Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7234935901900557611

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Fuckin lol

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’ve only had one near miss with those falling rocks. Even the walking near-god Link can get sniped by the heavens.

I do like how the community in game feels more like you’re in hyrule instead of doing stuff to it. Maybe it’s because before I face ganon I’m doing all the gazette quests or whatever. Approaching stables just seems a lot more immersive game wise than botw.

I still get a kick out of the NPCs horror to link doing link things with his powers.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Question while I’m at work, do I need to put a head on a beam shooting roomba or does it seek targets without one

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Spent last night farming the ol' light dragon for parts, got almost all of what I needed over the course of 70 minutes and then spent the next 2 hours catastrophically failing to get the last fang

I wish I had a way to record or play back that nonsense, because I have never been trolled so hard by a game before in my life

I love it

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
In retrospect, it's weird farming the light dragon for parts.

ZeldaLink! Why are you shooting with arrows me!

Link: For fashion!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Question while I’m at work, do I need to put a head on a beam shooting roomba or does it seek targets without one

It seeks by itself just fine, I think the head just has faster rotation speed.

Edit:

Nihonniboku posted:

In retrospect, it's weird farming the light dragon for parts.

ZeldaLink! Why are you shooting with arrows me!

Link: For fashion!

It actually comes off as weirdly cruel to me that the Great Fairy magic requires those materials for the Champion shirt.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

sonatinas posted:

I still get a kick out of the NPCs horror to link doing link things with his powers.

Ditto this for the NPCs who protect their goods from Ultrahand. "Cut it out blondie, I told you that's my dinner!"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

You know, having finished BotW in a mad dash before starting TotK, I couldn't help but feel a strange sense of subtle off-ness, where places I freshly remember from the old game look and feel subtly different from the new game, even though they're topographically identical and with more or less the same graphics.

Someone on Reddit maybe figured out what the difference is: the Sun. In BotW, the Sun's always in the northern half of the sky, while in TotK it's in the south. Everything is lit from the opposite side, all the shadows are reversed. It's a very effective way of making a place feel a little disorienting in that "returning to a familiar place after a long absence" way.

Also, this means that either Hyrule is on the equator and whatever planet it's on has enormous axial tilt, or the Upheaval was so bad it plonked Hyrule into the Northern Hemisphere :v:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Pirate Radar posted:

It seeks by itself just fine, I think the head just has faster rotation speed.

Cool thanks!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I agree with the sentiment that the sky islands felt a little underdeveloped in the end. I think I was expecting to spend more time up there than I did. But I think the huge freedom offered by the vehicle system informed the design of the sky islands, and I wouldn’t give up vehicles.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I think it's better to use the head, because the head only shoots when it sees an enemy, which cuts down on wasted power and friendly fire.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also the battlebot has no elevation control, and the head has both elevation and azimuth.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I finished the third temple yesterday and I should probably start thinking about finishing the game at some point here, with Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4 out, and Final Fantasy 16 in a couple weeks. I'm nowhere near what feels like "endgame" progression, though, even though I've got like 15 hearts and two stamina wheels and level 2-3 gear. I've only got 3 full batteries and it feels like I've barely explored much of the Depths and I've only seen a handful of sky islands. I dunno, the world is just SO big with SO much stuff going on.

So what are the must-see quests and stuff that everyone's run into? I've still got the Water Temple and that area of the map to do, but otherwise I've explored (at least scratched the surface) most of the land regions now, and I dunno what I really need to do before doing the last phenomena and trying to finish up. I don't want to miss anything really cool, though!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Phenotype posted:

I finished the third temple yesterday and I should probably start thinking about finishing the game at some point here, with Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4 out, and Final Fantasy 16 in a couple weeks. I'm nowhere near what feels like "endgame" progression, though, even though I've got like 15 hearts and two stamina wheels and level 2-3 gear. I've only got 3 full batteries and it feels like I've barely explored much of the Depths and I've only seen a handful of sky islands. I dunno, the world is just SO big with SO much stuff going on.

So what are the must-see quests and stuff that everyone's run into? I've still got the Water Temple and that area of the map to do, but otherwise I've explored (at least scratched the surface) most of the land regions now, and I dunno what I really need to do before doing the last phenomena and trying to finish up. I don't want to miss anything really cool, though!

Did you do the side adventure at Typhlo Ruins and/or the challenge on top of the Temple of Time? Those are the side adventures I forgot to experience. Though the thyplo one does require you to have beaten all the dungeons, so...

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Question about super late game:

What happens if you don’t have Sages during the Demon Army battle? Do the five bosses that appear in the end have to be defeated in a boss rush mode like the Blight Ganons? I did everything prior to this fight so the Sages were like “I got this fam” and off I went.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

FooF posted:

Question about super late game:

What happens if you don’t have Sages during the Demon Army battle? Do the five bosses that appear in the end have to be defeated in a boss rush mode like the Blight Ganons? I did everything prior to this fight so the Sages were like “I got this fam” and off I went.

Yes you have to fight any boss you didn't fight as part of the story on your own.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Phenotype posted:

Post-game stuff: Should be noted that, as far as I'm aware, after you beat the game you're basically dropped back into the open world right before the point of no return and thus able to complete exploration/quests.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Asterite34 posted:

You know, having finished BotW in a mad dash before starting TotK, I couldn't help but feel a strange sense of subtle off-ness, where places I freshly remember from the old game look and feel subtly different from the new game, even though they're topographically identical and with more or less the same graphics.

Someone on Reddit maybe figured out what the difference is: the Sun. In BotW, the Sun's always in the northern half of the sky, while in TotK it's in the south. Everything is lit from the opposite side, all the shadows are reversed. It's a very effective way of making a place feel a little disorienting in that "returning to a familiar place after a long absence" way.

Also, this means that either Hyrule is on the equator and whatever planet it's on has enormous axial tilt, or the Upheaval was so bad it plonked Hyrule into the Northern Hemisphere :v:

I'm on the huge axial tilt/long long year side. Have you seen the chimneys in Hateno? They're the type you get in places with deep deep snowfall....

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Just you wait, they'll reveal that actually the switch games take place on a giant space habitat in the far future of Hyrule.

I mean, it would explain what's up with the Depths.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I already finished the game, but what happens on the final boss fight if you didn't get the Master Sword previously? Are you forced to get it at that point? What if you don't have enough stamina?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Jose Oquendo posted:

I already finished the game, but what happens on the final boss fight if you didn't get the Master Sword previously? Are you forced to get it at that point? What if you don't have enough stamina?

She just kind of opens up and lets you take it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I feel like the world felt totally different because of the starting area around lookout landing and your paths from there. [Old man voice]In botw this was all a guardian infested murder field..

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Phenotype posted:

I'd recommend everything labeled as a "Side Adventure," like Josha and Robbie's stuff at Lookout Landing, plus what you come across in Lurelin and Hateno Villages. That should also put you on the trail of the Yiga questlines!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
During the final set of Gannon fights, can your Master Sword run out of juice? I used it for all the phases, included the dragon poo poo, and didn't run out at all

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

External Organs posted:

I did eventide island last night and that was super fun. Then I went down to the depths there and did the colosseum, which was also great fun! I am not an amiibo person so finding Midna's Helmet was a real treat. Best princess.

I learned the colosseums reset at blood moons, so it's been a good way to farm up some mats for better weapons.

Runcible Cat posted:

I'm on the huge axial tilt/long long year side. Have you seen the chimneys in Hateno? They're the type you get in places with deep deep snowfall....

Last night I was trying to hunt the dragons and noticed that by gliding into Hateno from the Northeast, you'll be in snow weather up until almost the laboratory, which then turned into rain. It's likely high enough up that in winters it gets some strong snowfall, like Big Bear CA. As to Hyrule in total, the topography reminds me of Southern California. It'd be far enough south so that most of Hyrule would only experience mild seasonal changes, while also accomodating those more extreme biomes like the Gerudo desert and Hebra highlands

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 5, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

AmbientParadox posted:

I learned the colosseums reset at blood moons, so it's been a good way to farm up some mats for better weapons.

Oh heelllll yeah. Does the chest give you something else? Or are all the gates open.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

During the final set of Gannon fights, can your Master Sword run out of juice? I used it for all the phases, included the dragon poo poo, and didn't run out at all

I don't think so. I broke it during the Ganon's Army fight, and it was restored as soon as the Ganondorf himself fight started.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

External Organs posted:

Oh heelllll yeah. Does the chest give you something else? Or are all the gates open.

Unfortunately, nothing new from the chest. But if you're looking for specific enemies for parts, they're guaranteed to be there. I'm still too much of a pussy to go near the lionel coliseum

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Phenotype posted:

This is pretty much where I am too. Just have the Gerudo regional disturbance to do. I prioritized these because in BotW I did it the other way. Got so caught up in side quests and hunting shrines and Koroks and generally loving around that I burned out and never finished the game. My normal gamerbrain strategy is to prefer side quests and only progress the main story when there's nothing left. But there is SO MUCH GODDAM poo poo TO DO in these games that it's not viable. So this time I'm trying to push through the main quests first, then I'll screw around until I feel up to fighting Ganon. Even just doing the main story and side adventure stuff is dozens of hours of content

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tip for anybody who is farming the Lynel Collisseum, there's an additional armored one wandering just west of the collisseum. He's been the easiest/red version so far for me, not sure if that's static or if I've just been lucky. The armor shard makes for a good rock-breaking fusing to shields, so you can get 2 shards per blood moon and potentially more early parts if you still need them

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One thing I've learned doing all the caves is the best way to get loads of Keese eyes. For anybody interested: the flat plain around Yunobo HQ has 2 swarms out in the open that spawn regularly that you can toss a couple bombs into for 10-20 eyes, and lots of little caves around where there's a chance a swarm will rush out of. There's also a cave whose name I forget where 10+ keese spawn normally at bloodmoon, forget the name but iirc it's south of the Dueling Peaks South Cave on the map, two Zoanite spears also spawn there. I'm now at something like 250+ regular eyes alone and they're the only item I've found that's even cheesier than puffshrooms

bawk posted:

Tip for anybody who is farming the Lynel Collisseum, there's an additional armored one wandering just west of the collisseum. He's been the easiest/red version so far for me, not sure if that's static or if I've just been lucky. The armor shard makes for a good rock-breaking fusing to shields, so you can get 2 shards per blood moon and potentially more early parts if you still need them

I think anything armored will drop a shard, probably easier to find a bokoblin spawn that's armored unless the lynels drop a special souped up one

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

I think anything armored will drop a shard, probably easier to find a bokoblin spawn that's armored unless the lynels drop a special souped up one

They do look physically different, so I'm not 100% on that and I'm not sure if it's strictly better than other spike options like spike balls. I put two on a couple high durability royal shields and they've last for a while, just broke the first one last night.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
That armored lynel was such a pain in the rear end I just used an ancient arrow on it.

I'm really bad at dodging and it didn't seem to care about puffshrooms at all.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Try parrying or running around to be in an advantageous position then hit them when they whiff an attack. They also do surprisingly little damage if you have a decently high armor rating.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

One thing I've learned doing all the caves is the best way to get loads of Keese eyes. For anybody interested: the flat plain around Yunobo HQ has 2 swarms out in the open that spawn regularly that you can toss a couple bombs into for 10-20 eyes, and lots of little caves around where there's a chance a swarm will rush out of. There's also a cave whose name I forget where 10+ keese spawn normally at bloodmoon, forget the name but iirc it's south of the Dueling Peaks South Cave on the map, two Zoanite spears also spawn there. I'm now at something like 250+ regular eyes alone and they're the only item I've found that's even cheesier than puffshrooms

I never tested it but I feel like the bat swarms have got to be linked to time of day, coming out in a burst when you enter a cave during dusk. Lol if it's just some caves have em and others don't and I was looking for a pattern and forgetting to test it all along

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I never tested it but I feel like the bat swarms have got to be linked to time of day, coming out in a burst when you enter a cave during dusk. Lol if it's just some caves have em and others don't and I was looking for a pattern and forgetting to test it all along

I think it's just random, I had cave swarms at 3pm sometimes and I've seen the open world ones in the middle of the day. Just gotta always have a bomb arrow ready.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
took me way too many caves before i tried bomb, so many ooooh poo poo get em oh aagh gently caress i barely poked it with a spear i didnt know i had equipped, welp, thats 3 keese eyes at least.

bat swarm tip: collect a big pile if you do bomb them before going for another because the first will despawn b/c of the limit.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Epic High Five posted:

That's a great tip, I'll try that out. I haven't tried that. I know I tried the BOTW trick where if you want to catch fish easily, just bomb them, but they changed that in TOTK where if you bomb the fish, you can still get them easily, but they'll be cooked.

I finally fought the frost Gleeock yesterday, it was a much easier fight than I was expecting. At this point, the only enemy I have yet to fight in the game is Lynel. I see them and I run every time. Maybe it's time to take one on. I'm not very good at parrying, but they would be good practice for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Gleeoks are the only big ones I have left. Although, I've only killed one Lynel, and it was a long fight that used enough healing that I haven't tried a second one.