Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PittTheElder posted:

Does anyone remember where there's a Gerudo woman looking for Molduga guts to make medicine? I could have sworn I ran across her the other day but can't seem to find it again now. Though it occurs to me I have not yet checked my quest log :v:

I think she’s near the Gerudo Highlands stable, next to a tent.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
With as little spoilers as possible, where do I go/who tips me off on how to get through the lost woods?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Supremezero posted:

... wasn't that in botw.

Yeah it was, I could be incorrectly recalling and it is in fact this:

Alxprit posted:

I think the same character exists in TotK and they need Gleeok Guts this time

RatHat posted:

I think she’s near the Gerardo Highlands stable, next to a tent.

Ah yeah okay, knowing that it's actually Gleeok guts has led me to the correct quest, thanks lads.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 5, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ninjoatse.cx posted:

With as little spoilers as possible, where do I go/who tips me off on how to get through the lost woods?

I don't think anybody in game tells you how to do it, just something you have to figure out yourself using the techniques you already know about traversal

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You can get there with the tools from the tutorial island and what you know about the world from the first thirty minutes or so past the tutorial.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
ok, I'll give it a shot

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

they might give you breadcrumbs for lost woods if you haven't done it by the time you're ready for endgame, but I wouldn't know...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think there's a korok in front of the normal entrance that gives a hint. I personally blew right past it and spent 2 hours hammering away at obvious dead ends like a moron, as is my way.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I think there's a korok in front of the normal entrance that gives a hint. I personally blew right past it and spent 2 hours hammering away at obvious dead ends like a moron, as is my way.

I never saw that korok.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CainFortea posted:

I never saw that korok.

I don't think it's right in front, but I've heard there's one around there somewhere. It may be one you find that has unique dialogue like a couple have.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CainFortea posted:

I never saw that korok.

Me neither. Time to find me a large rock, I've got some droppin' left to do

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I started getting hints for the lost woods from koroks after a certain point in the game. i don't know what triggers it, but if you go back to the lost woods there's people and koroks there and they pretty strongly hint at the way to do it

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Phrased like a Dark Souls message: Try down, and then be wary of up

I think hints start dropping as the story progresses, but my big tip off came from exploring.

BurntCornMuffin fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 5, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just killed the Mud Like Like along with Sidon and boy do they look weird

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just killed the Mud Like Like along with Sidon and boy do they look weird

It's called santorum

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Epic High Five posted:

Where is the normal entrance?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fangz posted:

Where is the normal entrance?

The southeast corner of the island, a little north of the stable and the military training place. That's where you would typically walk in to begin the Lost Woods quest in BOTW

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The entrance to the Lost Woods is one of those things that is very obvious when you realize the old entrance is (light spoilers) a complete non-starter. Don't bang your head against that wall.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How am I supposed to reach the sky islands that aren't next to scout towers, a fuckton of batteries and a hot air balloon? or should I just keep exploring and maybe something else shows up later?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Agent355 posted:

How am I supposed to reach the sky islands that aren't next to scout towers, a fuckton of batteries and a hot air balloon? or should I just keep exploring and maybe something else shows up later?

Build flying machines and get the Rito power for super long range paragliding.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lol the game told me to throw the eyes in the chasms so I did and they all despawned. I don't wanna play any more

Haha that's such a cool quest in theory. When I played my emulator kept crashing right when I'd get down to the big guy with an eye. Thankfully if you jam it in it gets saved, but repeat crashes meant I re did parts of that quest multiple times each and if I had even waited a couple hours there was an update fix posted.

Still, even before the crashes it was really suspicious when it was like drop em and it'll be fine when you know the game ain't keep track of nothing the second you look away.

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
My one complaint about the Depths is that there isn't anything truly terrifying in there. I want just one creature that doesn't show up often, but fills me with fear and panic when it does. Somewhat of a waste of its atmosphere.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If you're at the part where the quests point you there, there's koroks nearby who talk about it.

If not, it's possible to still do but you're on your own.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Updog Scully posted:

My one complaint about the Depths is that there isn't anything truly terrifying in there. I want just one creature that doesn't show up often, but fills me with fear and panic when it does. Somewhat of a waste of its atmosphere.

I was trying to explain to somebody last week how much I wished that Tears of the Kingdom had more High Lord Wolnir moments when you're exploring the depths.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Final Boss - I loved how the UI was used to express the stakes of the Demon King fight. The little UI "pranks" like the super long health bar and shattered hearts felt like something Toby Fox would do.
I wish the fight was actually harder because yeah, the boss destroying my max health was a real OH poo poo moment - doubly so because I always go for 3 bars of stamina so I wasn't even rocking a full first-line of hearts when I first fought him

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Most of them I got to either from the scout towers or from islands the towers could get me to. Once you learn the formulas you can read the map pretty well: Bird-shaped ones have gliders, cross-shaped ones have shrines and launchers, construct arenas usually have the floating platforms with either fans or rockets.

Main exception is Death Mountain, one of the stables spells it out: pretty much every island there is dropping rocks, so get near one and it'll spawn a ride back up for you.

A few are intentionally wayyyyyy out there and need shenanigans.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Agent355 posted:

they're usually connected to smaller islands that have stuff to build flying machines, or like platforms with rockets

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Agent355 posted:

When building hot air balloons try to attach a torch so that the head is above the fire breathing face and under the balloon. That way when you have to deactivate it because your battery is running out the torch is still there to keep it going up just more slowly

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Underground shrines should have a different icon or something; so I don't keep warping deep into some cave without an ascend point when I'm chasing a dragon across the map or knock out some quests.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Updog Scully posted:

Frox's aren't bad for this until you basically solve them and they suddenly become pathetic.

Plus the King Gleeok.

And frankly suddenly seeing Colgera flying around, but you've already beaten them at that point.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I still love the notes that play when you get a Heart Container or Stamina Vessel. Something about the piano at the beginning just gets me perfectly

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Seeing Across the Spiderverse has me imagining a multiverse spanning Zelda game where you drop into every game as some dimensional hopping Ganondorf threatens to gently caress over all the work you did in those games

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Updog Scully posted:

I was feeling the tension when I dove into Eventide Chasm and it was pitch black, no poes in sight. What spooky poo poo is waiting for me down here? Hmm, a big rear end wall, oh poo poo it's a coliseum! Am I about to fight five Gleeoks? All the BOTW blights and Calamity Ganon? Better eat some mighty bananas.

Bokoblins

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Just finished the game. Easily better than BOTW. Everything about the ending was incredible. And in the final fight when Ganondorf reveals during the fight he can flurry rush YOU was amazing and it's even better when you can do it right back to him. So satisfying.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Updog Scully posted:

I took a bounce off the first Rito tower and aimed for a giant hole of gloam, coasted crazy deep into a black hole. When I landed in pitch black the music kicked in, some Obsidian something or other's gigantic red health bar dialed in and I was insta dead

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Man, I'm loving what the lightroots add to exploring compared to BotW. Their being light sources in a vast dark area really fits my enjoyment of ticking off locations to clear out a map, and the back-and-forth of information between shrine and lightroot locations makes me way more motivated to find all of both. Contrast that to BotW, where I always poop out around 100 shrines without a way to find the rest outside of spending more time than I'm interested in making guesses based on the Hero's Journey map. Just a super good addition.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

jackofarcades posted:

Seeing Across the Spiderverse has me imagining a multiverse spanning Zelda game where you drop into every game as some dimensional hopping Ganondorf threatens to gently caress over all the work you did in those games

If you haven't played Hyrule Warriors, I think you might enjoy it. Assuming that gameplay gets along with you, there is no way people allergic to Warriors games should try plowing through them for the story.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bruceski posted:

If you haven't played Hyrule Warriors, I think you might enjoy it. Assuming that gameplay gets along with you, there is no way people allergic to Warriors games should try plowing through them for the story.

Yeah, I played the demo, and Warriors style games are definitely not for me. A friend played, and he kept on referencing things from BOTW that I did not remember at all, and it turned out that he was mixing up both BOTW and Hyrule Warriors. I remembered none of the Rito from before TOTK, and he was already super attached to them, and it turned out it was because they were featured heavily in Hyrule Warriors.

Anyway, I know a live action Zelda film/show would never happen, but I can't help but think that Troye Sivan would be great in the role. He's got the waifish twink look going on that Link has.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Iun-orok shrine seems to be bugged. I finished the shrine and now the cave has an invisible wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

magiccarpet posted:

I took a bounce off the first Rito tower and aimed for a giant hole of gloam, coasted crazy deep into a black hole. When I landed in pitch black the music kicked in, some Obsidian something or other's gigantic red health bar dialed in and I was insta dead

You should adjust the brightness on your display.