Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gems also drop like candy if you’re exploring and going in to caves. I think I ended the game with 40ish of each rarer gem, and 100+ opals/amber, and that was with selling them liberally (and using a ton of amber to upgrade the Time set).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Upgrading the champions tunic is a test of my patience. I haven’t figured out the light dragons path yet so I’m just trying to estimate last time I saw her and shoot up a tower and ride a wing and identify her with a camera to get another part since you can’t farm parts like in botw

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

You can also make a surprising amount of money selling cheap items you don't need. I had 999 bright bloom seeds, and enough giant ones to never need them. That paid for a whole armour set.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

sonatinas posted:

Upgrading the champions tunic is a test of my patience. I haven’t figured out the light dragons path yet so I’m just trying to estimate last time I saw her and shoot up a tower and ride a wing and identify her with a camera to get another part since you can’t farm parts like in botw

If you're looking up at the sky from the ground, you'll see the light dragon before the sensor ever picks it up. It kind of does a lap all around hyrule in a clockwise direction. I managed to find it a few times just by teleporting to each of the towers and having a look around, using a pin from the scope once I find it to see where on the map it exactly is, then going to the closest tower that it'll be heading towards

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, question about dragons: do they despawn if you save on them or smth? Was trying to farm the light one for parts but I stopped and saved over it. Now I loaded and was on a tower and no matter how much I teleport it's nowhere to be found.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/mangopanic/status/1665555308234539010?s=20

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

socialsecurity posted:

It's basically impossible/insane to upgrade every armor set just sell your dam gems.

Buy extra clothes from poe daddy, sell them for 600 rupees each. Half of Lookout Landing is probably wearing gloom pants thanks to me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That’s actually accurate to real life(though it wouldn’t accelerate that fast). I think the idea is the air the fan is blowing pulls a little extra with it? Anyway it generates a slight surplus of force and will push the sail. Mythbusters did an episode on it.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Runcible Cat posted:

Buy extra clothes from poe daddy, sell them for 600 rupees each. Half of Lookout Landing is probably wearing gloom pants thanks to me.

Poe armor reselling is a good idea since they are abundant imo. If you find a skeleton horse it makes it a bit easier or 5th sage.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There’s a local company called BOBSON and I used to always think of Bobson Dugnutt when I saw it but now I also think of construction, thanks game.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
So no one else felt weird about selling souls to the unknown entities that pinky promised they were just moving them on the afterlife?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

RatHat posted:

That’s actually accurate to real life(though it wouldn’t accelerate that fast). I think the idea is the air the fan is blowing pulls a little extra with it? Anyway it generates a slight surplus of force and will push the sail. Mythbusters did an episode on it.

wut.

WUT. :psypop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Benagain posted:

So no one else felt weird about selling souls to the unknown entities that pinky promised they were just moving them on the afterlife?

*looks at large pile of captured souls, then at even larger pile of rupees* No

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Benagain posted:

May goddess Hylia strike me down if these poes are not going to the afterlife.(after I put on the lightening helm)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

zzMisc posted:

wut.

holy poo poo

wtf.

rip grant

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Benagain posted:

I had some questions until I realized it meant unlimited Biggoron Swords. Link's whole purpose in life is basically defined by endless killing, it makes sense that I could come to an arrangement with some sort of reaper God

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Benagain posted:

*Luminous stones have an unsubstantiated legend that they contain the souls of the dead.

*Luminous stones are not found in conjuction with poes

*Zonaite, on the other hand, *is*. And zonaite mines in particular have very high concentrations of souls in the equipment.

*Zonaite superficially resembles luminous stone.

* someone stopped the bargainers from doing their jobs, and nobody but the zonai had any access to the chasms

Conclusion: zonaite is compressed human souls, all the zonai tech runs on them, and the legend about luminous stone is based on the memory of zonaite from the ancient era.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

If you're looking up at the sky from the ground, you'll see the light dragon before the sensor ever picks it up. It kind of does a lap all around hyrule in a clockwise direction. I managed to find it a few times just by teleporting to each of the towers and having a look around, using a pin from the scope once I find it to see where on the map it exactly is, then going to the closest tower that it'll be heading towards

Specifically, it passes over each geoglyph. Visit the sky towers going counterclockwise and look towards the nearest glyph.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

bawk posted:

Finishing the very last shrine, just occurred to me: they have these neat hands basically serving as Floormasters in this game, I wonder if they thought of/maybe tried having them crawl along the ceiling at some point?

It's one thing to walk into a cave and see the pool of Gloom appear to make you go "oh gently caress oh poo poo" but I think it'd be next-level if you were walking around a cave with ceilings juuuuust high enough to be out of view, and then hear that same noise coming from seemingly nowhere.

I encountered Hands for the first time last night at the north lomei labyrinth. And this is exactly what happened lol. After reaching the end, I stopped to think about where I wanted to go next. Huh weird why is that extremely threatening piano bassline playing? *Hands whip around the corner* SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER. Jump scare got me good :haw:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

zzMisc posted:

wut.

Why would people think this wouldn't work?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Because people think that the thrust from the fan would be counteracted entirely by the thrust of the wind hitting the sale

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would like to apologize to the person who designed this balance shrine I skipped entirely through recall fuckery.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
How much thrust do people think fans have? ok I guess in totk fans have a ton of thrust.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Link is only able to fly around on them on account of being one of the smallest people in the Kingdom

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Epic High Five posted:

Link is only able to fly around on them on account of being one of the smallest people in the Kingdom

He's a little bit Minish, no cap

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The hero of Hyrule being an absolute manlet will never stop being hilarious.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The Lurelin Village quest is epic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i can not believe how goddamn huge this poo poo is. i just finished the Hyrule Castle quest and there are still like entire towns that i haven't done a single quest in

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is there an easy way to get level 1 construct poo poo or is it just luck once you've "leveled the world"

i need like 5 goddam Captain 1 horns or some poo poo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is there an easy way to get level 1 construct poo poo or is it just luck once you've "leveled the world"

Check the Proving Ground shrines after a blood moon.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I believe that the first skisland and any shrines that have them are locked to the type of construct spawned.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah i tried the first Sky Island but i couldn't remember where Captains spawned

there's a few frustrations like that, and the fact that the menus were designed by The Joker from Batman but i'm loving this so much more than BOTW

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You can search for fixed spawns on some maps at this point, but when I had to find a bunch I just swept the starter island which still had some non-leveled spawns

Really wish they had gone with a ranks system for the upgrades. Like, 50 ranks of mob horn for an upgrade, and a Captain IV counts for 4 sort of thing so you can use later mats for earlier upgrades but it's still super worth it to hunt down the higher ranked monsters. This plus making guts start at 50% instead of 0% solves a lot by making things less frustrating but not any easier.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I would like to apologize to the person who designed this balance shrine I skipped entirely through recall fuckery.
If you mean the one with the balls, yes same.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'm glad they didn't copy paste that lovely shrine robot fight from BotW but am still sad when I enter a Rauru's Blessing or naked Link shrine. PUZZLES.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

snoremac posted:

naked Link

I'm stiiilll in a dreeeammm
Rock Eater

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I like the quest where you literally do nothing for 15 minutes except press a button on your controller halfway through to stop the Switch going into standby mode.

Oh good there's another one immediately afterwards.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is there any data on what causes the game to level things up? I assume it's tied to shrines complete but maybe quests and etc?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

graventy posted:

Is there any data on what causes the game to level things up? I assume it's tied to shrines complete but maybe quests and etc?

if it's like BOTW it's beating enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Frankston posted:

I like the quest where you literally do nothing for 15 minutes except press a button on your controller halfway through to stop the Switch going into standby mode.

Oh good there's another one immediately afterwards.

The hell quest is that?