Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wish I could change my hair. Sure I look like a goth Ryu right now but maybe I want to look like a bootleg Keith Urban and blizzard is stopping me from doing that

The wardrobe has a second tab. I think you can change it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Drone Incognito posted:

you cannot

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Drone Incognito posted:

I thought so too but you cannot. You can change your accessory and tats, but not hair (or face structure). It’s a very odd omission.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Sab669 posted:

There are definitely incentives on the Tree, and probably on items, to swap between the two. It's an interesting concept to emphasize the "Shapeshift" concept by forcing you to constantly do it, rather than like Last Epoch's Primalist that can just become a bear and be a bear indefinitely.

Yeah druid owns and idk how many truly viable end game builds there are but I got a ton of loot for companions and just utterly annihilated wt2 through the story, my buddy is doing a bear build and has an aspect that just makes him bear by default with tons of fortify and overpower damage. I think you could put together a good rapid shape shift build from what I've seen.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

SettingSun posted:

I thought so too but you cannot. You can change your accessory and tats, but not hair (or face structure). It’s a very odd omission.

Bet that ends up being a paid feature

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

There's a unique sacred ring that gives you buffs for switching between bear and wolf. I forget what they were exactly but it was something like getting a kill as a bear gives you a buff that pops a heal when you switch to wolf + some similar mechanic going back the other way.

There's also a legendary aspect that applies all poison damage on a target instantly when you hit them as a bear, which seems like it could maybe work with some kind of shred/rabies build.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Mayveena posted:

Any recommendations for Twitch streamers? The Blizzard list is 105 (!!!!) pages long? Kripperian who I know from Hearthstone isn't even on there either. So who are folks watching for drops?

Cohh. Seems like a pretty decent guy, which makes him way above average for a streamer.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

boneration posted:

I'm gonna sound stupid here but what exactly is a battle pass? Looked it up rq and it seems like progress in seasons is limited without buying it. On a $70 game. How are people not absolutely enraged by this, or am I missing something?

I feel as if the concept of a battle pass is something everyone else intuitively understands but I genuinely have no idea what the hell it is.

It's an xp bar for the season.
It is in addition to all the existing in game progression stuff.
Play the game make the bar go up.
When you make the bar go up enough you gain a season pass level.
Some levels will have a reward for everyone, even if you don't pay any money.
Some levels will have rewards only if you pay for the "premium".
They have said that the premium reward levels will only be cosmetics.
People are not enraged by it as loads of games do similar things.
There is still room for bliz to gently caress it up and make a bad season pass, but as described it seems fair, if you don't pay the premium you still just play the game as normal.

J
Jun 10, 2001

boneration posted:

I'm gonna sound stupid here but what exactly is a battle pass? Looked it up rq and it seems like progress in seasons is limited without buying it. On a $70 game. How are people not absolutely enraged by this, or am I missing something?

I feel as if the concept of a battle pass is something everyone else intuitively understands but I genuinely have no idea what the hell it is.

Fortnite really popularized the battle pass as a monetization system. Most battle passes are like a cosmetic unlock progression system that cost around $15ish. Your battle pass starts at level 1, and you level it up by playing the game. Each level unlocks some sort of cosmetic item. Think skins, emotes, profile icons, etc. Usually there will be daily/weekly tasks associated with the pass that level it up further. Typically these passes have a limited time duration attached to them, somewhere around 3 to 6 months depending on the game. If you don't finish your pass too bad you don't get the rest of the unlocks, and usually the cosmetics unlocked on the pass never appear on the in-game store in the future, contributing to FOMO.

Sometimes the battle pass will include premium currency on the pass, so that if you complete the pass you can buy the next pass without putting more money in. This is what fortnite and a lot of games copying fortnite did, but Blizzard didn't do this part with overwatch 2's battle pass so I'm not expecting them to do it with the D4 pass either. (someone feel free to correct me on that if the OW2 pass changed, I've not played it recently)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

We're finally playing D4 and gems still take up precious inventory. Why don't they have their own tab yet

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SettingSun posted:

We're finally playing D4 and gems still take up precious inventory. Why don't they have their own tab yet

This. Also I was surprised to see that the upgrades stop once you get the gem to level 3. I am drowning in gems now so I really haven't been picking them up. I assumed there would be another tier that you could upgrade to after 50 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

This is not true, there's Flawless and Royal gems that unlock at level 60 and beyond. Goddamn google results suck

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 6, 2023

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sab669 posted:

There are definitely incentives on the Tree, and probably on items, to swap between the two. It's an interesting concept to emphasize the "Shapeshift" concept by forcing you to constantly do it, rather than like Last Epoch's Primalist that can just become a bear and be a bear indefinitely.

I'm going full shifter until I get a unique that makes another choice better. Working great lvl 43 HC :)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've got a blue item with the skills on it that I want. I'd also like to add a codex or an aspect to this as well. Is there a way to upgrade it to rare / add additional abilities to it? Or is white and blue just totally useless is D4?

explosivo posted:

This. Also I was surprised to see that the upgrades stop once you get the gem to level 3. I am drowning in gems now so I really haven't been picking them up. I assumed there would be another tier that you could upgrade to after 50 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Seriously? They took away all the upgrades beyond the 3rd? This seems half finished.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

explosivo posted:

There are absolutely higher tier gems, but I'm not sure how to (unlock?) upgrading them. Would recommend continue to pick up lower gems and leave them in the stash.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Philthy posted:

I've got a blue item with the skills on it that I want. I'd also like to add a codex or an aspect to this as well. Is there a way to upgrade it to rare / add additional abilities to it? Or is white and blue just totally useless is D4?

AFAIK white and blue are completely useless beyond sales and salvage.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

coelomate posted:

AFAIK white and blue are completely useless beyond sales and salvage.

Why do they even exist. In the past games you could build your own items from the ground up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gadzuko posted:

Yeah druid owns and idk how many truly viable end game builds there are but I got a ton of loot for companions and just utterly annihilated wt2 through the story, my buddy is doing a bear build and has an aspect that just makes him bear by default with tons of fortify and overpower damage. I think you could put together a good rapid shape shift build from what I've seen.

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm going full shifter until I get a unique that makes another choice better. Working great lvl 43 HC :)

Incidentally my Storm Druid feels... Simultaneously strong and weak? Took me 3 minutes to kill Brol on WT1. Really good pack clearing, but single target boss DPS feels lacking due to Spirit generation issues.

I enjoy the Keystone Passive that gives a chance to cast an Earth spell when I cast a Storm spell and vice versa. It's pretty badass when one Ultimate triggers the other... Although it's a little dumb when I cast Hurricane and then piss out a giant kidney stone that knocks everything back away from me 🙃

I just found some Legendary that makes Pulverize, I think, an Earth spell but I don't think I've seen it get cast off that Keystone yet.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
does anyone have the original meme/post that the title was based off. no not the 2023 tweet. the diablo 2 year 2000 tweet with the picture of the beige CRT computer. you know what i mean. please i need it, to explain myself to my friends (caving on day 1)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

coelomate posted:

There are absolutely higher tier gems, but I'm not sure how to (unlock?) upgrading them. Would recommend continue to pick up lower gems and leave them in the stash.

Oh weird, the thing I read said otherwise. Don't trust everything you read on the internet, kids.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Post-Campaign Questions

1. How does item level interact with sacred and ancestral items? Item level appears to scale with character level with a very large variability (+- 100), but then do sacred/ancestral modifiers guarantee some sort of minimum item level that is higher than normal? What happens when you get to level 100? What becomes the difference between normal, sacred, and ancestral items?

2. Helltides are clearly the correct even to gear up since they can net you between 7-12 sacral/ancestral legendaries + max obols if you are doing them efficiently. What is the best use of time outside of helltides? My group started running nightmare dungeons, but we weren't impressed. We were doing rank 15 ones that had enemies 10 levels higher than us and the loot was much worse than a helltide. Is the XP a lot better? I have no idea how people got to 100 already. It seems to take forever to level up after level 50. There's got to be a method i"m missing.

3. What level is appropriate to tackle the level 70 capstone dungeon and starting taking on word tier IV?

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

explosivo posted:

Oh weird, the thing I read said otherwise. Don't trust everything you read on the internet, kids.

Level 70 unlocks "royal" gems. I'm 99% sure its every 10 levels + world tier bound.

Whites/Blues I could see being some future content update that makes them valuable.

Convinced the barb gloves / 2h sword uniques dont exist after running an absurd amount of helltides, dungeons, whispers and gambling.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I'm in World Tier 4 and level 62 and finding flawless gem drops. There's definitely gem upgrades all the way to Royal since that's what the maxroll.gg guides have in their gear.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

explosivo posted:

I notice that Google is full of SEO ai generated articles who cobble together questionable info from somewhere. I basically only trust first hand sources like forum posts.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SettingSun posted:

I notice that Google is full of SEO ai generated articles who cobble together questionable info from somewhere. I basically only trust first hand sources like forum posts.

Yeah I think it's this. Lotta stuff out there gathered from the beta version.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SettingSun posted:

Yeah the AI stuff basically demolished search engines so they're only usable if you constrain them to specific forums. So much gets shunted to Discord these days, though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

SettingSun posted:

I just want a definitive list of what stats can roll on what gear types!!!!

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I have some mechanical questions.

Do sigils have a timer? Can I just fire off a bunch of them and be fine for a few days?

I can clear level 72 sigil dungeons fine at level 58-ish should I be moving on to tier 4? My build works really well with larger packs of mobs and it seemed like from the streams I've watched the density is way higher on tier 4.

What is the most effective way to get good gear on tier 3? Doing whispers or hell tides? I'm assuming that I should hold off on sigil dungeons until I fill out my paragon board out more so that the range bonus you get a level 15 would matter more.

How often do world bosses spawn? It was very easy but I've only managed to do 1 so far.

J
Jun 10, 2001

SettingSun posted:

Trying to find specific details about game mechanics is remarkably annoying. So much SEO bullshit and stupid clickbait youtube videos everywhere.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Megasabin posted:

Post-Campaign Questions

1. How does item level interact with sacred and ancestral items? Item level appears to scale with character level with a very large variability (+- 100), but then do sacred/ancestral modifiers guarantee some sort of minimum item level that is higher than normal? What happens when you get to level 100? What becomes the difference between normal, sacred, and ancestral items?

2. Helltides are clearly the correct even to gear up since they can net you between 7-12 sacral/ancestral legendaries + max obols if you are doing them efficiently. What is the best use of time outside of helltides? My group started running nightmare dungeons, but we weren't impressed. We were doing rank 15 ones that had enemies 10 levels higher than us and the loot was much worse than a helltide. Is the XP a lot better? I have no idea how people got to 100 already. It seems to take forever to level up after level 50. There's got to be a method i"m missing.

3. What level is appropriate to tackle the level 70 capstone dungeon and starting taking on word tier IV?

Helltide are great but only up occasionally. People who hit 100 were running the dungeon champions demise or whatever, clearing the 3 corners of elites and resetting.

Lvl 70 capstone very doable with 4 ppl above 61 or 62. Bring elixirs and everyone run incense, focus on keeping alive as there are a few very mean aoes that can wipe, but the boss goes into stun easily and you can use this time to pump DMG. The last portion of the fight has a lot of adds spawn and it's worth saving your big cool downs to burn those quick and not get overwhelmed.

T4 tip, it starts out just like t3 and everything will kill you. Run a few easy whispers and or invite randoms outside dungeons to get into a group. Every one wants a group it doesn't matter if you're just a body.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yes. The AI generated SEO articles are ridiculous. It's made it to where if it's not a forum post, a youtube video (sometimes) or one of like 2 specialty websites that it's just nonsense.

That said is there a good werewolf leveling build?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This is really goddamn funny to me for no particular reason. My barb's lowest stat is his strength lmao

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

drat, my game will just not stop crashing to desktop with the Fenris error and I'm not sure where to even begin troubleshooting. Maybe I'll get rid of the undervolt on the 3080 and 10700k and see if that helps. I've noticed the crashing seems to happen most frequently around lag spikes and rubber banding instances.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I should probably maybe start paying attention to gear as I get closer to 50.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

SettingSun posted:

This is really goddamn funny to me for no particular reason. My barb's lowest stat is his strength lmao

maxim: the intellectual barbarian's magazine

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I hit level 15 and suddenly I cannot keep my skellies alive at all and everything is taking forever to die. Havent had a weapon drop in quite awhile.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Krataar posted:

I hit level 15 and suddenly I cannot keep my skellies alive at all and everything is taking forever to die. Havent had a weapon drop in quite awhile.

I'm level 17 and also hit a wall, dunno if 2 necros is stupider than 1 but if you want to party up im in the discord

The loot in the beginning is really disappointing. Even as meh as D3's campaign was if you did play it you'd start to get some good loot around level 10. I'm level 17 now and everything has been totally trash/forgettable. I haven't gotten a new/altering weapon or piece in ages. I know this is still early game but it feels a lot like early D3 when you'd play for hours and feel like you were making no progress.

I'm on WT2 so maybe I'm expecting too much but running into a boss wall and no really easy way to get past it at this level is kind of a momentum killer.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I sacrificed the defender necros and am blowing things up w blood spear, recommend. I think I'm about that level.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Krataar posted:

What is your build? I've absolutely sailed through the first five acts with two deaths (both one-shots outta nowhere)

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Is there a direct level penalty for fighting things above your level?

I tried the capstone dungeon at 42, got my rear end kicked in, tried it again at 45 changing nothing and it was easy short of the final boss randomly one shotting me when I had been comfortably avoiding/tanking everything else he threw at me

poemdexter posted:

I'm in World Tier 4 and level 62 and finding flawless gem drops. There's definitely gem upgrades all the way to Royal since that's what the maxroll.gg guides have in their gear.

Does levelling up boost what jewelers can merge up to as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

That said is there a good werewolf leveling build?

This is the one I started with then transitioned over to this one past level 25 or so since most of the skills align. Currently in T3 using the Shredder build and rockin'.