Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Here’s a good tip Harvey.

Don’t take dating advice from goons.

Also don’t take social advice from them either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

You might get less edge lords in the pet forum, but no guarantees since you're kind of a local celebrity now.

I think the last time I was in the pet forum I wound up buying live scorpions from a goon via the mail.

Out of morbid curiosity I have to ask what you needed live scorpions for.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

PurpleXVI posted:

Erections, duh

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

Pets!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hello OP, it’s me again. :wave: Did you know in that in this day and age you can be anything you want? You can even be an animal! The only limit is how much poo poo you’re willing to put up with from other people. It’s not too different from your time except that thanks to the internet you can find weirdos who will be supportive about anything, so whatever it is you want to do you might as well go for it.

Anyway, here’s a video of a dude being a dog for you to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeq8vyxEIrI

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Hey OP, you ever go crazy in prison? You seem well-adjusted and level headed. I just ask because I've gone crazy a few times just because of work stress and depression. I'm usually fine but in prison I can't even imagine surviving a year due to my mental health and stress over getting beat up and/or raped.

How was prison for the mentally ill? I'm not just talking about the crazies, but depressed people, people with anxiety and such. How was your mental health (if you don't mind talking about it) and what were the services like?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

wesleywillis posted:

Post the cat.

While this would be great, please make sure you strip out any location data before you post photos. This thread can tell you how.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hey zoo zoos. I heard that to "succeed" in a prison social environment you've got to have a thing you do or contribute.

Like, tattoo or brew hooch, shift dope, make things, provide a service, etc.

Did you find this to be true and if so, what was your thing or things?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I think my thing would be you could pay me a cigarette to remember any song and sing it back to you in my best approximation of the original singers voice. A sort of lovely human jukebox.

You think that would be a good one?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

His thing was snacks. I would like to know how you build a snack empire in prison

The Bible
May 8, 2010

OldAlias posted:

you don’t need to use an app to date. I’ve never needed to use one. apps are one way people connect, but they have the problem of having too many people with anxious-avoidant attachment styles, as the more normal people will partner off and then not need to use the service for a while

I’ve known a few ex cons who did some serious time and they didn’t seem to have trouble dating. there’s gonna be people who are attracted to you because you’ve been to prison. Body dysmorphia sucks poo poo tho, but at least others won’t have the same perceptions you do of you. you don’t gotta rush this stuff tho, I’m sure you’ll find someone with time in any case

You can both have body dysmorphia and be hideous.

:(

Seriously. gently caress going outside, outside is bullshit.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 3, 2023

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
you can also be hideous and find love. just ask your dad

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

you can also be hideous and find love. just ask your dad

My dad was a piece of poo poo no one ever loved him. He died from liver cancer and the world is better for it.

Post the cat.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cessna posted:

welp, I'll pass.

so wait do you think you catch the chomo by playing the game?

Does that mean that by considering it you were considering being a chomo?

BadFilmBestFilm
Jun 2, 2021
If you're looking to meet people, romantically or otherwise, meetup.com is a much better option than dating apps Harv (though it can depend on population density where you live).

Essentially, groups of people organise events in reality. Which can be for anything - shared interests or just to be around people who want to be around other people. It's a solid option when you feel ready to get out and make new connections.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Regarde Aduck posted:

so wait do you think you catch the chomo by playing the game?

Does that mean that by considering it you were considering being a chomo?

associating with them is not good for your standing and health inside from everything i have seen, there's no "but i just do x with the chomos". nobody cares.

usual caveat, i have never done time, i've just done a lot of outreach. so if an actual inmate contradicts me throw my post out the window where it belongs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i feel bad for people who have to live in places that require a car to get anywhere

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
that guy is clearly walking check mate greenailure

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

i took my first rideshare yesterday. i had to run a bunch of errands in town and cousin todd was busy so he ordered me an uber ride.
it was cool, the first driver was a nice lady who said she had somewhere around 10,000 trips. dang that's a lot.

the second guy drove a tesla and wow what a car that was. it wasn't completely self driving but it was still cool. too bad it's elon musk's thing though haha what a jackass that guy is.

we had a long drive back to the country and we talked about all sorts of stuff. he said i could text him directly whenever i'm in town.

the only car i ever had was a 1978 ford fiesta and man was that a piece of crap but i loved it. i bought it for 400 bucks and the person who sold it to me only used it as a place to keep firewood haha. it took forever to get all the ants out.

i don't have a license only a state id but i'll get one someday

cars have come a long way haven't they

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

today was my first half-day at my new job. it was good. my boss is stern but fair in his words and his priority is safety so that's cool. the coworker i'll be around most is a guy in his early 30s named scooter. he seems like a sweetly funny guy.

i didn't do much, just got a tour of the place and we went over safety rules. i drove a tractor with a front end loader around and moved a few piles of stuff.

if someone sees something they want to keep, we can. if 2 people see it, they have to decide who gets it by rolling dice, rock paper scissors, or something like that. if more than that want something, we auction it off and the money goes into a fund to have a cookout twice a year. so it really seems like a nice and chill job.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

and here's the kitty, miss priss. my mom started calling her 'miss sassy pants fussy britches' so maybe that will stick haha

cousin todd took the pictures and wiped the data and sent me the links

she's incredibly soft. she has been sleeping during the day but i hear her exploring at night. she likes to open the bathroom cabinets. she snores really loudly haha

hang on i hosed up the links

ok todd fixed them

harveys zoo zoos fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 3, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Yay kitty pics!!

E: She looks kinda like my cousin's cat. All white cats look alike?

Nice pics, and very nice kitty.

Tell her some random internet weirdo says "meow meow meow".

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 3, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What a pretty kitty cat.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
https://youtu.be/dZ9aAQPYdMk?t=5

"thats one fuckin nice kitty right there".

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

https://youtu.be/dZ9aAQPYdMk?t=5

"thats one fuckin nice kitty right there".

Yup

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
PISS

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 5, 2023

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Chinatown posted:

Profoundly blessed thread.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Sounds good Harvey! Congrats

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
thats a great cat man glad your job is going okay so far too

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i love your white cat change the name to goku tia

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

harveys zoo zoos posted:

today was my first half-day at my new job. it was good. my boss is stern but fair in his words and his priority is safety so that's cool.

Man you have absolutely lucked into it if this guy means what he says, a boss that actually values safety over speed is worth gold and deserves to be praised.

Also your cat is adorable, hope you keep her happy and she keeps you happy.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Chinatown posted:

Profoundly blessed thread.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Miss Priss looks like an A+++ catte. She looks like she's settling in with you pretty well.

Also good to hear that your job seems to be working out okay so far. Hope you can ease into it slowly and work out problems as they come up. There's going to be a whole lot of assumed knowledge you don't have and ideally everyone can be chill as you learn that stuff.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

This story is just too much for me man. I feel so loving bad for doubting the validity of this.

God Im so sorry.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
holy poo poo that is an amazing cat

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
your cat rules buddy

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I love miss priss, thank you for posting her

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

harveys zoo zoos posted:

and here's the kitty, miss priss. my mom started calling her 'miss sassy pants fussy britches' so maybe that will stick haha

cousin todd took the pictures and wiped the data and sent me the links

she's incredibly soft. she has been sleeping during the day but i hear her exploring at night. she likes to open the bathroom cabinets. she snores really loudly haha

hang on i hosed up the links

ok todd fixed them

Oh man shes such a sweety.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Miss Priss is so cute! Glad to hear things are going well. As for modern cars, they even surprise me. I use things 'til they fall apart and I've been rocking my 2009 Dodge Calibre for a long time and want to believe it'll last forever. I get that new cars have touchscreens and cameras and such but they're all too much for me. I like the chunky nature of my ride even if I know some of the amenities are useful and I'm sure mileage is superior nowadays. I always seem to end up in super clean, new cars when I take an Uber and it feels weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004