Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tRoFYaV.mp4

Sound needed.

Lady can't find her purse, is going off about how she's sure she grabbed it.

Copy cat fake meme from the forgotten cellphone video two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Bum the Sad posted:

Copy cat fake meme from the forgotten cellphone video two weeks ago.

Could it be fake? Sure. Have I witnessed this in real life? Yes.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Glottis posted:

Could it be fake? Sure. Have I witnessed this in real life? Yes.

One time after getting new glasses, I was searching for them on my way out the door. I then realized how much sharper everything looked and was happy with how well the glasses were working to enhance my vision, because it made it that much easier to find my...

Oh.

Yeah, it's a very easy mistake to make.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I've done the walk around the house looking for my car keys. "WHY AREN'T THEY IN THE BASKET?!?!" *in hand, the whole time* "Seriously, I put them there, every single day, why would they be anywhere else?!?"

People just have those magical moments of complete stupidity. It happens.

e- chemtrails and frog hormones

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 6, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's not until this moment that I realised that these are separate songs.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Thank you. This plays in my head every time I watch a video with conveyor belts and automated processes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfDqR4fqIWE&t=85s

<:mad:>

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dirk the Average posted:

One time after getting new glasses, I was searching for them on my way out the door. I then realized how much sharper everything looked and was happy with how well the glasses were working to enhance my vision, because it made it that much easier to find my...

Oh.

Same here, except without the moment of realizing that I was wearing them :smithicide: I also once asked a family member when the 8:00 train was, so maybe it's in humanity's best interests that I'm not looking to have children.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dirk the Average posted:

Oh.

One time I was talking on my cellphone to my mom while getting ready for work and started panicking because I couldn't find my cellphone.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I do this every time I'm watching some long video on my phone. I start looking for my phone when the video gets a bit boring.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 6, 2023

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was at the movies and I couldn't find my cell phone so I asked my friends to help me look for my cell phone, while using the flashlight on my cell phone to aid me in the quest since it was dark.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off
I've done the whole looking for something I have in my hand before. I wonder why that happens? Is there some psychological phenomenon going on? Or are we all just dumbasses?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I've stood in front of my locked front door, seen my keys in my hand and thought 'oh yeah, I should find them so I can open my door. I wonder where they are'

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The latest Dashcams Australia has a classic "Hey Siri ...." moment :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71F722cwXl0&t=304s
(Timestamp is 05:04)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

dialhforhero posted:

Pilots wore scarves because it is cold as poo poo high up and at speed. Cockpits weren’t enclosed and even the ones that were enclosed weren’t climate controlled until the jet age.

Which is why they wore leather hats and jackets.

And sometimes pants.

With sheep’s wool linings for extra warmth.

The clothing was warm. Sky is cold.

It was also fire resistant.

Not that loving hard.

Goggles are similar. It’s loving windy in a plane without a cockpit. Eyes dry out. Can’t see. This is bad.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to understand just how loving cold it must be at around 15 000 feet (the practical flight ceiling for World War I planes), in open cockpits, with the prop wash going over you. There's numerous reports of World War I era pilots getting so cold they couldn't feel their limbs and had to basically fly back down numb.

Towards the end of the war, an Australian aviator by the name of Sidney Cotton developed a one piece suit with at least a warm fur lining, and IIRC also a rubber layer, which was basically the first ever flying suit and was iterated on until after World War II.

Because the British are very inventive, it was known as the Sidcot suit, and it was used to keep pilots "not dying of frostbite" during the war. Or, possibly to supply them with material to make emergency repairs to their canvas planes during flight. Who could say! Both scenarios are equally likely!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's the difference between a 'don't die of frostbite' suit for pilots and a 'don't die of frostbite' suit for polar explorers?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Pilots move less in their suits. In the Second World War, sometimes they were electrically heated.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm not a pilot, but I'd imagine they'd need less limb freedom and value more wind protection. Also probably more insulation, as they're not generating a lot of personal heat.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Depends on the type of aircraft too. A defensive gunner on a B-17 or similar would be facing temperatures dropping below 50 degrees Fahrenheit and would likely be wearing body armor too.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Firstly, polar explorers aren't consuming much castor oil,

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Climate change activists color bombed a private jet in Germany's tourist destination for the rich.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rubberduke posted:

Climate change activists color bombed a private jet in Germany's tourist destination for the rich.

Wouldn't that completely gently caress the plane's systems up to if it's getting into the engines/sensors/whatever?

At least, I hope it would. :allears:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wouldn't that completely gently caress the plane's systems up to if it's getting into the engines/sensors/whatever?

That looks like the windshield is covered so they aren't going anywhere without a cleanup.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rubberduke posted:

#blessed :allears:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvronoQhEN1zbaolq.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvsgcifOIw1qigfjt.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Maybe, then they'll have to have parts ordered and flown over so mission successful :v:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
As long as they can manufacture paint faster than planes, that's fine

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Jen heir rick posted:

Is there some psychological phenomenon going on? Or are we all just dumbasses?

Yes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Being a dumbass is a psychological phenomenon

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/nZ5VTyI.mp4

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Platystemon posted:

Pilots move less in their suits. In the Second World War, sometimes they were electrically heated.

Ya, and a problem they ran into would aircrews after an extended mission would get out of the suits and then crumple them up and throw them in their lockers and gently caress up all the delicate heating wires.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is the schad that this is a repost of a freebooted 9:16 video recorded with a screengrabbing tool configured to do 654:758?

This might be the original:
https://www.tiktok.com/@leifen97/video/7117757444465380614

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 6, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tRoFYaV.mp4

Sound needed.

Lady can't find her purse, is going off about how she's sure she grabbed it.

She looks high as hell, so I'd believe it.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Platystemon posted:

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

C.M. Kruger posted:

Depends on the type of aircraft too. A defensive gunner on a B-17 or similar would be facing temperatures dropping below 50 degrees Fahrenheit and would likely be wearing body armor too.

Scary number of visible bullet holes in that plane.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

blight rhino posted:

People just have those magical moments of complete stupidity. It happens.

Wait, yours lasts only a moment?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fatty posted:

Scary number of visible bullet holes in that plane.

Yeah they should add more armor there

Spatule
Mar 18, 2003

Tunicate posted:

Yeah they should add more armor there

Nice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/5qK68Kc.mp4

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This person needs their physics fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

Didn't know the Finnish Air Force had B-17s.