Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I don't remember that Adam Smith's invisible hand steered capitalists away from the market for petty politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Nenonen posted:

I don't remember that Adam Smith's invisible hand steered capitalists away from the market for petty politics.

I think the idea is that woke policies (anti-racism) have lead to increased crime (black people) so businesses are feeling the impact (black people stealing things) on their profits and are going to other, safer (white) places. So this is consistent with the invisible hand, which despite being invisible is also white as gently caress.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

My name is lutrally.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Xander77 posted:

My name is lutrally.

He's trying to convey a certain posh accent through eye dialect.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Microplastics posted:

What? I don't get this at all

Has there... been a spate of rainbows in America or something?

The first is the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a drag group that styles themselves after Catholic nuns. The LA Dodgers are giving/gave them some award

The second thing is: It's pride month

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ajkalan posted:

The "pillow bumpers" jab is nonsensical and sounds more like this guy wants Fido to get mulched in the street than whatever dumbass point he was trying to make.

Has Payne drawn a comic where you can understand him as being into killing puppies? Wtf that's monstrous! "Ha-ha but you know, what if we did run them over? Just for the laughs!"

From the past couple of days (I've been busy).

China Daily

US the biggest winner from Europe's energy crisis by Cai Meng

Seems like a missed opportunity to use national flowers/symbols

US' double standard by Zheng Huawei

Le Monde

Guerre en Ukraine : l’attaque des drones/Ukrainian War: Attack of the Drones by O-Sekoer from Belgium. The name seems to be a pun on 'Au Secours' or Save me!

by Urbs from France
Paris: 175 countries come together to discuss plastic pollution
Sign Reads: 9h00: Not easy 11h00 Tough 14h00 Complicated 18h00 Conclusion

Charlie Hebdo

Anti-fire Fight
"Don't stay out too long in the sun."

"The accused may rise."
"Again?"
A Catholic priest was sentenced to twenty years for pedophilia. I'll admit I laughed at this very easy punchline.

"Telephones help us connect with the people."

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

edit: Apparently it's from The Australian's letters section: "“It is easy for the armchair moralists sipping lattes in the safety of inner-city suburbs to lecture us on how soldiers should behave".

The soldiers who served alongside him literally came out to testify against him.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Xander77 posted:

My name is lutrally.
He's a littoral prince :dadjoke:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

US the biggest winner from Europe's energy crisis by Cai Meng

Seems like a missed opportunity to use national flowers/symbols

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Peter "Kingpin" Dutton.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the row over Boris Johnson’s Covid WhatsApps – Boris Johnson has bypassed ministers’ attempts to keep his unredacted messages secret by handing them over directly to the Covid inquiry"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Briton Riviere.

The i paper:

Times:

Joe Biden falls over on stage in Colorado

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

how many times have you joined the libertarian party, little girl

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

What? No, seriously, what?

Kellies Nomination: Most Nonsensical (I'd've called it Nonsense, This Is An Election Year, but it isn't)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rabbitgate reference? That's all I've got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLKiZJVNn9g

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

HootTheOwl posted:

The first is the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a drag group that styles themselves after Catholic nuns. The LA Dodgers are giving/gave them some award

The second thing is: It's pride month

It's more complicated than that.

Basically the Dodgers invited them as one of many groups that would perform at Dodgers Stadium during a Pride celebration. Then someone representing a church complained about them, so the Dodgers reflexively canceled their invite, which made everyone mad including the organizers of LA Pride, which would mean not being able to do the celebration. Several other teams dunked on the Dodgers by symbolically offering to host the Sisters before they realized how badly they hosed up and renewed their invitation. In a move that will probably make this so much worse, the Dodgers have announced "Faith and Family Night" on July 30th in an attempt to cater to "Both sides"

We'll all have to pretend to be surprised when they end up hosting a serial rapist/domestic terrorist on July 30th

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Angepain posted:

Joined? She's previously ran for office as their nominee! Probably more than once! :psyduck:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I love these because then right after you ask yourself
"How bad was the other guy that they lost to this"

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Which is the exact reason why they use his low numbers as proof that he couldn't have possibly won.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

It's the reason why :umberto: has to be an emoticon

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Bok, at least, is in the decrepit "you whippersnappers with your Trump and your Twitters! You should've run a reasonable Republican like we had in my day!" camp with Ramirez and, judging from recent output, Payne.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

This is the second cartoon warning us about Drag Baseball, something I didn't know I wanted until cartoons started warning me it was imminent.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What I like about these is his polls went down in 2021 (probably the Afghanistan exit) but since then they've held relatively steady at about 40%, which, while admittedly low, is not a downward trend.

It's also where Trump was most of the time.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 4, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The world will never forgive Joe Biden for the February 2020 Doha Agreement in Afghanistan. A low point in history alongside Barack Obama's response to 9/11.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Angepain posted:

Also, didn't the Libertarian Party go from "Repbulicans but we like weed" to being taken over by cranks and lunatics?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - Graceless Gospel

Dave Whamond

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MechaCrash posted:

Also, didn't the Libertarian Party go from "Repbulicans but we like weed" to being taken over by cranks and lunatics?

No.

They were cranks and lunatics all along.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

MechaCrash posted:

they have always been Republicans who like weed, yes.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
:nexus: Sinfest Sunday :nexus: In which Tats meanders through hell a bit longer to tell us that making things better for people who aren't you is bad actually. He also tries to make a point about representation that would work better if his comic wasn't lily-white. He then makes up his own bullshit about Target, before suddenly remembering that 'Nique has (had?) a girlfriend just so she can go "'Actually, gay people aren't marginalized anymore.' - a lesbian(?)' - a straight man." We end our week with some technicolour stochastic terrorism - against the very thing he made up.

At least we still have Pettyfest:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Fister Roboto posted:

No.

They were cranks and lunatics all along.

Never forget. :patriot:

Just to clarify, that is not a streaker interrupting the candidate's speech, it is the candidate's speech.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

He can't even bring himself to say "penis" or even "genitalia". And fun fact: One of the key things I was taught on a course about how to deal with kids being sexual abuse was that a key thing is ts to not use euphemism about genitalia when you talk with kids.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
That’s just a fat guy in underwear Tats. I guess Calvin Klein advertised their stuff with a fat guy? That’s not explicitly an LGTBQ thing but it is showing your rear end on the end goal here.

But showing your entire rear end online is just your brand at this point.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

:nexus: Sinfest Sunday :nexus:
Depicting anti-woke people in hell as correct, then implying fighting for the oppressed sends you to hell, using unironic "Moloch" poo poo, having a lesbian say "wow u betrayed me" because her friend had a rainbow flag, writing a gay woman insisting that gay people aren't oppressed (according to a straight dude), using the phrase "colored people"... he's getting worse every single day. In a year's time Ishida's whole comic is just going to be a single character screaming "JEWS JEWS JEWS" for 40 days straight.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yes, author insert voice of reason, why ARE you here?

quote:

Yeah, and also they're not Christian so it is super racist to send them to hell because they never encountered your religion in a meaningful way

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah, and also they're not Christian so it is super racist to send them to hell because they never encountered your religion in a meaningful way

Terry Pratchett posted:

... the gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that’s where they believe, in their deepest heart, that they deserve to go. Which they won’t do if they don’t know about it. This explains why it is important to shoot missionaries on sight.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

M.c.P posted:

That’s just a fat guy in underwear Tats. I guess Calvin Klein advertised their stuff with a fat guy? That’s not explicitly an LGTBQ thing but it is showing your rear end on the end goal here.

But showing your entire rear end online is just your brand at this point.

I think it's supposed to be a pregnant transgender man, but Ishida's art is so devoid of details it's hard to tell

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The Covid public inquiry: nothing to see here – From Boris Johnson to Rishi Sunak, no one in government has anything to hide…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"And here I thought it was our awful neighbor Stanley 'Mac' McMurtry shouting slurs at the estate agent."

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

“Tolerating LGB people was actually always a secret plot to harming kids by making them trans! - a lesbian” - a straight man

Between that and the “LGBTQ people are not discriminated against” I feel like we’re really close to the TradWide arc for his mouthpiece lesbian. IIRC the last time we saw her was her yearning for the security and sanctity of the church :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Lesbians are anti-trans" is a specific lesbophobic trope too, one that lesbians are actively pushing back against.

Tats would know that if he'd read anything written by and for lesbians in the past two years, which of course he hasn't.