Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

Eh it just straight up doesn't work for me. I roast non frozen vegetables all the time, but trying Normandy mix etc. turns to mush before it browns, even under a broiler. :shrug:

It would be weird outside of France, but do you have a steam injection oven?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

The same happens to me with Normandy mix which is why I skip it but I love that one with Brussels sprouts.

I pick out the Brussels sprouts and cook them separately, first, since their density is much higher than the density of the other vegetables.

The rest of if I start in a skillet, covered, to cook the veg through, then remove the lid and crank up the heat to evaporate the moisture.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
fresh veggies into a ripping hot wok. toss for a minute.

make a quick sauce from whatever you want (usually soy, black vinegar, sriracha, hoisin...sesame maybe)

add and toss

couple dashes of garlic powder to finish.

plate next to whatever protein you got from Costco.

:discourse:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

It would be weird outside of France, but do you have a steam injection oven?

Lol I wish

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Has anyone tried making sashimi from Costco salmon? I saw a video of a guy making it and it looked quite good. I wonder how the texture would hold up after being hard frozen for such a long period though.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Has anyone tried making sashimi from Costco salmon? I saw a video of a guy making it and it looked quite good. I wonder how the texture would hold up after being hard frozen for such a long period though.

Sushi fish is usually always hard frozen.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yes and it was good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

god, i remember that gif from my keto days.

Annoying that I may be headed back that direction again, a decade after I stopped.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Eh it just straight up doesn't work for me. I roast non frozen vegetables all the time, but trying Normandy mix etc. turns to mush before it browns, even under a broiler. :shrug:

Have you tried rinsing and draining the veg before roasting?

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Renegret posted:

I love broccoli but the Normandy blend is a bag of broccoli and sometimes you find other stuff in there. Might as well just buy a bag of broccoli florets if that's what you want.

It becomes really apparent if you pick out the broccoli for a picky wife and leave her with not that much of anything else

This is my ongoing battle with frozen bagged veggie mixes. My husband has a bunch of texture aversions wrt food and I have delicate guts, it super sucks when the bag is heavy on things that either of us can't eat. I just assemble ingredients at this point; a can or two of water chestnut, a couple colorful carrots from the co-op, bag of frozen snap peas, jar of baby corn. Not authentic to stir fry but pretty good anyway, add whatever works for you and her, everyone's tastes are different and varied.

In on-topic news, I can finally renew this weekend! I missed the decently priced cat goods, ridiculously good overnight oats, powdered drink mixes, and chicken bakes.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Kevin DuBrow posted:

If you eat raw salmon that hasn’t been hard frozen you’ll get worms.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

does it not get too watery when you cook it? that was my experience

Yeah, it does. It's not great, but it's good for throwing something together quickly. One thing you can do is thaw the vegetables beforehand in a steamer basket of some kind. I use a strainer over a pot of boiling water. They're still too wet, but at least they aren't holding all of that ice and too cold for frying.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Chemmy posted:

If you eat raw salmon that hasn’t been hard frozen you’ll get worms.

Not just any worms! They’re the kind that keep multiplying in your stomach until you literally start vomiting worms.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Costco / AllState is sending me a replacement for my LG CX-- they didn't have one specifically so they're sending out an LG C2 :buddy:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Knot My President! posted:

Costco / AllState is sending me a replacement for my LG CX-- they didn't have one specifically so they're sending out an LG C2 :buddy:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Not quite a C3, but the C2 got some significant upgrades over the previous models, good poo poo.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1664280787401981957?s=20
A real costco respecter

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

A real costco respecter

SwissArmyDruid posted:

edit: but seriously, gently caress people who don't return their carts. poo poo should be grounds for membership revocation.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cart return is like a Voight-Kampff test but instead of replicants it detects assholes.

I even feel a little bad returning a shopping cart into a return instead of taking it all the way back to the store.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Same, but then it got publicized all over the internet a few years back, and Goodhart's Law kicked in.

Might be coming back, though, turns out assholes aren't willing to continue investing the effort required to not be an rear end in a top hat for an extended period of time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I always return my cart at Costco (and everywhere) but at mine I can never find the cart returns. It's a huge parking lot of course but I've rarely parked anywhere near one because there aren't many at all. I think I was close enough to return maybe one or two carts to the cart return in my many years of going there.

I normally just bring it all the way back to the front.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I will purposefully park near the cart returns, even if it's half way to Timbuktu. I don't mind walking far out to my car if I can walk a few steps to the return. If you park too close to the front, it's either go back into the store and fight against the outflow of people or walk in the opposite direction of your car for three city blocks. There's never returns near the front.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I even feel a little bad returning a shopping cart into a return instead of taking it all the way back to the store.

that cart return is a jobs creator

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gravitee posted:

I will purposefully park near the cart returns, even if it's half way to Timbuktu. I don't mind walking far out to my car if I can walk a few steps to the return. If you park too close to the front, it's either go back into the store and fight against the outflow of people or walk in the opposite direction of your car for three city blocks. There's never returns near the front.

My CostCo has the carts outside the front entrance, so it's not hard to get to - you don't have to actually go inside.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

that cart return is a jobs creator

:nsamad:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
every time I've gone to costco I've been too busy to hit up the food court, but today I took a friend to load up on energy drinks and poo poo since she doesn't have a car and we had a costco food court experience

observations:

- she liked the chicken bake
- the soda fountain only has four flavors? jesus christ
- cheese pizza was good, pepperoni was loving greasy as hell but otherwise okay
- loving offensive that they don't have sausage pizza in the city of chicago

also I got a bunch of lego for thirty bucks

costco rules

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Everytime I return my cart I ride it across the lot like a scooter. Just one more way Costco brings me joy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

- she liked the chicken bake

:sever:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I did a quick trip, seemed like they didn't have kitty litter which was a bummer. About three minutes after I left I got a text that my prescription was ready so I got to go twice today.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Double Costco day is only cool when it involves two separate Costcos.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
gently caress I should go to the other costco to see if they have the protein bars I like

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

AllState approved my LG C2 replacement and it arrived from a Costco warehouse the same-day today :stare:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My costco doesn't have cart returns you're just supposed to put the front wheels over the nearest curb.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
My precious 4505 Chili n Salt chicharrones have returned. I suppose they're a summer item. In any case, I am sanctified.

Picked up the "artisan" rolls from the bakery section. drat, they make a solid sandwich, but only if you heat them up in a pan or toast them first. I like to spread a smear of mayo on them and give them a toast in the fry pan I grabbed from the 'co business center. (That fucker is a BEAST!)

This is the first run to church in a while where everything I've wanted was in stock. PBUC.

Skipped communion only because I picked up a bunch of fixin's that I was excited to build a sandwich with. Next time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CaptainCrunch posted:

Picked up the "artisan" rolls from the bakery section. drat, they make a solid sandwich, but only if you heat them up in a pan or toast them first.

going tomorrow. usually avoid the bread area but will check deez out tyvm.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
The Kirkland Tums are really Bad. This is so disappointing.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

tumskum

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Hit Costco today to get the kitty cat prescription and they had orange creamcicle almond things on sample. They were divine and I snagged a big ol' bag. Also got the frozen blueberries and mangos for smoothies and a giant thing of coffee. Great trip A+. We also went to a korean restaurant yesterday so now kimchi is on the front of our brains. You guys know where I can get some?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Chinatown posted:

usually avoid the bread area

wisdom

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

BigHead posted:

Hit Costco today to get the kitty cat prescription and they had orange creamcicle almond things on sample. They were divine and I snagged a big ol' bag. Also got the frozen blueberries and mangos for smoothies and a giant thing of coffee. Great trip A+. We also went to a korean restaurant yesterday so now kimchi is on the front of our brains. You guys know where I can get some?

:dafuq: Costco has the one with two gg’s. It’s pretty good. You should have grabbed it while you were there friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Deathlove posted:

The Kirkland Tums are really Bad. This is so disappointing.

It’s impressive to make chalk feel that much grittier to chew as they do.