Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

What build have you Necro's rocked while leveling? I perfer not being a pure summoner. How is Blight CE? I think that's my style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
ashava on wt3 seems like a bad idea, lets find out

Selane
May 19, 2006

Here's a trick I just figured out if you're using controller. If you're like me and never use the target lock thing(never used it in D3 either), just rebind mount to R3. That way you can hit it while running without having to take your finger off the movement button.

Also, having just unlocked mounts thirty minutes ago, I have to agree with what everyone else was saying: If you don't have it yet, rush campaign until you get mounts and then do side content. It makes everything way less annoying.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Is "50% more" multiplicative as opposed to "+50% damage to..."

Selane
May 19, 2006

goferchan posted:

Is "50% more" multiplicative as opposed to "+50% damage to..."
The tooltip tells you if it's multiplicative (x vs +).

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

SettingSun posted:

Check the other tab in the wardrobe my fellow hellslayer.

I'm sorry, I still can't see anything for hair/skin/face type :smith:

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
well ashava was way easier than beta, wt3 killed her with 7 minutes to spare

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stux posted:

necro absoutely isnt weak

I played it in the beta back before the nerfs, but I'm pretty sure that even if you nerfed my damage numbers by 50% I still would have been steamrolling everything; it was ridiculously overpowered at the time.

I remember effortlessly doing this one event (a Stronghold I think?) solo that my friend and I had some trouble doing together on different classes (IIRC he was a Sorcerer and I was a Druid at the time).

edit: I imagine that a lot of balance stuff also isn't going to even be obvious to most players and probably only applies at end-game once you've fully built a character

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 5, 2023

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
i think all of the classes can be pretty easily built to basically be unstoppable at world tier 2

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dollas posted:

game is good, you should play this game

I was pretty pessimistic but I'm eating crow right now. It's a fun game with some major potential

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

the more I play the more I dig the setting and story, but the less I like the level scaling and monster respawns on reload

also mommy lilith did nothing wrong

I don't know what alternative there would be to the level scaling (at least in the sense of "monsters are never below your level"), since it seems like the only way to reasonably allow for freedom of exploration.

OctaMurk posted:

i think all of the classes can be pretty easily built to basically be unstoppable at world tier 2

That's true, but how easy it is to do so might vary.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
I'm really hoping they do what they did for diablo 3 and make the campaign optional for seasonal play.
The campaign is great but I don't think I want to do it every season. The only thing they would have to change is remove the campaign requirement for the first capstone dungeon and possibly add a different way to acquire the horse.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Can someone explain what sacred items exactly do?
So far as I can tell they drop 'at level' is there anything beyond that?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kin33 posted:

I'm really hoping they do what they did for diablo 3 and make the campaign optional for seasonal play.
The campaign is great but I don't think I want to do it every season. The only thing they would have to change is remove the campaign requirement for the first capstone dungeon and possibly add a different way to acquire the horse.

You can skip it after you beat it the first time

btw if anyone's getting stuttering in the game, turn the textures down a notch. Even my 4080 isn't enough to handle maxed out textures, I guess.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Arsonide posted:

I'm wondering if I should roll an alt to diversify my nerf potential or something, but I am enjoying my character and want to continue playing him despite everything on the internet telling me he's trash now.

Chasing nerfs is a race you (unless your literal job is playing the game nonstop pushing this stuff) can never win. If you're having fun, play until it stops being fun. Seasons start in like a month and we're all starting again from zero anyway. WW barb will be a thing again someday but right now Blizzard is busy trying to stop people from hitting the end of the content at all costs and you're gonna see really hamfisted reactions to anything that gets a few youtube videos made.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

You can skip it after you beat it the first time

btw if anyone's getting stuttering in the game, turn the textures down a notch. Even my 4080 isn't enough to handle maxed out textures, I guess.

I have a 4080 and I’m playing with everything maxed out with DLSS off and no stuttering.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Nightmare dungeons are no fuckin’ joke. Do not suggest trying them right off the bat in T3z

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Is there any sort of Overflow Overflow since both the listed ones are full, perchance?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

96 spacejam posted:

What build have you Necro's rocked while leveling? I perfer not being a pure summoner. How is Blight CE? I think that's my style.

i brought them back for a change but for a good chunk of levelling i was running w zero minions. the sacrifice bonuses w extra resists and hp + the passives that amplify them and give you extra damage reduction solo make you ridiculously tanky. you lose out on some essence/corpse generation though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
it should be legally mandated by a court of law for a helltide to be active at all times

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Finally remembered to buy some of those whispered keys, kept seeing the chest but always didn't bother with them.

Didn't get anything good.

Boo to that.

Even if nerfed, I'm still stabbing and kicking rear end.

In Chapter II.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Finally remembered to buy some of those whispered keys, kept seeing the chest but always didn't bother with them.

Boo to that.

In Chapter II.

randy pitchford will give you free keys on twitter

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DarkDobe posted:

Can someone explain what sacred items exactly do?
So far as I can tell they drop 'at level' is there anything beyond that?

They are better quality items than other items of that rarity. Basically, once sacred things start dropping, you can mark almost everything that isnt sacred as junk and not even look at it.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Nightmare dungeons are no fuckin’ joke. Do not suggest trying them right off the bat in T3z

I'm doing ones with enemies like 6-10 levels higher and not having much of a problem. Nightmare is just the point where you need to make sure everything in your build comes together so you do multiplicative damage.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I can't justify why there are jewellery/armour vendors that sell rares that cost what is roughly the total amount of gold you'd have at that level. Just total noob traps.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So what's the deal with the saddle the stablemaster vendors sell for like 3 million gold? I don't get an actual preview of it when I view it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

it should be legally mandated by a court of law for a helltide to be active at all times

helltides fuckin own. At least more frequent than they currently are but preferably, always

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hashy posted:

I can't justify why there are jewellery/armour vendors that sell rares that cost what is roughly the total amount of gold you'd have at that level. Just total noob traps.

Yeah I dunno what the purpose even is. In Last Epoch you can get newbie gear pretty cheap at the vendors.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Tiny Timbs posted:

randy pitchford will give you free keys on twitter

Don't believe his lies.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Took my guildie's advice, went down to World Tier 1, and the game became even more fun

I was lvl 50, geared enough, and was using all the right aspects/builds/etc - but while I was never in danger, I never felt dangerous.

Now I am the danger.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

FuzzySlippers posted:

I wish Sorc builders felt more fun to use. So many of them just feel weak even if you crank up the numbers via items so they mathematically hit harder. For a game that wants you to do builder/spender it seems silly to make them so anemic. I wasn't affected by the arc lash nerf because I was already avoiding it for feeling bad. I'd rather crash crash crash with ice or zappy chain lightning than swing the wiffle lightning bat.

I stopped running a chain lightning build because arc lash felt crappy to use, and weird as sorc is mostly ranged.

I've been swapping between builds for awhile and I'm running Ice Shards currently, but it does feel a bit silly that it needs a ton of investment (barriers/freeze) to do what chain lightning can do with a single button press

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 5, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

:staredog:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t believe they made a good game

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Boo to that.

In Chapter II.

I’ve gotten complete garbage out of every one I tried, worse than a regular random chest.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Things I miss from Path of Exile: depth with the skill tree, minimap overlay, item filters. That’s it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mailer posted:

Chasing nerfs is a race you (unless your literal job is playing the game nonstop pushing this stuff) can never win. If you're having fun, play until it stops being fun. Seasons start in like a month and we're all starting again from zero anyway. WW barb will be a thing again someday but right now Blizzard is busy trying to stop people from hitting the end of the content at all costs and you're gonna see really hamfisted reactions to anything that gets a few youtube videos made.

i nearly vomited at seasons starting in like a month until I verified via some tweet that you do NOT have to redo the campaign at the start of every season

i'm old and don't have time for redoing campaigns anymore, this campaign is kinda long and tedious. don't get me wrong the story is much better than my expectations for it, but there's a lot of slog to get to each big cutscene on char #1

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

acumen posted:

helltides fuckin own. At least more frequent than they currently are but preferably, always

Speaking of, does anyone know how long it takes for a dark red area to turn into a helltide? I've been standing in this random area for like an hour or so and it hasn't activated yet. Possibly a bug?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

The Last Call posted:

Boo to that.

In Chapter II.

you can BUY keys for those chests? drat

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Game is good. New favorite thing, level 36: find higher level strongholds and feel the risk of HC death. I know past 50 I'll be able to pick and choose my enemy difficulty easier, I can't wait!

Also, my neighbor is a D4 environment artist and I shared some of goon kind comments about the aesthetics. He was glad to hear it :)

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Should share the most important thing i've discovered today:

When upgrading gear, going from level 4>5 is essentially a larger upgrade than all of 1-4 total in some cases. If you have an item with skill upgrades, EVERY SKILL on the item will be increased by 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BabyRyoga posted:

Speaking of, does anyone know how long it takes for a dark red area to turn into a helltide? I've been standing in this random area for like an hour or so and it hasn't activated yet. Possibly a bug?
That's a PvP zone.