Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Saw a neat Saab yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/4omkdTe.mp4

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

A work of art.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I have worries about the longevity of wooden gears

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Just soak it in some resin I'm sure it'll be alright

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kafouille posted:

Just soak it in some resin I'm sure it'll be alright

gonna break my teeth on that reese cup

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say right place. It will take a real monstrosity to turn me off of huge tires on normal cars.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Monster truck prius is awesome

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

It's so bad, it's good. Right thread

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

well it is a BMW, insane maintenance is to be expected

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

El Jebus posted:

It will take a real monstrosity to turn me off of huge tires on normal cars.

Is there a corollary to the "it's always a Fiero" rule for this sort of thing, "it's always a Blazer chassis"?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

i'd rock it

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hold up. Is that a working odometer over on the right by the rear axle?
And maybe a speedo on the left that's not quite working?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

Hold up. Is that a working odometer over on the right by the rear axle?
And maybe a speedo on the left that's not quite working?

Holy poo poo that does look like an odometer, I didn't even notice it since there's so much going on. The other gauge does seem to move a bit as he pushes the throttle.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Still Less flammable than a Tesla?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The Door Frame posted:

Don't say that to Mathias Wandel

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 6, 2023

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

freelop posted:

Ulverston? Was there any sort of event going on?

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

freelop posted:

It’s entirely possible that both of those are running Ford V4 engines of about the same capacity but different origins.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Ulverston? Was there any sort of event going on?

Retro Rendezvous. There were a couple of other cars and a couple of stalls but it wasn't very exciting so I ended up spending more time in Beerwolf.

Another Fine Fest in a couple weeks though, that one is always the best.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/eUaREkY.mp4

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

We need to be asking how my guy managed to get down there to begin with.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Clue's in that massive fuckoff scratch on the starboard side, I think

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Sadly, the mystery of how someone could slide off a road way up in the mountains in snow and ice is unsolvable.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Sadly, the mystery of how someone could slide off a road way up in the mountains in snow and ice is unsolvable.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It doesn't seem like there's any snow or ice on the road. Maybe he just tried to park there.

I've never heard of Kaminari but apparently it's a pretty old body kit company and they're still making models from the 80s and they're very :krad:

https://www.theautopian.com/it-turns-out-you-can-still-buy-brand-new-rad-kaminari-body-kits-from-the-80s-and-90s/

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Incredible NFSU vibes.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Every gen of prelude continues to hold up and look slick.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mcqueen posted:

Every gen of prelude continues to hold up and look slick.

Lowered, big tires, otherwise stock.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hood mounted mirrors, like pop up headlights, were too good for this hell world.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mobby_6kl posted:

It doesn't seem like there's any snow or ice on the road. Maybe he just tried to park there.

I've never heard of Kaminari but apparently it's a pretty old body kit company and they're still making models from the 80s and they're very :krad:

https://www.theautopian.com/it-turns-out-you-can-still-buy-brand-new-rad-kaminari-body-kits-from-the-80s-and-90s/

Oh, my, they still make the RX-7 Series 2/3 ('81-'84) kit. Only $795...

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Pretty clean kits, not too over the top.

Haven't seen a J30 Maxima for a while!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I mean I get why they don’t do it anymore but hood mounted mirrors fuckin rule. They were insanely handy when you’re driving a semi, basically no blind spots

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Large Testicles posted:

I mean I get why they don’t do it anymore but hood mounted mirrors fuckin rule. They were insanely handy when you’re driving a semi, basically no blind spots

Hood mounted mirrors with convex lenses are the best. With regular glass, not so much.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

McTinkerson posted:

Hood mounted mirrors with convex lenses are the best. With regular glass, not so much.

I am kinda shocked more vehicles don't have an inbuilt convex mirror on at least one side. Driving 1 to 5 ton box trucks in the US*, the convex mirrors are what I use the most in traffic, with flat mirrors adjusted very close to the vehicle for backing up to a dock or along the side of a building. It's even better when the truck has a look down convex mirror on the off side. The little stick on rotatable convex mirrors are mandatory on my vehicles, unless it's a 1/2 pickup (which are wide enough that it doesn't matter as much).

*Chevy 3500, Ford F-350, Isuzu NPR , Mitsubishi FK, International 4000-series

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a hole in my front fender where the now useless antenna is, and i was looking at putting a mirror there with convex glass.

The 70s continental sedans had mirrors similar to mine, but made to mount on a horizontal surface.

My passenger mirror is useless for anything except parking.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Isn't that why passenger side mirrors (GM in particular) always said "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear" it was a sight convex/fisheye mirror

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hadlock posted:

Isn't that why passenger side mirrors (GM in particular) always said "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear" it was a sight convex/fisheye mirror

Isn't that a parallax issue? Your eyes are far off center from the passenger side mirror, making it difficult to judge the size and position of whatever is reflected if the mirror is adjusted "out", away from the vehicle.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Someone with a mid 80s GM sedan chime in here. I spent probably a thousand hours staring at that message

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It is a convex/fisheye. Only on the passenger side - hence, the warning.

I used a wide-view fisheye clipped over my inside rearview in my 65 Fury because of the plastic rear window, giant A-pillars (convertible), and no passenger-side mirror. I then used my outside mirror to check the distance of vehicles, because of the distortion.

The Bonneville also only has the one driver's side mirror, but I drive it almost exclusively with the top down. I still occasionally do the old habit of:

*check inside mirror* *vehicle coming up fast*

*immediately checks outside mirror for distance*
(they're the same, d'oh)

I never liked wing mirrors. To me: Disturbs the body line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
no passenger side mirror is the way