Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Haha, suck it poors, I paid my extra $20 and I am already sitting in a queue two days early!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

How do you upgrade gems to higher levels? Is it tied to your character level?

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
after 60 hours these first few days i just don't know if this game is for me!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Deki posted:

I should double check which ones are available. Only really sought out 1 (and it rocks), but my luck with natural dropped legendaries fuckin suck, none of them work for my build or are good enough that I'd want to dick around and build around them.

Which is weird, because I didn't have problems with that as sorc on beta.

Legendary drop rate was wayyy inflated for the beta

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

queeb posted:

note a bunch of the uniques are dogshit bad so you'll probably have a couple per class that may be good but much like every arpg, there are a bunch of poo poo ones too.

gearing is kinda meh so far. For anyone looking for POE style of character growth it wont be found here thats for sure.

still having fun but that lack of depth will probably make it enjoyable for maybe a season or two

I haven't seen one that is dogshit bad. I've had ones that were just kind of there, and I didn't mind grinding them down for mats, but they weren't actively bad or anything.

I'm still in the story though.

Edit - Oh you said uniques. I haven't seen any of those yet but if there are a lot bad ones, that sucks.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 3, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

smoobles posted:

How do you upgrade gems to higher levels? Is it tied to your character level?

gem person will do it, they are locked by level

im hoping they have a cube at some point cuz wandering around towns is annoying

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’m a level 12ish lightning landslide Druid and it’s pretty fun. Whack a few guys then mow down a whole group with 2 AOE spells. Game is fun!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
LET ME IIIIIIINNNNN

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Kaddish posted:

LET ME IIIIIIINNNNN

You are now in the 9 minute queue to enter the 22 minute queue to enter the 39 minute queue. QQ.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Like paying extra to sit in a queue

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don’t get why blizzard still hasn’t implemented a gem bag after all these years. Especially with the slotted inventory system they have now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/hidden-rare-items

This is cool, and was news to me. Basically special "unique" rare items that drop from named mobs and can roll special affixes. They can still be enchanted and imprinted like normal.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't believe they don't let you keep the dog

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

goferchan posted:

https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/hidden-rare-items

This is cool, and was news to me. Basically special "unique" rare items that drop from named mobs and can roll special affixes. They can still be enchanted and imprinted like normal.

That Darkblade looks right up my alley.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

We should be able to link waypoints in chat…

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Kaddish posted:

That Darkblade looks right up my alley.

More like dorkblade.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Astryl posted:

More like dorkblade.

Rude!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

rap music posted:

it feels like i broke the game

When do I break the game as a ranged rogue :smith: I'm level 40 and I don't master anything that requires me to kill fast enough. I just got a legendary bow and I felt above the curve for about a level. I'm watching a streamer play with a melee rogue build and he's melting everything. Seems like I should have went with sorc if I wanted to play ranged.

Missionary Positron posted:

they really nailed the characters and voice acting this go around.

Except that 1 female VA voices like 30% of the side quests. I just finished a cool quest where I was helping a priestess exorcize people. After I finished that quest line the next side quest I did was the same VA and kind of robbed how cool I thought the previous quest was.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ranged rogue isnt very good yeah, even the puncture build which is supposedly good for pushing endgame looks like rear end to play

rogue should have been melee and there should have been a separate ranged class. not enough melee skill choice on a rogue, you're basically only twisting blades for real endgame damage

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

queeb posted:

ranged rogue isnt very good yeah, even the puncture build which is supposedly good for pushing endgame looks like rear end to play

rogue should have been melee and there should have been a separate ranged class. not enough melee skill choice on a rogue, you're basically only twisting blades for real endgame damage

Yeah but you can choose to imbue them with shadow OR poison. The possibilities are endless.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
what's everyone leveling their necro with? I did the standard bone spear build and it was alright and am trying out the blight/decompose one and I'm not sure if I like it yet. My dudes die constantly

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Kaddish posted:

Yeah but you can choose to imbue them with shadow OR poison. The possibilities are endless.

and yet the top builds dont even use imbuements, so even that is a possibility! haha

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How much knowledge of enemy/boss gimmicks is required to not die? If I get this I was planning on starting in hardcore, but I don't want to waste my time starting over and over if there are enemy attacks that will kill you without the inside knowledge needed to avoid it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

queeb posted:

and yet the top builds dont even use imbuements, so even that is a possibility! haha

For real? What are they using instead? Poison trap?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I almost thought we could make it to Monday night before we ran into login issues. Had a good start though.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
How well does couch coop for PS5 play? Split screen? Some games (Children of Morta) have abysmal coop despite the underlying game being fantastic. I'm just looking for something to nerd out with family game time. I understand it is a bit tricky with the early access period so more curious about full release.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

How much knowledge of enemy/boss gimmicks is required to not die? If I get this I was planning on starting in hardcore, but I don't want to waste my time starting over and over if there are enemy attacks that will kill you without the inside knowledge needed to avoid it.

I would say that I wouldn't want to play this game on HC the first go-round, even if I played other ARPGs on HC.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Kaddish posted:

For real? What are they using instead? Poison trap?

death trap and poison trap, poison for the knockdown, death for damage, twisting blades for damage and clear and cooldown resets

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
This is what I get for caving and tithing :10bux: :10bux: to play a week earlier.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

fknlo posted:

what's everyone leveling their necro with? I did the standard bone spear build and it was alright and am trying out the blight/decompose one and I'm not sure if I like it yet. My dudes die constantly

overpower blood surge and corpse explosion

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
also not in a queue, in game right now. skill issue

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm in a 20 minute queue :( This is the first time it's taken me more than a few seconds to login since the beta.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
dang i shouldn't have logged out earlier lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

I would say that I wouldn't want to play this game on HC the first go-round, even if I played other ARPGs on HC.

that, sadly, is the same conclusion I came to as well. not because of difficulty but because there's so, so much ultimately unimportant poo poo that would take a long time to redo if you died.

I suspect that once they start seasons up they'll make progressing new chars a bit less grinding

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

thats not candy posted:

dang i shouldn't have logged out earlier lol

My buddy just got kicked in the middle of a dungeon so idk if that would've helped.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

pmchem posted:

that, sadly, is the same conclusion I came to as well. not because of difficulty but because there's so, so much ultimately unimportant poo poo that would take a long time to redo if you died.

I suspect that once they start seasons up they'll make progressing new chars a bit less grinding

does hardcore not let you skip the campaign after first clear?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Internet Explorer posted:

pmchem posted:

Thanks, that is too bad. D3 was pretty fair where if you did not get overzealous with torment level you could control your fate pretty well, but in the time I played D4 during one of the betas it seemed like there were many more unavoidable stuns or other things that took your control away.

Do you at least unlock adventure mode equivalent for HC, or would you still need to play through the whole campaign again?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The enemies telegraph their moves way ahead of time or have a giant rear end marked ring or line. As long as you can see with your eyes and react appropriately then you’ll be okay. When those moves hit though they can absolutely pack a punch or in the case of a herd of goat men, stunlock you to death.

My buddy is doing his first play through as a tanky druid on T1 and even the butcher didn’t give him too much trouble. Just be careful.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Five minute queue.

Looks like they fixed a few things last night.
Disabled one quest due to issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
ive not even come anywhere close to dying at any point on necro and ive killed the butcher 3 times. it feels inline with other arpgs and significantly less lethal and unfair than like, poe