Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave gave Wato 5 stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave gave Wato 5 stars

It's my njpw match of the year so far I think.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't want to live in a world with Five Star Wato

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw Sanada posted a clean version of his theme on instagram I guess and it made it to youtube. Assuming I'm not the only one that cares about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtC--jxScR4

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It was an amazing match and a great crowd so it deserves the stars

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Stacked card this weekend!

SANADA (c) vs. Yota Tsuji (IWGP World Heavyweight Championship)
Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Shota Umino, Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli (NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championships)
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Master Wato (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship)
Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. House of Torture (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) vs. United Empire (Great-O-Khan & Aaron Henare) (IWGP Tag Championship)
Lance Archer vs. Will Ospreay (Tournament Final to determine #1 Contender to IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Title)
David Finlay (c) (w/ Gedo) vs. El Phantasmo (NEVER Openweight Championship)
Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Jeff Cobb (NJPW World Television Championship)
Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA (c) vs. TJP & Francesco Akira (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships)
TAKA Michinoku, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi & DOUKI vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, BUSHI & Titán)
Kickoff Show — Young Lion Hat-trick Challenge: Oskar Leube vs. Ryohei Oiwa, Boltin Oleg & Yuto Nakashima

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Power Windows posted:

*bursts into thread wearing beige trenchcoat and tossing notepad to my assistant* I WANT THE NAME OF EVERY PERSON WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE IN MASTER WATO

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That thread has a gem of stuff that only became more relevant 3 years later

Low Desert Punk posted:

i hope the rest of naito's career is just his friends turning on him and beating his rear end one by one

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It's my njpw match of the year so far I think.

Mentally I'm not sure I'm prepared for Master Wato to have a match better than Omega vs Ospreay or Okada vs Takagi. I mean, through Night 6 of BOSJ I've got Master Wato with 2 matches at ***¾, the 4 way from Wrestle Kingdom & his singles with Atsuki Aoyagi from the All Star Junior Festival. The first match featured Ishimori, Hiromu & Despy, the 2nd match featured my #4 Wrestler of the Year through the 1st 5 months. I am extremely fascinated to get to the Finals.

I really hope Finlay vs El P doesn't go 25 minutes. Also bummed that they injected House of Torture into the Tag Title match. The only wrestler I want to watch less than EVIL right now is Yujiro. On the other hand, Archer vs Ospreay is a fascinating match up, Jet Setters vs Catch 22 should be great, Zack vs Cobb will be great barring injury & the main event is a big question mark & I mean that in a good way, in a way that's quite exciting. We've never seen Tsuji in a position remotely like this, headlining one of the biggest shows of the New Japan year. His first match in Japan since August 2021, where he wrestled in front of 690 people in Korakuen Hall. And it's a huge thing for SANADA too, his first title defence against a Heavyweight, again, it's Dominion, how will he draw? How will he take to the pressure of being the marquee name? Obviously they've helped him out with a show that has almost every New Japan title being defended except the women's (shame they couldn't fit Mayu on there but I suppose there's been no build for anything). It's very interesting.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Also bummed that they injected House of Torture into the Tag Title match.

I'm glad they added UE after Aussie Open dropped out at least. I hope Bishamon prevails!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Working my way though BosJ and Mike Bailey really lays those kicks in, huh? Never heard anyone complain about working with him though.

Oh yeah I loved that he cut a Kenny Omega promo after his match with Hiromu

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

apophenium posted:

Working my way though BosJ and Mike Bailey really lays those kicks in, huh? Never heard anyone complain about working with him though.

Oh yeah I loved that he cut a Kenny Omega promo after his match with Hiromu

He left toe marks on some folks! Most notably in his last match in the tournament.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJeff posted:

btw Sanada posted a clean version of his theme on instagram I guess and it made it to youtube. Assuming I'm not the only one that cares about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtC--jxScR4

It's been on Youtube for 15 years at least already!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

That thread has a gem of stuff that only became more relevant 3 years later

On my birthday, Low Desert Punk. On my birthday. :(

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/43cRZVV.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good, I have been saying for years now that LIJ's absence of a Werewolf Meteor Man was an unforgivable oversight, only slightly alleviated by the presence of DRAMATIC PEACOCK LUNATIC, and now all is right with the world.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/taigaPhoto_pw/status/1664966356671008769?t=c_uLeGKSdVVbhKXMvwN4Zw&s=19

Now that is a handsome mainevent

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tsuji. Tsuji. Tsuji. TSUJI. TSUJI. TSUJI. TSUJI.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sad to hear that Tsuji is bad now. Oh well I was going for SANADA anyway :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I mean he's handsome but is he IWGP champ handsome?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

I mean he's handsome but is he IWGP champ handsome?

Tetsuya Naito was IWGP champion though

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

forkboy84 posted:

Tetsuya Naito was IWGP champion though

Tsuji will be yelled at random volumes and intonations by a chorus of a million unsynchronised women while a lone Rarity tries to Sa Na Da

TSUUUUJIIIIITSUUUUUJITsUuuuuuJIiii

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

They can't ever take the title off Sanada because he's the only one with the magic handsome superpowers to make that belt look good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh no guess he's going to have to be champ forever what a shame

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
SANADA wins and Naito wins the G1. Let's go!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Strawberry Panda posted:

Probably.

But also.

TSUJI! TSUJI! TSUJI! TSUJI!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I could see them having Naito beat Sanada during the G1 and getting the fall defense and going with a 1st time winner of the G1

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Sanada can't be a transitional champ forever. This is Tsuji's time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah, it seems like they're very much trying to make J5G vs LIJ the big driving story for the last part of the year.

But still!

BUSHI
Hiromu
Takagi
Titan
Tsuji
y
Naito

LOS INGOBERRRRRNABLES

DE

JA

-PON!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, it seems like they're very much trying to make J5G vs LIJ the big driving story for the last part of the year.

But still!

BUSHI
Hiromu
Takagi
Titan
Tsuji
y
Naito

LOS INGOBERRRRRNABLES

DE

JA

-PON!

Hmm I have it on good authority though that they already die...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Hmm I have it on good authority though that they already die...

Hmmm, and that means we need somebody to take over, preferably they would have already done so just to ease the transition.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Relax guys, tranquilo.... assen na yo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh Okada :allears:

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1665018776620769286

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Every day Okada reminds us all why he's one of the all-time-greats and perhaps the greatest professional wrestler who has ever lived. :allears:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dickhead Okada is the best Okada

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, I have zero memory of Claudio and Nak being tag champs together

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

Okada got him mixed up with Sheamus.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Wiki says it was a 6 month period during the COVID/no-fans era of WWE, right before Claudio's last year in the company, so no memory is probably the amount of memory that deserved

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Okada got him mixed up with Sheamus.

Apparently not. July to Oct 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Our long national nightmare is coming to a close: Gino will Be back on commentary in a few short hours