Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Annabel Pee posted:

I think this was by far the funniest season. Rewatched some of the older ones afterwards and they are still great but some almost feel too normal, its like the style has got more evolved now with each sketch going on level further.

I can't get the ponytail sketch out of my head. The random cigar photos and then you see he's just been texting them to the guy. The scream after she says it wont hurt, "why are you screaming?" "oh i thought you said it WOULD hurt". So good

I thought you said with hurting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
DE2ROIT flopped in Detroit so I'm not surprised they're sleeping on ITYSL now too.

Was glad to see Chrissy Cramblin show up in this season

edit: I can't find a clip of her rushing to explain to people at a funeral to not comment and just move on at a funeral when the deceased is propped up swith smokes and wine or whatever lol. but here's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfK7BM0fWI

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 3, 2023

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
The guy playing opposite Tim Meadows isn't getting enough recognition. Him listing off industry insiders no one cares about and his silly dance that makes Tim so outrageously angry had me crying laughing on my second watch

He's up there with focus group guy and Doug from Dan Flashes for me

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

pretty soft girl posted:

The guy playing opposite Tim Meadows isn't getting enough recognition. Him listing off industry insiders no one cares about and his silly dance that makes Tim so outrageously angry had me crying laughing on my second watch

The repeated L had me howling.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/239038513000087553/1114209912935960586/pay_it_forward_rapgod.mp4

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

:perfect:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

It says a lot of this show’s quality that it has a single 90-minute season every two years but it’s spawned multiple widely-used memes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Loving the use of Chicago font on the menu screen, another weird nod to the 80s-era Mac aesthetic

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

pretty soft girl posted:

i couldn't place where i'd seen him before and then i realized i hadn't seen him, he just looks a lot like michael jeter, a man who has been dead for 20 years

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

that’s a nude egg I won from my game, I’m not in trouble at all

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's okay. You're okay. Everybody farts. I just slammed both my hands down, squoze, and I farted.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Don't say you were jacking off when you were at club haunted house.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
You were jacking off for FIFTEEN MINUTES?!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He said you had a face like a clock.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

pretty soft girl posted:

i love doug. YOU shut the gently caress up mike i’ll kill ya!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

love the way doug says dan flashes

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

:ck5::ck5::ck5::ck5::ck5:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

No, it doesn't have the 155 taters on the drive thru screen at the end.

god maybe I'm just that guy, huh?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Seems quite likely that this show is the one referred to here. Netflix/union stuff being lovely once again.

https://twitter.com/lukebarnett/status/1664850604731121666

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Seems quite likely that this show is the one referred to here. Netflix/union stuff being lovely once again.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/ScottGreenMagic/status/1665090022301741060?s=20

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It’s a testament to the guest stars that either 1) they love working with Tim 2) it’s for the love of the game.

They should still be paid appropriately though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I was thinking this morning about how some of my favorite sketches exist without Tim in them at all.

The back off banana breath sketch is so goddamn funny and the end where the guy angrily defends his sketch is perfect. Those two actors are so drat good.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I always like the no-Tim sketches because the first minute is about guessing who is the crazy one. When you see Tim, you sort of know it's going to come from him. Except in that dinner sketch with the professor which is one of my favourites.

Patti was underused this season she should be in every episode.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Conner O'Malley is really in top form with the Frankenstein's Chick sketch. I've never seen him try to emote sadness before and it's just as unhinged and hilarious as his other material.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The little dance he does before saying “FRANKENSTEIN’S CHICK” is next level funny

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

the “you don’t have friends” guy is perfect, too

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

roomtone posted:

Yeah I always like the no-Tim sketches because the first minute is about guessing who is the crazy one. When you see Tim, you sort of know it's going to come from him. Except in that dinner sketch with the professor which is one of my favourites.

Patti was underused this season she should be in every episode.

Well, the guy on the plane is a "Normal-Tim" sketch, along with the focus group, and one of the ones at a party. It was this season, but I forget which sketch specifically.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I think Connor O'Malley would have been a good fit for the driving crooner sketch.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Well, your friend paid for him to be here as a joke at a low, low, low price point. And at that price point, at Stable of Stars Netflix, he can hit.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, the guy on the plane is a "Normal-Tim" sketch, along with the focus group, and one of the ones at a party. It was this season, but I forget which sketch specifically.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I found this Tim sketch on my feed from something called "Michael Bolton's Big Sexy Valentine's Day Special". It feels like ITYSL material, I might have to watch the whole thing some time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyUWaI06xvM

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Scott Aukerman directed that. It's pretty funny honestly.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Speaking of Aukerman, when Tim was on Comedy Bang Bang after the first season of ITYSL, the bit where he records his wife's response to him asking "Do you like to laugh?" is one of my all-time favorite CBB bits.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRasKgMxmRU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Lmfao she sounds so tired of his bullshit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Tim Robinson's episode on the Characters (also on Netflix) feels very much like an ITYSL prototype too. Some gags are even reused from it, barely modified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Kuiperdolin posted:

Tim Robinson's episode on the Characters (also on Netflix) feels very much like an ITYSL prototype too. Some gags are even reused from it, barely modified.

i’m surprised no one has said “paint job” in this show yet