Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Soggy Muffin posted:

Some guy I work with keeps telling me the only way to fix climate change is for everyone to go on a beef only diet. I made the mistake of debating him once like a year ago, and now he brings it up again or tries and show me some goofy poo poo from IG from some beef head influencer about how grass releases methane anyway and that cows absorb CO2. Apparently this is a big movement, probably started by Jordonson. This guy only eats beef and looks like absolute poo poo but says he’s never felt better while he’s sweating all the time and has dark circles under his eyes, always saying our ancestors only consumed ruminants. Hope he has a stroke or some poo poo tbh

Edit: he also says he won’t fall for vegetarian and vegan brainwashing when I bring up we need vegetables to be healthy. I’m like dude, you beef heads are way more annoying than they are

how old is he because his LDL is probably like 500 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

does flood insurance cover the use of flex seal products or do they negate the entire policy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lmao beef only diet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
well a 32-oz well-done-steak-with-ketchup-only every-meal diet and dying at 50 of heart attack could be considered pro-climate

so whose to say if its good or bad. i think its good. well-done steaks ftw. pink is gay

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
my favorite part of our institutions of knowledge becoming corrupted and our media being entirely co-opted by capitalist grifting is everyone being forced to determine their own problem/solution set for everything individually. you end up with amazing results like all-beef-diet

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
CO2? nah man, i'm more into COW

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lol they announced water restrictions in a northern suburb of columbus oh because it hasn’t rained significantly in a month, also the air quality at this moment is 150, lmao

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Soggy Muffin posted:

Some guy I work with keeps telling me the only way to fix climate change is for everyone to go on a beef only diet. I made the mistake of debating him once like a year ago, and now he brings it up again or tries and show me some goofy poo poo from IG from some beef head influencer about how grass releases methane anyway and that cows absorb CO2. Apparently this is a big movement, probably started by Jordonson. This guy only eats beef and looks like absolute poo poo but says he’s never felt better while he’s sweating all the time and has dark circles under his eyes, always saying our ancestors only consumed ruminants. Hope he has a stroke or some poo poo tbh

Edit: he also says he won’t fall for vegetarian and vegan brainwashing when I bring up we need vegetables to be healthy. I’m like dude, you beef heads are way more annoying than they are

We eat so many cows, there's more cow biomass out there than there is human. Chickens are even more than cows by a ways. Both of them outnumber their respective wild mammals and birds by many multiples. It's sort of staggering, some of the aggregate realities of modern life.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
pale beef dot

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Hockenheim posted:

Just saw this on cable and it was a real crack ping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH4P4yBAJ-w

lmao holy poo poo i watched the making of for that and... the madmen actually loving did it. They built a house in a gigantic tank, sealed it up with the CEO inside and unleashed 10 shipping containers full of water on it at once. Him standing there looking out at the rushing water's a real shot, and it really used his poo poo to seal it up.

They had a before/after and basically they CGI'd out above the waterline where you could see all the equipment and poo poo. Even the overhead shot with the see-through roof at the end was real, they only built the very edges of the roof and left the rest open so they could get overhead shots.

I hate marketing but I respect the gently caress out of the people who do things like this to make content.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Oglethorpe posted:

wd40 is a solvent !!!

Yeah! Because it can solvent all your problems!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Mola Yam posted:

pale beef dot

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

pale beef dot

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I recognise that! That's the golden disc they put on the voyager probes

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Harik posted:

lmao holy poo poo i watched the making of for that and... the madmen actually loving did it. They built a house in a gigantic tank, sealed it up with the CEO inside and unleashed 10 shipping containers full of water on it at once. Him standing there looking out at the rushing water's a real shot, and it really used his poo poo to seal it up.

They had a before/after and basically they CGI'd out above the waterline where you could see all the equipment and poo poo. Even the overhead shot with the see-through roof at the end was real, they only built the very edges of the roof and left the rest open so they could get overhead shots.

I hate marketing but I respect the gently caress out of the people who do things like this to make content.

Pitchmen owned, rip billy mays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9bBIFkR-7s

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Stereotype posted:

lmao beef only diet

Yep basically the new trendy carnivore diet but beef only. And when I say beef I mean steaks mostly. I’m like how tf you affording steaks multiple times a day, they must be Chuck because we get paid the same and no way can I afford $40 in rib eyes a day. I’m actually more curious now maybe I’ll ask him more questions tomorrow but I’m afraid it will open flood gates

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mola Yam posted:

pale beef dot

Hubbert posted:

CO2? nah man, i'm more into COW

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i went to waffle house and got a grilled chicken sandwich

but i skipped the cheese, bacon, and mayo.

i should have gotten the cheese bacon and mayo.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Soggy Muffin posted:

I’m actually more curious now maybe I’ll ask him more questions tomorrow but I’m afraid it will open flood gates

Oh boy do I have a product for you

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Harik posted:

Well they shoulda shown that in original version because I thought it was mostly cgi and a bs product.

Microplastics posted:

Oh boy do I have a product for you

Beef seal

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Oglethorpe posted:

i went to waffle house and got a grilled chicken sandwich

but i skipped the cheese, bacon, and mayo.

i should have gotten the cheese bacon and mayo.

wow that meal has a serious lack of BEEF

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Whatever lessens the amount of human life on this planet, whether it's lovely diet or PFAS that reduces fertility, is ultimately a good thing in the aggregate

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
https://instagram.com/shawnbaker1967?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This is the beef head influencer my coworker showed me earlier today. Not sure if this guy is an actual MD, or if he’s a quack, or if he’s just crazy (I’ve known plenty of crazy doctors) scroll down and he talks about how rotting grass releases methane and how a cow eating it doesn’t matter. Completely ignoring enteric fermentation in a cows guts

Edit: nevermind goons unsolved the case, he’s a definite quack

“Dr. Shawn Baker, a California-based orthopedic surgeon whose license to practice medicine in New Mexico was revoked in 2017, is perhaps the most high-profile carnivore diet promoter.”

Soggy Muffin has issued a correction as of 09:22 on Jun 6, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Thanks for posting the link to the dumbasses profile so I could block it.
Insta loves pushing right wing content just like the rest of the social media sites.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

CarnivoreMD was dying so now he eats some plants while moving away from the carnivore branding, but is still shilling his meat-based supplements, also his LDL is over 550

carnivore diet psychos own, jordan peterson is somehow one of the most normal ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNedlg1mQMw

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
blasting the cringe out of my balls into a paper towel to help save the planet

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
My favorite one is singer James Blunt trying to prove a point in college and developing scurvy after eating only meat for 2 months

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Microplastics posted:

I recognise that! That's the golden disc they put on the voyager probes

We come in peace. We have are snacks!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Koirhor posted:

lol they announced water restrictions in a northern suburb of columbus oh because it hasn’t rained significantly in a month, also the air quality at this moment is 150, lmao

Something I've realized that's completely broken me is that people really hate rain, which is weird and unimaginable to me because I love it.

But anytime we're abnormally dry or actually down into drought territory, half the people I know will inevitably complain about the rain when it finally comes. Like... it should be raining a couple of times per week here. That's "normal." The three straight weeks of weird cloudless skies are the horrific poo poo you loving psychopaths.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
"Wow, this warm weather is such a nice change of pace!" I say as I lay on the beach in December

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

"Wow, this warm weather is such a nice change of pace!" I say as I lay on the beach in December

People thought that they were just being rewarded
For treating others as they'd like to be treated
For obeying stop signs and curing diseases
For mailing letters with the address of the sender
Now we can swim any day in November

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Soggy Muffin posted:

https://instagram.com/shawnbaker1967?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This is the beef head influencer my coworker showed me earlier today. Not sure if this guy is an actual MD, or if he’s a quack, or if he’s just crazy (I’ve known plenty of crazy doctors) scroll down and he talks about how rotting grass releases methane and how a cow eating it doesn’t matter. Completely ignoring enteric fermentation in a cows guts

Edit: nevermind goons unsolved the case, he’s a definite quack

“Dr. Shawn Baker, a California-based orthopedic surgeon whose license to practice medicine in New Mexico was revoked in 2017, is perhaps the most high-profile carnivore diet promoter.”

i think it's interesting, and very telling, how quick it was for me to find a post (and related comments) that were explicitly transphobic. sorry to žižek again, but his whole account is pure ideology. even this post immediately diverts into the comments section about like, hey, five years ago no one thought about eating bugs but ladies didn't have weiners either! globalists (dogs distantly going apeshit) want you to eat a single stalk of celery: don't let them!

i think some of these diets dovetail really nicely into reactionary movements about changing material conditions. ✨globalists✨ run the media! soy emasculates you and will dismantle the natural order of social hierarchy! oranges... [checks notes] oh, yeah, okay, oranges are bad also. i guess. whatever. the thing is, i personally was vegan for a couple of years, and there are vegans as well who also have a tendency to use their diet and lifestyle as a stand-in for reactionary politics, mostly in the form of combating their own sense of vulnerability by excessively controlling their diets, but there's just less of them like that, in my experience. i also noticed that communities that revolve entirely around food tend to be a way for people to control their anxieties about the culture around them by controlling their own food, like an extended metaphor for their place in the world.

anyways, checking in from ontario: the sky is orange, and my apartment smells like burnt birch trees, this time from fires in the east. everything is fine! this happens every year, you're just remembering it wrong! it's fine!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol red flag warning just popped for the place im going camping on mt rainier. last time I was at this specific camping spot was in 2018 and it was cool and misty and 2 weeks later than this trip.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

lol red flag warning just popped for the place im going camping on mt rainier. last time I was at this specific camping spot was in 2018 and it was cool and misty and 2 weeks later than this trip.

exciting time to be alive, no?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

RadiRoot posted:

No

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

TehSaurus posted:

RadiRoot posted:

No

may we all live in interesting times

:blessed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
It's Happening.gif

quote:

Too late now to save Arctic summer ice, climate scientists find

Ice-free summers inevitable even with sharp emissions cuts and likely to result in more extreme heatwaves and floods

It is now too late to save summer Arctic sea ice, research has shown, and scientists say preparations need to be made for the increased extreme weather across the northern hemisphere that is likely to occur as a result.

Analysis shows that even if greenhouse gas emissions are sharply reduced, the Arctic will be ice-free in September in coming decades. The study also shows that if emissions decline slowly or continue to rise, the first ice-free summer could be in the 2030s, a decade earlier than previous projections.

The research shows that 90% of the melting is the result of human-caused global heating, with natural factors accounting for the rest.