Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: nm

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Baddog posted:

When companies start paying installers 2/hour because "It's a tip job now", and it still costs 100 bucks to have a washing machine delivered..... I'm gonna go ripshit on half of you.

feel like maybe you should go ripshit on the companies robbing their employees and using you to cover their asses than folks trying to make sure the people who keep their houses in shape can eat a meal

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Baddog posted:

When companies start paying installers 2/hour because "It's a tip job now", and it still costs 100 bucks to have a washing machine delivered..... I'm gonna go ripshit on half of you.

They already do, dude. They outsource to third-party contractors who go pick up their day-workers from the Home Depot parking lot and send them your way, on the promise of tips + $X for the day. They're barely paid at all.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Appliance installers definitely didn't use to be a 2 bucks+tips job, and they still aren't here. I looked up a local job ad.

https://cscsw.jobs/denver-co/installer/CD81AD360FA04769A500BAC0FF049653/job/

20 bucks an hour, which isn't amazing but it's no degree needed. Health and dental, life insurance, PTO, 401k match. I also see some offers for contract gigs, bring your own truck, but they are in the 50-80 an hour range.

https://www.salary.com/job/appliance-factory/delivery-driver-independent-contractor/j202301131219462615867

I kinda feel like we're getting into something a bit wonky here where anything "blue-collar" is seen as barely scraping by. "unable to buy their own meals", really?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Baddog posted:

I kinda feel like we're getting into something a bit wonky here where anything "blue-collar" is seen as barely scraping by. "unable to buy their own meals", really?

If we are it's certainly not "blue collar" but "un- and barely-skilled manual labor" which describes a lot of delivery driver helpers/installers I've come across. No idea what they are/were getting paid but the guy with the class B CDL is definitely getting pair more.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The last time I had something big and heavy delivered there was one guy who was having me sign the paperwork and had a company shirt and two other guys who very much had a day laborer vibe - no company clothing, were getting a lot of detailed instruction from the dude with the clipboard on how to use the lifting straps to the point that it didn't seem like they had done it much before, that kind of thing.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
First quote is in for fixing the water main leak under my driveway:

quote:

Replace and install new 1" water line up to 5' - one year warranty
$668.64

Replace water service in 1" copper type L per foot (grass and or dirt)
65 LF x $226.9/LF = $14,748.50

Replace and install 1" Ball or Gate valve in galv pipe
$609.85

REPLACE AND INSTALL NEW 1" PRESSURE REG
$944.55

Additional work : saw cut cement 3'x5' to 4" Thick (does not include replacement)
4 x $471.9 = $1,887.60

Additional Labor : Cement replacement 3'x5' up to 4" Thick
4 x $975.00 = $3,900.00

MANAGER DISCOUNT
$-1,285.00

POTENTIAL SAVINGS $1,330.83 [???]
SUB-TOTAL $21,474.14
TAX $0.00
CONTRACT PRICE $21,474.14

More outfits coming to look at it on Monday. If they're all in this ballpark, I'll seriously consider renting a bobcat and cement saw and cutting/trenching it myself.

The foreman did say as he was leaving that if it doesn't work out with this company (i.e. other quotes come in lower) to give him a call on his personal cell phone. He has a side business and he'll probably be able to work it out for us. :ninja:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The dishwasher guys from Home Depot declined the install and haul away because the dishwasher has an extra ~6” gap from being slightly angled next to from the sink. I was left with a new dishwasher sitting in the entryway and redirected to the contractor lookup on HD.com.

Eventually got it installed but I still had to deal with disposal because the 4th party guy rolled up in a civic. Would not do again.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

The dishwasher guys from Home Depot declined the install and haul away because the dishwasher has an extra ~6” gap from being slightly angled next to from the sink. I was left with a new dishwasher sitting in the entryway and redirected to the contractor lookup on HD.com.

Eventually got it installed but I still had to deal with disposal because the 4th party guy rolled up in a civic. Would not do again.

Wait what? The installers you paid for told you to pound sand? Isn’t that a “call HD” problem not a find your own contractor problem?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

spf3million posted:

First quote is in for fixing the water main leak under my driveway:

More outfits coming to look at it on Monday. If they're all in this ballpark, I'll seriously consider renting a bobcat and cement saw and cutting/trenching it myself.

You don't want a bobcat (I'm taking that to mean skid steer) you want a miniex. They are $500-600 a day to rent and the bulk of that bill appears to be excavation. And then a bunch of other seemingly un realted poo poo that's not underground but they put on because??? Just ridiculous.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Motronic posted:

You don't want a bobcat (I'm taking that to mean skid steer) you want a miniex. They are $500-600 a day to rent and the bulk of that bill appears to be excavation. And then a bunch of other seemingly un realted poo poo that's not underground but they put on because??? Just ridiculous.
Oh yeah, by "bobcat" I meant whatever mechanized tool I'd need to dig a trench with a mini-excavator.

He explained how the setup going into the house isn't to code because it doesn't have a pressure regulator. It's also 3/4" now and this would replace the 3/4" with 1" up to the house (again per code for a 2 bath house supposedly).

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

spf3million posted:

Oh yeah, by "bobcat" I meant whatever mechanized tool I'd need to dig a trench with a mini-excavator.

He explained how the setup going into the house isn't to code because it doesn't have a pressure regulator. It's also 3/4" now and this would replace the 3/4" with 1" up to the house (again per code for a 2 bath house supposedly).

I did all this DIY, including renting a mini-ex, for under $1000 FWIW. I did not have to cut and pour concrete as that part of my yard was just turf.

I do have an electric 12” concrete saw that would probably handle cutting 4” concrete, if slowly. The saw cost me under $300.

$1500 for adding the valve and pressure regulator seems bonkers. It’s maybe $100 in parts? And you’re connecting the pipes anyway..

Pouring the replacement concrete would be a nuisance to finish nicely in the existing drive. I’d get a quote to sub that and roll up your sleeves for the rest.

Hell, fly me out and I’ll do it for way less than $21k

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

This happened to my elderly mother as well because her old dishwasher was hardwired without an outlet plug, and the "installer" wouldn't touch it. My impression is that if your installation is not the easiest possible plug-in and push-backwards install then they just gently caress off.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
When my main water line broke a few inches on "my side" I think it was under $3000 and they went PEX and rotated something around my pressure regulator 180° because the turn handle was jammed up against my foundation kinda dumb.

I think I posted about it in here.

They replaced copper and it's shelf life in the ground is 40-80 years at best but mine only lasted 30

Edit: the rest of my houses lines are copper and they used a dissimilar metal for the brackets affixing it to the studs and there is corrosion on them there so that will be an issue eventually, I suppose I'll wait for a leak then go back all PEX and redo electric, network cable and stuff and put some water hammer arrestors by the showers and major appliances.

Luckily my brother in law and father and law are drywallers and painters and I can kinda do everything else but plumbing or electric.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 4, 2023

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Baddog posted:

Appliance installers definitely didn't use to be a 2 bucks+tips job, and they still aren't here. I looked up a local job ad.

https://cscsw.jobs/denver-co/installer/CD81AD360FA04769A500BAC0FF049653/job/

20 bucks an hour, which isn't amazing but it's no degree needed. Health and dental, life insurance, PTO, 401k match. I also see some offers for contract gigs, bring your own truck, but they are in the 50-80 an hour range.

https://www.salary.com/job/appliance-factory/delivery-driver-independent-contractor/j202301131219462615867

you're describing a situation where they're paid $2+tips OP, I do not think struggling to buy meals is a stretch at that amount of pay. but keep blaming the posters here instead??

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wait what? The installers you paid for told you to pound sand? Isn’t that a “call HD” problem not a find your own contractor problem?

They refunded me the install cost and HD said “yeah that happens, here’s our portal you can use”.

E: it netted out cheaper, but I had the old dishwasher sitting in my garage until I could coordinate disposal.

Democratic Pirate fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 4, 2023

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

They refunded me the install cost and HD said “yeah that happens, here’s our portal you can use”.

E: it netted out cheaper, but I had the old dishwasher sitting in my garage until I could coordinate disposal.

That's a good thing. You don't want someone who doesn't know how to do anything other than lug-and-plug to be touching hard wired mains power in your home.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Motronic posted:

That's a good thing. You don't want someone who doesn't know how to do anything other than lug-and-plug to be touching hard wired mains power in your home.

Yeah, when I got my dishwasher installed the installers came out and immediately went "whoops, electrician needs to come before us" and we rescheduled.

Was kind of irritating, checking for that would've been trivial on my part but that was nowhere in their checklist of poo poo to do/investigate before the installers arrived.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Oh mines on an outlet, it was a lug and plug. The sink is slightly angled from the washer, so there’s some empty space the lines had to cover. Standard length reached it easily.

At this point I think they were behind on schedule and bet I wouldn’t put up too much of a fight.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
My neighbors are planning on building a fence around their backyard and I'm wondering if there's any "legal" problem with what they're proposing.

My crude drawing trying to explain the proposal:

My house is the green one, theirs is the blue one. The brown line coming off my house is my existing fence. The dotted line is the fence they would like to build. Basically, it would extend from their house onto my property and against my house. I don't know exactly where the property line is, but informally we're both comfortable with my existing fence being along the property line. That side of my house is rarely used, so I have no problem losing "easy" access to it, but do I need to be concerned that by allowing this that I'm somehow granting them ownership of those few square feet (maybe 30 all told, depending on where exactly they put the fence) of my property? Or any other legal concerns? They've said they're fine with me going into their enclosed space if I need to for whatever reason. For example, if I need to do something to the back outside wall of my garage, which is further back and built nearly against the property line. Or if I have a need to move things from my rarely used side door (not pictured, further to the front) to the trash/garage via my backyard. The back door on their house is their primary door, particularly if they want to get into the backyard. So, for example, building a fence parallel extending off my back gate to their house would be a pain for them, as their door would be outside their fence. And building a fence along the property line until they could turn to get to their house would be a lot of fencing built for very little gain.

Basically, I'm quite happy with their plan, I just want to make sure I'm not giving something up or inadvertently ceding something to them by letting them do it. Additionally, while I think I trust the current neighbors, there's always the possibility that they leave and some jerks move in and try to do something stupid so I want to do my best to protect myself from that. And since specifics matter, this is in Minnesota.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The half of the fence on your side would be your fence. I'm curious if it should be built with double posts at the property line so they are two independent sections of fence. It wouldn't add much to the cost.

It's good that you're OK with it, I hate it.

My concern would be what is done in that space, you'll have to be vigilant about them placing anything there or using it otherwise. Why do they want this fence now? Security against persons? I'd be OK with that. Pets? I'd not be OK with that. I don't need someone's dogs being on my yard. I say this as someone who lives next to two of the sweetest dogs that bark at me everytime I'm in that part of my yard. When they're free they're so gentle and nice to me.

I think the best solution is what they don't really want, and that's a longer L shaped fence that actually follows the property line and abuts the corner of your fence. You could make a tee section and remove your gate and add a gate to the front. Of course you'll have to chip in for it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FISHMANPET posted:

Basically, I'm quite happy with their plan, I just want to make sure I'm not giving something up or inadvertently ceding something to them by letting them do it. Additionally, while I think I trust the current neighbors, there's always the possibility that they leave and some jerks move in and try to do something stupid so I want to do my best to protect myself from that. And since specifics matter, this is in Minnesota.

Or you try to sell your house and every prospective buyer looks at that and says "lol no!"

Yeah, don't allow this. That's ludicrous. They want to put up a fence THEY need to pay for a proper metes and bounds survey and follow the local ordinances for fence setback if any.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Feels like the "right" answer to that if indeed you're talking about 30 square feet and the drawing is scale-ish, is for them to just build that fence line to the property line and then go halfsies on a north-south fence to meet your existing backyard fence, leaving your tiny area unfenced to the gate.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Reason for the fence is a combination of security and also they have a dog they'd like to let out into the yard. Because of where we live, and because of the history of the house, there are lots of people cutting through our side yard into their backyard to points beyond. Additionally, in another part of our shared lot line (between our garages) they've found people sleeping or doing drugs. So I'm happy for them to be enclosing their yard for both our security.

The drawing is pretty scale-ish. The space between my house and what we believe to be the lot line is about 2.5-3 feet, and I would guess the fence between our two structures would be 10-15 feet forward from my fence gate, so somewhere between 250-450 square feet. Right now there's a "sidewalk" along that side of the house (on my property), but it really feels like more of an apron for drainage than a true "sidewalk". Legally it's my "yard" but if I do own any grass there, it's just a few inches, it's mostly that sidewalk/apron. We live in the middle of a big city, so 0 setback sideyard fences are normal and allowed.

This is all very preliminary, they bought the house last fall, we talked briefly over the winter while we were both shoveling snow that they wanted to do something like this, and we ran into each other again last night taking out trash so we talked a bit more. Building 10-15 feet of fence along the property line for them to build off of toward their house does feel like it might be the best option. I could even move my gate forward onto that section.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

To me it looks like they're trying to basically use the chunk of space between your houses as an annex to their back yard.

I don't know that this puts you in any legal peril, but it could lead to lovely stuff down the road if they grow accustomed to using that space or, worse, improve their part in a way that encourages the use of your part (i.e. pour pavement on their chunk and have a green space on what's your side-yard for the kids/dogs to play on). Dial this to 11 if they later sell and the subsequent buyers are under the impression that the whole chunk is their back yard.

I'm just not a fan of stuff like this that muddles property lines.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Proposals like that are never worth it and always turn into a headache.

I mean, there are a million potential problems. What happens ten years from now if you want to remove the fence on your land? What happens if you want to sell the house and no buyer is going to buy a land with an easement for a neighbor? What happens if their kids break their leg on the portion of your land that you are letting them use? Are you signing some sort of lease to let them use your land or are they recording an easement of some sort? Is your homeowner's insurance going to pay when the fence post that's drilled into your wall gets torn out by some kid running full speed into the fence while chasing a ball?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Can you just sell them that bit of your yard?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'd build the new fence but then pay to extend the existing fence perpendicular to your gate to join up to it. Then you can remove your old gate and have a little more back yard and intact property lines.

Even if your neighbors are cool now, what happens if they sell their house? Whoever is buying will assume that chunk of land is theirs.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

To me it looks like they're trying to basically use the chunk of space between your houses as an annex to their back yard.

I don't know that this puts you in any legal peril, but it could lead to lovely stuff down the road if they grow accustomed to using that space or, worse, improve their part in a way that encourages the use of your part (i.e. pour pavement on their chunk and have a green space on what's your side-yard for the kids/dogs to play on). Dial this to 11 if they later sell and the subsequent buyers are under the impression that the whole chunk is their back yard.

I'm just not a fan of stuff like this that muddles property lines.

I 100% agree with all of that.

If you/they want to keep people from using that area as a cut through they can put up a fence that doesn't exceed their lot lines and you may agree to an additional piece that goes from their fence to your house so there is no way to cut through. I wouldn't allow any more than that.

distortion park posted:

Can you just sell them that bit of your yard?

That's not how this works at all. Not even mentioning the fact that it would be 5 figures of legal bills to change a lot line you may not even be able to do a zero lot line where they live. And that other little complication where your mortgage will immediately be called due if you somehow accomplish legally changing the property lines of the thing that is securing your loan.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 5, 2023

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS

SpartanIvy posted:

I'd build the new fence but then pay to extend the existing fence perpendicular to your gate to join up to it. Then you can remove your old gate and have a little more back yard and intact property lines.

Do this, it shouldn't cost all that much more than the original plan and it solves all the problems except that you'll have to kick in on the costs vs them doing it out of their pocket. You'll probably save some money having the installers do it all at once vs fixing it later. (assuming neighbor isn't DIYing)

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

that's my take away, I would not go forward with this plan as is

StormDrain posted:

it should be built with double posts at the property line so they are two independent sections of fence. It wouldn't add much to the cost.

It's good that you're OK with it, I hate it.

This. And then build a new fence from the double fence post, down to your gate

If they want your yard they can rent it for 20/sq ft/mo with a deposit for the cost of putting in a real fence (don't do this)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Motronic posted:

If you/they want to keep people from using that area as a cut through they can put up a fence that doesn't exceed their lot lines and you may agree to an additional piece that goes from their fence to your house so there is no way to cut through. I wouldn't allow any more than that.

This is the original proposal, so your original reaction makes me think I maybe didn't explain it properly. Minus the technical portion of who builds what, is them building a fence up to my house significantly different from them building a fence to the lot line and then me building something from the lot line to my house? If I'm understanding what you're saying, there would still be a portion along the side of my house that's practically enclosed by their fence, which is what I thought was the source of the original objection. I just assumed that anything that gets built on "my" property would most likely be done by me directly, rather than letting them or their contractors do work on my house/property, but maybe I should have made that assumption clear.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FISHMANPET posted:

This is the original proposal, so your original reaction makes me think I maybe didn't explain it properly. Minus the technical portion of who builds what, is them building a fence up to my house significantly different from them building a fence to the lot line and then me building something from the lot line to my house? If I'm understanding what you're saying, there would still be a portion along the side of my house that's practically enclosed by their fence, which is what I thought was the source of the original objection. I just assumed that anything that gets built on "my" property would most likely be done by me directly, rather than letting them or their contractors do work on my house/property, but maybe I should have made that assumption clear.

I'm saying they need to put fence where I drew the red line and arrow, not take over part of your yard (at a minimum, if fences are in fact allowed on lot lines in your municipality):

Whether you want them to move your gate up or leave things alone and NOT build anything in your yard is up to you and them, but in no circumstance should they be building an enclosure that includes access to your property as if it's part of their back yard for all of the reasons many posters have provided.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Motronic posted:

That's not how this works at all. Not even mentioning the fact that it would be 5 figures of legal bills to change a lot line you may not even be able to do a zero lot line where they live. And that other little complication where your mortgage will immediately be called due if you somehow accomplish legally changing the property lines of the thing that is securing your loan.

Agree the fees might make it a non starter but it's totally something you can do in lots of places, mortgage or not, you just ask your lender for that bit.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 5, 2023

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

My neighbors are planning on building a fence around their backyard and I'm wondering if there's any "legal" problem with what they're proposing.

My crude drawing trying to explain the proposal:

My house is the green one, theirs is the blue one. The brown line coming off my house is my existing fence. The dotted line is the fence they would like to build. Basically, it would extend from their house onto my property and against my house. I don't know exactly where the property line is, but informally we're both comfortable with my existing fence being along the property line. That side of my house is rarely used, so I have no problem losing "easy" access to it, but do I need to be concerned that by allowing this that I'm somehow granting them ownership of those few square feet (maybe 30 all told, depending on where exactly they put the fence) of my property? Or any other legal concerns? They've said they're fine with me going into their enclosed space if I need to for whatever reason. For example, if I need to do something to the back outside wall of my garage, which is further back and built nearly against the property line. Or if I have a need to move things from my rarely used side door (not pictured, further to the front) to the trash/garage via my backyard. The back door on their house is their primary door, particularly if they want to get into the backyard. So, for example, building a fence parallel extending off my back gate to their house would be a pain for them, as their door would be outside their fence. And building a fence along the property line until they could turn to get to their house would be a lot of fencing built for very little gain.

As someone who grew up with a dad that loved to fight with neighbors about fences and property lines this looks like a Bad Idea and you Shouldn't Do It.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Motronic posted:

I'm saying they need to put fence where I drew the red line and arrow, not take over part of your yard (at a minimum, if fences are in fact allowed on lot lines in your municipality):

Whether you want them to move your gate up or leave things alone and NOT build anything in your yard is up to you and them, but in no circumstance should they be building an enclosure that includes access to your property as if it's part of their back yard for all of the reasons many posters have provided.

OK, we're on the same page then. Good to know that my instinct was right that having them enclose a part of my property could cause problems.

Keeping all that in mind, I feel like I should ask about our garages as well. They're less than 4 feet apart, and who knows where exactly the property line between them is. But regardless, the space is so narrow that building a fence on the line would effectively prevent both of us from even moving through there in any way. So, a picture:

First of all, yes our lots our pretty weird. I'm the house/garage with the black roof, which is a corner lot. The front street is just clipped off to the left of the picture, and the cross street is at the bottom of the picture. Their lot wraps around mine, with their house and garage having the biege/tan roof. For reference/curiosity, the circled yellow part is where the original fence question is happening.

The green line is where we'd both like there to be a locked gate between our garages, that we would share access to. The blue line is their door into their garage. The red line is where we could safely build a gate that doesn't enclose any of my property in their fence. However we've found people sleeping or doing drugs in that space between the red and green line, so both we really want that part blocked off. And I suspect that if we put up a gate at the red line, people would be more likely to hang out there, as it would then be a dead-end rather than a through route from the street to the parking lots above and to the right of the picture. I don't use that space for any regular access, I would only need it for maintenance to my garage. Also the back of my garage would be the barrier for most of that side of the property, as putting a fence up with 6-12 inches of space between the fence and my garage would be insane, and it's a pretty common feature in the city to have garages built up to the lot-line and comprise part of a "fence".

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FISHMANPET posted:

who knows where exactly the property line between them is.

You can't make any informed decisions until you know this very pertinent piece of information.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Your neighbor needs to fence in their drat property

They have a weird lot and most of the value of their property appears to be coming from the fact that it's not fenced in making it look larger than it is. That's their problem

I would not allow them to annex your yard to solve their problems

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Whoever originally set up those lot lines needs to be punched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Motronic posted:

You can't make any informed decisions until you know this very pertinent piece of information.

How would knowing the property line is 2 foot 6 vs 2 foot 8 from my garage inform my decision-making?

And they are fencing in their property, this is what this is all about. They're not just doing these two little sections, they're doing the entire yard. I agree the stuff in front is their problems, but the space between our garages is a collective problem that we both have an interest in solving.