Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Developer update is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxokmv2yRmI

They are absolutely killing it on these card animations lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Silk
2/5
After ANY card is played here, this moves to another location.

Spider-Man 2099
4/6
The first time this moves to a location, destroy an enemy card there.

Spider-Ham
1/1
On Reveal: Transform the highest-cost card in your opponent's hand into a Pig, keeping its Power and Cost.

These look sick. Wanna try those Move decks.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Spider ham is gonna be frustrating as hell

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Spider ham is gonna be frustrating as hell

Time to dust off the Infinaut deck

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Surely he'd make Infinaut/Red Skull/Typhoid Mary easier to play, rather than harder?

E: also Ebony Maw I guess

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Drinkslinger posted:

Surely he'd make Infinaut/Red Skull/Typhoid Mary easier to play, rather than harder?

E: also Ebony Maw I guess

He will likely never hit an Ebony Maw? But yeah he does make Red Skull or Attuma or Infinaut better but he ruins She Hulk, HE Hulk, Doom, Death becomes unplayable.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Ham played on that location that returns the played card back to your hand...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Ham should be more expensive.. 3/1 or something, hell 4/1. It can totally wreck your opponent.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

Spider-Ham played on that location that returns the played card back to your hand...

I'm assuming (with no evidence) that he'd just keep empiggening the big pig

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The biggest news is that they are going to put Spider-Ham and Spider-Man 2099 into Series 4

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Marx Headroom posted:

I'm sure it picks at random, so if you have multiple 6's your whole hand will be pigs.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Ben brode needed some coaching on that trans Atlantic accent drat

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Devo posted:

Developer update is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxokmv2yRmI

They are absolutely killing it on these card animations lately.

They really think people care about avatars? Maybe some people do, but ... eh.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marx Headroom posted:

If the pig stays in hand and they don't draw anything with higher cost, yeah. It's cost-1 though so if you don't get their 6er on the first try you could play it again. I don't know if the game will show you what happens though or if only the owner of the pig sees it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Red posted:

They really think people care about avatars? Maybe some people do, but ... eh.

I have my Rock, what more could I ever want?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Some time early on I got that rad Collector avatar (possibly from some sort of bundle) and never looked back.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Holy poo poo I know they said Conquest would be out for June, but I had just assumed it would get delayed. I was going to take this month off for Diablo, but I guess not.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does killmonger always kill in order played?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 2, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Move decks are back, baby!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does killmonger always kill in order played?

I think so? If I drop T1 Nova, T2 Deadpool & T3 Killmonger, I'm pretty sure DP gets powered up before dying & doubling.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
How does the economy for conquest work? Looks like a gold sink or is that just to skip earning tickets? I assume you get knocked out when you lose so need more tickets or gold to re-enter?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
It looks like if you win you get a free ticket to the next level. Other than that you pay to play. I wonder if there’s anything good in that shop though? I was hoping it would be more like HS Arena or Duels where you pay to enter but get gold out in return.

e: I just paused the video and it looks like you can buy gold and/or credits in the medal shop.

Devo fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 2, 2023

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Wonder what the evolved version of a pig will do

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Street Horrrsing posted:

Wonder what the evolved version of a pig will do

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So I picked up 2 variants in a row from a season pass booster & regular pack. I got a Dan Hipp Lockjaw....and Pixel Storm from the regular pack. Sigh.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Hopefully we will see no more complaints about galactus now that spider ham is coming

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

hanyolo posted:

Hopefully we will see no more complaints about galactus now that spider ham is coming
How many months do you think it'll be before I own spider-ham? Seven?

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

No Wave posted:

I'm sorry you're allergic to getting cards that will help you and spending tokens.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
So there's really no pity timer on the "5%" variant drop from season caches hub

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No Wave posted:

Change your av when you do.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

New Leaf posted:

Some time early on I got that rad Collector avatar (possibly from some sort of bundle) and never looked back.

The only one I could possibly give a poo poo about is the Hipp Nimrod, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

One time, I saw a variant on sale for a card I didn't own yet, deadpool, so I bought it, and now at least four months later, I unlocked the base version of deadpool. Weird.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Street Horrrsing posted:

One time, I saw a variant on sale for a card I didn't own yet, deadpool, so I bought it, and now at least four months later, I unlocked the base version of deadpool. Weird.

Think about it, if that didn’t happen, you would never be able to get the base version because it’s not like it appears in the shop or whatever.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

Spider-Ham is deploying straight into S4 and is the last card to drop in June. You'll be able to buy him on launch day if you want him even if you're coppered up now.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Street Horrrsing posted:

Yeah, bundles don't care if you own the base version, like with the Deadpool one that had that variant. The section in the shop with 6 variants does care if you own the base version.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 3, 2023

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ninurta posted:

So I picked up 2 variants in a row from a season pass booster & regular pack. I got a Dan Hipp Lockjaw....and Pixel Storm from the regular pack. Sigh.

It's a good variant.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Red posted:

The only one I could possibly give a poo poo about is the Hipp Nimrod, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get.
That was a season pass reward card

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Quetzadilla posted:

How does the economy for conquest work? Looks like a gold sink or is that just to skip earning tickets? I assume you get knocked out when you lose so need more tickets or gold to re-enter?

Entering the proving grounds is free and unlimited. Winning 1 match gets you a silver ticket and 15 medals.

(Note: 1 match here is 1 battle mode match for 10 cubes. So at least 2 games.)

To enter silver you need either a silver ticket or pay 80 gold. Winning 2 matches in a row gets you a golden ticket and 120 medals. If you lose a match, you need to restart. (With another ticket or gold.)

Gold: golden ticket or pay 200 gold. Winning 3 matches in a row gets you an infinite ticket and 370 medals. Lose = restart.

Infinite: infinite ticket or 500 gold. Winning 5 matches in a row gets you 1375 medals and an infinite border for the avatar you used in your last match. Lose = restart.

It's possible to stock up on tickets so you can grind up a bunch of silver, then spend those to try and win golds, and so on. The infinite level isn't even available until the last week of the season so you have to try to get a bunch of infinite tickets anyway before that.

(You only need 1 ticket to enter a challenge, it's not like you need, say, 3 to be able to complete the golden one or something.)

Medals are used to buy poo poo in the conquest shop. Things you can buy, judging from the video: credits, gold, boosters, tickets, (random) variants, titles, and avatars. If you buy 9 things from this shop, you get an 'exclusive card'. The one they showed was the red green goblin variant, which isn't exactly exclusive because you can get it from the normal shop, so it remains to be seen how exclusive this will actually be.

There's also some language that says "new items unlock every week" in this shop, so I don't know how many items in the shop will be available from the start, or how quickly they refresh, or if you can just keep buying something as long as you have the medals, ...

TL;DR: it's completely free to enter the proving grounds and you have unlimited tries. You can stock up on tickets for all the levels. Winning matches also gets you medals you can use to buy poo poo.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I think the conquest Red Goblin variant is a different Red Goblin to the one that's already available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Correct