Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I hate the poe tree but the point made was just that apparently nothing changes post-30, and a mini poe tree seems significant enough even if it's just the D3 paragon+jewel system in new clothes.

I mean you can be reductive and just say it's more "number go up" but the amount of post-campaign content at launch is pretty solid. I'm enjoying all the stuff that opened up at wt1 and am looking forward to nightmare dungeons and helltides in wt3 soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Barreft posted:

People are already bored. In a week things are gonna be dire. They better rush the first season. OW2 is dead since they put everyone on D4, Dragonflight didn't bring anyone back. The execs probably thought for sure this shitshow would've been sold to Microsoft by now.

hey man was happy to see you ingame

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Brain Curry posted:

Anyone got a druid build they’re following? I have been doing companions, but I’m struggling with the stronghold for the level 15 class quest

Started with this one then migrated to this build after 30 or so since the first one stops at 25. Been smooth sailing on T1 at least and it's a lot of fun to boot.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Druid companion build whips rear end but you have to get into the 20s to get enough skill points for it to really take off. Once you have all the pets and their passive 30% buff with landslide maxed out you are unstoppable.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

This game fuckin rules, man. Druid owns.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

The Lone Badger posted:

In a singleplayer game lol.

It’s pretty obvious the design to have people play in groups. You get better xp and drops in a group.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Astryl posted:

It’s pretty obvious the design to have people play in groups. You get better xp and drops in a group.

this is a reach and you should be ashamed

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

holy christ why did they hard cap you at 6 skill assignments?

Half this poo poo would go on my "do once at spawn and then don't touch again" hotbar in PoE

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The act 2 and 4 bosses own. I don't even remember anything about the act 1 and 3 bosses but the other two were spectacular boss fights for Diablo games.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Diablo 3 was 11 years ago. You weren't at your post for the 'always online' war, soldier. The enemy won, it's over.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

smoobles posted:

Lol what on earth is this. I'm guessing each square upgrades your damage or immunities by like 1 or 2 points so you still feel like you're progressing over your 600 hours of gaming?

Does one of the massive skill tree upgrades increase my running speed by 2%, perhaps

A lot of words for you looking at a tiny picture and making up something to get mad at

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

this is a reach and you should be ashamed

world events with 20 people say its not

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"Diablo was made to be played with others" is a reach? Somebody should've told the incompetent fools that made Diablo 2. :v:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Not really sure how I'll end up beating a +75% damage modifier as a cold sorc.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The reach is defending long cue times from a billion dollar company

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

The reach is defending long cue times from a billion dollar company

oh so we're just making up things to respond to? I literally never said anything about cue times or blizzard.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Anybody doing a storm spec druid and have any tips? I'm not having trouble I just wanna talk about builds.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
That’s a staff not a cue.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Are there any rogue builds that use both the bow and melee weapons? I see there are passives and paragon nodes to support mixing marksman and cutthroat skills, but I feel that kind of thing usually doesn’t work out in arpgs.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Are there any rogue builds that use both the bow and melee weapons? I see there are passives and paragon nodes to support mixing marksman and cutthroat skills, but I feel that kind of thing usually doesn’t work out in arpgs.

Your character automatically swaps to the relevant weapon when you use an ability, with no cooldown or delay, so if an arpg is going to make that style viable, this is the one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm enjoying Druid but I feel like their boon system is really underbaked. You get enough spirit offerings to max all of them out by the time you hit like level 20 or 25 or w/e and the benefits are pretty boring. Kind of a shame.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm enjoying Druid but I feel like their boon system is really underbaked. You get enough spirit offerings to max all of them out by the time you hit like level 20 or 25 or w/e and the benefits are pretty boring. Kind of a shame.

Yeah I had enough orbs or whatever to unlock everything as soon as I finished the quest. I was kind of surprised to hear that's all there is to it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well, I can't say I'm a fan of enemies being able to lock you down for like 20 seconds straight

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If youre looking for more ways to improve your character, make sure youre doing all of the renown rewards. You get some very nice rewards for clearing out all side quests and activities on the world map.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

what's the deal with all these demons

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Are aspects taken off legendaries one use? My 2nd hydra piece is getting outdated but that double skill is a pretty important part of my build...but if I can only move it to one other item I need to be careful

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

rap music posted:

what's the deal with all these demons

They are very rude when in reality I want to be their friend.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

site posted:

Are aspects taken off legendaries one use? My 2nd hydra piece is getting outdated but that double skill is a pretty important part of my build...but if I can only move it to one other item I need to be careful

It is consumed when you put it on another piece of gear, yeah

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
K, thanks

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Aye yo. gently caress this thread title man.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

I said come in! posted:

If youre looking for more ways to improve your character, make sure youre doing all of the renown rewards. You get some very nice rewards for clearing out all side quests and activities on the world map.

No doubt don’t sleep on this there are 10 whole rear end skill points among the rewards iirc. And I think those do transfer over to subsequent characters on the same realm.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

site posted:

Yeah. You need to be careful not to pick equipment upgrades just because they offer bigger numbers. Losing an aspect can hurt your damage output a lot.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
Put aspects on gear you won’t upgrade two minutes later like helm/gloves/boots/amulet/rings

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
The Cathedral of Light / Capstone Dungeon is bugged. Boss summons some adds, despawns, and never comes back. May be limited to OR more likely to occur with Necros that have minions out.

Happened twice to me before I wised up and google'd it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/the-curator-went-missing/26113
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/bug-capstone-dungeon-curator-despawns/3371
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/13yyiok/capstone_curator_bug/

While respeccing is easy, I've prioritized my gear for a summoner build. Also, I kinda need to learn a whole new playstyle.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Is durability broke? I hit 21 and haven't had to repair equipment a single time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Is durability broke? I hit 21 and haven't had to repair equipment a single time

You only lose durability if you die afaict

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Anyone seen this bug at the beginning of the last act?

I'm at the Southern entrance of Caldeum with the whole crew, but there's a big fuckin door in the way and I can't get inside. I've gone all the way around this place and I can't see any other way in

E: Nevermind I'm an idiot fuckssake

Caseman fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 4, 2023

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
I'm having a good time with my shadow Necro build (decompose + blight + decrepify + minions). Bone magic was really good too but I've done the bone spear thing multiple times in D2 and wanted to mix it up.

I'm really loving this game overall. It has smooth gameplay and good QoL stuff, but has the very grim and demonic vibe and aesthetic of Diablo 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Im gonna play this game tomorrow for a little bit