Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Foxfire_ posted:

Why is the pepperoni rod alignment so poor? The sauce splat was right on target and the pepperoni doesn't seem like it'd be any harder, but all of those pizzas are coming out with different pepperoni placement

Different aerodynamic and bounce properties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

B-Rock452 posted:

I can't see if he has an rear end...

Got them dang ol' orthotics, man

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

B-Rock452 posted:

It's been railgunned off.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think the pepperoni might be just in rod form and it's getting sliced by the machine and dropped.

Yeah, there's an Inside the Factory (Or Inside the Food Factory, I can't remember which one it was) where the dude went to a frozen pizza factory and the pepperoni machine was someone loading in pepperoni sticks and the sticks getting sliced right onto the pizza, so they're probably getting stuck on the blades causing the unevenness.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nASzOU7xMyg

guys, our favorite logistics company makes a cameo!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Foxfire_ posted:

Why is the pepperoni rod alignment so poor? The sauce splat was right on target and the pepperoni doesn't seem like it'd be any harder, but all of those pizzas are coming out with different pepperoni placement

This is deliberate to make it look less "machine made" like it would if every pizza was identical and for some reason you bought a bunch of them and put them all side by side.

e: also because who gives a poo poo, certainly not the production line engineers!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the production line engineers definitely give a poo poo, they know exactly how far out of alignment it can get before they need to tune things up again and how long it takes for it to get that bad

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

We have the technology to just top it with one giant pepperonus slice and yet we don't.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Can you use that “sandwich” pepperoni on pizza or does it not cook right seems like it might be too thin

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Flipperwaldt posted:

We have the technology to just top it with one giant pepperonus slice and yet we don't.

I demand my cheese filled crust to be coupled with pepperoni between two layers of thin dough for the bottom. Bonus points if you do it with a single giant pepperonus slice.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

bird with big dick posted:

Can you use that “sandwich” pepperoni on pizza or does it not cook right seems like it might be too thin
It works great and it's how I make my pizzas.

Unfortunately I am not a robot.

Yet.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The confusing part is the pepperoni seem less aligned when they were showing that step, then when they’re put in the box they look much better.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I usually slice my pepperoni thicker than you can get commercially because I like it a little chewy rather than crispy but maybe I’ve been wrong all these years maybe I’ll make two pizzas and compare.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Flipperwaldt posted:

There was a limited thing where Firehouse Subs had a "pepperoni pizza" meatball sub available that was their meatball sub with two huge pepperoni slices laid on top and a bunch more cheese and I sometimes miss it.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Hank Hill did it first:

https://i.imgur.com/Bah7jym.mp4

B-Rock452 posted:

:hfive:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Nenonen posted:

Different aerodynamic and bounce properties.

video was from a day when the Floppy Bouncy Sausage Compensator Mechanism was offline

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Flipperwaldt posted:

you could use the oil in the middle of the pepperonus to fry some sides to go with the pizza

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are those pizzas pre-cooked? what's going on there

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

explosivo posted:

Are those pizzas pre-cooked? what's going on there

Some frozen pizzas come partially cooked to get that cheese nice and brown, since most home ovens will burn the crust before the cheese gets nice and toasted

Portesi does this with some of their pizzas

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huh, thanks! I kinda figured that's what was happening but I don't think I have seen one that came par cooked before.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1069667540151844884/1115410179673042964/5_second_rule.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
India suspension bridge collapses for a second time

quote:

Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar, speaking to reporters on Monday, also promised "strict action".

"It is not being constructed correctly that is why it is collapsing. It should have been made more strong," he said.
:thunk:
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/india-suspension-bridge-collapses-second-time-3540086

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/k32q0x851e4b1/DASH_1080.mp4

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

this is not very typical! normally the front doesnt fall off

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I typed India Bridge into Google and got this as a result.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Morbi_bridge_collapse

Pedestrian bridge collapsing days after reopening. 500 people on the bridge with a 125 official capacity. 135 dead.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

When I first came here, this was all river. Everyone said I was daft to build a bridge on a river, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the river. So I built a second one. That sank into the river. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the river. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, lad, the strongest bridge in all of India.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jabor posted:

the production line engineers definitely give a poo poo, they know exactly how far out of alignment it can get before they need to tune things up again and how long it takes for it to get that bad

No I mean about the alignment of the pepperoni. I'm sure that we have the technology to make a precise pepperoni positioning machine, but it is most likely intended to be semi random and the designers shrugged and said "ok".

I would like to think that there was one guy flipping out and demanding it was done perfectly and everyone had to ignore him all through the process.

Actually though it's also possible there are just a preset number of patterns for it and it is actually that precise.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

No I mean about the alignment of the pepperoni. I'm sure that we have the technology to make a precise pepperoni positioning machine, but it is most likely intended to be semi random and the designers shrugged and said "ok".
Actually though it's also possible there are just a preset number of patterns for it and it is actually that precise.

it's one of these, the things that actually matter are that all the pepperoni lands on the pizza, and each one has the same quantity and weight on it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I think they're missing a step in the video, because if you look at the pepperoni slices dropping out of the pizza some of the slices are so far over that they're on the crust. But later on when their packaging it you can see that the pepperoni is all within the crust.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

mobby_6kl posted:

Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar, speaking to reporters on Monday, also promised "strict action".

"It is not being constructed correctly that is why it is collapsing. It should have been made more strong," he said.

At last, an honest politician who isn't afraid to tell it like it is.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

When I first came here, this was all river. Everyone said I was daft to build a bridge on a river, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the river. So I built a second one. That sank into the river. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the river. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, lad, the strongest bridge in all of India.

The Calvin and Hobbes methodology.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

nomad2020 posted:

The Calvin and Hobbes methodology.
The Monty Python methodology, actually

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This could all be fixed if they just used diced pepperoni. (the superior pepperoni form factor)

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

gonna have a real bad day when a rock gets tossed into his shins

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

CainFortea posted:

I think they're missing a step in the video, because if you look at the pepperoni slices dropping out of the pizza some of the slices are so far over that they're on the crust. But later on when their packaging it you can see that the pepperoni is all within the crust.

Probably a QA robot* fixes the positioning between the steps.

*minimum wage worker

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A computer vision system that ejects any pizza with misplaced peps

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I get to stand there at the end and eat any pepperonis that touch the crust

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

haveblue posted:

AOI says there are 3 repairs on this board, got a missing pep here and 2 misaligned peps over here. One's a skew and one's a Tombstone.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I get to stand there at the end and eat any pepperonis that touch the crust

when I was a youth and worked at a pizza place, they had these large plastic bins of toppings like pepperonis. I would slam a fistfull of pepperoni almost every time I had to walk back to the fridge, it was so legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

it ejects them to a packing line where the boxes say the pizzas are "artisanal", making them €1,50 more expensive :capitalism:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvqfjf4Uhx1a4ae5a.mp4