Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Zereth posted:

Is this offer still open? I could do with some shooting things and stealing everything not nailed down right now.

I have enough points left for one more lucky person to get a free month of premium. Next month when they distribute more I may be able to do this more but for now you're getting what's left. PM me your profile if you don't mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I have enough points left for one more lucky person to get a free month of premium. Next month when they distribute more I may be able to do this more but for now you're getting what's left. PM me your profile if you don't mind.
Awesome thanks, Sent.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Anything I might likely want to turn off in, or add to, Magnum Opus? I saw that Rad-Ban Eyewear mod people were talking about earlier scroll past in the preview...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zereth posted:

Anything I might likely want to turn off in, or add to, Magnum Opus? I saw that Rad-Ban Eyewear mod people were talking about earlier scroll past in the preview...

if this is your first time using a wabbajack list, don't touch anything. removing or adding anything can gently caress the whole thing up, and you're much better using a couple mods you don't think are perfect than trashing the entire list.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Arivia posted:

if this is your first time using a wabbajack list, don't touch anything. removing or adding anything can gently caress the whole thing up, and you're much better using a couple mods you don't think are perfect than trashing the entire list.

Extremely this. If you really want to add a mod, get ready to learn how to use xEdit and check for conflicts so you can be sure you're not about to break everything.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I got Magnum Opus up and running, and there don't seem to be any major issues with it so far. I'll have to play for a while longer, though, just to make sure.

One issue I am having. The audio is really low. I went into setting and upped the master volume, but on opening the game up again, the volume seems to have dropped, with the Master volume slider still being at the same point.

Could that be something you have to tweak in the .ini files? I remember with Skyrim SE, I set the volume in the .ini to like 150.00 because the default volume is really low.

Arivia posted:

Is there anything you can edit safely? I had thought about using a different body slider preset, which I don't think will hurt anything, but I want to make sure.

Relyssa posted:

Extremely this. If you really want to add a mod, get ready to learn how to use xEdit and check for conflicts so you can be sure you're not about to break everything.

Is there a guide for xEdit? I've seen Fallout4 Edit mentioned in a couple of places, but I don't know if that's the same thing. It sounds like it's good to learn it in general if you just want to fine tune the game outside of just using mods.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 21, 2023

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
xEdit is just the current version of F4 Edit. It's on the Skyrim Nexus IIRC, but you just rename the file to a Fallout 4 name and it edits Fallout 4.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The author of the Magnum Opus list has a really good set of tutorials for dipping your toes in the water and getting started with modding.

https://github.com/LivelyDismay/Learn-To-Mod/wiki

It's an intro to how MO works, how to do basic stuff in xedit, the creation kit, etc. Additionally, his discord has a whole bunch of people who are really experienced with modding FO4/Skyrim and are usually super helpful if you have questions.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I got Magnum Opus up and running, and there don't seem to be any major issues with it so far. I'll have to play for a while longer, though, just to make sure.

One issue I am having. The audio is really low. I went into setting and upped the master volume, but on opening the game up again, the volume seems to have dropped, with the Master volume slider still being at the same point.

Go into the mod configuration menu and tinker with the persistent audio sliders menu. They're set pretty low by default for some reason.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Is there a set of mods that improve the bullet sponge stuff in the game?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

Is there a set of mods that improve the bullet sponge stuff in the game?

Game Configuration Menu - this lets you customize every single aspect of the game, and if you feel you're not doing enough damage one of the options is to set your damage multiplier. Highly worth checking out.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
any good idea what the multipliers should be?, 4x? 5x?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's something you just need to season to taste, as your damage caps out but health for leveled enemies goes up as long as you keep leveling.
E: so does your own health, btw

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

any good idea what the multipliers should be?, 4x? 5x?

Tinker with it until you get a good result. You'll probably need to continue adjusting as you level up and get stronger enemies after you.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Read through the OP, but can anyone point me to a good list of Vanilla+ mods? Haven't played since launch.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Why in the gently caress does Magnum Opus make Brotherhood power armor have a special paint job that I can't seem to craft that makes it much, much stronger as armor? Like a T60d I've, uh, rescued after the owner had to leave it behind has better armor than the corresponding pieces of X-01 I've found at max upgrade.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

Why in the gently caress does Magnum Opus make Brotherhood power armor have a special paint job that I can't seem to craft that makes it much, much stronger as armor? Like a T60d I've, uh, rescued after the owner had to leave it behind has better armor than the corresponding pieces of X-01 I've found at max upgrade.

If you want Brotherhood power armor, maybe you should join the Brotherhood.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Zereth posted:

The brotherhood overhaul mod it uses also goes out of its way to make them fanfic powerful

It's the source of those insane plasma/laser combo rifles too

Anyway yeah with that mod sentinel T-60 is better than basically everything else by a wide margin

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dolphinbomb posted:

If you want Brotherhood power armor, maybe you should join the Brotherhood.
Or I could pickpocket the power cores out of every patrol I see and dd them to my growing collection.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Any Sim Settlement 2 heads out here? How does the mod play with things like alternate starts etc? Also can i use them with restored buildings?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Sim Settlements 2 works with alternate start, not sure what restored buildings you're running with so I'm not sure on that.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
basically the rebuild series that is reaching the top of the nexus modpages rn.

Edit: Let me reframe that question. Can I run sim settlements 2 in particular places while using other locations with the vanilla settler systems/empty as hideaways? Like using sanctuary as default while turning starlight drive inn as the big sim sandbox?

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 4, 2023

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah sure,

But like for example if you would want to use the City-Plan for Taffington Boathouse, it assumes the building is broken, if that makes sense. The vanilla SS2 city plan for that place sort of 'rebuilds' the broken house etc. If you don't use the city plans to begin with, it shouldn't make any difference.

In SS2 you get to 'zone' plots like in sim city or something, so you yourself can just plop down building spots and have the settlers build a thing in that place.

Also i don't think Starlight and Sanctuary are close enough to really affect each other, unlike Sanctuary / Red Rocket / Abernathy Farm.

E: lol the mod page uses the exact same example, nice

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 4, 2023

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Tankbuster posted:

Any Sim Settlement 2 heads out here? How does the mod play with things like alternate starts etc? Also can i use them with restored buildings?

It won't break with an alternate start, but the game does make use of the original dialogue lines in kind of a voicebox capacity. You'll probably have the option to talk with the SS2 characters about the spouse and son you totally have or those times before the bomb where you completely existed.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Glazius posted:

It won't break with an alternate start, but the game does make use of the original dialogue lines in kind of a voicebox capacity. You'll probably have the option to talk with the SS2 characters about the spouse and son you totally have or those times before the bomb where you completely existed.

I like the way SKK's synthetic player deals with this. You get a mission briefing that basically says your character is making poo poo up to try to blend in and not seem suspicious.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

heard u like girls posted:

Yeah sure,

But like for example if you would want to use the City-Plan for Taffington Boathouse, it assumes the building is broken, if that makes sense. The vanilla SS2 city plan for that place sort of 'rebuilds' the broken house etc. If you don't use the city plans to begin with, it shouldn't make any difference.

In SS2 you get to 'zone' plots like in sim city or something, so you yourself can just plop down building spots and have the settlers build a thing in that place.

Also i don't think Starlight and Sanctuary are close enough to really affect each other, unlike Sanctuary / Red Rocket / Abernathy Farm.

E: lol the mod page uses the exact same example, nice

woops. My bad. I found out that there are interior plots where you can just shove them inside rooms and apparently they build crap there. While researching for this mod I ended up downloading a bunch of mods that allow more named characters to be settlers. Also using SKK fast start so I can pop out as seamlessly as possible.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 4, 2023

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Tankbuster posted:

woops. My bad. I found out that there are interior plots where you can just shove them inside rooms and apparently they build crap there. While researching for this mod I ended up downloading a bunch of mods that allow more named characters to be settlers. Also using SKK fast start so I can pop out as seamlessly as possible.

Yeah, interior plots are one and a half foundation blocks and usually fit okay inside most surviving structures. Some of the add on packs, especially the 3x3 ones, make room inside themselves for interior plots at high levels.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Relyssa posted:

I like the way SKK's synthetic player deals with this. You get a mission briefing that basically says your character is making poo poo up to try to blend in and not seem suspicious.

how does Synthetic Player work with the Subversion mod? Found out the hard way that it doesn't. NVM.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 5, 2023

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

how does Synthetic Player work with the Subversion mod? Found out the hard way that it doesn't. NVM.

Yeah you'll need to do a lot of xedit work to make the two play nice. I'd probably stick with just Subversion if I had to pick one or the other.

zhar
May 3, 2019

vault suit customization is free on creation club atm which seems pretty cool for rp purposes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Yeah you'll need to do a lot of xedit work to make the two play nice. I'd probably stick with just Subversion if I had to pick one or the other.

shame really. Anyways, I am too chicken to do a SS2 run, so I am just running liga with a bunch of extra named settlers mods.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I played the main SS2 quest thing for a while when it first came out but ran into some problems.
Nowadays i just use one of the provided holotapes (i forget if you have to craft it in chemistry table or not) to unlock everything in the mod, build a manager table from the furniture section and then use that to build the sensors you need for the plots. So that's what i'd recommend doing if you don't want to go through hours and hours of questing and bullshit to get going and trying the actual settlement gameplay.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I played the early parts of the SS2 questline like seven months ago and it absolutely rocked, I think they might have refurbished it a few times, though.¨

It did take me way too long to unlock the municipal and commercial plots though, guess you're supposed to beeline for Vault-Tec HQ the moment you get that mission.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I played the early parts of the SS2 questline like seven months ago and it absolutely rocked, I think they might have refurbished it a few times, though.¨

It did take me way too long to unlock the municipal and commercial plots though, guess you're supposed to beeline for Vault-Tec HQ the moment you get that mission.

While pretty darn high quality, it's all a bit too much for me, and yeah those plot types being gated sucks imo. Also having to wait for Jake Gyllenhaal doing his whole spiel about the sensors got old really fast. If they release SS2 Conqueror at some point i might check it all again tho. That stuff was pretty fun.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm thinking about playing through as Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption 2. What mods should I use with regards to camping, bounties, hunting, cowboy equipment, etc?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Philippe posted:

I'm thinking about playing through as Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption 2. What mods should I use with regards to camping, bounties, hunting, cowboy equipment, etc?

Camping

Bounties

Cowboy Revolver

Hunting

That should get you started. I couldn't find any cowboy armor that wasn't just awful looking or way too skimpy. Elianora makes good armor/clothing mods in general, and that link has a whole bunch of her stuff. She's probably got something in there that'll work for you.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Nuka World has a bunch of Cowboy clothing i suppose

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Do we do trouble shooting here? I've got something like 10-15 mods installed. Most are working, but all the audio ones don't seem to be functioning. I installed mods to change the XP sound, to change the main menu music, and to add the original FO environment scores into the mix. None of them are working.

The main menu music hasn't changed, and neither has the xp gain sound. I did notice that when I start the game without the ambient sound mod on, the normal game sound works just fine. But when I enable the mod, no ambient music plays. So clearly it's causing something to happen, but doesn't seem to be able to play the music files.

Anyone familiar with what might be the cause of all this? Seems odd that it would be strictly the audio mods that don't work properly.

Original Fallouts Main Menu Music https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2558
Classic Old School XP Gain Sound - Fallout https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10635?tab=files
Classic Fallout Ambient Music https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2990?tab=description&BH=1

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Do we do trouble shooting here? I've got something like 10-15 mods installed. Most are working, but all the audio ones don't seem to be functioning. I installed mods to change the XP sound, to change the main menu music, and to add the original FO environment scores into the mix. None of them are working.

The main menu music hasn't changed, and neither has the xp gain sound. I did notice that when I start the game without the ambient sound mod on, the normal game sound works just fine. But when I enable the mod, no ambient music plays. So clearly it's causing something to happen, but doesn't seem to be able to play the music files.

Anyone familiar with what might be the cause of all this? Seems odd that it would be strictly the audio mods that don't work properly.

Original Fallouts Main Menu Music https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2558
Classic Old School XP Gain Sound - Fallout https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10635?tab=files
Classic Fallout Ambient Music https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2990?tab=description&BH=1

What are you using to install mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Mod organizer v2.4.0