Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The end of Boogie Nights when Dirk Diggler unzips his pants.

“I’m the Thing, I’m the Thing, I’m the Thing”

Nacho Vigalondo's V/H/S short Parallel Monsters is pretty much this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Vin Diesel won as the Rock has announced he's doing another FF spin off movie that will be set around the same time as Fast X and set up Fast X-2. Presumably the movie where the Family become idols.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like Vin Diesel won as the Rock has announced he's doing another FF spin off movie that will be set around the same time as Fast X and set up Fast X-2. Presumably the movie where the Family become idols.

Sailor Stars but with drift racing

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Sailor Stars but with drift racing

..... Go on

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Spoiler for Fast X The Rock showed up in a post-credits scene. Also Gisele (Gal Gadot) appeared in a different post-credits scene, still alive and on a submarine

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ruddiger posted:

I'm surprised he hasn't done a soundtrack to a video game yet, he probably looked into it, saw the amount of work required, and was like "lol nah"

In a recent interview he said he'd love to do it but no one asked.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Robot Style posted:

Advertised as a Starman sequel, actually a The Thing sequel.

Xtro 4: Watch the Things

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Black Adam such a flop that Dwayne gotta do this

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

"I'm back...to be a cop or bounty hunter or whatever the hell I was. But this time I got my own family."

*The Thing pops up while Cisco sings Thing-Thing-Thing*

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MonsieurChoc posted:

In a recent interview he said he'd love to do it but no one asked.

my lovely rpgmaker game is about to level the gently caress up

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

dr_rat posted:

Always love it when you can very viably see an actor go between wearing a wig and not in a scene because of obvious re-shoots.

My favorite version of this is Kate Mara in Fantastic Four because they didn't even try to get it to match and they aren't small shots.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

My favorite version of this is Kate Mara in Fantastic Four because they didn't even try to get it to match and they aren't small shots.

Ben Affleck in Justice League is good too. His hair completely changes from shot to shot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Shockingly also in Samurai Cop

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

Shockingly also in Samurai Cop

Hell, in Samurai Cop the wig visibly comes off in the final fight scene.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Samurai Cop isn't because they were doing reshoots, the lead just got a haircut halfway through production and it never occurred to him that he probably shouldn't do that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

Samurai Cop isn't because they were doing reshoots, the lead just got a haircut halfway through production and it never occurred to him that he probably shouldn't do that.

The lead didn't know they hadn't finished filming because they'd stop shooting for months and he hadn't heard anything from the producer director about any more shooting being intended. It was perfectly reasonable to just assumed they'd finished.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

dr_rat posted:

The lead didn't know they hadn't finished filming because they'd stop shooting for months and he hadn't heard anything from the producer director about any more shooting being intended. It was perfectly reasonable to just assumed they'd finished.

This is way funnier.

Codependent Poster posted:

Ben Affleck in Justice League is good too. His hair completely changes from shot to shot.

He also gains weight between shots. Weirdly, you can see the same thing happen to Sam Shepard in Black Hawk Down.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

This is a TV show, but its worth posting.

https://twitter.com/yugiohtas/status/1665021334311653379

I think using a body double would've worked better even if he didn't really look like the actor lol.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Sounds like they have a score to settle

Through children’s card games

Zechariah
Mar 20, 2020

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night

Chairman Capone posted:

Peter Watts did a story called "The Things" which was a retelling of the movie from the Thing's POV, which is it being confused that the weird aliens hunting it are rejecting its blessing of joining the collective consciousness of absorption and trying its best to save them from their isolation.

It's fine but he should have leaned into the fact that The Thing is specifically NOT a hivemind but a libertarian collective with fragile instinctually aligned values. Every little part of it is in it for itself, the greater good be damned. Two separate Things would rather the other burn than be caught themselves, their fingers don't trust each other, and the left leg voting block keeps complaining about roads.

Entire rest of the body: "Don't you do it! Don't you rat us out you little shits! The rest of the blood cells kicked you out because they knew how much you suck!"

Blood: "gently caress you, gently caress you all."

Watts loses a letter grade for not reading the assignment properly.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

does anyone in the movie use the word "rape" to describe what the thing does to people? because I thought that use of that specific term in the short story (which the humans use and the thing then adopts) was pretty sus

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Zechariah posted:

It's fine but he should have leaned into the fact that The Thing is specifically NOT a hivemind but a libertarian collective with fragile instinctually aligned values. Every little part of it is in it for itself, the greater good be damned. Two separate Things would rather the other burn than be caught themselves, their fingers don't trust each other, and the left leg voting block keeps complaining about roads.

Entire rest of the body: "Don't you do it! Don't you rat us out you little shits! The rest of the blood cells kicked you out because they knew how much you suck!"

Blood: "gently caress you, gently caress you all."

Watts loses a letter grade for not reading the assignment properly.

I think that The Thing is possibly a non-sapient mindless creature unless its a imitating a sapient creature and even then it isn't really self-aware, but just a P-Zombie with a directive to survive and infect others. Although it could also be self-aware though because it knows how to build a UFO. Heck the people its imitating might not even be aware that they are The Thing except when its instincts take over. When its just blood, its not able to respond intelligently.

I think its far more interesting and scary if the audience isn't made aware how it operates. It could be an animal acting on instinct or a malicious being that knows exactly what it is doing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I think that The Thing is possibly a non-sapient mindless creature unless its a imitating a sapient creature and even then it isn't really self-aware, but just a P-Zombie with a directive to survive and infect others. Although it could also be self-aware though because it knows how to build a UFO. Heck the people its imitating might not even be aware that they are The Thing except when its instincts take over. When its just blood, its not able to respond intelligently.

I think its far more interesting and scary if the audience isn't made aware how it operates. It could be an animal acting on instinct or a malicious being that knows exactly what it is doing.

We are shown, multiple times, that the Thing possess an intelligence. It knows when to ambush targets of opportunity like Bennings or the dogs; it recognizes MacReady's growing influence over the group and schemes to convince others that MacReady is a Thing and eliminate him, which it almost pulls off; it makes arrangements to separate and ambush the others by loving with the power, cutting the guide ropes, etc. ; and the Blair Thing is clearly building an escape craft so it can leave Antarctica before things get bad.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Do the Right Thing

turns out we were just really racist about loving aliens

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Thing and I: The king of Siam is a Thing and needs a confident and self reliant British woman to teach it English. It does this by eating her.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The Thing Ring: A group of teenage aliens break into the homes of Paris Hilton, Rachel Bilson and Lindsay Lohan (and eat them)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shouldnt it be the other way around

Would certainly explain Lindsay Lohan being

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

The Thing Ring: A group of teenage aliens break into the homes of Paris Hilton, Rachel Bilson and Lindsay Lohan (and eat them)

It then tried to eat a random teenager but that teenager is Ben Grimm and he transforms into a rock monster which the Thing cannot assimilate.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Gotta leave narrative space for sequels and spinoffs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The thang

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Gotta leave narrative space for sequels and spinoffs

Every piece of The Thing is alive, and gets a spinoff.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I am excited to watch another trrrible Thing sequel

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'm tired of all these motherfucking Things! On my motherfucking UFO!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Professor Shark posted:

I am excited to watch another trrrible Thing sequel

Isn't it the first sequel that isn't a comic book or video game?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Len posted:

Isn't it the first sequel that isn't a comic book or video game?

Interesting! Let’s go talk about this more in the supply room!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Do the Right Thing

turns out we were just really racist about loving aliens

Sounds like Brother From Another Planet.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The thong

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Final Fantasy VII's villain is pretty much The Thing.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ten Things I Hate About You

It's basically The Taming of the Shrew, but with alien assimilation thrown in for some spice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shageletic posted:

I'm tired of all these motherfucking Things! On my motherfucking UFO!

Imagining some beaked many-legged bug alien saying this.