Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ilmucche posted:

what did steiner get reprimanded for anyway?

Saying that stewarding should be a paid and professional position...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Still I rise

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I started a race but then decided to start downloading Hall and Oates albums off of soul seek instead and that was more engaging so I turned the race off.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/1665405882920837121

Ten grand fine for having the physiological staff going to lewis and the tory during Parc ferme.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Remember when I said Lando Norris is the AJ Soprano of drivers? That comment has aged perfectly :discourse:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SlowBloke posted:

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/1665405882920837121

Ten grand fine for having the physiological staff going to lewis and the tory during Parc ferme.

still cheaper than seeing a doctor in the US

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

yuki did nothing wrong

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

tony quidtana posted:

I started a race but then decided to start downloading Hall and Oates albums off of soul seek instead and that was more engaging so I turned the race off.

What's your favorite Hall and Oates album and why is it Private Eyes?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Private Eyes definitely is the best although all their albums have at least 1-2 songs I enjoy. Maneater is kind of overplayed but still a good song

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

This is the least interesting season even by our current lovely standards. I’d cancel my subscription right now, if I weren’t addicted to watching old races.

At least it’s not still Lewis running away with it every year, but it is seeming dangerously close to becoming that, but with frog. Also this year isn’t a TOTAL write off because :alonso:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
2021 had the back and forth championship fight to keep things interesting and you still had fun times like Hungary with Ocon's win. But absolute dominance is boring.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

At least it’s not still Lewis running away with it every year, but it is seeming dangerously close to becoming that, but with frog. Also this year isn’t a TOTAL write off because :alonso:

Lewis running away with it was much cooler and #blessed

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Arc Hammer posted:

2021 had the back and forth championship fight to keep things interesting and you still had fun times like Hungary with Ocon's win. But absolute dominance is boring.
2021 was the gold standard of a season for the championship battle though, it being that close won't happen often.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

net work error posted:

It sucked just as much OP. Actually it was worse because there are way more Lewis mouth breathers in this thread than there are Verstappen dickheads.

Any car that just fucks off into the distance makes the races bad regardless of the rich prick behind the wheel.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
:(

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

Lewis Hamilton single handedly saved us during the first year of COVID

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I don't know anything about F1 really and I just randomly watched the first 4 episodes of Season 1 of the Netflix show and find it really interesting. I guess I'm an F1 fan now (in 2018).

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

He is innocent

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
This Indy race is very good (ugly track). Also Grossjean DNF #4 on 7 races

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I don't know anything about F1 really and I just randomly watched the first 4 episodes of Season 1 of the Netflix show and find it really interesting. I guess I'm an F1 fan now (in 2018).

which driver and team have you chosen to saddle yourself with op

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

great.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

the milk machine posted:

Gonna have to have a hard discussion when they say Ricciardo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Bip Roberts posted:

This Indy race is very good (ugly track). Also Grossjean DNF #4 on 7 races

its nice to see the roads in detroit are still bumpy and wavy as gently caress

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Keep enjoying the show, and let us know which binman you root for.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

daslog posted:

Max is either the best driver ever, or Checo really sucks. Unless Christian Horner is sabotaging Checo's car.

I think Max might unfortunately be a historically good driver

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I really don't get the stewards decision with Russell on turn one. He only got past Piastri because he went off track.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

They're not pros.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
for context: i was able to sign up to be a steward for the singapore GP, standards arent exactly high

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Gonna have to have a hard discussion when they say Ricciardo

He seems a little high strung for my tastes. I'm assuming something bad happens to him :ohdear:

Zedd posted:

Keep enjoying the show, and let us know which binman you root for.

the milk machine posted:

I actually went to a race in Istanbul in 2007. It sucks that BMW quit F1. In terms of constructors, I'd gravitate towards Aston Martin at this point. In terms of drivers, I admire Hamilton's plant-based advocacy. I'll wait a while though and see if any of the personalities really take hold. Do drivers change teams all the time? Are more F1 fans loyal to manufacturers or drivers?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The colgate bogan is a very chill lad who means well

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Aston Martin is auctioning off stuff from their old factory. You can buy the sign outside, the solid marble reception desk, among other things. But personally I've got my eyes on this item:

https://bidonline.ncmauctions.co.uk/auctions/8562/ncm-au10744/lot-details/819a872d-27bc-4ba4-a9b6-b00d011abfda

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it feels like the alfa romeo goes under the radar for how bad of a car it is. they really should be getting roasted. zhou looks good dragging that piece of poo poo to 9th

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

Aston Martin is auctioning off stuff from their old factory. You can buy the sign outside, the solid marble reception desk, among other things. But personally I've got my eyes on this item:

https://bidonline.ncmauctions.co.uk/auctions/8562/ncm-au10744/lot-details/819a872d-27bc-4ba4-a9b6-b00d011abfda

Would've be in for it, but it excludes the radiator

Lol you can buy their smoking pit and a bunch of ceiling tiles.

And a 64 inch tv

And this:
https://bidonline.ncmauctions.co.uk/auctions/8562/ncm-au10744/lot-details/f9d478fa-e923-4b8d-a9a1-b00d011bce23

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 4, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
someone should go poop in the toilet and not flush right before the auction starts

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

gunther is 1000% right

poo poo is random and everywhere

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That's how I got into it. Welcome.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

gunther is 1000% right

poo poo is random and everywhere

that’s right

günther gang, sound off

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

the milk machine posted:

that’s right

günther gang, sound off

Go Günther!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i will never watch dts, i did watch the spanish gp though and regret it immensely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Cimber posted:

Is 'Chinaman' an approved term these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYOzUHnPJvU

Also congrats to the car formerly known as #33 on winning the race based on some stupid q-anon numerology bullshit.

Guenther was right.