Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Interesting, two-tone blue suit, extremely stylized S, red undies and red belt with yellow buckle

Previous Animated Superman (Justice League Action): regular S, no undies, yellow belt with red buckle

TAS/DCAU Superman: regular S, red undies, yellow belt

DC Direct to Video Universe (New 52 based) Superman: regular S (if small), no undies, red belt

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Assepoester posted:

DC Direct to Video Universe (New 52 based) Superman: regular S (if small), no undies, red belt

His eyes are sooo tiny

Also noticed that partway up the back of the hand thing is on both DtV Superman and the new one.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Junpei posted:

https://twitter.com/cinelinx/status/1665818110597660681

Mutant Mayhem will continue into an animated show.
"In the same universe" doesn't necessarily mean that the actual show will be similar in terms of animation style, etc., though

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I really doubt they'll be able to sustain that level of animation quality for a full TV series (though the 2012 CG show didn't look that bad)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
2012 TMNT very early on has the regular downsides of CG shows- no matter the quality of the main character models it's clear that new assets are expensive so you have a very limited cast and settings. Not so much as the show goes on and it's clear they had a lot of budget to stretch their legs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I completely understand the normal limitations of cg television, but lol TMNT 2012 had the streets of NYC populated by like four people at a time

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's internal politics bullshit since Zaslav took over. Adult Swim saved the show from being consigned to the rubbish tip of history.

I get that and I'm glad they did save it but I'm just curious as to why they don't put it up at the front of the block (especially since AS recently expanded to start at 7) where they stand a chance of getting more crossover from actual kids instead of at midnight. I mean, is it that important for people to get their nightly *checks schedule* 10+ year old rerun of King of the Hill?

But whatever, I have a terrible sleep schedule and love Superman so I'll be seeing it regardless.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

MorningMoon posted:

I completely understand the normal limitations of cg television, but lol TMNT 2012 had the streets of NYC populated by like four people at a time

Reminds me of when I tried to watch that Kung Fu Panda netflix show with the weasels and the gauntlet but it was so obvious how bad the animation was as it totally lacked impact and the character models were noticeably lower quality for the background characters.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MorningMoon posted:

Beware The Batman had the same problem, meanwhile Transformers Prime(and indeed most of the CGI Transformers series) played it smart and had most of the show take place in more rural locales so that issue isn't as obvious

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Beware The Batman had the same problem, meanwhile Transformers Prime(and indeed most of the CGI Transformers series) played it smart and had most of the show take place in more rural locales so that issue isn't as obvious

ReBoot somehow managed to pull it off. Virtually every episode of the third season featured a set of unique model assets that only appeared in that episode alone, in addition to a completely unique devastated Mainframe set used for the final four episodes. It was absolutely nutty what they manged to get away with.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

ReBoot somehow managed to pull it off. Virtually every episode of the third season featured a set of unique model assets that only appeared in that episode alone, in addition to a completely unique devastated Mainframe set used for the final four episodes. It was absolutely nutty what they manged to get away with.

Reboot used a premise friendly to the medium where they are literally video game characters, probably.

Sonic Boom def struggles when they have to use the deliberately bland background characters in recurring roles.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Still confused on midnight AS superman.

I remember it was slated to air after Unicorn, right?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

wasn't the third season like only 8 episodes though?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Third season is sixteen episodes, Season 4 is two movies chopped into episodes

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ah, i was confusing s3 with s4

edit: in that case it's really impressive!

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 8, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1668762293327523845

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Why is it a vertical video? Is this entire series for quibi?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's cropped for mobile

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That opening anime af.

Really hyped for this, despite the snark.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Arist posted:

It's cropped for mobile

yes obviously this is the case but it looks framed for vertical to begin with

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amused at Jimmy being the shipper.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I have a very strong suspicion that both Lois and Jimmy will figure out Clark’s identity pretty early on in this (the show’s called MY Adventures With Superman after all and they’re both front and center right alongside him)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope so; I hate it when the core cast isn't in on the secret--fwiw in the recent trailer we see Clark (not Superman) telling Lois to hang on, then flying straight up. And we also see Clark effortlessly catch her from a fall. But on the other hand, there are parts of the trailer where he's concealing his face from them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also in regards to villains, Brainiac has already been confirmed and at the end of the OP there’s a silhouette of what looks like the Eradicator (this is a Superman series so I assume we’ll get a Luthor as well)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s an uncropped version of the opening:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H8zqDd4bdmE

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bro, I kept expecting the vocals from Haruka Kanata to start playing lmao

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Bro, I kept expecting the vocals from Haruka Kanata to start playing lmao

Same (or at least I expected some kind of vocal track to kick in eventually), this is anime as gently caress and I love it

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

After many years, an animated version of Nimona (based on the webcomic, later graphic novel by ND Stevenson) is finally arriving on Netflix in a couple weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fuHRyQbOc

https://ew.com/movies/nimona-nd-stevenson-directors-journey-to-screen-netflix/

It feels like much of the bones of the story and setting have survived, so I'm cautiously optimistic...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Quinton posted:

After many years, an animated version of Nimona (based on the webcomic, later graphic novel by ND Stevenson) is finally arriving on Netflix in a couple weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fuHRyQbOc

https://ew.com/movies/nimona-nd-stevenson-directors-journey-to-screen-netflix/

It feels like much of the bones of the story and setting have survived, so I'm cautiously optimistic...

It's been a while since I read that webcomic (which I quite liked). But I am quite certain that it was set in a medieval setting. Was that changed for the movie, or was that already a change from the graphic novel?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

It was a sort of fantasy/sci-fi fusion with a medieval looking city but laser beams and SCIENCE labs as well as knights and jousting. The movie seems to be going a little more futuristic in look but it doesn't feel like a huge departure from what the webcomic was doing at times.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Larryb posted:

Same (or at least I expected some kind of vocal track to kick in eventually), this is anime as gently caress and I love it

Jake tried this for the ED, Japanese vocals and all. WB nixed it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Das Boo posted:

WB: We can only take so much anime for our superhero properties.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

Amused at Jimmy being the shipper.

This is the first new thing they've actually thought of for Jimmy to do in decades and it seems so obvious in retrospect.

Xelkelvos posted:

WB: We can only take so much anime for our superhero properties.

Teen Titans used it all up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Das Boo posted:

Lmao. Hope the demo leaks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cartoon network dates:

Jessica's Big Little World - Fall
Tiny Toons Looniversity - September
Invincible Fight Girl - 2024
Gumball revival - it's no longer a reboot, now just season 7. no date
Looney Tunes' The Day the Earth Blew Up is back on, but now called Bubble Brains (????? that's a worse title lol)

also not for kids, but Harley Quinn spinoff is called "Kite Man: Hell Yeah!". HQ season 4 this summer

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently the Adventure Time spin-off Fiona & Cake will finally be out this fall

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained
Any news on what's up with Craig of the Creek? They dropped another set of episodes recently and from the number of them I think that was the end of the 4th season. I remember their next and final season got cut in half and there's a movie on the way, are those coming anytime soon? Honestly that's my biggest frustration with that round of cancellations, it's such a lovely and heartfelt show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The 7th Guest posted:

cartoon network dates:

Jessica's Big Little World - Fall
Tiny Toons Looniversity - September
Invincible Fight Girl - 2024
Gumball revival - it's no longer a reboot, now just season 7. no date
Looney Tunes' The Day the Earth Blew Up is back on, but now called Bubble Brains (????? that's a worse title lol)

also not for kids, but Harley Quinn spinoff is called "Kite Man: Hell Yeah!". HQ season 4 this summer

Wasn't there supposed to be a Gumball movie at one point? Is that still happening or did they axe it and retool it to more seasons?

Or poo poo, was that never a thing and my brain just made it up wholesale?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dunno what’s going on with the movie.

I do feel like, definitively, the era of all-ages serial storytelling in cartoons in America has ended and we have returned to a previous status quo of… cartoons just for kids (all of which are episodic), and cartoons just for adults, and nothing inbetween. and that is a bummer to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hell, aside from stuff like Marvel/Star Wars cartoons and Miraculous Ladybug serialized animated programming on Disney basically died with The Owl House by executive decree (though The Ghost & Molly McGee is sort of an edge case) and now it seems like other networks are following suit.