Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
this is my first real attempt at street fighter, it feels so fuckin good to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they never nailed that with sfv so good on them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its going to take me a long time to learn when to drive rush

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is really fuckin fun. Juri main here, I can pretty consistently hit her crLP into DP basic combo. But I get hosed up a lot trying to go for crossover jMK cuz it gets totally owned by just doing DI as I jump in.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i'm having a blast playing this, even if people are using woke controls

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wanted to try the campaign and chapter 1 forces modern controls which are insane nonsense on a stick

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Spent most of my time today playing Manon and she's a bit weird but fun. Her level 2 super has crazy reach

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Join the IZ Club.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Imp Zone Tryouts are BACK!!!!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I love eet Fighter Alpha 3

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Join the IZ Club.

Oooooh that’s how they grab ya.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've just been messing in casual mode seeing what characters I like.

Think that's been my hurdle with going online is getting too focused on figuring out my main day 1.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive just been chilling in battle hub trying different characters, no rush to get ranked yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm going to get hammered on Dumb person alcohol and play street fighter for 7 hours tomorrow , God willing the internet works.

hell close enough.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I queued for both ranked and casual and don't care which one I get, and Ryu is hype.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I liked when I beat a Ryu one round and he said "Good fight!!!" and then bodied me the next two rounds.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My user name is Wormskull.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I kinda prefer casual cuz you can rematch as many times as the other guy is willing to. It’s also awesome you get to see them get cold feet lol.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

worried i might end up a guile main since i prefer charge moves to motion.. kind of annoyed chuns feet isnt a mash anymore either

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Placed into Iron with Cammy.

Now begins the journey of improvement.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is way more difficult than anime fighters

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm getting skill issued by JP players 😭

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
I'm sitting at about 20 hours played so far and have a fee hundred matches under my belt and yes this game is way way more fun to play then sf5 ever was

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Poco posted:

I'm sitting at about 20 hours played so far and have a fee hundred matches under my belt and yes this game is way way more fun to play then sf5 ever was

Say word?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it sucks poo poo actually. who you maining. i like blanka and marisa but i haven't even tried most of em.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Noone cause i dont have it dude. You even paying attention??

----------------

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I tried luke and I didn't mesh with what his buttons did, then Marisa who is amazing. Then I landed in deejay and I love everything about him, even if his play style is a little more difficult. But he's just so sassy and stylish that I'm going to stick with him.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

b_d posted:

it sucks poo poo actually. who you maining. i like blanka and marisa but i haven't even tried most of em.

Guile mostly. I've been trying a lot of Deejay. He's really weird but I think that's because I played him a lot in 4 and hes different . JP is really interesting but he's really hard to play. I've tried out most of the cast save like zangief and Blanka cause I never really liked those characters.

Marissa is really really good and hits like a truck. My friend who plays Blanka really likes him so that's good I guess

----------------

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

deejay and blanka are way different in this game. well, deejay moreso. i like em both

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Juri is cool, I'm getting the hang of cancelling her big pokes into the Green Stuff. which seems like a powerful way of controlling space. I really struggle against matchups like E Honda or Marisa who just completely ignore her ground fireball

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Did you just fight me in a ranked match wormskull?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fluffdaddy posted:

:stare:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yeah and I whooped your drat rear end and you immediately losequit. Admins are chumps.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually I just remember thinking you didn't know how to block and talking poo poo about that but really, might of been a GG. What's my reward.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have amazing news all, thanks in part to Fluffdaddy learning how to play Chun-Li, I was able to get out of the ELO Hell that is High Ultra Rookie, and into Iron I.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I have amazing news all, thanks in part to Fluffdaddy learning how to play Chun-Li, I was able to get out of the ELO Hell that is High Ultra Rookie, and into Iron I.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Yeah and I whooped your drat rear end and you immediately losequit. Admins are chumps.

I didn't I actually got disconnected.

Yea I am trash at this game but I am actually learning which I never could do in fighting games

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Actually I just remember thinking you didn't know how to block and talking poo poo about that but really, might of been a GG. What's my reward.

You are now mod of SAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I lost to drunk Dinosaur Jerk for 6 hours to learn how to play, myself. It's the journey.