Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

SettingSun posted:

It's a wonder that we're giving D4 the time of day after the Diablo Immortal trash fire. And the string of Blizzard's other recent failures. I heard Dragonflight was ok but I dunno I don't play MMOs.

The glowing reviews from every outlet helped a lot imo. I certainly wasn't going to play it til I started seeing people singing its praises to high heaven all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

it is a wonder that an incredible game is being purchased, yes.
lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Blizzard has merged with the LIV tour

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

cataclysm ultimate might not be great, but it is fun to fill the screen with tornadoes and lightning, on top of all the lightning I am shooting out of my rear end weapon.

Storm druid seems to be good against packs, but lacking in 1vs1 and in killing big damage sponge bosses.

I looked at guides and willfully ignored them in favor of shooting more lightning, which is working out for me so far!

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
PSA for people having trouble riding the horse. Instead of clicking, hold down your left click for a much smoother riding experience.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Dragonflight was ok but it's weighed down by it being an expansion for a 19 year old game.

That reminds me, has Diablo always been this WoWy, I ask as I cast Army of the Dead and use the Lich King's blight spell (non-expanding ver).

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

explosivo posted:

Hey who the gently caress cares how other people are playing the game, how about that? People have fun in different ways and if you're too dense to realize that or too much of an rear end in a top hat to let people play the huge open world game the way they want to well,

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SettingSun posted:

It's a wonder that we're giving D4 the time of day after the Diablo Immortal trash fire. And the string of Blizzard's other recent failures. I heard Dragonflight was ok but I dunno I don't play MMOs.

yup. also when they released a mario kart game on ios that meant the normal mario karts would be aids. this is how reality owrks for sure.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

yorkinshire posted:

PSA for people having trouble riding the horse. Instead of clicking, hold down your left click for a much smoother riding experience.

Controlling the horse with a mouse sucks because some the HUD elements drop the command if you're holding your mouse cursor over them.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Diablo immortal’s microtransactions were bad. (It is a F2P mobile game developed with NetEase, so no poo poo).

The actual game was pretty entertaining for one run-through of the story though!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

TorakFade posted:

cataclysm ultimate might not be great, but it is fun to fill the screen with tornadoes and lightning, on top of all the lightning I am shooting out of my rear end weapon.

Storm druid seems to be good against packs, but lacking in 1vs1 and in killing big damage sponge bosses.

I looked at guides and willfully ignored them in favor of shooting more lightning, which is working out for me so far!
See if you can stack the Overload boon with an Overload aspect and a fair amount of Lucky Hit. The pulses kinda create a chain reaction that can do crazy damage to a single target (if you're lucky enough).

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1640230660131504128

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

euphronius posted:

Blizzard has merged with the LIV tour

Good, having to wear pants while I play is the only reason I haven’t gone pro.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

what on earth is the difference between Imbuement Skill Damage and Imbued Skill Damage.

I'm guessing the first only affects... the poison and shadow explosion? and the second is skills that are imbued? do non-rogues have imbues? anyways. lol.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Absolutely Batshit Insane Conspiracy Theory: did Blizzard knowingly murder Overwatch 2 because no publicity is bad publicity right before they teed up Diablo 4 knowing their brutal crunch had actually yielded a gem?

Again, absolutely batshit insane speculation but that'd be some 300 IQ marketing and business.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I think they would have had better publicity just releasing two good games instead of one lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

yorkinshire posted:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Controlling the horse with a mouse sucks because some the HUD elements drop the command if you're holding your mouse cursor over them.
Bind force move on one of your mouse buttons, and hold it down.
Makes it much easier to navigate around enemies too, both on the horse and off it.

Also, if you're playing hardcore, buy scrolls of escape (basically an instant consumable town-portal) and bind it on emote/function wheel, then set a keyboard shortcut for that function on the emote/function wheel.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 6, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

InventorOfTrees posted:

I think they would have had better publicity just releasing two good games instead of one lol

For sure, but if they can't save OW2 then it'd be a brutally pragmatic use of the news cycle.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Doomykins posted:

Absolutely Batshit Insane Conspiracy Theory: did Blizzard knowingly murder Overwatch 2 because no publicity is bad publicity right before they teed up Diablo 4 knowing their brutal crunch had actually yielded a gem?

Again, absolutely batshit insane speculation but that'd be some 300 IQ marketing and business.

no

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
This game just feels so.. unfinished. In every aspect. The honeymoon period definitely wore off on me bigtime.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Doomykins posted:

Almost certainly not the case. The dev teams are basically islands, at least when it comes to strategy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Philthy posted:

This game just feels so.. unfinished. In every aspect. The honeymoon period definitely wore off on me bigtime.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Doomykins posted:

For sure, but if they can't save OW2 then it'd be a brutally pragmatic use of the news cycle.

Overwatch doesn't need saving, it's just an older game they're cutting the fat on. It still has millions of people playing it. They aren't going to stop playing the game because Blizzard canceled something that they players never had access to in the first place.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

man the cutscenes are really good

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

ugh the social stuff just sucks, its such a pain in the rear end to find people on discord and then friend request and get in their party and you can't just click their banner.

i dont want the game to be d3 but they killed so many QOL features :(

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lol I think the victory lap is a bit premature for this one. Everyone loved d3 at first and it sold super well and fast and then it took years and a paid expansion to make it a good game... Alot of the skills sort of just suck in this once you get to the "endgame"

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

It's definitely better to revert to the day of yesteryear where you hit a brick wall in gameplay, spend hours tinkering with your build, discover you have no idea where to start, obsessively collect gear until you know most of the important potential gear drops, try to build a slightly more deliberate character, do 5% better, get advice from your friend Chet, discover he was lying to you for a goof, and then finally some rando at 2am who parties with you gives you the final piece of information you need to get your theory-build together and cracks open your DPS like an egg.

Or you could hit Google and hug your fuckin kids idk.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 6, 2023

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

CLAM DOWN posted:

man the cutscenes are really good

they're so sick

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Philthy posted:

It's also okay to enjoy what you can, and check back in whenever they add more stuff. I mean this isn't even a season yet. Game probably has legs.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you can wait to do renown farming until WT4 I'd recommend it. The 200% XP bonus up there and the ancestral drops make it a great time to knock out the renown stuff.

Philthy posted:

they skimped big in the QoL department. Stash management is awful. You can't rearrange tabs, you can't search for anything. It's basically the equivalent of 4 PoE basic tabs without searching. Do you have a piece of gear with overpower and vuln? Who knows, better manually look through 4 tabs.

Does your gear have a T1 overpower roll? Who knows? Game doesn't tell you.

I'm fine with games being made for PC and console, but when the UI on the PC client is still barebones for a console that's a bit of an issue.

It really could use another 3-4 months of QoL polish.

I'm really curious to see how the season is going to shape up though.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 6, 2023

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I've seen some people talking about a super speedy rogue "ice blades" build or something that blasts through WT4, but haven't been able to find anything via google. Anyone know what this build is and if anyone's done a writeup of it?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mendrian posted:

It's definitely better to revert to the day of yesteryear where you hit a brick wall in gameplay, spend hours tinkering with your build, discover you have no idea where to start, obsessively collect gear until you know most of the important potential gear drops, try to build a slightly more deliberate character, do 5% better, get advice from your friend Chet, discover he was lying to you for a goof, and then finally some rando at 2am who parties with you gives you the finale piece of information you need to get your theory-build together and cracks open your DPS like an egg.

this isnt diablo 2, that wall doesnt exist.

*check notes* folks this is what i would call a brainlet tier take

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Aerox posted:

I've seen some people talking about a super speedy rogue "ice blades" build or something that blasts through WT4, but haven't been able to find anything via google. Anyone know what this build is and if anyone's done a writeup of it?

Flurry with imbue cold?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Amazing to me that they could support 93 million hours on servers in that short time period.

D3 has the 10th most sales in video game history, so not too surprised at those hours.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

Hawezar 🎸🎸🎸 🎸🎸🎸

Hawezar, Hawezar

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

Hawezar 🎸🎸🎸 🎸🎸🎸

Hawezar, Hawezar

Every. drat. Time.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Mendrian posted:

It's definitely better to revert to the day of yesteryear where you hit a brick wall in gameplay, spend hours tinkering with your build, discover you have no idea where to start, obsessively collect gear until you know most of the important potential gear drops, try to build a slightly more deliberate character, do 5% better, get advice from your friend Chet, discover he was lying to you for a goof, and then finally some rando at 2am who parties with you gives you the final piece of information you need to get your theory-build together and cracks open your DPS like an egg.

or maybe just read the tooltips

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I like how everyone’s least favourite part of D3 was the deserts in Act II, mostly because of those loving bees, so they not only brought back the exact same desert but they also threw in those loving bees.

I literally went “oh god no please no” when I first came across them. Man, gently caress those bees.

Also,

Diablo IV: loving bees

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I definitely have a lot of small complaints that will add up overtime.

The stash tabs in general (lack of search, managing the aspects etc). Lack of actual search on the skill tree. The ux of the skill tree, while I'm at it.

Not being able to easily party up for activities — not a huge deal, I'm used to playing solo, but D3 had this so it's kind of weird.

Having to dismount my horse to duck under a log and then waiting 7 seconds to mount it again.

Having to run to the individual nightmare dungeons my sigils opened. Oh boy, definitely not going to get tiring at all if I do it a few hundred more times!

Town layouts. Once again, good for immersion, not that great for long-term play.

I'd say those are my non-story gameplay complaints that don't involve a deeper discussion about skills, builds, passives and so on.

I will say I'm finding it really funny to see people bragging about how amazing their builds are in like WT2 or babby's first tier 3 sigil. Congrats you completed the equivalent of a t1 white PoE map and are basing everything off of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Looking over some stats, blizzard is saying that 93 million hours of gameplay were played during early access. To beat Overwatch's intial sales of 7 million that would be around 13 hours of gameplay per buyer, which makes sense. So yeah it probably sold very well, just from the expensive edition alone.

Which surprises me because Diablo has never seemed to be the biggest IP in Bliz's catalogue. But at the same time it's the only game that's actually getting *new games* and not expansion packs or whatever Overwatch 2 is supposed to be. The gaming market is a lot larger than when Starcraft 2 came out, after all, although RTSes never sell well.

Actually, if you go for just pure sales and only take WoW at its peak subscriber count Diablo has moved the most units by a large margin.

Diablo has always been a little weird, because it never had the same cultural impact other blizzard games seem to have but -everyone- has played at least one of them. D3 sold 30mil copies, which puts it near the top ten best selling games of all time.