Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Marty as the bruiser character. Slow moving but does huge damage with his cane and Eddie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Is Hannibal Lecter just a Frasier who eats people??

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Is Hannibal Lecter just a Frasier who eats people??
As if Lecter would reduce himself to attending Harvard.

quote:

He became world-renowned as a brilliant clinical psychiatrist, but he had nothing but disdain for psychology; he would later say he didn't consider it a science, criticizing it as "puerile", and comment that most psychology departments were filled with "ham radio enthusiasts and other personality-deficient buffs".

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/blutakhamstring/status/1654808849096884229?s=46&t=nMSIDEUnS2WKV6u5hWw2nw

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

sudonim posted:

Marty as the bruiser character. Slow moving but does huge damage with his cane and Eddie.

I imagine Eddie occasionally just jumping in to randomly do major damage, like Shadow's dog in Final Fantasy VI.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Ok so that means every character gets a familiar which in turn means that Niles has a whippet.

E: Frasier can invoke one of three forms of his only son, Frederick.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i hear a certain goons relative will be appearing on the show

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

E: Frasier can invoke one of three forms of his only son, Frederick.

I'm torn between goth Frederick and Klingon bar mitzvah Frederick

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I like Ad Man Misinterpreting Advice From Don Draper Frederick myself.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/joechoui/status/1348735698430533634

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'll always be curious what pages Niles has framed on his dining room walls.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If Frasier had been made ten years earlier there would've been some kind of video game

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Christ I wish I had the Frasier tiger handheld

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

Christ I wish I had the Frasier tiger handheld
Basically Mario the Juggler except you're juggling incoming patient phone calls

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sagacity posted:

Basically Mario the Juggler except you're juggling incoming patient phone calls

gently caress I missed a call and lost my Roz

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Rumor has it the Frasier RTS that was exclusive to the Atari Jaguar was not a well conceived project. Given the poor choice of genre, console and clashing theme of the show with that of the consoles target demographic. Yet it somehow works.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Daphne's kinetic energy blasts were overpowered imo

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Zeniel posted:

Rumor has it the Frasier RTS that was exclusive to the Atari Jaguar was not a well conceived project. Given the poor choice of genre, console and clashing theme of the show with that of the consoles target demographic. Yet it somehow works.

That's so weird when the arcade version was just a quickrush bootleg conversion for a less popular game.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I can never survive the dinner party level. Starting to think it's impossible.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ynohtna posted:

You have to pick the right port in the previous stage's ending, and then get the right bon mot at the breakfast table. Check the manual for a few hints.

No surprise it's a rather weak version of copy protection.

If Frasier had been made ten years earlier there would've been some kind of video game

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
There must have been a Frasier.wad at some point, right?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rascar Capac posted:

Cacodemons replaced with that ugly cartoon of his with the giant forehead

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Infocom presents: The Crane Boys Mystery 3

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ynohtna posted:

You're supposed to save one of the blackballs for yourself at the end.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Just got a chill imagining how giant and imposing the Cam Winston sprite would be.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Just got a chill imagining how giant and imposing the Cam Winston sprite would be.

"I'VE GOT TWO BLACK BALLS FOR YOU RIGHT HERE!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rascar Capac posted:

I'd play a wolf3d level with Eddies instead of dogs and Niles' instead of officers and the mecha Hitler is Martin with a walker

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

But loving someone had to have made frasier.wad at some point I wouldn't bet even five cents against it. It's probably lost, it's probably on some Gateway tower on a shelf in a goodwill in southern Indiana, but it exists

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FilthyImp posted:

You have to pick the right port in the previous stage's ending, and then get the right bon mot at the breakfast table. Check the manual for a few hints.

No surprise it's a rather weak version of copy protection.

I've heard that game isn't great but it's oddly charming, it feels like something the characters actually made. It didn't come with an instruction manual, which was unusual at the time, but opened with 'Real men don't need instructions'.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

To have only been able to be present at the writers table for Ski Lodge. Or the table read. Just absolute genius

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Were the Shangri La Apartments real after all?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Holy poo poo that's a real find.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Holy poo poo

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It looks like divorce!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ynohtna posted:

You invite the Drunken Duntons. It seems like the obvious bad idea, but they draw aggro from all the other guests and you can just waltz through it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

October 12th

https://fb.watch/mACP1-ptfB/

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That was pretty terrible, I wonder if it'll actually be the intro sequence. But hey, there was beer in it, so Cheers fans are invited? :confuoot:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

frasier and niles on a bender, by golfhole
-----------------------------------------

**scene opens to a groggy frasier and his brother waking up in a strange place**

frasier: i say, what port are we in?
<audience laughter>

niles: hmm i think it's a '32
<audience laughter>

frasier: no you ignoramus i think we're in bordeaux!
<audience laughter>

niles: oh in that case it's a '28
<audience laughter>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Might as well do the YouTube embed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRUZi9geSE

Rappaport posted:

That was pretty terrible, I wonder if it'll actually be the intro sequence. But hey, there was beer in it, so Cheers fans are invited? :confuoot:

He's back in Boston apparently, based on the article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/frasier-kelsey-grammer-reboot-revival-paramount-1235571852/