Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Neat motorcycle
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7239854925092506923

Dark Knight tumbler
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7238828658423581994

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone got the text block posted earlier handy that showed all materials ever required for armor upgrades?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Finally completed a classic green tunic set (Time) and upgraded it to max. Now I have no star fragments or amber.

… Considering what some of the other classic armor sets take a metric ton of amber isn’t all that bad.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

jackofarcades posted:

Yeah dude I don't know what to tell you, I wish something was fun. Just because I don't have to do it doesn't mean it sucks that it's not fun.

Why do so many people post like they're a lovely twitter account?

You tell us bud.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Skimming this, I am not retaining any meaningful information about cooking, but apparently Course Bee Honey has the "rod" property, which is what makes gems have stronger effects if attached to a rod???

anyone know what effect that has, because afaict honeycomb rods work the same as any other honeycomb weapon

It's probably referring to the summon bees effect.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Wait honey summons bees???

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Yeah.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

upgrading armor seems very tedious. i haven't even bothered to "activate" the great fairies yet. i'm just fighting as stealthily as possible so i don't have to die all the time

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Fangz posted:

https://twitter.com/BoneJail/status/1664541667444105216?t=P9e__84DBRIGDKNOyx64ZA&s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fangz posted:

https://twitter.com/BoneJail/status/1664522769894109184

edit: I can't believe I was beaten on this tweet

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's a good one.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Bussamove posted:

Finally completed a classic green tunic set (Time) and upgraded it to max. Now I have no star fragments or amber.

… Considering what some of the other classic armor sets take a metric ton of amber isn’t all that bad.

If you use the Temple of Time to send honey back in time, it will return to you as amber. They really thought of everything

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Slowpoke! posted:

If you use the Temple of Time to send honey back in time, it will return to you as amber. They really thought of everything

wait what are you talking about

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sorry, use the temple of time to do what?? Wha... what do other items do? How do you send things back in time?? huh????

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Steve Yun posted:

Apparently staring into spirit horse’s eyes will trigger a blood moon

https://twitter.com/oyz81/status/1664951429575110657?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Huh? Where do you find that?

EDIT: Oh that's BotW

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

That sounds fake as gently caress, but knowing this game, I can't completely dismiss the possibility

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I just chucked Chu Chu jelly at it. You're better than me.

Wait unelemental chu jelly is actually water-elemental?!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

If you get a piece of plutonium and fuse it to a screwdriver, you can get the "radiation poisoning" debuff

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Slowpoke! posted:

Lmao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you fuse the ocarina to your shield you can shield surf in certain wind conditions to play Zelda's Lullaby

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

epic bacon posted:

upgrading armor seems very tedious. i haven't even bothered to "activate" the great fairies yet. i'm just fighting as stealthily as possible so i don't have to die all the time

the barbarian armour isn't too bad to get to level 2 for all 3 pieces at least and I think its where I'll stop. I want the climbing set to level 2 as well but thats way more tedious. The lynel bows are great so its worth fighting them

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fangz posted:

It taking several minutes to fight a silver moblin doesn't match my experience.

Anyway, cool point about dragon parts:

https://youtu.be/BF2cP0rkOfU

This is really cool, and good, information. I feel like this game will probably launch the careers of many content creators because there are so many cool little details like this just waiting to be discovered and talked about.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Alxprit posted:

Wait unelemental chu jelly is actually water-elemental?!

yup, have been using chu jelly to wash sludge away this entire time

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Crusader posted:

yup, have been using chu jelly to wash sludge away this entire time

Once I figured it out myself made water temple a lot easier.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

epic bacon posted:

Maybe you should try it instead of listening to jaded gamers online. Playing without upgrading armor on purpose seems like a huge self-own.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Having unlocked the fairies and upgrading just what I had with the parts I had on me at the time, it certainly seems tedious

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's really weird how the battery robot can just upgrade your battery pack for however many crystal charges you can afford.

But the fairies, Hetsu, and the statues make you go through each upgrade one at time.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i thought even the people who used puffshroom for sneak attacks were joking

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Macaluso posted:

Having unlocked the fairies and upgrading just what I had with the parts I had on me at the time, it certainly seems tedious

Cool.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's really weird how the battery robot can just upgrade your battery pack for however many crystal charges you can afford.

But the fairies, Hetsu, and the statues make you go through each upgrade one at time.

The ancients were clearly more advanced

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Khanstant posted:

i thought even the people who used puffshroom for sneak attacks were joking
it makes every fight such a joke that i try not to use it unless i'm in a bad way or in a gently caress-you mood

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

if i throw a weapon that's about to break is the final hit still 2x or does it go to 4x?

also unrelatedly, does the main theme actually play in game anywhere?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yuKMCPzokA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ciaphas posted:

if i throw a weapon that's about to break is the final hit still 2x or does it go to 4x?

also unrelatedly, does the main theme actually play in game anywhere?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yuKMCPzokA

when you finish the starting zone

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

it makes every fight such a joke that i try not to use it unless i'm in a bad way or in a gently caress-you mood

the notion of sneaking really conflicts with my berserker lifestyle

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

It was designed by the Zonai specifically for excellent customer service, unlike all these mythical demigods who want to sexually harass us or make us gather literal poo poo for them or treat our dreams like DoorDash in exchange for their services.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The movement tricks in this are insane

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLFQ53VX/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

when you finish the starting zone
was it in a cutscene or something, because i don't remember hearing it my first playthrough and i definitely didn't this time

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goron City is legitimately hilarious when you first get there

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ciaphas posted:

was it in a cutscene or something, because i don't remember hearing it my first playthrough and i definitely didn't this time

yes, did you skip it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

epic bacon posted:

I would recommend upgrading some outfits to level 2 for the bonuses:

Climbing
Rubber suit
flame breaker
snow quill
gliding suit
froggy
desert voe
any one of the many stealth sets

Those bonuses are extremely useful.

I would also recommend upgrading one of the following to max level:

Fierce Deity
Barbarian
Any of the suits based on previous versions of Link.

Any of those will give you huge attack bonuses.