Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought the gimmick for TOTK was that it would have a mix of Link and Zelda as playable. Tbh I still thought it was likely until this very moment because I'm only half way through the game or less.

Either way I'm neutral on it. I like playing as link. Feels familiar. Playing as Zelda would be cool too I guess. Tbh I don't care about the characters in these games nearly enough to have a strong opinion on it. They don't exactly have a lot of personality lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jose posted:

upgrading armour seems way harder/more expensive in this game than botw but it could just be my imagination. just the amount/what items are needed

just trying to farm fire and ice lizalfos tails alone is driving me fuckin batty

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

the zora temple boss fight was good. i've seen people criticize the lack of water beyond the sage ability in the final arena but imo that's the point. it got me to build a spinning water spraying roomba during one boss vulnerablity phase, which is the only time i've done that midfight so far, and it actually worked really well.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Jose posted:

upgrading armour seems way harder/more expensive in this game than botw but it could just be my imagination. just the amount/what items are needed

I feel like I had an easier time in BOTW because I could upgrade the slate for the item finder sensor comparatively early on. It's trickier tracking down lizards and butterflies without it pinging me.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mercury Hat posted:

I feel like I had an easier time in BOTW because I could upgrade the slate for the item finder sensor comparatively early on. It's trickier tracking down lizards and butterflies without it pinging me.

The wind temple is insanely easy, and the boss literally dies to any arrow attacks, not even specific bow strength.

It seems absolutely tailored to let people beat it without too much hassle within the first few game hours. The only thing you'd need is some decent armor, which means finding the great fairies but that sidequest is almost impossible to miss if you are exploring and seeking out stables.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What’s the best way to get rupees outside of dupe glitches?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pollyanna posted:

I've been funding a lot of my game by using poes to buy clothes I'll never use and selling them off for 600 a pop.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Hit up those caves with lots of ore deposits, talus, you know who in the depths, etc. Get those delicious gems!!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

I would say that the best way is to not focus on it and just play the game and have fun. Money is abundant and just comes naturally while exploring and completing quests. The journey is the reward!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Pollyanna posted:

I'm often too lazy to go to the gerudo lady in Goron town to sell gems to, but Ive been cooking 5 prime or 5 gourmet meat skewers and it nets something like 135 rupees a piece, so I've just been murdering all flocks of deer and wolves I come across.

I think if you saved them all up for cooking during the blood moon you'd get way more money, too.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The Lightning Temple boss was really annoying

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Jose posted:

i just said gently caress it and started duping. the barbarian armor set requires that you kill 6 Lynels to get it to level two. gently caress that, I'll kill one and dupe the rest.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

The whole area around the actual stable on the way to the Rito village is surrounded with wolves, moose, and bear that drop gourmet meat. Ride around, jump off the mount into bullet time, headshot and collect. 5-10 minutes of this will give you a load of gourmet meat that sells for 315 rupees when cooked together, and a lot of prime meat that sells well too or you can use for a bulk of good healing food. There's lizals around that will die instantly to a fire arrow and drop bows so you don't have to use your good ones

Nothing else has come even close, gems work but are more annoying to farm and poes have much better uses

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I feel like people going "just explore, you'll have endless money!" are forgetting some people like to play by going to places they find interesting and beelining them instead of having to sweep every corner in search of food/ore. Pretty much the best legit way to make money is to find a place with multiple rare deposits, and savescum for good gems/diamonds, and at that point I'd just dupe them.

Anyways finally found all sky shrines, only 40 ground shrines left. Wondering whether to find all lightroots first or the other way around.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I feel like people going "just explore, you'll have endless money!" are forgetting some people like to play by going to places they find interesting and beelining them instead of having to sweep every corner in search of food/ore. Pretty much the best legit way to make money is to find a place with multiple rare deposits, and savescum for good gems/diamonds, and at that point I'd just dupe them.

Anyways finally found all sky shrines, only 40 ground shrines left. Wondering whether to find all lightroots first or the other way around.

Lightroots first imho, you can see all those from a great distance whereas most shrines you can't see even if you're standing on top of them

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Rare talus. There's several around Hyrule and they tend to drop lots of gems, including diamonds. Sell all the drops and it's well into the thousands of rupees. Fuse the part they drop for strong hammers to wipe out other talus enemies.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like to explore and smell the roses so naturally I'm flushed with resources and cash. I make a shitload of mighty banana foods and i still have more than 100 bananas. And when I noticed I dipped to 60 arrows I just went around to each stable and bought a shitload from beedle.

A lot of people's problems in this game are self created

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I feel like people going "just explore, you'll have endless money!" are forgetting some people like to play by going to places they find interesting and beelining them instead of having to sweep every corner in search of food/ore.

Are you saying you have to farm to go somewhere in the game? I guess if you're explicitly playing the game for the purpose of upgrading equipment then you would want to farm.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I think cooking 5 gourmet meat gives 315 rupees bloodmoon or not. Journey is the reward sure but after journeying for long enough to clear all shrines I still had to sell off a good chunk of my pantry to be able to complete the cold weather armor set etc.

Ok I also have probably 200+ gems but they're shiny. I can't just get rid of them.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Vanadium posted:

Ok I also have probably 200+ gems but they're shiny. I can't just get rid of them.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7237485354524151083

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Okay I’m on top of the light dragon. What exactly do I have to collect to make sure I never have to find this thing again?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ogmius815 posted:

Okay I’m on top of the light dragon. What exactly do I have to collect to make sure I never have to find this thing again?

Stand on it for like thirty minutes and watch where it goes. Then memorize that flight path and warp around to towers and hunt for them again on the next time you need something.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

i just said gently caress it and started duping. the barbarian armor set requires that you kill 6 Lynels to get it to level two. gently caress that, I'll kill one and dupe the rest.

I've fought way more than 6 Lynels just for fun. Fighting one and being done with lmao why even upgrade if that's how you're playing

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Ogmius815 posted:

1 Master Sword primarily

Also 2x each material (talon, fang, horn, scale) to upgrade the champion's leathers, and another 1x each to upgrade the botw shirt but I don't think there's any strong reason to do that.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Stand on it for like thirty minutes and watch where it goes. Then memorize that flight path and warp around to towers and hunt for them again on the next time you need something.

Instead of memorizing it, just take a screenshot of the hero's path view afterwards. :effort:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

How can I harvest the claws and fangs without falling off?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Ogmius815 posted:

It's entirely possible to shoot the respective body parts, grab the material before/just as it turns into a physics object and starts falling, and catch the updraft and get back on the dragon.

It's just pretty tricky and you're probably gonna accidentally activate the wind sage's ability and ruin everything. It's probably easier if the dragon is ascending at the time?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Khanstant posted:

I've fought way more than 6 Lynels just for fun. Fighting one and being done with lmao why even upgrade if that's how you're playing

the combat in this game sucks and i want to do as little of it as possible

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Isn't the Light Dragon's loop like 2 hours, opposed to the other dragons' 30 minutes? If you're riding it for that long to map it out, you might as well grab all the materials from it along the way.

Ogmius815 posted:

If you're quick and precise about it you can jump off, grab the materials before they shoot away, and float back on using the surrounding updraft.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Trillhouse posted:

the combat in this game sucks and i want to do as little of it as possible

lol gotta max out that gear for all the fights you avoid

Spanish Manlove posted:

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

armor has very little value for getting through combat as quickly as possible and is mostly useful for when you're trying to style on an enemy with a specific trick. the correct "i don't want to do this" answer to every fight in the game is slow motion machinegunning arrows with bombs/bones attached into everything's face

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Can you place a warp medallion on a dragon

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

It’s a great game but some choices are dumb. For example, getting enough dragon parts is even worse than in BotW, where it sucked.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Potassium Problems posted:

lol gotta max out that gear for all the fights you avoid

i want to maximize my killing power so the unavoidable fights are over with as fast as possible.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

"Sir, this is the Bedrock Bistro."

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I have played at most two hours a day since launch, most days less than that. I have found that I’m not getting burned out at all as a result. Would suggest.

I’ve been muddling through some of the hateno village side quests. Right now my main objective is to find a place to make a Pizza.

this game's greatest crime is that it doesn't let you drop fully-cooked meals
RIP to the dream of the pizza shield

RVWinkle posted:

Are you saying you have to farm to go somewhere in the game? I guess if you're explicitly playing the game for the purpose of upgrading equipment then you would want to farm.

there are several locations in the game where you really want to have cold/heat/flame resistance armor, which, if you got to those places early while link is poor, you need to then go grind rupees to buy. or pick up a hundred bugs and make bag full of elixirs i guess

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 3, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Verdugo posted:

"Wow, after duping everything, pirating the game and running mods this game is borinnnggggggg!". Maybe play it as intended and then give an opinion. But not every game is for everyone.

*Dupes 50000 diamonds*. Wow this game economy sucks!

I also agree with this post and that's partly because the post they're quoting is very dumb.

Also some of y'all are turning this game into work and you seem miserable!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
both of those posts are pretty dumb in different ways imho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Trillhouse posted:

i want to maximize my killing power so the unavoidable fights are over with as fast as possible.

Fighting monsters just gives you stuff for fighting more monsters what the gently caress are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Spanish Manlove posted:

Fighting monsters just gives you stuff for fighting more monsters what the gently caress are you doing?

i'm doing quests and exploring. and sometimes you have to fight monsters to advance quests or to explore.