Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Infinitum posted:

If you're a MIles Morales / Gwen Stacy fan, and their roles as respective Spider-peeps, you'll really like this.

Also takes a z list villain and makes them an incredible threat.
I thought the entire thing with the spot is that he has an insanely broken power but is too stupid to use it properly. Kinda like how ice man's power was not just ice, but entropy itself.

I like that they played with that dumbness before actually going somewhere with it. That whole first fight is magnificent comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

define "armor variety", because every monster you fight is at least one new set you have access to

I mean how long will it take me to start crafting them?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I mean how long will it take me to start crafting them?
thats up to you and how much you feel like farming a monster to make its set or eventually just passively accumulating enough parts doing quests that you're able to craft it. i'm more of the latter mindset personally, especially in low rank

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rinkles posted:

not to get ahead of myself, but how long before you start seeing some armor variety in mohun?

Variety in terms of what, skills or how they look? because generally it'll be High Rank when you start seeing actually cohesive sets for skill builds as well as visual variety, and Master Rank is where they really take off to the next level.

edit: slow posting is my forte. To answer your follow up question, if you want full sets you'll need to farm a specific monster for a number of hunts, the number of which is dictated by if you need a particular rare monster part and how kind RNG is being.

That said, I wouldn't recommend grinding for any Low Rank sets. They'll get instantly out scaled once you hit High Rank, and High Rank is out scaled by Master Rank if you own Sunbreak.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 4, 2023

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Vermain posted:

note that even riot figured out a way around this by just having it be a "celebration of spring colors" in the regions where saying it openly would get the government and/or mailbombs knocking on your front door

thats awesome

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Kerrzhe posted:

from gamesradar's review:

"the strength of contenders like...Torchlight 2"
:thunk:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

bowsette

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I actually got back into comics recently, but I can't even touch the major titles. Things like X-Men: Red and Green Arrow are great, but I don't even want to think about touching the Avengers or Justice League. I haven't even tried to look at Spiderman and he was my favorite as a kid.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I dare you to try to look at Spider-Man.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Goatse-Man is the hero we want, demand, deserve, and need.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

goatsette

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

mutata posted:

I dare you to try to look at Spider-Man.

I'm usually a fan of unnecessary cruelty, because I think it is funny, but this is simply going too far. Are you really comfortable inflicting that on a person; a living breathing human being like yourself?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Infinitum posted:

Saw it last night. Sorta want to gush a lot about it, and what it means for Spider-man plot beats as a whole.

:agreed: 100%

Once it laid out what it wanted to say I got extremely giddy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wanna know how I got these spiders?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I just hope Italian Spider-Man got top-billing

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

I just hope Italian Spider-Man got top-billing

[stock cougar roar fx]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

thinking about this recommendation

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Last year Microsoft recommended me Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/picturesfoider/status/1665097885547995136

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Street Fighter 6 is insanely good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

goblin week posted:

thinking about this recommendation

Reminds me of this incredibly :psyduck: take:

https://twitter.com/akechigoroboy/status/1644172526983999489?s=46&t=JjPyFzjSgPUzPjxVfKA_7w

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1665342665502920706?s=20

Square's marketing is so good. Releasing two of the biggest Final Fantasy games in years in a single year and weeks before XVI comes out (which a lot of people still aren't aware is coming out), let's have our first marketing for the sequel to FF7 Remake after the reveal be a bunch of tweets saying it will have both gameplay and narrative.

Gee I wonder why XVI's preorder numbers are low

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m pretty sure people are aware Final Fantasy 16 is coming out

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m pretty sure people are aware Final Fantasy 16 is coming out

Yeah but Clive is not being merchandised nearly as much as Noctis and the boys were.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
oh poo poo final fantasy 16 is coming out?!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What are the big things missing from MH Rise that are in World?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1665342665502920706?s=20

Square's marketing is so good. Releasing two of the biggest Final Fantasy games in years in a single year and weeks before XVI comes out (which a lot of people still aren't aware is coming out), let's have our first marketing for the sequel to FF7 Remake after the reveal be a bunch of tweets saying it will have both gameplay and narrative.

Gee I wonder why XVI's preorder numbers are low

FF16 gonna make back its budget in a weekend just like 15 did

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what the gently caress is a Final Fantasy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

The last game Square could afford to make before the company went bankrupt

It sold so poorly they made 16 of them

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The Final Fantasies I've played and finished were all turn based. Still, I hope XVI does well and I'm going to give it a shot when it's on PC

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 4, 2023

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

FFXV started out with a snoozer, Ben E King's "Stand By Me". FFXVI opens with Clive and his friends trashing a Midwest America Waffle House to Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back In Town."

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Infinitum posted:

The last game Square could afford to make before the company went bankrupt

It sold so poorly they made 120 of them

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm not expecting marketing for the FF7R sequel to really ramp up until sometime after XVI is out. I'm sure it'll get a big marketing push later this year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They called the 121st Final Fantasy, "Final Fantasy 17¼ Death by Farts 6/900 Winks"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My final fantasy is for all of you to like good games instead of the crap you love so much onstead

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1665361243723497474?s=19

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

What are the big things missing from MH Rise that are in World?

Meowscular Chef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

But for real though I don't think Rise is missing anything World has