Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

4-17 doesn't gently caress around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the robots in general are really mean

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Does this mean the EGO ids are part of the technology liberation alliance? I notice that the banner title for the upcoming Gregor/Don is:
Technology Liberation Alliance
Rosespanner Workshop

But the only directly related id is Gregor's? Seems to be suggesting that the TLA is actively using the abnormalities? I guess we'll know more in a week.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KobunFan posted:

It's hard to imagine Don with any skills other than violence and insane fanboyism. She just doesn't seem the type.

She's absolutely poo poo at paperwork but she's super into Rodya's leadership and is a very effective wrecker.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Worst part of the robots is the standard fight clashing rules, which combined with some of the robots getting 5 skill slots + all the fragile they throw around means it’s really easy for someone to get sawed to death in one turn

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

Does this mean the EGO ids are part of the technology liberation alliance? I notice that the banner title for the upcoming Gregor/Don is:
Technology Liberation Alliance
Rosespanner Workshop

But the only directly related id is Gregor's? Seems to be suggesting that the TLA is actively using the abnormalities? I guess we'll know more in a week.

it might be a lobcorp survivor who never had to hand in their EGO due to their CEO dissolving

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Managed to ex all the available Chapter 4 stages. Had to redo 4-20 because ho boy did they take a while. I ended up clearing it in 8 turns with N Corp Faust, N Corp Sinclair, 7 Outis, R Corp Heathcliff and Rodions new ID. Was very satisfying to go back and smash through it. Though Sinclair did corrode but thankfully he focused mainly on the enemy. :chef:

Most of the early chapter I played around with 7 Yi Sang and Outis, LCCB Ishmael, N Faust and Rosespanner Rodion which worked really well.

Really enjoyed Chapter 4 so far. I really need to sit and play through Ruina as the combat in Limbus really clicks with me and I feel Ruina would be very satisfying to learn and play.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Lord_Magmar posted:

She's absolutely poo poo at paperwork but she's super into Rodya's leadership and is a very effective wrecker.

Yeah, Mersault seem to be the overworked salary worker lol

Anyway, does anybody knows how many level there are currently? Just getting a bit lazy and knowing when it end would probably help pace myself.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Anyway, does anybody knows how many level there are currently? Just getting a bit lazy and knowing when it end would probably help pace myself.

26 I think

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I haven't really played much since Refraction Railway came out. Just logging in, doing a couple sweeps and logging out. Pulled on a couple banners. Running through Chapter 4 is basically the first time using any of the more recent units and Good loving Lord is N Sinclair a wrecking ball. Dude went from "well, he's got Impending Day" to "I will 100%-0 the boss in one turn, help, my eyes are bleeding."

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Goes up to 4-27 so far.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

4-27, yeah but there's like actually 20 battle nodes. The other 7 are just story nodes.

Yinlock posted:

it might be a lobcorp survivor who never had to hand in their EGO due to their CEO dissolving

The bull was running wild, and K Corp was acting pretty odd about it. They didn't seem to want anyone to know, even going so far as not to get Siegfried involved who is about the publicity. Plus, they were running experiment in the old L Corp branch, I assume on abnormalities.

That same branch got raided and taken over by the TLA. The TLA was probably who released the bull on the Nest.

No wonder K wanted to keep this shushed up, their security failing to stop their facility being raided by a bunch of random punks, and then those same punks presumably using the results of their experiment/technology on them, does not speak well of K. All speculation based on what we know of part 1 and this new banner, but I think it holds up.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

My personal hope, though I think it's a long shot, is that the Technology Liberation Alliance is gonna let us finally dig further into why AI is one of the few things The Head forbids. I want Technology to be the thing that they intend to liberate. I don't really have any real justification for this other than that they use a bunch robots though.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Marluxia posted:

Plus, they were running experiment in the old L Corp branch, I assume on abnormalities.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the regeneration ampules themselves are derived from the Luminous Bracelet (or something related to it), considering the insistence on not using them before a certain level of injury, the side-effects including melting into goo (which matches up to deaths from the Bracelet involving goo from the mouth), and them seemingly having an abnormality code.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Oh huh, the woman at the end of the chapter is wearing a brown raincoat under her K jacket. I think that answers the question. I assume this is also how we're going to see the Sinclair and Ishmael ego ids, showed in the chapter 2 trailer, we're going to meet TLA members wearing those EGO.

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Saigyouji posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the regeneration ampules themselves are derived from the Luminous Bracelet (or something related to it), considering the insistence on not using them before a certain level of injury, the side-effects including melting into goo (which matches up to deaths from the Bracelet involving goo from the mouth), and them seemingly having an abnormality code.

I'd suppose it'd be pretty hard for a product that existed before L Corp. (as evidenced by the fact the L Corp. used it in their HQ) to be derived from an abnormality that L Corp. created.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

They also described weird growths when the fixer gets stabbed with one which also matches up with the Bracelet's death effect, though it's possible that the bracelet is an abno spawned from K-corp's singularity rather than the opposite

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

I'd suppose it'd be pretty hard for a product that existed before L Corp. (as evidenced by the fact the L Corp. used it in their HQ) to be derived from an abnormality that L Corp. created.

I know it's an abnormality, but doesn't the description of the abnormality imply it was an item found in the outskirts?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Marluxia posted:

I know it's an abnormality, but doesn't the description of the abnormality imply it was an item found in the outskirts?

Yeah, it was. "A bracelet that gives off a soft turquoise light. Many unexplainable things have been discovered in the Outskirts."

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I haven't really played much since Refraction Railway came out. Just logging in, doing a couple sweeps and logging out. Pulled on a couple banners. Running through Chapter 4 is basically the first time using any of the more recent units and Good loving Lord is N Sinclair a wrecking ball. Dude went from "well, he's got Impending Day" to "I will 100%-0 the boss in one turn, help, my eyes are bleeding."

Gripclair is a loving beast.

I keep bringing him into mirror dungeon runs and he keeps killing Gregor because I'm not paying attention.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

the idea of a Project Moon ARPG doesn't have inherent appeal for me besides the fact that I'll follow these devs anywhere but,

Gripclair's hits are so meaty that I have no doubt they can make a satisfying action game. I'm glad when I remade an account I squeaked in before season's end and rolled him

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Colin Mockery posted:

Gripclair is a loving beast.

I keep bringing him into mirror dungeon runs and he keeps killing Gregor because I'm not paying attention.
Just stop giving him EGO other than his starter ZAYIN. Then he'll just spend a turn doing nothing and reset to 0 instead of murdering your own peeps with a giant stone clock on a stick.

Ramie posted:

the idea of a Project Moon ARPG doesn't have inherent appeal for me besides the fact that I'll follow these devs anywhere but,

Gripclair's hits are so meaty that I have no doubt they can make a satisfying action game. I'm glad when I remade an account I squeaked in before season's end and rolled him
If you ever want to see what a Project Moon action game would look like, there's a really good Red Mist/An Arbiter mod for Risk of Rain 2.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Ishmael looks absolutely adorable when using the flaming butterfly EGO.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GilliamYaeger posted:

Just stop giving him EGO other than his starter ZAYIN. Then he'll just spend a turn doing nothing and reset to 0 instead of murdering your own peeps with a giant stone clock on a stick.

If you ever want to see what a Project Moon action game would look like, there's a really good Red Mist/An Arbiter mod for Risk of Rain 2.

Okay but he deserves to murder someone with a stone clock on a stick, as a little treat.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Just finished what we have of chapter 4 so far.

is Dongbaek another Guinhoe member like Yi Sang, Gubo and Dongrang are

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Junpei posted:

Just finished what we have of chapter 4 so far.

is Dongbaek another Guinhoe member like Yi Sang, Gubo and Dongrang are

From what I was told, Dongbaek means Camellia and is probably a reference to Gim Yujeong (who wrote "Camellia Flower"), who wasn't a member of the Guinhoe but was pretty close to Yi Sang.

Apparently he suggested that he and Yi Sang commit a double suicide together???

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

I feel like this is dishonorable

though it's funny that n sinclair's downside runs on the honor system

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
You still lose a turn when you hit Low Morale, so it's never without downside, but I guess it's still better than massacring your own team with a giant stone calendar.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I just use the soup EGO instead because that way even when Sinclair goes nuclear he still will often hit enemies rather than allies.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I mean, the conversation started with "I keep bringing him into Mirror Dungeon runs." It hurts when I do this, I say to the doctor; stop doing that, then, the doctor replies. N Sinclair is not auto-friendly in many ways, not least because sometimes the auto sees the minimum of zero on his second and third skills and therefore doesn't pick them. Impending Day is better on him, because Impending Day is generally better and Corrosion shouldn't be an issue anyway so long as you're paying attention.

The special death animation for N Faust's third skill when it kills on the third hit, where she has a heart impaled on her nail, appears to still happen with the N Corp robots. The nail is even tilted so that it's higher up. I wonder if 1) that means they have "heart placement" locations set on enemies now and 2) that means the N Corp robots are alive. Both are entirely plausible and that amuses me.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Einander posted:

I mean, the conversation started with "I keep bringing him into Mirror Dungeon runs." It hurts when I do this, I say to the doctor; stop doing that, then, the doctor replies. N Sinclair is not auto-friendly in many ways, not least because sometimes the auto sees the minimum of zero on his second and third skills and therefore doesn't pick them. Impending Day is better on him, because Impending Day is generally better and Corrosion shouldn't be an issue anyway so long as you're paying attention.

Sinclair is really good in mirror dungeon. You just need to hit "Damage" instead of "Win Rate" on non-Abnormality fights.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ch. 4

Speaking of Dongrang, I was impressed by what a slimeball he was. Putting on the friendly easygoing boss facade then sildling up to Dante like "see you guys only help others because you know you'll res, friends aren't real"(which ignores how Heathcliff saved Gregor, an act which makes no sense just going by purely selfish motives, since Dante can just bring Gregor back anyway) and how his aide guy is coercive as hell and tends to brush past horrible implications with contract-speak or just "yeah see it's fine though". Can't wait to fight all these guys at some point.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

Ch. 4

Speaking of Dongrang, I was impressed by what a slimeball he was. Putting on the friendly easygoing boss facade then sildling up to Dante like "see you guys only help others because you know you'll res, friends aren't real"(which ignores how Heathcliff saved Gregor, an act which makes no sense just going by purely selfish motives, since Dante can just bring Gregor back anyway) and how his aide guy is coercive as hell and tends to brush past horrible implications with contract-speak or just "yeah see it's fine though". Can't wait to fight all these guys at some point.
There's also how he loving knows WHAT L CORP'S SINGULARITY REALLY IS and how he seems to actually understand Dante (and thus has the Mark?)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was really confused for a second because I thought "Technology Liberation" meant "liberation from technology" aka they were pseudo-Luddites, and thus thought it was weird that they used robots to fight.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
With all these Three Letter Acronyms being thrown around confusion is bound to result.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Yinlock posted:

Ch. 4

I felt kind of bad for Samjo-he's a total rear end in a top hat but it's pretty clear there is a lot going on that he isn't on top of. Dongrang could not more obviously be Up To Something, and I can't remember where I saw the stuff that gave me this impression but I remember finishing the chapter with the distinct impression that Samjo isn't in the know. He seems to be a corporate drone-he's amoral and coercive, but as is it seems like his main goal is to serve K Corp? Dongrang, meanwhile... Also, I am pretty sure that regardless of whatever Dongrang is up to he genuinely doesn't know about the Guinhoe-not only would it have probably been something he noticed during Hell's Chicken, but Dongrang's talks with Dante are private and Samjo isn't in on them. I feel like he's very likely to end up being a pawn sacrificed by Dongrang.

Also, re: all the discussion of K Corp's Singularity, I feel like we need to bring up the K Corp enemies on the Refraction Railway again. We might have not seen them again yet but they were pretty weird looking and also were dissolving into goo-I think it's a possibility EGO Ishmael is actually K Corp. But the colors are different-regardless, Luminous Bracelet talk means we should probably bring up the extra juiced employees on the railway.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

I was really confused for a second because I thought "Technology Liberation" meant "liberation from technology" aka they were pseudo-Luddites, and thus thought it was weird that they used robots to fight.

That might be it considering EGO Heath's quote about how "I'll destory every technology in the world with my own hands"(what)

GilliamYaeger posted:

There's also how he loving knows WHAT L CORP'S SINGULARITY REALLY IS and how he seems to actually understand Dante (and thus has the Mark?)

It's unclear if he can or not, I think he just likes being able to talk at someone who can't argue with him. I did enjoy Dante consistently being like "I don't care please go away"

t3isukone posted:

I felt kind of bad for Samjo-he's a total rear end in a top hat but it's pretty clear there is a lot going on that he isn't on top of. Dongrang could not more obviously be Up To Something, and I can't remember where I saw the stuff that gave me this impression but I remember finishing the chapter with the distinct impression that Samjo isn't in the know. He seems to be a corporate drone-he's amoral and coercive, but as is it seems like his main goal is to serve K Corp? Dongrang, meanwhile... Also, I am pretty sure that regardless of whatever Dongrang is up to he genuinely doesn't know about the Guinhoe-not only would it have probably been something he noticed during Hell's Chicken, but Dongrang's talks with Dante are private and Samjo isn't in on them. I feel like he's very likely to end up being a pawn sacrificed by Dongrang.

Also, re: all the discussion of K Corp's Singularity, I feel like we need to bring up the K Corp enemies on the Refraction Railway again. We might have not seen them again yet but they were pretty weird looking and also were dissolving into goo-I think it's a possibility EGO Ishmael is actually K Corp. But the colors are different-regardless, Luminous Bracelet talk means we should probably bring up the extra juiced employees on the railway.

Samjo's probably gonna get thrown into the grinder at some point yeah, I won't feel particularly bad for him when he does though. I don't think he's in the know but I don't think he'd care if he did, he seems like an ideal citizen of the City, having been worn down into nothing by corporate droning until he's just a douchebag

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 4, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do you think that Shi Association Fixer who killed Shrenne could be Yujin, Tenma or Valentin?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Do you think that Shi Association Fixer who killed Shrenne could be Yujin, Tenma or Valentin?
You can actually see the Shi Fixer! It actually looks a lot like Yujin from behind - long katana in a black sheathe held behind them, the same jacket and very similar shoes. However if it isn't just the lighting their hair seems to be different, so it's likely another Director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

All we really know for sure is that it's someone relatively high on the Shi totem pole, so it's possible albeit unlikely for it to be one of them