Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just got Borderlands 3 off a humble bundle and was getting crazy frame drops (GTX 1080 so nothing crazy but should be able to handle it).

Then I tried downscaling the resolution on a whim and now it crashes when booting. I spent all morning downloading all 125gb of it so I figured i'd check if anyone knows solutions to one or both of these issues (i.e. where a config.ini file would be)
PC Gaming Wiki usually has config file locations (and workarounds/fixes to common problems, if possible): https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderlands_3

Some people apparently have issues with anti-aliasing, but no idea why your game would be crashing now.

orcane fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just got Borderlands 3 off a humble bundle and was getting crazy frame drops (GTX 1080 so nothing crazy but should be able to handle it).

Then I tried downscaling the resolution on a whim and now it crashes when booting. I spent all morning downloading all 125gb of it so I figured i'd check if anyone knows solutions to one or both of these issues (i.e. where a config.ini file would be)

my recommendation would be to not waste another single second on any game in the borderlands series

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

orcane posted:

PC Gaming Wiki usually has config file locations (and workarounds/fixes to common problems, if possible): https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderlands_3

Some people apparently have issues with anti-aliasing, but no idea why your game would be crashing now.

Yeah tried that but theres no entry in "My Games" for borderlands

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

my recommendation would be to not waste another single second on any game in the borderlands series

Yeah thats where I'm landing.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

DarkDobe posted:

I worked on this game.
I would love to take another stab at making something like it again.
I would absolutely include more confederate-mowing levels.
Thank you for your service!

Deakul posted:

It's really too bad that it ultimately sucked rear end to play, really ambitious title that should be re-attempted today I think.
Yeah true, Darkest of Days was definitely not a top tier FPS, but what else do we have for Civil War shootmans shenanigans? The History Channel FPS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXIjMlgPtsE

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Civil War (and other similar technology level) shooters are a gigantic pain to make because the nature of slow reloads means that you need something to prevent people from just shooting once and then running screaming at the enemy with bayonets. War of Rights does this through a somewhat complex system that punishes the team if you go out of line for too long, while others like Holdfast just have long distances from respawn mixed with inaccurate arms. Combat was more of a team sport back then and having people running around solo is hard to push back against.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I need a game where I'm a supersoldier from the future, just rinsing entire confederate battalions with my plasma weapons

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

CuddleCryptid posted:

Civil War (and other similar technology level) shooters are a gigantic pain to make because the nature of slow reloads means that you need something to prevent people from just shooting once and then running screaming at the enemy with bayonets. War of Rights does this through a somewhat complex system that punishes the team if you go out of line for too long, while others like Holdfast just have long distances from respawn mixed with inaccurate arms. Combat was more of a team sport back then and having people running around solo is hard to push back against.

That and the various buffs from officers and musicians in Holdfast, they have a lot of options there.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

That and the various buffs from officers and musicians in Holdfast, they have a lot of options there.

Those buffs are helpful but at the same time they still often pale to being a bush camper and flanking on your own to shoot the enemy line in the back, or even just charging in with bayonets. If you can get in melee range without the enemy noticing you can easily take out several people before they notice, and even then most people are pretty bad at the melee combat.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I need a game where I'm a supersoldier from the future, just rinsing entire confederate battalions with my plasma weapons

This could be done as a vampire survivors type game and be pretty satisfying I would think.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The confederates were pretty bad but how about a game where you slaughter mongols? Hecking rapist colonialist CHUDs!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
weird bit, not a fan

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Impermanent posted:

weird bit, not a fan

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
what the gently caress

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Something about LISA is happening tomorrow

https://twitter.com/DingalingGames/status/1665871890743717890

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

StarkRavingMad posted:

My favorite thing was calling in a hitman to kill one of the gang members in the building and then calling a SWAT team to come get the hitman and just strolling in through the resulting chaos to achieve my mission objective. I mean, I'm not killing anyone, it's just all these other assholes, right?

I liked that game a lot, especially after how disappointing the first one was.

I loved "breaking in" to high security corporate buildings by exploiting that you could frame somebody with a crime so long as you had line of sight on them, and police were able to magically unlock any door to make an arrest. So you could both clear out the entire building AND unlock all the doors, and then just casually make your way in, pick up the mcguffin and then stroll out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
oh hey dingaling, haven’t seen you seen you went mad and released an mspaint warioware fever dream with like 50 endings

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Hell yes give me depressing news on my birthday

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

disagree; play Tales from the Borderlands immediately

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shrecknet posted:

Seriously. Tales from the Borderlands (the first and only season ever made) is magical.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Forgot to pause my Humble so I just played through Operation: Tango. A really fun little coop game which plays like a mixture of We Were Here and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes with a pulpy 80s spy thriller flavour despite being set in the future.

The one complaint is that it's only about four hours long.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shrecknet posted:

Is it any less cringe worthy than 3? Because the trailers were painful to watch.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Is it any less cringe worthy than 3? Because the trailers were painful to watch.

far less

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

drastic reductions in both cringe and fail

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

SirSamVimes posted:

Forgot to pause my Humble so I just played through Operation: Tango. A really fun little coop game which plays like a mixture of We Were Here and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes with a pulpy 80s spy thriller flavour despite being set in the future.

The one complaint is that it's only about four hours long.

Operation Tango was so good I beat the expansion as well as the main game, and I never do that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait there's an expansion?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait there's an expansion?

:emptyquote:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Jack Trades posted:

It somehow managed to pull out compelling characters and a heartfelt story from the Borderlands universe. One of those games were I sat through the credits (in part because I like the song).

e: There's definitely still "Borderlands" in there, so you have to give it a bit of a chance to change your mind about that.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 6, 2023

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

no lie Tales from the Borderlands is the only video game ever to make me cry.

Catch a Riiiiiide.....

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Oh yeah, Tales from the Borderlands was a really welcome surprise. Definitely the best of the Telltale and the Borderland games by a huge margin and 100% worth a playthrough for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shrecknet posted:

no lie Tales from the Borderlands is the only video game ever to make me cry.

Catch a Riiiiiide.....

Walking dead season 1 for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

edit: originally had the tweet embedded but the crop spoils the punchline so

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Echo Point Nova (new game from Severed Steel dev) will have a demo in this month's Next Fest, along with Venba, Cattails 2, Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew (dev of Shadow Tactics/Desperados III), One Lonely Outpost, VideoVerse, Islands of the Caliph, Little Nemo & the Nightmare Fiends, Sneak Out, and of course hundreds more.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Severed Steel is amazing. Can't wait to see what they're cooking this time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's got robots

and still plenty of movement tech

the dev is aiming for a BOTW-style open world but with classic Zelda progression (ie getting tools that allow you to access new areas)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 6, 2023

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

The 7th Guest posted:

it's got robots

and still plenty of movement tech

the dev is aiming for a BOTW-style open world but with classic Zelda progression (ie getting tools that allow you to access new areas)

Yooo this owns.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The first one is kinda funny if you just lean into the main dude being a complete moron.

Actually, Ubisoft brought back Aiden in the Legion DLC and totally leaned into the moron-murder-hobo character....and it works really well?

To the point that Wrench and Aiden's antics tell a much more compelling story (minus the Skye Larson subplot) than the base game of Legion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really damning with faint praise, there

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Aiden appears in a single mission in WD2 as well. As I recall, he's gotten captured and Marcus has to help him get out. He's also perfectly fine with killing which, combined with his (unearned) reputation versus how he actually is, makes the crew both slightly in awe and uncomfortable with him. A little relieved when he's gone.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lisa. Looks like both games remastered in one package.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1666113537549189122

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What does remastered mean? Are the nipples even redder?