Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I can't successfully log in now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
i keep holdof blood mist corpse explosion pieces even when theyre getting out statted until i get another one to imprint bcos its worth more than the stat increases lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm sad that mercenaries are not in Diablo IV, and I hope they come back in a future update.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

The DLSS in this game is really really good

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
also just lol at buying cosmetics when the base transmogs are already rad

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

just had lightning/ice sorc all come together at once with aspects, gear rolls, and spec

it feels like i broke the game

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Blizzard: the campaign is 50 hours and most players should be level 40-50 by the time they finish it

Chadstryl: level 32 and 18 hours in

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

rap music posted:

just had lightning/ice sorc all come together at once with aspects, gear rolls, and spec

it feels like i broke the game

This is what arpgs are all about

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Stux posted:

you get infinite use imprints from dungeons and it takes 1 second to do, and they give really useful effects early game. just denying free power for no reason

You can’t imprint willy nilly whole leveling because you will run out of mats quickly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astryl posted:

Blizzard: the campaign is 50 hours and most players should be level 40-50 by the time they finish it

Chadstryl: level 32 and 18 hours in

That was about the same for me. Level 42 though.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

fknlo posted:

Same. Stuck at start game pending

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kaddish posted:

You can’t imprint willy nilly whole leveling because you will run out of mats quickly.

Lots of builds have defining imprints you can get decently early, just have it on someone always.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Finally done with Act 1 at level 34

Didn't even do all the dungeons. I guess I might start skipping side quests now? They've been pretty cool though

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Lots of builds have defining imprints you can get decently early, just have it on someone always.

Yes, and if you want that build defining aspect on a primary weapon or armor that isn't a ring or amulet, you eventually have to decide if you want current ilevel gear or the imprint because the mats just aren't there to re-imprint every 3 levels. This seems to be much more restrictive after like level 30, as I didn't have a problem before that. Now the mats are very very rare and I suspect, or hope, it's something I'll have better access to at endgame.

This is also why I'm kicking myself in the rear end not knowing about the rogue bow thing: any build defining aspect should go on a bow in a melee build and then just not touch it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay just accidentally learned that if you click right stick button on the skill tree it expands to fullscreen lol

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I didn't watch the video (feeding kids) but got a notification and sharing it here so goons can be degenerate

https://youtu.be/J37SqdD1bRM

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

fknlo posted:

Same.

You on PlayStation?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Also also, if you find a kickass imprint that is drop only, just put it in your stash for endgame. I made the mistake of re-imprinting a nice one (let's me use shadow step twice, recharges on kill etc) and now I have to get it to drop again. Should have just waited and used it after gear stabilized a bit.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there a queue now? Mine started at 15 minutes 10 minutes a go and now it's at 16 minutes.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

bamhand posted:

Is there a queue now? Mine started at 15 minutes 10 minutes a go and now it's at 16 minutes.

I had a 3 minute queue that counted down with no issue and then got stuck at "start game pending" for the last 20-30 minutes.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

For those having trouble logging in, it's a known issue -
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1665069466282250240

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I can't for the life of me get the twisting blades rogue build to click with me. The flurry build, on the other hand, owns hard.

Up to Act V now and I definitely was not expecting to get into the story as much as I have; they really nailed the characters and voice acting this go around.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Missionary Positron posted:

I can't for the life of me get the twisting blades rogue build to click with me.

It's kinda hard to play for me but super fun when you get it working. Shadowstep, stab x3, dash repeat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

The DLSS in this game is really really good

Yeah! On 3.0 i'm able to play at max settings allowed and am getting 144fps (max for my monitor).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Internet Explorer posted:

So note to self; do not log out.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm not even using DLSS because it's not needed. Will be nice to have when they add raytracing.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Entered a cellar and got stuck in a forever loading screen.

Closed the game and now I'm stuck in a forever queue.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Cyrano4747 posted:

oh man I just got my golem skill as Necro and goddamn, I need to have fully half my skill bar for summons.

Feels bad man, they really need to give you multiple skill bars.

Yeah, they'll probably be retuning this. Most classes have uber builds but none of the powerful necro builds are coming close to them yet. Wasting skills slots on minions is dumb and bad and dumb.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Internet Explorer posted:

So the real server slam was weekend warriors

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Punkreas posted:

Entered a cellar and got stuck in a forever loading screen.

Closed the game and now I'm stuck in a forever queue.

I had this happen earlier and now when I try and log in it's giving me a 30+ minute queue. I wonder if they decreased the number of people allowed temporarily as part of trying to address the other issues.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

I said come in! posted:

So note to self; do not log out.

I looked more out of curiosity since my pc runs it well enough as is. But just clicking the quality setting bumped up the framerate by over 30% with absolutely zero change in image. Even with ultra performance it still looks really good.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I did not have login issues but the game has started freezing on opening my inventory. Sometimes.

People already mentioned the aspect effects are the lowest roll and now that I can compare, I see the difference can be huge. Aspect of retribution is 20% from the dungeon but the 1h that dropped ages ago is 35%.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yah, it just says 2 min queue forever. I quit and restarted and it got to starting game, but never started.

It's hosed up rn.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Do the enhancement bonuses (for example: 50% higher skill bonus when applied to amulet) for aspects also apply to the codex ones (but not get shown for some reason) or are those randomly rolled/universally applied for gear-related aspects only?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Finished campaign today. Was hoping Neyrelle would do the needful and shove the soulstone into her arm stub to make a sick hell-arm cannon but she just hosed off to Monk DLC-land instead. Could not take Donan's death seriously at all. You're in hell and you are mortally wounded by a pillar? Ok dude.

Really digging the Tree of Whispers implementation. Can you keep grinding after you fill the payout bar or are you forced to cash in to not waste points?

Having fun on my barb now that I have a semblance of a real build, do not recommend playing them early game in T2 at all. Probably going to start with a ranged character in season 1.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 3, 2023

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Do the enhancement bonuses (for example: 50% higher skill bonus when applied to amulet) for aspects also apply to the codex ones (but not get shown for some reason) or are those randomly rolled/universally applied for gear-related aspects only?

They should yea. It's just that codex ones are always min roll

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Diephoon posted:

Finished campaign today. Was hoping Neyrelle would do the needful and shove the soulstone into her arm stub to make a sick hell-arm cannon but she just hosed off to Monk DLC-land instead.

Really digging the Tree of Whispers implementation. Can you keep grinding after you fill the payout bar or are you forced to cash in to not waste points?

Having fun on my barb now that I have a semblance of a real build, do not recommend playing them early game in T2 at all. Probably going to start with a ranged character in season 1.

I'm rolling point blank barrage rogue and having a good time in T3 with minimal gear

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i want a paladin/monk class so loving badly :(

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Stux posted:

you get infinite use imprints from dungeons and it takes 1 second to do, and they give really useful effects early game. just denying free power for no reason

I should double check which ones are available. Only really sought out 1 (and it rocks), but my luck with natural dropped legendaries fuckin suck, none of them work for my build or are good enough that I'd want to dick around and build around them.

Which is weird, because I didn't have problems with that as sorc on beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

note a bunch of the uniques are dogshit bad so you'll probably have a couple per class that may be good but much like every arpg, there are a bunch of poo poo ones too.

gearing is kinda meh so far. For anyone looking for POE style of character growth it wont be found here thats for sure.

still having fun but that lack of depth will probably make it enjoyable for maybe a season or two