Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

That's a great tip, I'll try that out. I haven't tried that. I know I tried the BOTW trick where if you want to catch fish easily, just bomb them, but they changed that in TOTK where if you bomb the fish, you can still get them easily, but they'll be cooked.

I finally fought the frost Gleeock yesterday, it was a much easier fight than I was expecting. At this point, the only enemy I have yet to fight in the game is Lynel. I see them and I run every time. Maybe it's time to take one on. I'm not very good at parrying, but they would be good practice for that.

Go to the East Akkala stable, they'll point you in the right direction. I feel like that's your first intended fight.

They're not that bad, especially if you use (not a cheese strat per se but will make it very easy) keese eyeballs on your arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nihonniboku posted:

That's a great tip, I'll try that out. I haven't tried that. I know I tried the BOTW trick where if you want to catch fish easily, just bomb them, but they changed that in TOTK where if you bomb the fish, you can still get them easily, but they'll be cooked.

I finally fought the frost Gleeock yesterday, it was a much easier fight than I was expecting. At this point, the only enemy I have yet to fight in the game is Lynel. I see them and I run every time. Maybe it's time to take one on. I'm not very good at parrying, but they would be good practice for that.

Zap them instead. There's even an autobuild schema that's just a boat with a shock emitter on it and 3 sides of a box to collect fish.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Supremezero posted:

Zap them instead. There's even an autobuild schema that's just a boat with a shock emitter on it and 3 sides of a box to collect fish.

This is also the strat for critters, too. Sticky Lizards will die if hit with fire or bombs, but electric chu jelly will zap all of them and they'll drop to the ground. Seems to work better than shock fruit, but be careful if it's a wet cave where you get the slipping debuff when trying to climb, it'll have the increased radius that rain/water gives.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

bawk posted:

Go to the East Akkala stable, they'll point you in the right direction. I feel like that's your first intended fight.

They're not that bad, especially if you use (not a cheese strat per se but will make it very easy) keese eyeballs on your arrows.

Yeah I fought Lynels all the time in BOTW, just been nervous. And I used that strategy on the Gleeock. It went down after just 2 or 3 minutes, and I only lost 2 hearts.

Supremezero posted:

I've done that accidentally a few times. I don't really struggle to catch fish, so not generally worth to me to spend zonaite on building that boat, but if I'm on it and happen to catch some fish, I'll hop off to collect them.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Fought one of the fire Gleeoks on a whim and beat it without too much fuss. Then I stumbled into the Gleeok Den under Typhlo Ruins and ended up bailing when I burned through all of my eye components and my ~75 arrows. Much more challenging but besides feeling like I ran out of ways to attack once he flew super high up, it still felt like a reasonable fight. Even with 72 armor rating I was getting one-shotted (or near enough) by some of the later attacks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The ice Gleeok was my first. It was only after my heart calmed down after that I realized I won without taking any damage. In the cold. Game rules, they know how to make your victories feel earned when it matters.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Final Boss - I loved how the UI was used to express the stakes of the Demon King fight. The little UI "pranks" like the super long health bar and shattered hearts felt like something Toby Fox would do.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Final Boss - I loved how the UI was used to express the stakes of the Demon King fight. The little UI "pranks" like the super long health bar and shattered hearts felt like something Toby Fox would do.

Yeah, that was very well done and I might of let out of a soft "oh poo poo" when the healthbar just kept going and going.
I think the final form should of used way more of the heart depleting attacks, but this ain't elden ring, zelda will never be that punishing.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

RatHat posted:

I really liked (I recommend not reading this unless you've done most of the shrines already)the Rauru's blessing that's a fakeout and turns into a small puzzle. That was a nice surprise

So late on this, but funny thing is that I read this spoiler while in a shrine, got bummed out and then it turned out I was in THAT EXACT SHRINE. Let out a laugh with that one!

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

I've done that accidentally a few times. I don't really struggle to catch fish, so not generally worth to me to spend zonaite on building that boat, but if I'm on it and happen to catch some fish, I'll hop off to collect them.

There's at least two shrines that I know of that are like Golden Corrals for Link.

1. Sonapin Shrine near Satori Mountain. It's right next to an apple orchard where you can pick up around 30 to 40 apples. There's a small pond next to it with two oxen and a bunch of birds too.

2. Ga-Ahisas Shrine in the Sky (left part of map, a bit south of Rito Village). There's a pond around the dungeon that gets drained, leaving around 10 ancient arowana and 4 hylian bass. After you complete the shrine, it stays drained so the fish just flop around.

I'm sure there's other easy farming spots, but both of these respawn frequently, and require just walking around and picking it up off the ground. No goofy contraptions or convoluted bomb fishing needed.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

AmbientParadox posted:

Unfortunately, nothing new from the chest. But if you're looking for specific enemies for parts, they're guaranteed to be there. I'm still too much of a pussy to go near the lionel coliseum

Oh gently caress that's how I'm gonna get a photo of a regular Lionel Richie and its parts. I've only met the real bad ones because I started hunting them very late in the game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

AmbientParadox posted:

There's at least two shrines that I know of that are like Golden Corrals for Link.

1. Sonapin Shrine near Satori Mountain. It's right next to an apple orchard where you can pick up around 30 to 40 apples. There's a small pond next to it with two oxen and a bunch of birds too.

2. Ga-Ahisas Shrine in the Sky (left part of map, a bit south of Rito Village). There's a pond around the dungeon that gets drained, leaving around 10 ancient arowana and 4 hylian bass. After you complete the shrine, it stays drained so the fish just flop around.

I'm sure there's other easy farming spots, but both of these respawn frequently, and require just walking around and picking it up off the ground. No goofy contraptions or convoluted bomb fishing needed.

While you're at the Satori Mountain shrine it's worth hitting up the western lake on the mountain too. There's a good variety of random crops there, several deer, lots more fish, occasionally a bear, and three/four Octoroks to kill for more fish/tentacles. It's one of the few places on the map that I've consistently found multiple Endura Carrots besides giving them to Uma.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Thinking I knew pretty much everything in the game at 100 hours or more, this video proved me otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxgabpUBnM

Some highlights:

The falling pieces of sky islands can be fused to weapons, same with pieces of Hyrule Castle.

If it's raining when you warp to a shrine, and you want to change the weather at a campfire, you can build the campfire in the entryway to the shrine.

Sapphire fused rods can help with farming apples from trees or mushrooms from cave walls, knocking them all to the ground with one swipe.

If you parry with a weapon infused with a mushroom, you will 100% disarm the enemy attacking you.

If you add a pinecone to a fire, and light your weapon on fire with that fire, your weapon flame will not go out even in the rain.

You can fuse construct blocks to your weapon. And if you use ultrahand to fuse construct blocks to each other, the construct will instantly fall apart. (Here, I've just been pulling and jiggling them apart piece by piece)

This game!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

beat the Lynel colosseum. that was tense.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
How to cheese coliseum lynels

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7240960933604969771

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Finally we get to see Link and Zelda living together

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 5, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/rinhara5aki/status/1665724907525914625?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Stylin’ on Lynels? Goin goblin on bokoblins

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

It's insane that some people are playing DMC inside of TotK

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If you guys haven't been to the schoolhouse in hateno that zelda built in the reconstruction after BOTW, go there and look at the walls. it's the cutest thing

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

At this point, the only enemy I have yet to fight in the game is Lynel. I see them and I run every time. Maybe it's time to take one on. I'm not very good at parrying, but they would be good practice for that.

If you parry lynel weapon swings the moment they start swinging downward you'll consistently hit the parry. When they rear back to headbutt you need to wait a little longer, but the same idea applies.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Lol the game told me to throw the eyes in the chasms so I did and they all despawned. I don't wanna play any more

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yes my place is a bit sparse, but the views are AMAZING!

https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1665718063550066688?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you guys haven't been to the schoolhouse in hateno that zelda built in the reconstruction after BOTW, go there and look at the walls. it's the cutest thing

The school is great. Teacher straight up teaching history Link was in and he’s just taking it all in.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lol the game told me to throw the eyes in the chasms so I did and they all despawned. I don't wanna play any more

Same thing happened to me. Dropped in the hole, no eye. Searched all over wondering if it bounced somewhere. No luck. Transported back up to the nearest shrine, hauled rear end over, the eye was right there in the overworld.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

beat the Lynel colosseum. that was tense.

I dived in that with a full arsenal the first time and ended with a handful of my weakest weapons and no shields. Post blood moon second run? 2skilled :coal:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That eye chasm quest is fucky. The text encourages you to throw all the eyes down the holes first, then jump down to do the rest of the quest. But when you do it like this, they end up respawning back above ground.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Three of them stayed below ground for me but one didn't and I was so upset

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Yestermoment posted:

I dived in that with a full arsenal the first time and ended with a handful of my weakest weapons and no shields. Post blood moon second run? 2skilled :coal:

Lost one or two bows I think. Mounted damage reigns supreme.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I did the Lynel Collisseum the first time shortly after completing whichever one was the Bokoblin one. I think the Forest one?

The entire thing basically went "oh neat another collisseum! :) I wonder what kind of monster parts I'm gonna g-:stare::stonk::ohno:"

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Frankston posted:

That eye chasm quest is fucky. The text encourages you to throw all the eyes down the holes first, then jump down to do the rest of the quest. But when you do it like this, they end up respawning back above ground.

All four eyes stayed down their holes for me (and the one I wandered away from mid-transport respawned at the bottom) so I think it’s just buggy or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Same thing happened to me. It reset the three others after I had finished one of the eyes and had to redo each one individually

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

bawk posted:

I did the Lynel Collisseum the first time shortly after completing whichever one was the Bokoblin one. I think the Forest one?

The entire thing basically went "oh neat another collisseum! :) I wonder what kind of monster parts I'm gonna g-:stare::stonk::ohno:"

It's the first coliseum I found. I was not ready.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

All the eyes stayed down for me, even when the truck I was using to collect them all despawned with the eyes still attached because I moved a centimeter away from it.

I guess the game just likes me more :smug:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

man I'm taking my time and haven't even SEEN a lynel yet.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The massively improved enemy variety plus the much larger maps means there's a lot less Lynels relatively. There were 23 lynels in BotW, probably not many more in TotK, and over twice as much map (Triple, but no lynel's in the sky, so that gets cut out) so you're generally less likely to run into them.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Does anyone remember where there's a Gerudo woman looking for Molduga guts to make medicine? I could have sworn I ran across her the other day but can't seem to find it again now. Though it occurs to me I have not yet checked my quest log :v:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I was in a similar place (have since encountered one based off a stable quest), and wondering if they were in the game at all, which was surprising since they were such a good boss monster in BOTW. My jury is still out on Gleoks as a replacement.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I just assumed that yeeting all the eyes was going to get hinky so I did them one at a time to be safe. Only after I tossed the last one did I consider maybe I could have glued them all together, and dropped them at once, then moved them to the statue.

Also when I was doing the gerudo sphere quest one of the spheres disapeared after putting it in the holder thingy. I went back to where I found it originally and it wasn't there either. I saved and reloaded and it still wasn't where it was originally, and I retraced my steps to find it only to find it had came back to the holder.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

PittTheElder posted:

Does anyone remember where there's a Gerudo woman looking for Molduga guts to make medicine? I could have sworn I ran across her the other day but can't seem to find it again now. Though it occurs to me I have not yet checked my quest log :v:

... wasn't that in botw.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Supremezero posted:

... wasn't that in botw.

Look, Link's been in all sorts of extended comas. Time can be a little slippery after things like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Supremezero posted:

... wasn't that in botw.

I think the same character exists in TotK and they need Gleeok Guts this time