Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

Real curse is learning what happened to Max Wright after Alf ended.

What happened, his wiki is scrubbed clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Autechresaint posted:

he was in a Norm Macdonald sitcom and also smoked a lot of crack

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

From the wikipedia Talk tab

quote:

I know people here love to hide the truth, but we really need to comment about the crack smoking, gay sex with homeless people reference. Apart from ALF, that's where people remember Max from. 118.90.50.22 (talk) 02:22, 12 January 2013 (UTC) I guess they won't be happy until they find him dead from a coke binge with male hookers. If they would at least print the truth here, maybe Benji Gregory would come to help him, or maybe that girl that was on Uncle Buck.

quote:

They interviewed one of the tricks that he was having interracial gay sex with, and he confirmed the story. That interview should be substantial enough to put the truth on the front page.

yeah sounds like things went downhill in his life and went to drugs but lol @ that person being sure to point out he had "interracial gay sex". Not only was he a gay man, but he was attracted to nonwhite men and had sex with them! how scandalous!

seriously if without context you have the urge to point out that 2 people having sex happen to have different skin color then you're a racist fucktard who misses jim crow laws

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What's a good use for an Eames lounge chair?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Scrotum Modem posted:

Not only was he a gay man,

He wasn't, though, he was turning tricks for crack

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It really is fairly easy to argue that the sudden revelation of crack addiction and prostitution not too long after his ALF fame is Wikipedia material but if it is making that lovely guy angry to not include it that is a positive too

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Crossposting my opus from the Gamer Gollum thread since it was cursed as gently caress.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MrQwerty posted:

He wasn't, though, he was turning tricks for crack

who hasnt

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Not 100% sure if it's cursed or not but I saw this on the walk home from the market:

Sure is a nice day to…
(Checks notes)
…dry out cooked shrimp on the sidewalk.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Y'know modern food safety regulations are based around getting astronauts to not poo poo their pants, so that's probably fine

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

One of the writers of Alf was also a hard drug addict and wrote the memoir Permanent Midnight, later made into a movie featuring an early attempt by Ben Stiller at dramatic acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yThTYeRr5BM

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I know of at least one case of a man repeatedly testing the strength of a high rise window, turns out eventually something's going to give.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Crossposting my opus from the Gamer Gollum thread since it was cursed as gently caress.

If you squint hard and haven't scrolled the full way down his lower right arm and wrist looks like...

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

mobby_6kl posted:

What's a good use for an Eames lounge chair?

oooh I'm posting this in the interior design thread

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

How you doin’, hot lips? :wink:

Hobocaust
Jun 3, 2004

bartok posted:

he was in a Norm Macdonald sitcom and also smoked a lot of crack

So I have a Max Wright story. My wife, in a past life, worked in film and TV, and she was a PA on the Norm show. One day, Max Wright did not show up for work. The immediate thought everybody had was "Oh, jeez, Max is dead. Who's going to go see if he is dead?" Being a lowly PA, my wife had to go check on him.

Max lived in the Melody apartments at the time, which happen to be directly across the street from the Warner Bros. lot, where they filmed Norm. She got the apartment manager to go up to Max's apartment to open the door for her. The entire walk to the door, my wife is just freaking out that she's going to find an ODed body; she's just ready to leap out of her skin. The manager, who really shouldn't have let her in, won't go into the apartment. So my wife creeps along, ready to bolt at any weird noises, to Max's bed, and touches him to see if he's alive...

But he was fine, he just overslept for many many hours because he, y'know, had problems. He was apparently perfectly fine and nice to work with, though.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I think that's a Shitfryer Pro from the late 1980s.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Manager Hoyden posted:

I think that's a Shitfryer Pro from the late 1980s.

Now I'm picturing a skillet of hot oil on that hotplate, and someone trying to take the world's most delicate poo poo, terrified of the backsplash.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Autechresaint posted:

He found put he had cancer and went full Live Like You Were Dyin’, which for him meant drinking a LOT and then he and his extramarital partner would pick up homeless men and pay them to smoke crack and have bareback orgies. Some were filmed, many weren’t. (Un?)Fortunately, he spent a few years living like he’d die any moment and ended up making it another 30 years before succumbing to lymphoma.

It’s a bit skeezy because of the exploitation of unhoused men and that, according to his partner, Max didn’t care if he got (and therefore spread) HIV/AIDS. But the hysteria was primarily “man is different than man was on funny alien TV show! man willing to be filmed kissing Black man on mouth! this is literally the end of civilization!”

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

madmatt112 posted:

How you doin’, hot lips? :wink:

e:
By '79 her character was also a bachelor lady with no need for a husband on the show #girlboss

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Takes No Damage posted:

e:
By '79 her character was also a bachelor lady with no need for a husband on the show #girlboss

Ok boomer

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bet this mf doesnt watch golden girls either

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/jgvZBSY.gifv

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Android Apocalypse posted:

Not 100% sure if it's cursed or not but I saw this on the walk home from the market:

Sure is a nice day to…
(Checks notes)
…dry out cooked shrimp on the sidewalk.

Then, as I walked down Second Avenue towards St. Mark's Place, where all those people sell used books and other junk on the street, I saw my penis lying on a blanket next to a broken toaster oven.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

"real black people"

https://i.imgur.com/qByHEEw.mp4

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 7, 2023

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Video found on a phone recovered from the stomach of a giant alligator, along with a set of earmuffs.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

If you got State Farm as your home insurance provider in CA, don't let your policy lapse or be late on payments.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The real mafia are fuckin Matt Bevilaqua and insurance companies are the 5 families of New York

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Busket Posket posted:

He found put he had cancer and went full Live Like You Were Dyin’, which for him meant drinking a LOT and then he and his extramarital partner would pick up homeless men and pay them to smoke crack and have bareback orgies. Some were filmed, many weren’t. (Un?)Fortunately, he spent a few years living like he’d die any moment and ended up making it another 30 years before succumbing to lymphoma.

It’s a bit skeezy because of the exploitation of unhoused men and that, according to his partner, Max didn’t care if he got (and therefore spread) HIV/AIDS. But the hysteria was primarily “man is different than man was on funny alien TV show! man willing to be filmed kissing Black man on mouth! this is literally the end of civilization!”

"Celebrity abuses power and money to make homeless people prostitute themselves for their own entertainment" seems like an incredibly hosed up story regardless of era, gender or sexuality

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Robo Reagan posted:

bet this mf doesnt watch golden girls either

gently caress'n Millennials :manning:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Then, as I walked down Second Avenue towards St. Mark's Place, where all those people sell used books and other junk on the street, I saw my penis lying on a blanket next to a broken toaster oven.

🎶Detachable crawdad🎶

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

From the funny thread:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The first half of that commercial could have played on a television in a sports bar and nobody would notice

I admit not so much once you reach Eldritch Gatorade-Sausage Golem phase

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The way objects and people just melt into each other seriously makes it feel like you're watching a recording of a nightmare.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it kinda is. unrefined generative models will just mash poo poo together, it takes awhile for it to actually form something that looks reasonable. it doesn't 'see' the same way people do

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

AI commercials are loving rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrg4t3_PdLM

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The first time I saw one of those "you cannot name anything in this photo" AI-generated things I knew we were close to finally creating Lovecraftian visuals on a mass scale

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Watch these Skyrim AI enhanced NPCs spout philosophy and muse about the complexity of their existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCjosz1vOA&t=465s