse part of the game, I don't know why they took it away. It's so bad. The mana screw is so frustrating when you run decks with all the fixing, never mind the random crap they force you to take. It sucks.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

think if the game used d6's instead of d8's the mana screw wouldn't be so bad. but then which elements do you cut.

i dunno. the one-offs where you use someone else's deck or a random draw don't bother me as much. it's a challenge i can't just swirl away - the itto deck match was actually kind of fun. but i also understand why someone wouldn't like it. wouldn't try to convince anyone otherwise.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
I'm fairly impressed that Mihoyo went through the effort of making an actual in-game model of a wheelchair for an NPC in Yoi's story quest. That's attention to detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Boat Stuck posted:

I'm fairly impressed that Mihoyo went through the effort of making an actual in-game model of a wheelchair for an NPC in Yoi's story quest. That's attention to detail.

How far we've come from the days of characters reacting to wolves off-screen