Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The funniest part of that article is

"Meanwhile The Mail on Sunday has learned that Prince Andrew has invited family friend Katherine Keating, 41, daughter of former Australian Prime Minister Paul Keating, to Epstein’s mansion.

He was pictured looking around the doorway of the disgraced billionaire’s home on December 6, 2010 as he said goodbye to him.

A source said: ‘Andrew told Emily Maitlis in her Newsnight interview that he had gone to New York to cut ties with Epstein, so it seems counter-intuitive that he felt comfortable enough to invite an old friend of the family to have tea. You must be wondering what he was thinking?"

I was only in there to get directions on how to get away from there.

e: 10 is the number on the door of a house in London often frequented by terrible nonces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Visited Sex Trafficking World to tell the owner that their business is a disgrace and I will be handing in my season pass.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Oh it's this person
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/darren-rodwell-racism-labour-barking-b2207861.html
:yikes:

I'm sure his completely impractical collective punishment idea won't just end up being used for racism, because as he says, he's basically a Black man because of his hat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Call the transport police.

did anyone tell him that this specifically means having a wank?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think that's his intent.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

1965917 posted:

I'm still angry that Boris got elected.

My faith in people took a real hit that day.

I look at it this way: most people believe the media. Or rather they concentrate on what the media tells them to concentrate on. As a press Barron once says " The Media doesn't tell people what to think, but what to think about" and when you've got a media as brazenly corrupt as ours, with as little push back as they get, a Boris Johnson victory was guaranteed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also the Brexit Party were allowed to act as transparent wreckers, then just completely disappear. Johnson won the seats, not the votes.

FPTP is a joke.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1665739132910419973

It's to do with this outburst:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1604983667998298112

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Guavanaut posted:

I think that's his intent.

Shame on them for not saying “beats off 15 police one handed.”

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Read that as "Go back to Britain"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

Read that as "Go back to Britain"

Even he's not that cruel.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The dwarf has done another one of those embarrassing videos.

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1665768428173684737

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sunak standing on the beach pointing his hands out and using his psychic powers to defend britane from terrifying small boats

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
'Small boat crossings' sounds like a nice wholesome thing. There's no way of spinning it into a bad sounding thing. It sounds like the pedal swans at the park.

But they can't say the actual bad things, human trafficking, modern day slavery, and so on, because they're against all the migrants and refugees equally, not the people who are using coercive control to force a fraction of them on dangerous crossings, so they're left sounding like absolutely unhinged people rambling about the small boats.

The plus side is you can derail that by asking "but what if I want a small boat?"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

you say you want to stop the boats and yet you yourself are on a boat, curious

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Only the high quality nonces and racists who didn't go to an event with a film director.

https://twitter.com/marcusbarnett_/status/1665761501293039616

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

fuctifino posted:

The dwarf has done another one of those embarrassing videos.

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1665768428173684737

the good thing is they can take the action man they nicked the life jacket off back to argos and get their money back after

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
He's got his hand out like the small boats are being thrown at him, like little lego boats

e: "stop the boats :qq: it hurts :qq:"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Did I miss this being posted?

Universal basic income of £1,600 a month to be trialled in two places in England

quote:

A universal basic income of £1,600 a month is to be trialled in England for the first time in a pilot programme.

Thirty people will be paid a lump sum without conditions each month for two years and will be observed to understand the effects on their lives.

Two places in England have been selected for the micro pilot scheme: central Jarrow, in north-east England, and East Finchley, in north London.

X

Seems something to keep an eye on. I've been looking up places where UBI has been trialed and it seems to have some real benefits, the trial in Namibia seemed interesting

quote:

From January 2008 to December 2009, a pilot project with basic income grant was implemented in the Namibian villages of Otjievero and Omitara. The project was organized by the Namibian Basic Income Grant Coalition. It was mainly funded by a German Protestant church, by individual contributions of German and Namibian citizens and by contributions of the German Ministry for Cooperation. The amount paid out per head was N$100 (8% of the average income, around US$12).

After the launch, the project was found to have significantly reduced child malnutrition and increased school attendance. It was also found to have increased the community's income significantly above the actual amount from the grants as it allowed citizens to partake in more productive economic activities. The project team stated that this increase in economic activity contradicts critics' claims that a basic income would lead to laziness and dependence.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Thirty people? Is that gonna show much?

Like compared to the Namibian villages where they demonstrated like wider societal uplift?

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 5, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

100% of people kept working and other spurious reasons mean it doesn't work!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alternatively they give it to people who have legitimate reasons for being unable to work and then shout about how it didn’t make those feckless workshy cunts any more productive and this is why nobody should get anything

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We seem to have glossed over these articles stating that Epstein 'served' the sentence lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He was sentenced to execution by spooks and that happened so

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Mail have already roped in that fucknugget shitpipe unblocking Rod Stewart wannabe to moan about it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12159875/Hard-work-doesnt-pay-Workers-slam-universal-income-benefits-trial-handing-1-600-month.html

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

He was sentenced to execution by spooks and that happened so

he was in prison until he died

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

I 'like' (as in, find immensely tedious and frustrating) 1) that the DM says that 'hard working Britons' have 'lashed out' at the scheme and the first two quotes are from Charlie Mullins and an unnamed pensioner. 2) The multiple people quoted as saying something along the lines of '£1600 is more than my salary/pension. It's a disgrace', missing the entire point is that it's a universal income and if it was actually rolled out at that amount then they'd be getting it too. Such amazingly little use of the brain - it's amazing these people can find their way to the newsagents to buy the DM in the first place.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

everyone gets it?! that's COMMUNISM!!!

pensioners complaining about 205 quid a week for nothing while the current 30+ year olds will be lucky to get a chance to retire and will work until they die on the job, but will still be the lazy generation because they didn't finished the job before they died.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 5, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Only I will get it? Brilliant, cool, where is it?
Wait, my neighbour will get it too? loving OUTRAGEOUS!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

"Hard work isn't worth it... hey, wait a minute, hard work isn't worth it!"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I love this genre of tweet

https://twitter.com/alpacaaurelius/status/1665042315302273025?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If we're doing ideal days just make it 5am for eternity. No work, always nice weather.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why is he milking the cows if he's drinking breast milk?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Guavanaut posted:

There was some kind of internal spat at the Telegraph a couple of years back, between "genius inventor Boris Johnson is going to save us thousands on our bills with this" and "eco nutters are coming for your traditional wood burner", I guess representing the industrialist and pastoralist factions of Telegraph Tories.

Nobody won, but heat pumps lost.

They're doing it again!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/05/the-tories-are-staking-our-future-on-technology-we-know-won/

The Telegraph posted:

Heat pumps are becoming a plague on all our houses

Has there ever been a form of mis-government in modern times which will prove so disastrous, reaching into almost every home in Britain, as the Government’s attempt to force heat pumps on us?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Some NEET who has never worked a day on a farm in their lives.

And is breast milk ice cream a meme or what? Cause I'll be Haägen Dasz titty

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Why is he milking the cows if he's drinking breast milk?

Having a family dinner and immediately moving to shagging also seems ill advised

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

yes I too would schedule to do work on my ideal day like some kind of incredible moron

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

smellmycheese posted:

I love this genre of tweet

Always makes me think of the 18th century novel, The Vicar of Wakefield, where the protagonist and his family get poor and have to go and live on a farm. You could tell the author had zero agricultural experience cos' the family spend all day having picnics, listening to the birds sing, strolling around the fields etc etc instead of pushing ploughs and shovelling poo poo.

I always think these people are assuming there'll be slaves to do the hard work, like back in actual Roman times.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Microplastics posted:

He's got his hand out like the small boats are being thrown at him, like little lego boats

e: "stop the boats :qq: it hurts :qq:"

He loves big boates though

quote:

Rishi Sunak confirms two more barges will house 1,000 people, as sources say discussions about more vessels are taking place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/irishloubega/status/1665469320359493634