Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

That's true, but there's multiple sets of black tristars that get names and a little bit of buildup. You have Denim/Slender/Gene, you have Ramba Ral's crew, you have Challia Bull, etc.
Yeah, but again, most of those characters only get 1-2 eps each. They serve a function and then they get out.

Like to be clear I'm not saying the show sucks or anything, just 'I like the story and the side characters so I hope it gets more room to breathe.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am not surprised that the person piloting the machine that kills its pilots dies after her male love interest manages to get through to her and convinces her to stop her murderous rampage in a Gundam show but I am immensely disappointed.

My least favorite trope in Gundam.

Anyway everything else was cool. The only issue is that Chuchu and Felsi did not get enough screentime.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ninjewtsu posted:

is there an announcement on this? if it's assumed because gwitch is popular i have to point out that gundam unicorn was basically a gigantic money printer for bandai and ended in 2014. we are only now starting to hear that a sequel is nebulously coming at some point in the future (before hathaway 2? after??? who knows!)

like if i was gonna put a bet on it i'd bet on a sequel being announced pretty fast but that is very far from a given

You mean Unicorn, the series that then got adapted into ovas, then reaired as a full anime, then has a side story, that then became another movie, and THEN has a sequel supposedly on the way?

That Unicorn?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Supremezero posted:

You mean Unicorn, the series that then got adapted into ovas, then reaired as a full anime, then has a side story, that then became another movie, and THEN has a sequel supposedly on the way?

That Unicorn?

this is not a good future for gwitch you have presented

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ninjewtsu posted:

this is not a good future for gwitch you have presented

It is given that Unicorn was a finished product by the time it started selling big bucks, while gwitch isn't.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The state of anime production is going to weigh heavily on anything else we get, even ignoring this show already having issues. So idk, I'm just gonna hope for the solid ep26 wrap up which is something they managed for IBO.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Amused and satisfied that Sabina tried to assist in defeating Guel while spewing bile at him and she got ripped to shreds in the attempt without even getting full focus from Guel.

Episode made it pretty drat clear where the Grassley Girls loyalties lie and I don't need to see no redemption for them, no martyrdom, nothing. The chips were down and they decided to fight. Sabina took steps to prevent Norea from killing Nika and I had hoped that might have meant she'd have more understanding about the cost of their ideals but at the end of the day she and the others were just as complicit as Shaddiq in letting an emotionally unstable girl kill herself and hundreds of others for a cause that at this point will only lead to thousands or millions more dying.

If any of them could have been better than that it was Sabina and yet she was the most full throated supporter of Shaddiq this episode. So gently caress her and haha she got her poo poo kicked in as a mere side spectacle.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 5, 2023

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
RIP to the Daribalde's AI, the real mvp of the fight.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Guel was actually super cool in this episode too. capturing Shaddiq instead of just killing him is some pro poo poo

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I really liked how Guel and Shaddiq got to have their duel, but it was really all over once Kenanji was onto his scent. The Cathedra space cops came in and just wrapped everything up, very professionally. A bunch of high school kids are not actually a match for the people who do this as a job. Very nice to finally see them do something after the prologue.

Makes me excited to see more real action in this universe... maybe we'll get a time skip? Come back after everyone is graduated? That could be interesting.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Begemot posted:

I really liked how Guel and Shaddiq got to have their duel, but it was really all over once Kenanji was onto his scent. The Cathedra space cops came in and just wrapped everything up, very professionally. A bunch of high school kids are not actually a match for the people who do this as a job. Very nice to finally see them do something after the prologue.

Makes me excited to see more real action in this universe... maybe we'll get a time skip? Come back after everyone is graduated? That could be interesting.

Dominicus forces living up to their reputation was pretty cool to watch, disabling the Grassley team without too much trouble, even Kenanji wasn't exactly with his back against the wall when fighting Norea and he might have taken her down himself if El5n and the snipers didn't do their thing (what was that bit where he was pulling on his arm? A Super-Antidote in the works?)

Though it makes me wonder just how Suletta and the gang will be involved in the endgame. If everything ends up exposed, then Kenanji would be well within his rights to tell them to sit tight while the grown ups take care of things.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

I hope Petra is okay :smith:

I don't think anyone at the school can be considered "okay" after this episode.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They gonna post the dub today or...? Crunchyroll isn't usually this late uploading the episodes and I need to relive Suletta Rejecta trauma.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Memorial Day was this past weekend, so maybe they took a week off

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arist posted:

Maybe. But dammit I was liking them catching up after the delay and only being two eps behind. Plus they would have already dubbed it weeks back. Gimme my trauma CR.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 5, 2023

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Traveller posted:

(what was that bit where he was pulling on his arm? A Super-Antidote in the works?)

He was just clutching his arm in reaction to facing a Gundam again. Presumably he was injured over the past 21 years while Gundam hunting and he was reliving that for a moment.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

That or they took a week off to account for when the show itself took mother's day off

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder if we will see Naji and Olcott again or if Dawn of Fold is finished in story for now with Norea gone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Technowolf posted:

I imagine the school will close down for a while, this was way worse than the rumble ring incident, and the school had mass withdrawals and was heavily on edge.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
This show is crazy good.

my prediction Episode 24 will end with Quiet Zero being activated. A year from then season 3 airs and opens with Mio, Suletta, Eri, Earth House, and everyone else living happily at Astacassia like nothing happened until Suletta breaks out of the Datastorm Simulation at the end of the episode (or the second episode). Also during this time Prospera will be the Principal..

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ManSedan posted:

This show is crazy good.

my prediction Episode 24 will end with Quiet Zero being activated. A year from then season 3 airs and opens with Mio, Suletta, Eri, Earth House, and everyone else living happily at Astacassia like nothing happened until Suletta breaks out of the Datastorm Simulation at the end of the episode (or the second episode). Also during this time Prospera will be the Principal..

Don't you put that evil on me, Ichiro Okouchi! Don't you put that on us! You are not R2!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Technowolf posted:

Well yeah but there's the Not Okay and the Literally Dead

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
also that end image

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

ManSedan posted:

also that end image

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I look forward to being able to recruit both Sophie and Norea in Super Robot Wars :unsmith:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ManSedan posted:

This show is crazy good.

I dunno if I like the idea of a time skip, but I generally agree otherwise. Quiet Zero being activated at the end of episode 24 is the thing that makes the most sense to me. It gives them time to actually have the election for presidency of the Benerit Group and give some weight to the fact that Prospera needs someone in that role to finish Quiet Zero. The idea that they have the election, Quiet Zero gets activated, and Prospera gets defeated (deactivating Quiet Zero in the process) in four episodes just doesn't feel like it makes sense given the amount of time they built up to those things this season, even with the breakneck pace the show's had this cour.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Arc Hammer posted:

They gonna post the dub today or...? Crunchyroll isn't usually this late uploading the episodes and I need to relive Suletta Rejecta trauma.

Remember, the show originally took a week off after Episode 17. The dub can turn episodes around only so fast.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's an important question nobody has asked yet, and it potentially bodes poorly for everyone with catastrophic consequences;

We know Secelia is fine, but what about her Couch? Can she even be returned to it at this point to restore normality? :ohdear:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

jesus christ that was an episode

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Like I said this morning I think it's funny that Rouji is an absolute savant who immediately recognizes that Aerial started the fight in Quinnharbour and wants to know who is piloting it so they can look into things but Martin is so useless for intelligence gathering that nobody is going to pay Rouji any mind.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Man the aftermath made me tear up like crazy. It's not uncommon to see teenagers die in anime, but the body bags just felt too real :sigh:

I pretty much knew Norea was done for as soon as she dropped her sketchbook. Doesn't make it hurt any less. Her and 5lan's last moments were so good

goddamn, this episode

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

https://twitter.com/dha_315/status/1665439249401782274

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Might not be G-Witch related, but Sunrise just trademarked the names "Silver Phantom" and "Requiem of Vengeance"

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's an important question nobody has asked yet, and it potentially bodes poorly for everyone with catastrophic consequences;

We know Secelia is fine, but what about her Couch? Can she even be returned to it at this point to restore normality? :ohdear:

She goes to school to sit on the couch and kick rear end, and shes all out of couches.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Zeruel posted:

all you other kids with your pumped up suits you better run, better run, outrun my GUND

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So reddit being reddit and Twitter being Twitter there's plenty of copium about Petra going around and something that I frequently see being brought up is the notion that some character is going to have to be uploaded into the Schwarzette to handle all the permet functions and save the pilot from getting fried. Petra is getting tossed around as a possibility to save her life after being crushed, just upload her to the datastorms.

Maybe I'm just being dumb here but I don't see why anyone needs to have their biometric code uploaded into the Schwarzette at all in order to be a permet buffer for the pilot. I think a lot of people are misunderstanding why Eri got uploaded to begin with. Eri was already hitting blue permet 6 scores as a child without suffering any side effects in the prologue, but there's nothing to suggest that this was why Prospera uploaded her into the Llfrith. Her body couldn't handle the ravages of space and died, so Prospera used Ericht's perfect synchronization with the Llfrith AI to transfer her consciousness into the machine to save her. She wasn't uploaded to be a buffer for the pilot, it was a last ditch attempt to save Eri's life.

So I don't see why people think thst the Schwarzette will require another person uploaded into the cloud to be it's Eri equivalent. Jeturk suits use AI to assist with pilot functions. Llfrith's AI synced with Eri because she was nice to it and that let the permet flow between the two without ripping her nervous system to shreds. From the very start we've seen that it is possible for a person to safely operate a Gundam with high permet scores if the right conditions are met.

Depending on what data Prospera gave Vim to make the Schwarzette, I have to wonder if those same conditions can be replicated by someone willing to communicate with the onboard AI the way Eri communicated with Llfrith and thereby create a safe bridge to share the permet load. If and when Suletta does get back into a cockpit she might encounter the onboard AI and talk to it the way she talks to Aerial, inadvertently repeating the same steps to safely "awaken" the AI that Eri did as a toddler.

But I don't see why anyone else needs to get their mind and soul jammed into a machine to make it work. Aerial is the horrifying result of a desperate woman saving her daughter with the side effect of creating a user-friendly doomsday machine, but I don't think it was ever intended for all future gundams to be powered by forsaken souls as shock absorbers.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 5, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
She's either dead or gets GUNDlegs and I'd agree that I'm not sure why people expect another Aerial to be made, least of all one that mostly matters to some tertiary characters.

I guess if you're also pulling for a repeat of Ein in IBO but it just seems a bit boring.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 5, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Petra needs a "but we can kill guilty children can't we" moment before she can become an Ein.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I thought it was cool that Guel won his fight with Shaddiq as a symbolic duel - he didn't try and kill him, and before he won be crushed his head.

He even defeated him in the style he learned from suletta, cutting him to pieces with funnels!

The once and future GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Mae posted:

I thought it was cool that Guel won his fight with Shaddiq as a symbolic duel - he didn't try and kill him, and before he won be crushed his head.

He even defeated him in the style he learned from suletta, cutting him to pieces with funnels!

The once and future GOAT

an honest to goodness legitimate win, without outside influence!