Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

.random posted:

Calling your scam coin $SIMP feels a little on the nose, don’t you think?

Scams are more effective the more obvious they are. You want a pure critical mass of idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

goatface posted:

From his hundreds of millions of followers.

Don't forget he artificially inflates the likes on his own posts too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Goons will literally never learn that there is no plan, just Musk doing whatever dumb poo poo he’s thinking of right this moment, most of it a desperate attempt to get his money back

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Halisnacks posted:

If this is his goal, and if he manages to succeed with it at all, then it’s really only the “good people” who refused to leave Twitter who are to blame. Self-styled liberals and leftists are the only thing Twitter has at this point that differentiates it from the explicitly chud platforms. If they leave, Twitter is just Truth Social with Musk as the main character instead of Trump.

https://twitter.com/JewelKnightJess/status/1664643380284932097?t=hLzgQ160v1t-d3DUMkbRDQ&s=19

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Goons will literally never learn that there is no plan, just Musk doing whatever dumb poo poo he’s thinking of right this moment, most of it a desperate attempt to get his money back

tbh I cannot wait for the brand to do the 2SEXY4U thing I made up so I can quote myself endlessly in this thread and Musk will have to eventually sheepishly reply and out himself on the SomethingAwful dot com forums to a hail of dicksuckers and detractors

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1664686338292031488?t=3l7t3VO01fP5vrIhJ8vcRQ&s=19

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Lol within 6 months this app will also be identical to TikTok.

.random
May 7, 2007

Bar Crow posted:

Scams are more effective the more obvious they are. You want a pure critical mass of idiots.

Have I told you about my new TRUMP CAMPAIGN ($CAM) coin? Guaranteed to double in value*! Buy now for only $500/coin!

* value is $0.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It is impossible for Elon Musk to salvage his reputation. I used to really root for the guy but he's just an embarrassing piece of poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Twitter is Stormfront now and anyone still on it is complicit.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Waffle House posted:

It is impossible for Elon Musk to salvage his reputation. I used to really root for the guy but he's just an embarrassing piece of poo poo.

Now, after revealing you used to stan for Elon, you can never salvage YOUR reputation!

.random
May 7, 2007

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Now, after revealing you used to stan for Elon, you can never salvage YOUR reputation!

It is impossible for Waffle House to salvage his reputation. I used to really root for the guy but he's just an embarrassing giraffe.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Shifty eyes because saving your own skull takes a looooooooooooooooot of effort

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffle House posted:

Shifty eyes because saving your own skull takes a looooooooooooooooot of effort

I think if you stanned Elon per-Indonesian cave diver incident it's mostly excusable. If you stanned Elon after he called the guy the guy a pedophile in a fitted pique after the dude pointed out his child submarine idea was just an over-designed underwater child-sized coffin, then you don't really have a leg to stand on.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Did the thread LOL yet that Ella Irwin, content moderation official extraordinaire, left over Musk?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/tech/twitter-content-moderation-official-eu/index.html

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Did the thread LOL yet that Ella Irwin, content moderation official extraordinaire, left over Musk?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/tech/twitter-content-moderation-official-eu/index.html

Head of Brand Safety quit too.

Dunno how he can possibly fill those positions. "Hey come work for me! You will be handling angry chuds all day long, and I will publicly override any decision you make!"

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Was this the same woman that backed Elon and said Roth's content moderation team did not address CSAM?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

I think if you stanned Elon per-Indonesian cave diver incident it's mostly excusable. If you stanned Elon after he called the guy the guy a pedophile in a fitted pique after the dude pointed out his child submarine idea was just an over-designed underwater child-sized coffin, then you don't really have a leg to stand on.

That's right we will need a specific timeline of when you were cheerleading Elon. You will be judged by a select committee of anime and furry femme boy avatars

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I think if Elon just hosed off forever and became a Howard Hughes-esque recluse that would help a loooot.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

ryde posted:

Was this the same woman that backed Elon and said Roth's content moderation team did not address CSAM?

dunno about that but she did post this one
https://twitter.com/ellagirwin/status/1649281847053127681

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

kazil posted:

Head of Brand Safety quit too.

Dunno how he can possibly fill those positions. "Hey come work for me! You will be handling angry chuds all day long, and I will publicly override any decision you make!"

I don't know that you could possibly write a more hellish job description.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I would never defend Nazis, however

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

It's fascinating how many people just keep sticking their necks out for elon and he just without a loving care in the world is twirling an axe around chopping heads like it's cheese

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm getting sick of people posting :words: instead of stating a very simple concept: hatemongers like fascists deserve neither free speech nor respect.

That's it. That's all you have to say.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Slotducks posted:

It's fascinating how many people just keep sticking their necks out for elon and he just without a loving care in the world is twirling an axe around chopping heads like it's cheese

"Those thousands of heads at his feet were all flukes, I'm sure. He'll certainly take every possible precaution around my neck!"

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Slotducks posted:

Seems to happen around billionaires without exception. Happened with Trump too. Pretty sure it happened with Zuckerberg as well. They just attract grifters with no principles or self-respect, who think they'll be the one person to avoid the knife in the back. I do wish she suffered worse consequences than just being out of a job for a bit.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664715412599193601
:iiam:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Yeah, I'm a straight white male and I haven't heard any hate speech at all! Sounds like somebody's triggered :elon:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Elon going "what hate speech?" is like a fish going "what water?"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m kind of surprised he hasn’t hired some chud for a role they’re grossly unqualified for, unless legal is getting in the way of that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah seems to be smart enough to hire someone that is more palatable to advertisers.

He also immediately pissed it away so one step forward two back

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Hobo Clown posted:

Does it actually matter though? Like how long could Musk just pay (or refuse to pay) for the losses out of his own pocket before it has any actual meaningful effect on his wealth?

Considering that time that the Saudis dragged him out of bed and immediately forced him to come with them to the World Cup without even giving him the time to properly dress himself, I'd say that it very much matters if he's at all concerned for his own physical safety.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
I feel like not understanding Ben and Jerry's politics and being confused when they're reject Elon Musk is almost as bad as the Rage against the Machine stuff. It's pretty much their entire brand.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Bar Crow posted:

This.

Nigerian scammers purposely misspell words and do other things to make it extremely obvious that they're scamming. This is so that no one with at least two functioning brain cells will respond. They want to only hook the biggest morons on the planet. Otherwise the scammee might eventually figure out that it's a scam at some point and all the scammer's time and effort will have been wasted. They're filtering their potential victims.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Vintersorg posted:

Twitter is Stormfront now and anyone still on it is complicit.

been saying this

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Weasling Weasel posted:

I feel like not understanding Ben and Jerry's politics and being confused when they're reject Elon Musk is almost as bad as the Rage against the Machine stuff. It's pretty much their entire brand.

All Ben and Jerry's special flavors are given names like "gently caress the System Chocolate Swirl" but their politics are inscrutable to the likes of Musk and his followers.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664742732462432258

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664742794135470083

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

took him less than 60 seconds to steal the meme lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Paying $8 a month so Elon can steal your posts :elon::elon::elon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

meme master