Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I had loving tickets to a RATM with Run the Jewels opening for them, and then loving COVID happened. I'm still angry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Air Skwirl posted:

The terrible part of me suspects the 29 year old woman deciding to have a baby with her 83 year old rich and famous boyfriend is doing it as a cynical ploy to ensure financial security for herself after he passes. Also a TMZ article claims Pacino wanted a DNA test because he believed himself infertile at his age, so I don't think having a child was a conscious decision on his part. But this is all speculation based on tabloid articles so I also don't really want to dwell on it.

The last known daughter of a U.S. Civil War veteran died in 2020.

She had had a pension of seventy‐three dollars and thirteen cents per month.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Jun 2, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Years ago I got a photo book of National Enquirer photos and there was a photo of Anna Nicole Smith and that old rich dude she married and then there was a bunch of lawsuits about the inheritance when he died and my mom (who's still married to my dad and just 11 months younger) just looked at me and said "she deserves every penny."

I also used to feel a bit bad for Melania Trump (not anymore because she's a terrible person) just because Donald is still alive. She had to have watched him eat once and said to herself "yeah, I could do this for five years," but instead it's been decades.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Philippe posted:

Let's not do age gap discourse, kay?

Got it. Just thigh-gap discourse then.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Got it. Just thigh-gap discourse then.

The only discourse I wanna read is about vagina bones

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Who do you think the delivery fee goes to?

When we did it, mostly to kill time not to live thank god, some small % worse than a Pizza Hut or whatever goes to you, not enough to cover mileage, and you rely on a tip. The delivery fee is for the company.

Compared to getting generous mileage delivering for a “real” company that really employed me and paid real mileage that made me a slight profit to at least cover wear on the vehicle- if you want to order gig economy delivery ethically, tip the driver a bit more than you would from a place that employs its own delivery folks

E: also when you’re employed directly by the restaurant you get an hourly wage and assorted small benefits like snagging leftover food for free. Might be lovely, but it’s better than -profit on your ride and relying solely on tips

Places that deliver in my area have their own drivers for the most part, even those on Just Eat.

The delivery fee is set by the restaurant and if you're ordering through Just Eat, there's a separate service charge that the app gets.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Is Twitter going to demonitize this account or is this more weird "shadowbanning" conspiracy stuff?

Does anyone have any like solid information with evidence that saying "pedophile" will actually have weird consequences?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Afaik all of this self censorship is just trying to read the tea leaves of the algorithm with nothing to back its efficacy. People think they don't get enough exposure compared to what they deserve, so it must be because they are secretly being punished, and they are punished because of... Bad words, i guess? When in reality it's just arbitrary if content succeeds or fails.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

credburn posted:

Is Twitter going to demonitize this account or is this more weird "shadowbanning" conspiracy stuff?

Does anyone have any like solid information with evidence that saying "pedophile" will actually have weird consequences?

It's all just superstition as far as I know. The Algorithm is inscrutable and people will believe anything rather than acknowledge that whether they actually get success and attention is down to pure luck.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Secretly the Twitter account that gets the most exposure is a sweet old lady's knitting log which has never contained a controversial word or phrase ever.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

credburn posted:

Secretly the Twitter account that gets the most exposure is a sweet old lady's knitting log which has never contained a controversial word or phrase ever.

Actually she got her account suspended recently because she wouldn't stop using the word 'darn'

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

I had loving tickets to a RATM with Run the Jewels opening for them, and then loving COVID happened. I'm still angry about that.

Were you not able to hold onto them? They wound up going on that tour last year and my tickets I bought in February 2020 were good for it. Of course if you’re in Europe you were SOL because Zack hosed up his leg on night two and they canceled that run after he had spent the whole American tour sitting down on stage.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

People also censor words to help stop getting brigaded by idiots who search for particular keywords.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Spoilers for Tears of the Kingdom:
https://twitter.com/TheFlinkening/status/1664339240925134848?s=20

Most sane Gamer on Youtube

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Al Pacino and his whole great-grandpa/dad thing has shown me that fellow younger woman impregnantor Robert DeNiro has an autistic son and that turned him into an anti-vaxer.

edit:

someone tell the incels who draw anime that real women with huge boobs don't generally walk around with their arms tucked underneath their breasts

Scratch Monkey has a new favorite as of 15:28 on Jun 2, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008

credburn posted:

Twitter? The site owned by Elon Musk, who accused a man of being a pedophile because Elon was butthurt about the other man receiving praise for rescuing 20-some stranded children? That site?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Scratch Monkey posted:

someone tell the incels who draw anime that real women with huge boobs don't generally walk around with their arms tucked underneath their breasts

Robert Jordan lied to me?

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

bro just put on sunscreen and wear a hat

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Robert Jordan lied to me?

Very few women tug their braid.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Philippe posted:

Very few women tug their braid.

Skirt smoothing though is 100% real

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Eren Yeager pfp ties it all together.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

It's not a new insight but it's very clear a lot of white supremacists want to feel like the special boy by virtue of existing and not because they've ever actually done anything worth a god drat

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1664436181239488518?t=3LRLcRu8LXvq1aML-fa4hw&s=19

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Actually she got her account suspended recently because she wouldn't stop using the word 'darn'

The patchy moderation on Twitter is really fraying my nerves.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/siancain/status/1664087821009973248

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It's not a new insight but it's very clear a lot of white supremacists want to feel like the special boy by virtue of existing and not because they've ever actually done anything worth a god drat

hell, same

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I had to look up who that was, and after doing so im still not entirely sure. Shes an influencer?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Roblo posted:

I had to look up who that was, and after doing so im still not entirely sure. Shes an influencer?

Influencer/scammer. Descended from some super wealthy landlord/entrepreneur/banker types. She sounds like a really lovely person who will never face consequences for anything

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kit Walker posted:

Influencer/scammer. Descended from some super wealthy landlord/entrepreneur/banker types. She sounds like a really lovely person who will never face consequences for anything

You could have stopped at influencer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

steinrokkan posted:

Afaik all of this self censorship is just trying to read the tea leaves of the algorithm with nothing to back its efficacy. People think they don't get enough exposure compared to what they deserve, so it must be because they are secretly being punished, and they are punished because of... Bad words, i guess? When in reality it's just arbitrary if content succeeds or fails.

That's literally exactly it. Very little of the content of a post is taken into account by algorithm boosting. I also think people vastly overestimate the effect of algorithm boosts, on specific platforms. On some sites/apps, it is pretty important but my experience has been that the vast majority of people mostly want the content they follow and maybe occasionally a suggestion.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's just because they assume the only reason they're not going viral with all their posts is they're being shadowbanned by the woke algorithm, but really it's because nobody likes reading chud posts or boosts them. Weird

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008

Kit Walker posted:

I pulled her wiki page, and she has literally sold essential oil bottles branded "Snake Oil," and also tickets to a seminar called "The Scam." She sounds deeply unwell, but I also can't really feel bad for the people falling for it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PharmerBoy posted:

I pulled her wiki page, and she has literally sold essential oil bottles branded "Snake Oil," and also tickets to a seminar called "The Scam." She sounds deeply unwell, but I also can't really feel bad for the people falling for it.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I thought it was about Claudia Conway, and that interview sounded intriguing for a moment.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

.... :sigh:

- Me after the edible hits.

Scratch Monkey posted:

The snarky Internet term for it is "boob-shelf". :eng101:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Can we get a 29 year old teenager gangtag

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

gently caress this piece of poo poo and gently caress Elon too, boosting that loving "movie". "Every parent should watch this" every parent should watch you die in a Tesla fire, you loving gullible sack of sentient dogshit.

No I'm having a fine day, how are you?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
So here's something (apologies if I missed someone already posting this!)
https://twitter.com/IsabellaMDeLuca/status/1661851652410814464

And I also found this in the replies:
https://twitter.com/senatorValentne/status/1664227371698855936
https://twitter.com/UBACares/status/1664232043360796673
https://twitter.com/SweatyCritter/status/1664422798364647425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Three skulls is hardly ‘full’, dammit Cannibal Corpse you’re supposed to be better than this.