Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Xalidur posted:

I think I've decided to skip Silver Wolf and go for Luocha so I can have a second healer for Memory of Chaos, but we'll see whether my willpower holds up. Odds are mid.

I know everyone says you need a second healer (or Gepard) for MoC, but I've been wondering.

I'm not very far in right now (TL43) so I'm not sure what end-endgame is like, but do you folks think it's possible to build a healer-less MoC team 2? Is it viable to, say, drop your tank + healer in favor of Welt + Asta? That, and if you can keep the enemy broken, you don't need a tank or healer if the enemies never get a turn! :v:

The benefit to this, is that Asta also double-dips as a support (and fire breaker), so you still have another slot open for a debuffer or something. So instead of out-sustaining with a healer, hopefully you'll be able to dps them down faster?

The main problem with this strat is that I do not have a Welt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can go healerless or tankless but not both, and you usually need a team that's pretty optimized for the fight.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I've heard of people going without defensive characters if they match the element as best as possible while debuffing the enemies. Essentially slowing the enemies down to where they get as few turns as possible while you repeatedly break their weaknesses. It doesn't sound reliable at higher stages.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

facepalmolive posted:

I know everyone says you need a second healer (or Gepard) for MoC, but I've been wondering.

I'm not very far in right now (TL43) so I'm not sure what end-endgame is like, but do you folks think it's possible to build a healer-less MoC team 2? Is it viable to, say, drop your tank + healer in favor of Welt + Asta? That, and if you can keep the enemy broken, you don't need a tank or healer if the enemies never get a turn! :v:

The benefit to this, is that Asta also double-dips as a support (and fire breaker), so you still have another slot open for a debuffer or something. So instead of out-sustaining with a healer, hopefully you'll be able to dps them down faster?

Yes if you specifically build for it so that you live with 100 hp and do things like kill it in 1 turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vICl1IvBxlE

Is with an E6 Seele IIRC.

e:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1724y1A7js/

Same thing with Qingque

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 5, 2023

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Yesssss.

I prob won't have an E6 Qingque for awhile (if ever), but Qingque showcases always gives me the fuzzies. I will live and die by the RNG gods. She will be my project after I get my main teams up and running.

Baiard posted:

Essentially slowing the enemies down to where they get as few turns as possible while you repeatedly break their weaknesses. It doesn't sound reliable at higher stages.

Yeah this was exactly what I was suggesting. Ah too bad, 'doesn't sound reliable' also means I'll definitely never have the gear to be able to pull it off.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Looks like there's going to be a 1.1 maint for 5 hours that starts at 0600 GMT +8, which annoyingly is during the morning for me when I burn my stamina before work. I don't have the game on my phone so I just hope I don't cap out too badly by the time I get home.

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1665576169121497089?s=20

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 5, 2023

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

facepalmolive posted:

I've made it through the Halls using Natasha on one side and Fireblazer+March on the other, but the second side feels a lot more prone to sudden systemic collapse! Granted, better Relics on March might go a long way.

Edit to add: I just unlocked the actual Memory of Chaos but haven't actually tried it yet.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm at MoC #6 and my M7+fireMC team is actually better than my team with Nat. Would like to have a healer AND shielder on each team.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

I saw a video of a team that cleared Memory of Chaos 10 using March on one side, without even using Gepard or FireMC, but it was highly specific. I think the takeaway should be that it's definitely possible to get by without a healer, but you're generally making life a lot harder for yourself.

If your plan is to make up for the healing by breaking your enemy a lot, it really has to be breaking them with ice, imaginary, or quantum specifically. Anything else doesn't really delay the boss's actions by enough.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I find it hard to believe people are doing that stuff without spending a decent amount of money, unless Seela is so profoundly advantageous for it that if you did not pull her you are at a major disadvantage. I have been doing the M7/fireMC and Natasha split, and at least for me the shielding side takes too much chip damage. Maybe I am just bad at the game, but I have spent all exp leveling stuff and the lowest level half of my people are an even level 60 (though I do still have some fuel and 100+ passes worth of jade, so it is not like I have spent every last resource).

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 5, 2023

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Pain of Mind posted:

I find it hard to believe people are doing that stuff without spending a decent amount of money, unless Seela is so profoundly advantageous for it that if you did not pull her you are at a major disadvantage. I have been doing the M7/fireMC and Natasha split, and at least for me the shielding side takes too much chip damage. Maybe I am just bad at the game, but I have spent all exp leveling stuff and the lowest level half of my people are an even level 60 (though I do still have some fuel and 100+ passes worth of jade, so it is not like I have spent every last resource).

The description of the youtube video Kild posted claims they've spent $1200 on the game so far.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I have purchased a battle pass and a welkin but I have Seele and Jing Yuan (+LC) to lead their respective teams, and have five other 70s with level 70 LCs, traces all at level 6+, and appropriate relic sets with proper mainstats.

I could probably push another stage or two but I can't be assed to put more effort in cause it's Diablo time

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Jabor posted:

The description of the youtube video Kild posted claims they've spent $1200 on the game so far.

Well there you have it. Kind of need different tiers of what is possible between battle pass/FTP and whales.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Looks like there's going to be a 1.1 maint for 5 hours that starts at 0600 GMT +8, which annoyingly is during the morning for me when I burn my stamina before work. I don't have the game on my phone so I just hope I don't cap out too badly by the time I get home.

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1665576169121497089?s=20

6AM UTC+8 = 2AM EDT

so 2-7am EDT I will be asleep

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

so is Silver Wolf bad now w/ all these nerfs

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i am going to pull for silver wolf no matter how terrible she is

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tatsuta Age posted:

She's no longer Kazuha tier, but she's still good. They shifted her utility to damage, so she will hit harder to compensate. And you know like on her rerun we will have the roster to actually make some mono-x teams work and she will always be good there.

also

UHD posted:

i am going to pull for silver wolf no matter how terrible she is

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

silver wolf, skipping coffin guy, then going for blade

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Well there you have it. Kind of need different tiers of what is possible between battle pass/FTP and whales.

The 2nd vid is e6 mahjong so it's not like having e6 seele is what enables it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Is she next week? I can’t wait any longer.
https://i.imgur.com/Y0AgiIy.mp4I wonder how many Bronya's this game will have now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

these arent even nerfs these were known about for a month. they nerfed her bugs from the cbt but they were overpowered as hell, and they buffed the def reduction on her ult to compensate. shes still a good debuffer?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ubatcha clickbaited you!! all the people calling her good for the last month were using this kit!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

these arent even nerfs these were known about for a month. they nerfed her bugs from the cbt but they were overpowered as hell, and they buffed the def reduction on her ult to compensate. shes still a good debuffer?

Calling it a nerf and making it sounds like it all happened right before the patch goes live makes it sound more dramatic and opens the door to claiming consumer victimhood and bait and switch management by Mihoyo, which generates clicks on social media. It's future proofing "content" for "content creators" for the v1.1 cycle at the very least.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

She went from busted to very good. She'd have to somehow be worse then Pela to even be approaching bad.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Kild posted:

The 2nd vid is e6 mahjong so it's not like having e6 seele is what enables it.

They still have an S5 5* lightcone.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

calling it 'specific build' when its build $ is kind of misleading.

like the videos showing x character is actually S-class dealing 70k damage
(in SU)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I could have finished the battle pass if not for the weekly xp cap, rude. They could have at least kept it up for the new week until the patch goes live tomorrow.

I'm at square one for Silver Wolf, I tried pulling for some more eidolons and to build up pity and got Jing e1 at ~33 pulls and Jing e2 5 pulls after that. I just stopped there. I can't even say I wasn't warned having read in several places not to pull if you don't want to "win". First world problems. I like the guy but didn't want to use up all my luck there.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Very excited to aggressively ignore this next banner!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There's a twitter event

https://silverwolfgameen.belugacpn.jp/index.html

I know I made fun of someone for getting mad about low jade compensation for something earlier, but 'hey give us control over your twitter profile with ridiculous permissions and we'll give you 30 jade' is kind of crazy.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 5, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also its not a nerf if the character isn't even released yet!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There's a twitter event

I know I made fun of someone for getting mad about low jade compensation for something earlier, but 'hey give us control over your twitter profile with ridiculous permissions and we'll give you 30 jade' is kind of crazy.

I mean twitter's dead so if they want access, sure whatever

Now if they want my SA account we'll have to talk

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There's a twitter event

Just a fun little phishing event.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kild posted:

She went from busted to very good. She'd have to somehow be worse then Pela to even be approaching bad.

Is Pela bad? She seems kinda useful and the game has given me an E6 one.

Can spam her ultimate a ton, doesn't need skill points, enables Welt to do Welt Bullshit.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'm suspended from Twitter so rip my gems I guess, lmao

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

FairGame posted:

Is Pela bad? She seems kinda useful and the game has given me an E6 one.

Can spam her ultimate a ton, doesn't need skill points, enables Welt to do Welt Bullshit.

Pela is very good. One of the better supports in the game.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Well this is one of those, if enough people do this we get a reward event so even if you don’t do it you should still get rewards.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I don't know how much jade they'd have to bribe me with to get me to make a Twitter account. It would have to be at least four digits' worth. Maybe five.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I know not being on Twitter is all the rage now, but I was off Twitter before it was cool.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Xalidur posted:

I've made it through the Halls using Natasha on one side and Fireblazer+March on the other, but the second side feels a lot more prone to sudden systemic collapse! Granted, better Relics on March might go a long way.

Edit to add: I just unlocked the actual Memory of Chaos but haven't actually tried it yet.

Yeah I consider Fireblazer + March the pauper's tank + pseudo-healer. I also don't like using March because she has a hard time keeping up with AoE damage, is skillpoint intensive if she tries, and her shield messes up aggro targeting on enemies. I was just wondering how viable an entirely different approach was.

Anyway I don't plan on going hard at MoC, so nothing much is lost by ignoring March.

AshtonDragon posted:

If your plan is to make up for the healing by breaking your enemy a lot, it really has to be breaking them with ice, imaginary, or quantum specifically. Anything else doesn't really delay the boss's actions by enough.

Well, that's why I was thinking Welt + Asta speed shenanigans. More turns for you to break them, and more turns of them staying broken. Welt + Asta is your main line of defense; the break is the safety net.

Also E6 Qingque is quite strong (like E0-E1 Seele tier I thought?)!

Also Silver Wolf cannot possibly be terrible because she enables the best team, Qingque mono-quantum ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

please hack me Silver Wolf.

all it did was change my banner and icon. it is pretty cute

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 5, 2023