Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

While the government tries to squeeze asylum seekers into London hotels, you can actually pay a small fortune to stay in a London themed hotel, complete with David Beckham themed rooms.

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1661647054886535168?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Given all the effect Brexit has had on Northern Ireland, Brexit has not been "nothing really happened. Everyone is really okay."' Like it has massively shook up the while region.

This is the "balls to the wall" part I mentioned. Considering they're the "Conservative and Unionist" Party their sheer abandonment of Northern Ireland is only not shocking because you can never trust a tory.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

Yes but Britain was fighting Nazis so all good.

That's what Putin said, though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If he really believed that he'd side with them to split Poland.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

smellmycheese posted:

While the government tries to squeeze asylum seekers into London hotels, you can actually pay a small fortune to stay in a London themed hotel, complete with David Beckham themed rooms.

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1661647054886535168?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Pool connected to the shitter for that authentic English feel

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Marmaduke! posted:

Pool connected to the shitter for that authentic English feel

And poo tomatoes grown in that pool served in the breakfast buffet

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

Should make it so that only the Beckhams can stay in it for that true authentic British feel

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
All things British, just mashed randomly together without context.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Why are robots (or robot suits) always shown with flared trousers (let alone the muscle-bound gym bodies)?

Eg ^^^ spice suits above

Optimus prime

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 6, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re not robots they’re giant people in giant armour

:goonsay:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The spice girls, specifically

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Why are robots (or robot suits) always shown with flared trousers (let alone the muscle-bound gym bodies)?
In the grim darkness of the disco future, there is only War (the 70s funk band)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

The spice girls, specifically

Yeah but they're in robot suits. (I don't know what else to call them).

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

rockets go on the feet so that’s why they’re bigger

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Eg ^^^ spice suits above

Optimus prime

Have you seen the works of Masamune Shirow?

(The design comes from Shirow but it proved extraordinarily difficult to get s piece of original art from the artist that didn't have a scantily clad woman erupting from the robot).

grobbo
May 29, 2014
In the Imperium of Man, everyone does wide-stance power poses to impress the serfs.

The greaves provide essential calf support.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

grobbo posted:

In the Imperium of Man, everyone does wide-stance power poses to impress the serfs.

The greaves provide essential calf support.

The Imperium is explicitly fascist, they probably stole the stance from the Tories.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Z the IVth posted:

Have you seen the works of Masamune Shirow?

(The design comes from Shirow but it proved extraordinarily difficult to get s piece of original art from the artist that didn't have a scantily clad woman erupting from the robot).

Hadn't heard of him so I just googled and yes the needle-pointed bosoms are on full display.
Should be used to that from too many science fiction convention art shows.
Why is it that women can fight clad only in a pointy bra, g-string and high-heeled, thigh-high leather boots while men need all that armour. Same on cop shows on tv, or the women are sometimes allowed a sleeveless, strappy vest over the pointy bra (but only if they are female physicists eg Dr Christmas Jones)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 6, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Overcompensation

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Survivorship bias

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

stopping my killing thrust as it would strike the titty and I would be dobbed in for sexual harassment

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1666017463807406080

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
INT: Daily Mail editorial office

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Eg ^^^ spice suits above

Optimus prime

Well that's from the Dreamwave era, when the style guide was loose and ugly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Well, the Transformers started off as toys, where the flared base was v important

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

That's what Putin said, though.

TBF, even Bellingcat (which is very pro-Ukrainian) is starting to put out threads going 'oh hey there sure are a lot of neo-Nazis at the core of these much-hyped military operations'.

One of the guys running the anti-Putin border insurgency, for instance, sells the Christchurch manifesto in his online store ands seems to be fighting Russia because he doesn't think it's racist enough.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jedit posted:

The Imperium is explicitly fascist, they probably stole the stance from the Tories.

So an important thing to remember about Warhammer 40K (where the models are from) is that it was a game created in the 1980's in England, and like Judge Dredd, it is sort of supposed to be satire.

That part often gets overlooked, but occasionally, it has a bit of absurdist humour to it.

Like most people don't realize that one of the big Ork's in the setting is called Ghazghkull l Thraka or to give him his full name Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

Which if you say it outloud, is Margaret Thatcher.

And every so often you run into a comedy thing in this game that became a super serious IP when it started making a company money hand over fist and you have to sort of square this circle.

I still think they try and do it every so often, like when the Welfare Primarch, Lion El Johnson, came back and he sort of looks like a fighting mad version of Jeremy Corbynn.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

TBF, even Bellingcat (which is very pro-Ukrainian) is starting to put out threads going 'oh hey there sure are a lot of neo-Nazis at the core of these much-hyped military operations'.

One of the guys running the anti-Putin border insurgency, for instance, sells the Christchurch manifesto in his online store ands seems to be fighting Russia because he doesn't think it's racist enough.

the guardian calling them anti-putin partisans is an absolute master stroke in the time honoured british tradition of getting liberals to support nazis when they’re useful

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh sick, Putin was right, death to Ukraine then

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jel Shaker posted:

the guardian calling them anti-putin partisans is an absolute master stroke in the time honoured british tradition of getting liberals to support nazis when they’re useful

The liberal media: "Guys, do you HAVE to wear all those swastikas? There are grave concerns that it could lead credence to the Russian claims that you're a bunch of Nazis!"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol, Prince Harry getting the Gerry Adams treatment:

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1666113778382000128?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

The liberal media: "Guys, do you HAVE to wear all those swastikas? There are grave concerns that it could lead credence to the Russian claims that you're a bunch of Nazis!"

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1665726445493026819?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What do you think should be done about it

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

They mostly seem to be keen on getting themselves killed by fighting the nationalists on the Russian side, so I can't be too mad about it.

e: Maybe arrest the worst ones after or something. Like what happened to Iranian communists after the revolution.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 6, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fantastic example of just what a bunch of lunatics the IEA is.

https://twitter.com/gerriisalsogigi/status/1665990614154969090?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Broke, replace doctors with schoolleaver apprentices.

Bespoke, replace doctors with anyone who wants to just say they're a doctor.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

smellmycheese posted:

Fantastic example of just what a bunch of lunatics the IEA is.
Ooh that's some vintage 2000's D&D libertarianism.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

All those people on that island wouldn't have been eaten if they'd had a bathroom inspector regularly checking the dinosaurs' genitals.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Why is it that women can fight clad only in a pointy bra, g-string and high-heeled, thigh-high leather boots while men need all that armour. Same on cop shows on tv, or the women are sometimes allowed a sleeveless, strappy vest over the pointy bra (but only if they are female physicists eg Dr Christmas Jones)

The warhammer lot do at least kind of even the playing field.

So you get dominatrix nuns in titty armour but it's still roughly the amount of protection on most tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

cat botherer posted:

Ooh that's some vintage 2000's D&D libertarianism.
Libertarians lost interest in it once it was 16 years old.