Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1665637409764290560?cxt=HHwWgMDR2caZxJ0uAAAA

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1665637629201895425?cxt=HHwWgsDS0ammxJ0uAAAA

Previews are up. EGO Heath is another low SP ID, inflicting Sinking on himself to force his SP down.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Huh. Thought we might get a self-paralyzer first*, but guess sinking got in first.
*Paralyze sets heads value to 0. Ergo, someone like N-Sinclair with negative heads end up benefiting.

e: below: Huh, so Heathcliff's does.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 5, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arcanuse posted:

Huh. Thought we might get a self-paralyzer first*, but guess sinking got in first.
*Paralyze sets heads value to 0. Ergo, someone like N-Sinclair with negative heads end up benefiting.

EGO Heathcliff's counter gives himself paralyze

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
*looks at the Sinking synergy* ...So the new Heathcliff enjoys getting Mind Whipped, huh? :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

EGO Heathcliff's counter gives himself paralyze

it also has 2 coins which is a first

Gregor's ID just seems bad. 2 1-coins is rough even with the rupture shenanigans.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 5, 2023

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Yinlock posted:

it also has 2 coins which is a first

Gregor's ID just seems bad. 2 1-coins and a 3-coin that only deals more Stagger damage, whoop de doo

Seems like he'll be fun if paired with Teledon.

Overclock and get heads for +10 charge on Greg, who then turns it into 10 rupture count with S3.

Hell, depending on how good his charge gain is on S1 and S2 it might be feasible to slap someone with 20 rupture count.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
yeah gregor looks like sicko rupture support. i am ready to Roll

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Seems like he'll be fun if paired with Teledon.

Overclock and get heads for +10 charge on Greg, who then turns it into 10 rupture count with S3.

Hell, depending on how good his charge gain is on S1 and S2 it might be feasible to slap someone with 20 rupture count.

I guess it depends on how much Rupture he can dish out. Seems like he needs a Tremor team or as you said good ol Don to get the most out of it. Those coins are still atrocious though.

With telepole Don and the rose folks we just need 1 more for a full group of tremor goblins

e: wait i can't read, the skill 1 has 2, false alarm the ID has been upgraded from poo poo to Okay

e2: speaking of coins EGO Heathcliff's are cracked, 3-4-3 is nuts and he has the Kurokumo Hong Lu thing where his skill 2 is the super murder one

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 5, 2023

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021
Rather hopefull for good synergy between Rosespanner Gregor and AAED Gregor. Seems like Charge/Rupture support.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Makes me wonder if all E.G.O. IDs will be low sanity IDs or not.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Laetitia is clearly a positive coin ID, because she is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Makes me wonder if all E.G.O. IDs will be low sanity IDs or not.

Lobotomy EGOs only do stuff like that if you don't have the stats to handle them, looks like someone skimped on training their Temperence

e: It's a cool idea though and I dunno why I never thought of it before, of course all those EGOs didn't magically vanish after L Corp collapsed

Good thing the main branch became the library otherwise someone might dig up the motherlode and just go loving nuts with CENSORED's claw arm or whatever

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 5, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, I was looking at the notes for the patches and stuff that's coming this week, and something new: Now, your team will gain extra actions in normal fights in the order you selected them on the deploy screen, not randomly.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Yinlock posted:

Lobotomy EGOs only do stuff like that if you don't have the stats to handle them, looks like someone skimped on training their Temperence

Lobotomy EGO also requires constant maintenance to function properly, and that has probably been skimped on a bit since the Wing snapped.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

Lobotomy EGO also requires constant maintenance to function properly, and that has probably been skimped on a bit since the Wing snapped.

Does it? It wouldn't surprise me but I don't remember that being mentioned anywhere. Makes sense though.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
EGO maintenance is mentioned in one of the Chesed cutscenes, and I believe (unless I misremember) that there was something about it in Wonderlab as well.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I'll be honest, I don't get why this is the EGO ID for Sunshower and not the Regular ID for, like, such and such from the TLA. The preview video (and some of his dialogue) even makes this connection. I was expecting an EGO ID to be more about the EGO/Abno, possibly with stuff to distinguish it from regular IDs mechanics-wise.

It looks strong as hell (assuming a similar power-level to Sinclair's negative coin ID) and the Defense is a straight up attack you can choose to use at any time? That's cool but...

I guess my issue here is this reads more to me like Nameless X of TLA, also the TLA part is the important part even though the EGO's name and identity are front and center? It feels muddied?

It's like, imagine we get Fourth Match Flame EGO ID for someone but actually it's just technically someone nameless from Liu and we don't really get much from it either as a Liu ID or as a FMF EGO ID, lorewise.

Hope I'm wrong and it's actually a rich synesthesia of multiple lore threads and cool mechanics, ofc, but...

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 5, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
what

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

The theming of the ID feels muddied to me, and I was expecting (perhaps unreasonably) for EGO IDs to be distinct from Regular IDs somewhat, either mechanically or lorewise or both.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

It's wild how I've played 20+ hours of LC, 20+ of LoR, and have been playing this since day 1, reading all of the story, etc, and I have No loving Clue what is going on and what half the stuff discussed in this thread is about.

Anyway, can't wait to pull on tattered umbrella man.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Incidentally, Library of Ruina is 66% off this week if you don't already have it. I just bought it but haven't started yet because I wanna finish Lobotomy Corp first (on Hokma suppression at the moment :negative:)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GoodluckJonathan posted:

It's wild how I've played 20+ hours of LC, 20+ of LoR, and have been playing this since day 1, reading all of the story, etc, and I have No loving Clue what is going on and what half the stuff discussed in this thread is about.

Anyway, can't wait to pull on tattered umbrella man.

The plot isn't that hard to follow. Sure, we're being undersold on information but that's seemingly intentional on Faust and Vergil's parts.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Junpei posted:

undersold on information

lmao

Ah yes, the Golden Boughs? Well, you see, they look like branches of a tree, and they sparkle as if made from gold. Hope that clears things up for you! Pay no attention to the space near the back of the bus that seems to go on for infinity and apparently eats people. Tally ho!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

KazigluBey posted:

The theming of the ID feels muddied to me, and I was expecting (perhaps unreasonably) for EGO IDs to be distinct from Regular IDs somewhat, either mechanically or lorewise or both.

Literally every attack is named after the umbrella the fox the ID is based on is themed around being abused by. Furthermore the mechanical design is all about losing sanity and becoming EGO corroded by the EGO.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

GoodluckJonathan posted:

lmao

Ah yes, the Golden Boughs? Well, you see, they look like branches of a tree, and they sparkle as if made from gold. Hope that clears things up for you! Pay no attention to the space near the back of the bus that seems to go on for infinity and apparently eats people. Tally ho!
tbh think Vergil wasn't completely taking the piss.
Just mostly.
Roughly 98%.

...So, when asked what the Boughs are for, Vergil explains to Dante that the Golden Boughs are Branches.
Not directly helpful to Dante, that.
So, better question: What does one do with a normal branch?
Break it up, burn it as fuel, plant it to try and grow a new tree or graft it onto another?
I'd hazard Limbus Company is up to one of the latter two; planting or grafting.
How or why, don't know. Get into making/selling/exploiting Abno's for fun and profit?
Imagine it'll be a while before finding anything specific out for sure.

e: so nothing terribly revealing, but it would be a starting point for Dante to think on.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 6, 2023

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cool fun cut content :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhdxoAA0rM

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

The part with the GPS is just straight up torture. Although, I think the part of the memento is still in the game I believe.

Arzaac posted:

Incidentally, Library of Ruina is 66% off this week if you don't already have it. I just bought it but haven't started yet because I wanna finish Lobotomy Corp first (on Hokma suppression at the moment :negative:)

Still trying to have a tool that doesn't mess with me in the long run. It's difficult.

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 6, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
focusing less on plot and more on character, it's interesting to see bits of character development. Outis, who initially seems like she doesn't respect anyone, is getting closer to Meursault-he agrees with her opinion early on, and then she asks him if she agrees with her later on when Shrenne's betrayal is confirmed in her mind and he agrees as well.

Also, Heathcliff is getting a lot more protective, shielding Gregor and asking Dante to undo Don Quixote's wounds.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

focusing less on plot and more on character, it's interesting to see bits of character development. Outis, who initially seems like she doesn't respect anyone, is getting closer to Meursault-he agrees with her opinion early on, and then she asks him if she agrees with her later on when Shrenne's betrayal is confirmed in her mind and he agrees as well.

Also, Heathcliff is getting a lot more protective, shielding Gregor and asking Dante to undo Don Quixote's wounds.
K Corp dude going "how much can you trust your employees? :)" and I'm going "holy poo poo they're actually working together and actively protecting each other, getting along and they've stopped murdering each other! And Don's stopped stirring up poo poo every time we step off the bus! Evidently the answer is way more than I ever expected to!"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

K Corp dude going "how much can you trust your employees? :)" and I'm going "holy poo poo they're actually working together and actively protecting each other, getting along and they've stopped murdering each other! And Don's stopped stirring up poo poo every time we step off the bus! Evidently the answer is way more than I ever expected to!"

lol that's actually a really good point, our gaggle of violent tabletop party morons have become a much more cooperative gaggle of violent tabletop party morons in the last 3.7 chapters

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Google Jeb Bush posted:

lol that's actually a really good point, our gaggle of violent tabletop party morons have become a much more cooperative gaggle of violent tabletop party morons in the last 3.7 chapters

Getting attacked by chicken headcrabs and forced to cook for a chicken man will do that I guess

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That's an interesting bit of Gregor lore, I thought the lady who bugged his arm was his sister. I don't think that was in the scene we got.

Also it's kinda heartwarming in a super messed up way that a Yuri GPS works because Charon will actually pay attention to her voice

Google Jeb Bush posted:

There's kind of a divide but it still utterly disproves Dongrang's weaseling.

Team players: Faust(unless it involves explaining anything at all to poor Dante), Heathcliff(somehow became the nicest dude despite every other sentence he utters being an outright threat), Gregor(doesn't like pointless murder), Sinclair(has basic empathy), Meursault(does his job), Rodion(pretty much always down for whatever) and Ishmael(stopped respecting Dante but is kinda coming back around on that, pretty reasonable anyway)

Needs Improvement:: Don(tries to help at least), Yi Sang(asleep in the corner), Hong Lu(a sentient Three Olives post), Ryoshu(switches between team player and murderhobo depending entirely on her mood) and Outis(would take a thousand bullets for Dante but doesn't care about what happens to anyone else)

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
I think the main thing with Vergilius' response about the Boughs is that it's a lot easier to make a joke than it is to say "Well Lobotomy Corporation's co-founder pulled a beached-whale-rear end moment and now we are never going to STOP finding the body, but her limbic and nervous systems are pretty valuable stuff given the whole Singularity thing" and expect any response other than Permanent loving Screaming. Dante's not quite ready for that kind of information.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Lord_Magmar posted:

Literally every attack is named after the umbrella the fox the ID is based on is themed around being abused by.

Right, so why not commit to that fully instead of mixing it alongside Technology Liberation Alliance elements as well - in the preview it's tagged as a TLA ID and at least one of the barks indicates it's kinda' of a TLA ID as well, functionally it seems from what was shown that it's a nameless TLA goon who happens to have this particular EGO on?

Lord_Magmar posted:

Furthermore the mechanical design is all about losing sanity and becoming EGO corroded by the EGO.

They already did this negative san/coin thing with the Gripped Sinclair ID meaning I do not think it's exclusively an EGO ID design, and I don't think the intention here is to hit -45 either.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Because IDs are based on other people, so it's an ID based on a TLA person who uses the EGO as their own equipment. It's not 'Heathcliff wearing an EGO' it's 'Heathcliff using an ID that puts him into the role of someone who has the EGO as their equipment'. Like how Faust has an ID that puts her into the role of Kromer, and another that puts her into the role of Yuri, etc. We just don't know who that is quite yet because we haven't seen anyone using it in the story. We'll probably meet them in part 2.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Hey guys, time for TQ to do another math as I try to figure optimal farm strats.

Given that: We can get 12 modules a day, and this comes out to 84/week, what will the best way to spend them be after 6/29 and the release of all relevant Mirror Dungeon Content? *assuming there is no event that requires us to change module spending habits

I'm going to assume infinite time, so skips will not be considered. I will be assuming paid battle pass, because I have it and this is for my farm. :v: Let's look at our possibilities:

-2 modules, +4 gold/silver xp tickets (1/day for daily)
-2 modules, +6 thread (1/day for daily, max 3/day)
-5 modules, +30 bxp (as many as you like)
-6 modules, +75 bxp (3/week)

I want to come up with something that's module-neutral and gives maximum bang for buck. The only thing that's 100% on the table is 18 modules for 3 hard runs/week. 3.75 nom crates per module is the biggest bang:buck ratio in the game right now. This leaves us 66 modules to work with. First question I have: is thread lux more efficient for thread than 5 module dungeon?

2 modules : 6 thread = 1:3 ratio
5 modules : 30 bxp : 9 nom crates : ~18 thread = 1:~3.6 ratio

Sure is! There's no reason to spend more modules than absolutely necessary on gold/silver xp tickets, or on thread, to maximize our bxp gains. ...But should we even be doing that? Let's see what happens if we do each one 1/day.

For 14 total runs (28 modules), we get a total of 28 daily xp, and 8 weekly xp. This is a total of 36 exp. With that same number of modules, we could do 5 and a half level 2 MD's, for a total of 150 bxp (plus half a run). There is a slight seasonal bonus for doing 30 stages, but the bonus is only 5 xp per stage, it's negligible. It's not even close. Given all of this, assuming infinite time the only reason in normal grind mode to ever do anything but the new Mirror Dungeons is because we want to get our hands on Identity EXP tickets, which is incredibly situational.

Thus, the optimal farm strat for paid BP havers is:

-3 Hard MD 2
-13 Normal MD 2
-1 Module left over

The only downside is that running 16 mirror dungeons a week will probably drive a person to madness, as that is slightly more than 2/day and these ones are 10 stages longer than the current MD to boot. :shepicide:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

KazigluBey posted:

Right, so why not commit to that fully instead of mixing it alongside Technology Liberation Alliance elements as well - in the preview it's tagged as a TLA ID and at least one of the barks indicates it's kinda' of a TLA ID as well, functionally it seems from what was shown that it's a nameless TLA goon who happens to have this particular EGO on?

They already did this negative san/coin thing with the Gripped Sinclair ID meaning I do not think it's exclusively an EGO ID design, and I don't think the intention here is to hit -45 either.

It is a TLA Goon who is wielding an EGO that is overtaking them, that's the point. It's like if we got an identity for "Everything There of an Inquisitor". It isn't the actual Abnormality, but it is their EGO overtaking a person. Further pushed through the lens of Heathcliff becoming the person being overtaken.

I imagine all EGO ID will work like this, it isn't the Sinner becoming that EGO/Abnormality, but it is showing what happens when someone becomes overtaken by EGO. Think of how the corrosion quotes for our EGO attacks still contain some of the sinner personality, this is the permanent version of that state.

But on a thematic and mechanical level I think it perfectly represents Heathcliff becoming a person struggling to keep their personal sense of self against the over-riding all consuming experience of the Abnormality whose EGO they're trying to wield. The constant self sanity damage, the sinking and paralysis, all of it represents that struggle against the mindset of the Fox abused by Umbrellas (or whatever the Abnormality is).

For what it's worth, the Abnormality seems to be a sort of, scapegoat/mindless abuse thing. Seeing a creature cold and wet and hurting it rather than helping it, with the symbology of the umbrella representing both options. Hence Heathcliff vengefully hitting back, rather than just taking the abuse as the fox itself might.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 6, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Cirina posted:

Because IDs are based on other people, so it's an ID based on a TLA person who uses the EGO as their own equipment. It's not 'Heathcliff wearing an EGO' it's 'Heathcliff using an ID that puts him into the role of someone who has the EGO as their equipment'. Like how Faust has an ID that puts her into the role of Kromer, and another that puts her into the role of Yuri, etc. We just don't know who that is quite yet because we haven't seen anyone using it in the story. We'll probably meet them in part 2.
Because of the hood, I strongly suspect that this is actually a Dongbaek identity (aka the woman who stabbed Yi Sang and may or may not be his wife) so it's likely not a "goon" but rather a specific named character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Because of the hood, I strongly suspect that this is actually a Dongbaek identity (aka the woman who stabbed Yi Sang and may or may not be his wife) so it's likely not a "goon" but rather a specific named character.

You say that like she wouldn't totally have an SA account if she had the chance. :v: