Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
The Diary of Ma-chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

These boring pricks look like they're 40-something! Why do they have receding hairlines?? Why are they dressed for a youth group prayer meeting to protect the nation from abortion and the trans agenda?

"Gee, well, I guess we sure are teens!"

"That's for sure."

"We sure are. What's it like, to be a teen? I would know."

"Me too!"

"We all would!"

[All laugh]

Why, didn't you sit with your high school chums in the malt shoppe?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Bardiche Hotel

See, Eros is fine! Just needed an angry little clock guy to go back in time a few hours and un-birth his killer before he was even attacked.

I kinda thought Eros had it coming so he's just gonna get off without ever realizing the the damage he's doing to people?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's a qrais comic, I'm not going to assume anything until it's finished. :v:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Don't mind me, just putting my new objet d'art on display in the darkness of the hall closet. Which for some reason is otherwise empty except for a nice-looking long hallway-style table.

I'd be more concerned about the fact that it glows in the dark, since the most common type of paint to do that in the 40s used radioluminescence.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Say what you will about Peanuts, but sometimes it just gets me. (June 6, 1976)

One of my all-time favourites.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

manero posted:

Pluggers is ripe for edits

Some people like writing letters, Shirley, you jerk.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Some people like writing letters, Shirley, you jerk.
The Pluggers curse hits us all at some point.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Oh no, thisusedyet was right. What kind of monster can do this to a weiner dog with a cute little bow tie?

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The dogfight guy in that Mary Worth story laughs like he’s the villain in a chick tract.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Oh no, thisusedyet was right. What kind of monster can do this to a weiner dog with a cute little bow tie?

Jeez, this is awfully dark for Mary Worth :(

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Our only hope is that Greta falls back on the weiner dog's history of flushing out badger nests to gently caress poo poo up in the arena
"The dachshund was bred in Germany hundreds of years ago to hunt badgers. "Dach" means badger and "hund" means dog. The three varieties of dachshund, smooth-, wire-,and long-coated, originated at different times. The smooth was the first and arose from a mixture of a miniature French pointer and a pinscher. The breed also comes in two sizes: standard and miniature, with the standard the original size.

The dachshund has short, strong legs that enable the dog to dig out prey and go inside burrows. Larger versions of the breed were used to chase deer or fox. Smaller dachshunds were bred for hunting hares and ferrets."
https://www.hillspet.com/dog-care/dog-breeds/dachshund?lightboxfired=true

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Michael Richards won't get away with this.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Announcing talents' ages (not to mention measurements!) is getting less common, but you still do see it from time to time.

Bardiche Hotel: I mean, Eros is just doing his job. He has to report to his boss about it and everything.

Has anyone got an idea what her shirt says? I’m not even sure what kind of script that is.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Bardiche Hotel: I mean, Eros is just doing his job. He has to report to his boss about it and everything.

Has anyone got an idea what her shirt says? I’m not even sure what kind of script that is.

It's Hebrew again. Looks like... samech-lamed-alef-chaf. Difficult to read the vowels, maybe "salach". That's close to the word for forgiveness, slichah, and Hebrew uses a lot of root words (three letter cores to related words), so it might mean something similar. or, since the letters aren't *quite* the same, it could be a completely different root that just sounds similar, because Hebrew likes to do that as well.

I can't read Hebrew, just pronounce it. My actual mastery ended at "Shiri the llama eats Danny's kippah".

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Giant Ethicist posted:

Announcing talents' ages (not to mention measurements!) is getting less common, but you still do see it from time to time.

it's really no wonder the idol industry attracts eldritch horrors beyond our comprehension

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/6-8/50

Archie 7/3-5/47

Ah yes, the days when you just dumped the town trash in the ocean.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Giant Ethicist posted:

Cthulhu and Girl

Embrace that MILF market, Lavinnie!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The things to the left and right are both lecterns and a dais and a podium are basically the same thing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Have some Ballard Street on the house!

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 16: Hell on Wheels Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

I can't not colour a VW Beetle yellow. Just as I can't not make a small businessman in my comics slightly shady.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Sanctioned War Criminal/Depopulator

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

readingatwork posted:

Man, you can really tell when that comic was written.

Thanks, this is perfect for the Disturbing Artworks Reflecting Modern Society thread.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

mn'gah iyphtu lrakn ftaghn

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Julet Esqu posted:

You will never guess* how thirsty the MagaDex comments were for the revelation that Lavinnie was a MILF.

*You will absolutely guess.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

Polyesteri = Polyester
Esteri = the Finnish equivalent of Esther

ANSU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Bruceski posted:

It's Hebrew again. Looks like... samech-lamed-alef-chaf. Difficult to read the vowels, maybe "salach". That's close to the word for forgiveness, slichah, and Hebrew uses a lot of root words (three letter cores to related words), so it might mean something similar. or, since the letters aren't *quite* the same, it could be a completely different root that just sounds similar, because Hebrew likes to do that as well.

I can't read Hebrew, just pronounce it. My actual mastery ended at "Shiri the llama eats Danny's kippah".

I think the first letter is supposed to be mem, making the word moloch

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life for June 2, 1927, and it's a salute to the graduating class of 94 years ago! LJ Holton gives us a cover, and a few others things worth mentioning.

Ned Hilton:

A(lanson) B(urton) Walker:

Gluyas Williams:

Ellison Hoover:

And a bonus page from Dorothy Parker, who very obviously isn't a cartoonist, but she sure turned in a sketch for this edition.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Technowolf posted:

I think the first letter is supposed to be mem, making the word moloch

It's the wrong mem if so, and from what I can tell with cursory googling that's typically written mem-vav-lamed-chaf. I guess it depends where Q-Rais is getting these from, YHVH is pretty commonplace so there's no variance.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Change Copper's name to Corncob, because this guy's definitely not owned.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I love that "yeah sure, keep telling yourself that :smug:" look on Planck.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 5, 2023

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Haifisch posted:

1980 comics
I'm reading this with Peter's voice portrayed by William Shatner.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

"Do you think since we lost it wasn't a flawless victory?" is sending me

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (Feb 8-9, 1954)

You can definitely see CB's character design and general vibe shifting into a more recognizable style. Lucy also looks a lot more like herself now.

Calvin and Hobbes (Jul 20-21, 1993)

Big Nate

Dunce

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Jul 20-21, 1993)

What a beautiful pair.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

readingatwork posted:

Peanuts Through the Ages (Feb 8-9, 1954)

You can definitely see CB's character design and general vibe shifting into a more recognizable style. Lucy also looks a lot more like herself now.

I was wondering how much time it'd take for everyone to circle around to being Charlie Brown's age.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Just remembered I forgot to get today's FoxTrot.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Schwarzwald posted:

I was wondering how much time it'd take for everyone to circle around to being Charlie Brown's age.

We're still not there yet. Schroeder and Lucy are closing in but Linus is still a toddler for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to, teach. :shrug: