Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

note that Bryan Danielson is a six-time world champion and, crucially, a former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion, so he probably won't be embarrassed in 15 minutes like Kaito Kiyomiya before him + there's a very good chance that Bryan can actually win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

The Forbidden Door stories so far are

The Best Wrestler In The World is looking for a revenge against The Best Wrestler In The World

and

The Best Wrestler In The World hates that people think the The Best Wrestler In The World is being called The Best Wrestler In The World so he wants to fight The Best Wrestler In The World to prove that it's actually him who is The Best Wrestler In The World.

It loving owns.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/PMSkunk/status/1665472829368696832?t=VJBz-4ht5YtxJT3MLcJO_Q&s=19

Not sure if trolling, or being weird, or plain stupid or just all at once.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Guillermus posted:

It's a good question, especially with this one:

https://twitter.com/PMSkunk/status/1665441117100208130

this kid is nuts posted:

Well, you're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak

Thanks! Pandemic era NJPW - it's an extremely controvesial subject.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Guillermus posted:

https://twitter.com/PMSkunk/status/1665472829368696832?t=VJBz-4ht5YtxJT3MLcJO_Q&s=19

few things, to me, are stranger than ostensibly straight men demanding other men shave their body hair. like, why? why do you care? very odd.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Hoss Corncave posted:

It's a good question, especially with this one:

https://twitter.com/PMSkunk/status/1665441117100208130

Thanks! Pandemic era NJPW - it's an extremely controvesial subject.

Is she saying she wants to gently caress my dad?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Moxley does need better gear though

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

quote:

Roman Reigns: A Once-in-a-Lifetime Wrestling Phenomenon

Love him or hate him, there's no denying that Roman Reigns has become a once-in-a-lifetime experience in the modern era of wrestling. With his undeniable charisma, in-ring skills, and captivating storytelling, Reigns has carved a unique path that may never be replicated. He has managed to transcend the traditional boundaries of a wrestling superstar, captivating fans and critics alike. Whether you cheer or boo, witnessing Reigns' dominance and evolution is a privilege that future generations may never have. So let's cherish this extraordinary era of Roman Reigns, for it's an experience we may never get to see again.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Ah yes, the man whose current gimmick is 'murder hobo' needs to look 'less homeless.'

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Mox should become even more of the Trashman and grow out back hair

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

Mox should become even more of the Trashman and grow out back hair

:hmmyes:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Every picture of lacey Evan’s looks grosser than the last

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not sure how long, black pants and boots are any less "proper" ring gear than short, black trunks and boots.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, I don't hate Roman Reigns. It's just that he is too cut by Vince's standards, that he is boring to me. He doesn't have great in-ring and his charisma looks (for me anyways) like a discount Jason Momoa, who already looks dull.

He is one of the reasons that when I wanted to watch wrestling again, I looked at AEW and just ran away again from the fed. That and the lack of wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I watched the Roman Reigns/Kevin Owens last man standing in their pandemic arena and that was probably the worst non-nwa wrestling match I’ve ever seen? Did a great job showing off how cheap their video screens are and how dedicated they are to following the script, logic be damned.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1665240390793052160

It's a low hanging fruit considering who it is, but still. Montez was getting booed because he was going up against LA Knight who has been getting more and more over every week. Bianca was getting booed because her reign was 400+ days old and not once did she ever sell anyone as an actual threat either in the buildup or in matches itself. It had nothing to do with race.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Powerful post/av combo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
DOUKI: A Once-in-a-Lifetime Wrestling Phenomenon

Love him or hate him, there's no denying that DOUKI has become a once-in-a-lifetime experience in the modern era of wrestling. With his undeniable charisma, in-ring skills, and captivating storytelling, DOUKI has carved a unique path that may never be replicated. He has managed to transcend the traditional boundaries of a wrestling superstar, captivating fans and critics alike. Whether you cheer or boo, witnessing DOUKI's dominance and evolution is a privilege that future generations may never have. So let's cherish this extraordinary era of DOUKI, for it's an experience we may never get to see again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Guillermus posted:

As expected, Fight Forever is attracting the worst poisoned brains to comment because they've been suffering the recent WWE 2K games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJ-76Bnw-0

Just open the replies to any positive comment.

lol no thanks

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seams posted:

DOUKI: A Once-in-a-Lifetime Wrestling Phenomenon

Love him or hate him, there's no denying that DOUKI has become a once-in-a-lifetime experience in the modern era of wrestling. With his undeniable charisma, in-ring skills, and captivating storytelling, DOUKI has carved a unique path that may never be replicated. He has managed to transcend the traditional boundaries of a wrestling superstar, captivating fans and critics alike. Whether you cheer or boo, witnessing DOUKI's dominance and evolution is a privilege that future generations may never have. So let's cherish this extraordinary era of DOUKI, for it's an experience we may never get to see again.

Where is the bad take?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

few things, to me, are stranger than ostensibly straight men demanding other men shave their body hair. like, why? why do you care? very odd.

it's also dumb as poo poo. Chest hair rules. There should be more hairy men in wrestling

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A lot of the “Reigns/Bloodline is historic and unprecedented” stuff boils down to people who aren’t used to seeing WWE actually get someone over.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Maxwell Lord posted:

A lot of the “Reigns/Bloodline is historic and unprecedented” stuff boils down to people who aren’t used to seeing WWE actually get someone over.

its possibly the first successful long term stable angle since The Shield. The Shield having been a decade ago.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Most of them are too young to remember anything else or just have fish memory.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Pandemic era NJPW went really really hard on cheap heat at a time when crowds couldn't boo so it made the shows feel really weird. It worked for stuff like Naito winning the title back but most of the time it did not.

They also went for long matches as well which with clap crowds made everything feel bloated. I loke a decent amount of the clap era but they really should of switched to shorter matches that were more Strike based or grappling instead of the long epics or as you said the Super heat spots

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I believe that was because they were keeping card sizes small to minimise COVID risks so the matches had to go long so that fans still got value for money

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
There was no money in Chase Owens v Toru Yano for 45 minutes.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Nativity In Black posted:

Ah yes, the man whose current gimmick is 'murder hobo' needs to look 'less homeless.'

Mox has always kinda looked like a homeless guy. My wife and I were at Royal Rumble 2017 and we were sitting next to these two guys who told us the story of them getting into the parking lot and the one guy goes "Hey, stop, you're about to hit that homeless guy." The other guy goes "Wait, you mean Dean Ambrose?" The first guy responded with "That's not.... wait, poo poo. That is Dean Ambrose!"

It's nothing new for Mox.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I once interviewed DJ Hyde for my old college's radio station and he told me a story about how Mox had no furniture until he met Renee except for a giant mattress for orgies, and he only used a flip phone. While in WWE he would bug DJ for new shirts for CZW guys he liked and would only give him PO Boxes so Deej would have to send them to a town and hope Mox was touring in the area.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

its possibly the first successful long term stable angle since The Shield. The Shield having been a decade ago.

I am not trying to gotcha anyone, I just want to point out one thing

The shield was done to get roman over in the first place. They hoped seth and Dean would get over as well, but roman was definitely being built.

Sooooo who was the bloodline supposed to get over

Still roman?

This is both bleak and funny to me. In a decade, the only two successful stable angles they have done were both to get roman over

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I once interviewed DJ Hyde for my old college's radio station and he told me a story about how Mox had no furniture until he met Renee except for a giant mattress for orgies, and he only used a flip phone. While in WWE he would bug DJ for new shirts for CZW guys he liked and would only give him PO Boxes so Deej would have to send them to a town and hope Mox was touring in the area.

lmao this rules

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

he just like me fr fr

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

There was no money in Chase Owens v Toru Yano for 45 minutes.

Honestly, if anyone is booking Yano for more than 10 minutes, 15 tops, in anything other than a comedy match or a tag match, they should be having a word with themselves.

As much as I like Yano, and I am a Yano liker, his longer matches can be a slog to get through. I still remember when he was appearing in NOAH when KENTA was having his big GHC Heavyweight Title run before he hosed off to WWE to do a whole lot of nothing as Hideo Itami, and as fun as his matches were, his defence against Yano was a massive clanger.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

edogawa rando posted:

Honestly, if anyone is booking Yano for more than 10 minutes, 15 tops, in anything other than a comedy match or a tag match, they should be having a word with themselves.

As much as I like Yano, and I am a Yano liker, his longer matches can be a slog to get through. I still remember when he was appearing in NOAH when KENTA was having his big GHC Heavyweight Title run before he hosed off to WWE to do a whole lot of nothing as Hideo Itami, and as fun as his matches were, his defence against Yano was a massive clanger.

Yano vs Jado from New Japan's 2nd show back from their COVID hiatus is burned into my memory. 9 minutes that felt like an hour.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1665240390793052160

It's a low hanging fruit considering who it is, but still. Montez was getting booed because he was going up against LA Knight who has been getting more and more over every week. Bianca was getting booed because her reign was 400+ days old and not once did she ever sell anyone as an actual threat either in the buildup or in matches itself. It had nothing to do with race.

Regarding Bianca specifically I feel like the fact that her opponent got cheered over her in back to back title defenses in front of completely different crowds on literal opposite sides of the world kind of says a lot.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I both want to see and am terrified that we'll get Jado vs Gedo at Korakuen now that cheering is back. It'd most likely bad bad but also I want to see it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I both want to see and am terrified that we'll get Jado vs Gedo at Korakuen now that cheering is back. It'd most likely bad bad but also I want to see it

its fine if they both just retire from in ring competition after that

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm not watching unless they're wearing their classic ketchup & mustard gear. :colbert:

Not a social media take, but some creep on hard cam for Dynamite & Rampage this week had several signs full of Livejournal whining about some girl he used to date at Berkeley, and he still loves her but she's "dating a 4 now". Gross. They even started cutting around it on Rampage. Probably not a good idea to publicly admit you're stalking your ex.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 6, 2023

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1665756861843243008?t=bd-XtMg17rjrpoMxkHi-4Q&s=19

I actually am imagining Kozlov in late 2000s NJPW and thinking oh gently caress they're right but for all the wrong reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I know we will make fun of Cody forever but we will never top Cody Truthers

https://twitter.com/The_Advantage_/status/1665705648032567297?t=U8xAfzAFTYNujlvz3ROvOw&s=19

https://twitter.com/aygueyestasfeo/status/1665736032665366529?t=8j7Urn2feipZqa4ReX4smw&s=19

https://twitter.com/aygueyestasfeo/status/1665743202035326976?t=6KBDpa_EF412tTXxT3YqUA&s=19

And then he lost to Roman.