Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What are the mechanics for the Gloom Hands? I blasted them with a bunch of bomb arrows and it killed two or three, but they ended up respawning somehow? If the mass of hands ever gets close to me it's hard to get away, and then they just grab me over and over again. I'm not sure how I ended up winning, but thinking it requires closing in to finish them with a sword or something?

The phantom Ganon fight right afterwards was super easy by comparison, just dodge the slash and punish with a few hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

DLC wish for me is a Minish world.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Phenotype posted:

What are the mechanics for the Gloom Hands? I blasted them with a bunch of bomb arrows and it killed two or three, but they ended up respawning somehow? If the mass of hands ever gets close to me it's hard to get away, and then they just grab me over and over again. I'm not sure how I ended up winning, but thinking it requires closing in to finish them with a sword or something?

each hand has separate hp, so your bomb arrows might not be hitting all of them at the same time

First thing to do if you spot one is climb up. They can’t climb more than 10 feet. From high up, it’s easier to land bomb arrows in the middle where it will hit all hands

If there’s nothing to climb, run away and use bomb arrows to slow it down while it comes at you. You should be able to kill it before it gets near

No need to finish, bomb arrows will do the whole job

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Phenotype posted:

The phantom Ganon fight right afterwards was super easy by comparison, just dodge the slash and punish with a few hits.

Bombs from above is the tried and true.

Either heavy damage 2h weapon so when they let go you can get a quick attack in between grabs or dodge/flurry.

Someone said puffshrooms work to get sneak attacks, but I haven't gotten it to work yet.

It helps they also try to grab the sages, so that's less hands focused on you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phenotype posted:

If there's a proper way to fight them I don't know, I usually just spam AOE frost of some type until it's on cooldown and spam bomb arrows until it's back off. Puffshrooms will deaggro them but you've got to hit them all and it takes them a second so may not help. High ground is good too, for the bomb arrow spam, but I tend to just go Doomguy mode when combat music kicks in

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed by that. I'd spent a couple weeks looking forward to it as some big thing, and, it was like...that's it? Like someone earlier said, it felt like silver bokoblins take longer to fight. I guess it's partly on me for waiting to get better armor and weapons, but still, it seemed very simple and straightforward for something big like that.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
What I want them to add in DLC is a second activation trigger when you are riding something. It would enable so many different things.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Mykroft posted:

https://twitter.com/MykroftSa/status/1664460879948300288?s=20

Whelp, finished all the shrines. I think I’m pretty much ready for the final fight but I might spend a bit of time finishing some armor upgrades and doing some low effort koroks.
wait, they made the first row of hearts super long, but then made it so you still can't fill it to max?? Why. Literally they could've chopped 3 hearts off the top row and it would've been even!!!!!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh yeah, I saw that yesterday and forgot to come back to complain about it. Now I'm angry all over again, what a dumb interface design decision! :arghfist::saddumb:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Blaziken386 posted:

wait, they made the first row of hearts super long, but then made it so you still can't fill it to max?? Why. Literally they could've chopped 3 hearts off the top row and it would've been even!!!!!!

They're not at the heart cap, if you have a maxed out stamina wheel your final heart total is thirty eight hearts which is still very annoying that you don't hit 40 hearts, maybe there'll be a champion's ballad like dlc that'll fix that?

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Blaziken386 posted:

You’re reading too much into it I finished up the last 12ish shrines all at once and sat on the lights, when I finally redeemed everything there are two empty hearts, which I assume is to call out a stamina vs hearts choice

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

Just because they got all the Lights of Blessing doesn't mean they've cashed them in at a statue yet, they could have marathoned the last dozen or so shrines and haven't had a chance to max out their hearts

e:fb

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

With BOTW there was a glitch you could pull with the statue that would trade hearts for stamina so you could fill both out so it will probably be something like that again. I have 2 full stamina wheels and only now have started going for more than 5 hearts (stamina is more important to me)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Friend showed me her house. The pond neatly fits with stairs

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
It's funny to me that they canonize BOTW Link as cheating, since he starts the game with three stamina wheels and 30 hearts.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7233920722047978778

Should point out that they’re in a low gravity zone, but rocketboarding seems to get a lot of air

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Link cooked and ate the Divine Beasts between games to get a permanent HP buff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cirina posted:

It's funny to me that they canonize BOTW Link as cheating, since he starts the game with three stamina wheels and 30 hearts.

Nah he had five more years to defeat a big monster that dropped a heart or something

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MrQueasy posted:

the deku tree stomach encounter is what cured me of my fear of the hands. Now they're just free Beeg Weapons.

Yeah I fought that one with bomb.arrows and tricks but after that faced em head on because those weapons are so good at melting bosses.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly it's weird that he didn't have more new hearts from offscreen adventures. He got all those ones in the first game in what, a month or two? Really taking it easy over the next few years.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

pentyne posted:

Bombs from above is the tried and true.

Either heavy damage 2h weapon so when they let go you can get a quick attack in between grabs or dodge/flurry.

Someone said puffshrooms work to get sneak attacks, but I haven't gotten it to work yet.

It helps they also try to grab the sages, so that's less hands focused on you.

Puffshrooms aren't for sneak attacks, they just shut them down entirely, like all enemies. You throw a puffshroom and then you go spin to win or smack with other weapons. Way faster than bomb arrows and uses zero bombs.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cirina posted:

yeah but he had 0 korok seeds

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The canonical Link is the speed running link where he immediately did a kick flip off a monster, flew to Ganon, and defeated him with a pot lid. The time in between he has just been getting up to where us slowpokes ended up. He IS a legendarily incredible warrior after all

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Blaziken386 posted:

think of all the goron masseuses who'd be out of business if they couldn't give you 3 temporary yellow hearts for 50 rupees

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7234359855262240043

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Murdstone posted:

Didn't realize I wanted this until just now

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I have a sage-related question

Pertaining to the last? Sage.

The robot, specifically. At least I think that’s what it is? I found that construct factory and want to build a robot Buddy but none of the depots work and I’m assuming I am missing the prerequisite for it. Do I need to do all the other sage stuff first? I have only done the fire and wind temple so far.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

woke kaczynski posted:

Didn't realize I wanted this until just now

It was part of Breath of the Wild early in development! There are screenshots out there of Link interacting with tiny people.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Harvey Baldman posted:

Do I need to do all the other sage stuff first? I have only done the fire and wind temple so far.

No, but the quest doesn't start down there. You'll get pointed to the start after advancing the main quest more, although if you stumble across the start you can do it any time.

If you want to be spoiled where to go: Check the sky islands surrounded by storm clouds over Faron in the south

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Harvey Baldman posted:

I have a sage-related question

Pertaining to the last? Sage.

The robot, specifically. At least I think that’s what it is? I found that construct factory and want to build a robot Buddy but none of the depots work and I’m assuming I am missing the prerequisite for it. Do I need to do all the other sage stuff first? I have only done the fire and wind temple so far.

You gotta set some things in motion up above in the sky first. I had only done the Wind Temple when I bumbled into the quest, thinking I wonder what's in this huge storm? I saw an island for a brief second through the haze and set a pin to land on it.

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 3, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Nihonniboku posted:

It was part of Breath of the Wild early in development! There are screenshots out there of Link interacting with tiny people.

Minish stuff would be pretty great. Honestly having a magic arm power that shrinks you down to interact with tiny people and puzzles would be far less weird and offputting than one that lets you swim up through objects to randomly climb up out of peoples' floors.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Puffshrooms aren't for sneak attacks, they just shut them down entirely, like all enemies. You throw a puffshroom and then you go spin to win or smack with other weapons. Way faster than bomb arrows and uses zero bombs.

While this works if you have a good two-handed weapon to spin with, using a puffshroom to sneak strike silver enemies will let you get them down in 2-3 hits if you use a weapon in the 50-60 damage range.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Minish stuff would be pretty great. Honestly having a magic arm power that shrinks you down to interact with tiny people and puzzles would be far less weird and offputting than one that lets you swim up through objects to randomly climb up out of peoples' floors.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I remember seeing that at some point, and my only criticism is that I want them to be tinier! TINIER!!

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

DLC should feature all the stuff they didn't use that appeared in the glimpses they've given us of Breath of the Wild pre-production, including the Minish, an alien invasion complete with flying saucer, and Link with an electric guitar.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Fought my first Gleok today.

It was the King Gleok I wandered into.

Got it to the last phase twice, but I can't get a good angle to snipe the heads and it deletes my full HP (like 12 hearts) if I touch the electric attack in this phase.

I'll come back to that later lmao.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

finally, someone his own size

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Love how they leaned into Link's shortness. The only people shorter than him are children and the elderly.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Fought King Gleeok and what a great boss fight. Integrates fun puzzle-solving and you're constantly on your feet and thinking throughout. Gleeoks don't feel like "harder lynel equivalent" at all, they test entirely different skills. It becomes all about gaining elevation.

My DLC request is a Forest Temple, somewhere in the Lost Woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He's just a little guy
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1664466086140719107