Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

nice work keep going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Finally the progress updates for the common people

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spent a couple hours today finding Lilith statues. If you are at all struggling with damage, work on your renown, and statues. This made such a huge difference in my damage output and survivability.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

They made Kerrigan AGAIN

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Got a weird one. I went to head towards a quest in an area that I hadn't been to and showed as undiscovered on the map. Right beside the quest location icon was an orange star. When I got there there was gold and loot all over the ground like somebody had just killed all the enemies (but somehow it gave me the loot despite being far away) and there was a legendary amulet on the ground which was what the orange star was. In addition all the enemies were still spawned.

It's like somehow somebody else fought these guys and I got the loot despite being far away and never having been there. And I haven't even ever been in a group on the game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can you not skip cutscenes when in a party? Playing with my buddy, he's the Leader, he skipped the cutscene but I can't for myself

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Mailer posted:

Gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised that there isn't drama about six hour queues and disconnects and various other servers-on-fire issues. I guess this one was a bit too big for them to give it the normal treatment.

By saying that I've tempted fate, and for that I'm sorry.

The first clear was... like three days in? Four? It was before the first nerf cycle and that happened within the first week. I remember a friend I was playing with had one of the teams' stream running in a second monitor and was updating us.

It helps that they've staggered the release too. Both with the early access and with the game unlocking at midnight in Europe on a workday.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Sab669 posted:

Can you not skip cutscenes when in a party? Playing with my buddy, he's the Leader, he skipped the cutscene but I can't for myself

alt tab out and back in, it fixes that sometimes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kung fu jive posted:

Act VI spoilers The cutscene of the battle in hell is the best Blizzard CGI scene they have ever made and it’s not even close.

It’s amazing. The whole end of the act owns

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

They made Kerrigan AGAIN

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

queeb posted:

alt tab out and back in, it fixes that sometimes

Whack.

Thanks.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Google Butt posted:

So what's the most fun druid meta build rn

Picking random skills, especially if you use a stream chat to pick for you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best thing about act 5 is all the time building up the characters who play a part. It’s pretty cinematic

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

D-Pad posted:

Got a weird one. I went to head towards a quest in an area that I hadn't been to and showed as undiscovered on the map. Right beside the quest location icon was an orange star. When I got there there was gold and loot all over the ground like somebody had just killed all the enemies (but somehow it gave me the loot despite being far away) and there was a legendary amulet on the ground which was what the orange star was. In addition all the enemies were still spawned.

It's like somehow somebody else fought these guys and I got the loot despite being far away and never having been there. And I haven't even ever been in a group on the game.

pretty sure an event occurred while you were close by and other wanderer took care of it

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Just had to queue for 10 seconds. Blizz failed company preorder cancelled vanilla wow was better 0/10 would not spend $100 on again. Time to go play a few hours more.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

What are the clans to join

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Google Butt posted:

So what's the most fun druid meta build rn

Trampleslide. Not the most s-tier meta build(pulverize and stormwolf) but I did the WT4 dungeon at level 56 with it so its definitely good. Trample is the most fun druid skill imo and having it fill the screen with landslides just feels amazing.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Game locked up going into a cellar on PS5. Bed time anyway. Wasn't even expecting to play tonight

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Just requested an invite to CoG (same name as here) so here's hoping invites are being accepted.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Zelmel posted:

Just requested an invite to CoG (same name as here) so here's hoping invites are being accepted.

Just did the same. Hopefully there's still space if it allowed me to request to join.

I'm suspiciously impressed at how smooth things have run tonight with the frugal crew logging in.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I got into CoG well enough, thanks goons. Search for Cathedral of Goons, toss a request in every so often if it says requests are full.

Hitting up Rogue for my first playthrough and once I took Shadowstep(+cooldown on fresh hit passive), Dash, fast stabbies and poison trap it clicked remarkably fast. I like Flurry too. Combat feel is pretty great. Buttons will be tight later but for now zip zoom.

I'm trying T2 out until my head breaks on the wall and it has made two dungeon boss fights pretty intense while I'm still New Char Bad Gear. Really satisfying to pull 'em out with good dodging and prioritizing targets though but as good as game feels and looks it does show that it got rushed out the door a bit. It's funny how some of the attack reads are a bit jank or how the projectile hit boxes are off and I look forward to the post-launch recovery/Season 1 touch up to everything.

Specifically the spider that launches webs and poison that are contacting you before they finish traveling through the air and hit the ground, and the Ice Fallen Shaman that throws balls that hit pillars that spawn 8x orbs. I saw this for the first time and figured they were "avoid the bad on the floor" and they're a bit hard to see with a subtle spawn animation and he was almost dead so it spawned all 8 on top of me for an insta-gib. Funny stuff, not a complaint. Wow there's gonna be a lot to remember at this rate for the hardcore playthrough, color me engaged.

Game good, good job Blizzard.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Lore-wise I'm slightly baffled that the random peasants don't bat an eye at you casting town portals everywhere. You'd think they would associate that with demons and witches and poo poo.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Joined cathedral of goons, mrhangbrain

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Zelmel posted:

Lore-wise I'm slightly baffled that the random peasants don't bat an eye at you casting town portals everywhere. You'd think they would associate that with demons and witches and poo poo.

I mean, there's a big rear end stone platform in the middle of nearly all towns in the entire world, where people just pop in and out like a train station. Having your own portal just means you're part of the privileged elite.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zelmel posted:

It's a hellscape, man. You got gore raining from the sky most days. Worms are their money, and so are the bones.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

What I'm saying is by all rights the PCs, as random homeless wanderers, should probably all be burned at the stake at level 1 tbh.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

pretty sure an event occurred while you were close by and other wanderer took care of it
Maybe but it was at this altar of Lilith and I was in cerrigar when I noticed the star. That's pretty far.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zelmel posted:

What I'm saying is by all rights the PCs, as random homeless wanderers, should probably all be burned at the stake at level 1 tbh.

That's the first thing that happens in the game, a bunch of villagers try to kill us

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

zoux posted:

That's the first thing that happens in the game, a bunch of villagers try to kill us

It's a handful of starving half-dead cultists though, not like an entire not-dead town tying us up and putting us on a pyre.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zelmel posted:

Yeah but everything in the world scales with the wanderer. Would you kill the guy who is doing push-ups for you?

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Lawd have mercy sacred items are good. I have to replace everything now that I’m in t3.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah but everything in the world scales with the wanderer. Would you kill the guy who is doing push-ups for you?

Fair. The fact that reality in Sanctuary is apparently subjective and based (at this point) on The Wanderer would explain it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I got a drat stomach virus and have spent most of today groaning in bed or worshipping the altar of Lilith in my bathroom.

There's no way my work believes me that I'm actually sick lmao

Berbil Snatch
Nov 14, 2006
I soloed the butcher and all I got was a stupid sword?

Loving the game otherwise.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

I got a drat stomach virus and have spent most of today groaning in bed or worshipping the altar of Lilith in my bathroom.

There's no way my work believes me that I'm actually sick lmao

I mean, you could send photographic evidence if HR doesn't already hate you.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

D-Pad posted:

I had a similar thing happen and not only that, the dropped item was 5 levels higher than I could equip and had druid mods (im barb)

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Chain lightning sorc is level 51 and T3. I was shocked and how quick the jump from high 40s was; I spent almost no time in T2. In future runes Is probably jump closer to 45, upgrades slow way down around there in T1 and T2.

Sacred items are cool. Dungeons are harder but I like the prospect of big upgrades being randomly possible.

kinda wishing there was an easy speed farming activity, feels like lost progression is about hard small fights and maybe literally waiting out cooldowns between them?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its cool the nightmare dungeons arent scaled. did a tier 10 sacred at 57 and it was full of level 63 enemies

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

coelomate posted:

Chain lightning sorc is level 51 and T3. I was shocked and how quick the jump from high 40s was; I spent almost no time in T2. In future runes Is probably jump closer to 45, upgrades slow way down around there in T1 and T2.

Sacred items are cool. Dungeons are harder but I like the prospect of big upgrades being randomly possible.

kinda wishing there was an easy speed farming activity, feels like lost progression is about hard small fights and maybe literally waiting out cooldowns between them?

depends on your build. CL sorc has to wait for UC for her big burst damage. Firewall and Arc Lash just go vroom all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

no one should be forced to suffer the shame of paying 70$ for a game. having said that, i'm impressed by the quality of the game. also 25$ for an outfit. diablo 4 is really making me feel a lot of feelings.